Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
We Reminisce [Private] EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
We Reminisce [Private] EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
We Reminisce [Private] EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
We Reminisce [Private] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
We Reminisce [Private] EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
We Reminisce [Private] EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
We Reminisce [Private] EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
We Reminisce [Private] EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
We Reminisce [Private] EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
We Reminisce [Private] EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

We Reminisce [Private]

2 posters

Go down

We Reminisce [Private] Empty We Reminisce [Private]

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:19 pm

How long had it been? How long had it been, since this man had simply had a chance to slowly walk around and stretch his legs, beneath the sunlight that permeated into the city of Malos Ciudad. The city itself was a dreg on society, but the placement wasn't bad. The way the sunlight hit the buildings caused Vito's face to break out into a soft smile as he slowly and casually wandered through the streets of this city. It really was a beautiful area, despite being an utter shithole all the same. Sighing softly, he reached a hand into his right pocket and slipped out a packet of cigarettes with a lighter, flicking out a single tube and raising it to be placed between his lips. The lighter was raised up and quickly flickered with a soft flame before causing the end of the paper tube to glow with a small burning light. He inhaled a long breath of the smoke before pulling the cigarette out and looking at it with a dredged expression. Before he knew it, the cigarette was dropped to the ground and stepped on, as if it had never existed. A single plume of smoke rose skyward and Vito slowly shook his head. "What an existence to live within, eh?" A dry and cracked laugh could be heard from the sombre man, but he would quickly sober up and look outwards.

"It's been some time, that's for sure." 'How've you been?' was what he would've liked to ask, if the person in question was standing there, next to him. He often missed that mop of green hair atop the head of that silly little girl. There were times when he wanted to go back to the good old days, but he also knew that his time would never come for that to occur. The door to the Golden Land had closed because of one fool that didn't believe. He would never be able to return. Instead, he would have to move forwards with his life. Yes, forwards was a good idea. Breathing out a long plume of air, the man shook his head and sighed quietly. It was difficult. Moving on... it was never easy. He had tried--has been trying--for a long time, but nothing was ever quite as easy as it seemed. His arms were a testament to that--hiding away from the light for so long had blinded him somewhat to the beauty of the world. "Ah, merde." He had missed that all along. So stuck in the past, he had never really tried to look for whatever he could do in the future. First, he needed a new lease on life... a new friend, a new contact, a new past time, anything to kick-start him once more.

Back to top Go down

We Reminisce [Private] Empty Re: We Reminisce [Private]

Post by Emmelin Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:50 pm

This place... The moment her feet set on the hot ground, the memories flowed. Scorched heat that could only remind her of ashes. Burnt black smithereens that her family had been cast into. They weren't there any longer. Even the shambles that had been the Diablos mansion were simply torn down and a new building placed on its ground. Just like her family, it was no longer there. She'd lost it all. Her hands.. Her.. hand. The purple irises fell to the digits which had slain so mercilessly up until then. Her hands... were covered, not only in the blood of those whom had stood in her ways, but the innocent who'd not had an inkling of their last breath. Where'd her mind gone for those years? Was it her heart that was lost? Did she even have one? No, not even Satan cared for her, she was sure her soul would be sent to the deepest ring of Hell anyways. Her imagination took control as the crimson droplets mingles with screaming voices to give repetitive imagery. Fifty.. at least fifty civilians she'd picked off one by one and even more in the masses of destroying the soldiers whom opposed Aurelius' rule. What was she doing wrong?

Her heart if it were even there, was no longer into this useless killing. People like Babe Shadi, they were innocent and sweet and yet, she devoured them like some sort of beast. Yet was it possible for oneself to redeem years of misdeeds within the length of a lifetime? Pointless, her suffering was left with eternity if there was one waiting for her. An undeniable truth being that she was alone in this endeavor. The more she had given, the more was stolen. Perhaps now, the terrible had outweighed her balance and now, fate was taking what it needed from her. Cruel actions swept her brother away, just as soon as she had hope. Shattered and falsified hope like the fake deity it was. Pathetic. She'd made amends with him and yet, three words had escaped her. Words she rarely spoke and hadn't said in almost fifteen years, it seemed. The time was gone and now, she was left without a word of what to say to him. It hurt more when she wasn't the one taking them away.

Drip, a tear fell upon her hand. Why was she crying? Goddam, human emotions. Her fingers covered her mouth and softly she mourned. Silas... the last of her family, the last chance she had to make things better. He was swept away from her, as if by a thief. Perhaps that was all fate was? It was simply a burglar disguised as Santa Claus. A ninja in a Shepard's disguise.. or something of the sorts. She couldn't exactly think straight through the burning sting at her eyes. Bitter air was making it hurt more, as if the saline in the tears made them sandpaper. It took some struggling to swallow back the lump in her throat. Control, composure and a swift wipe of the hand made it less obvious of the tears. No matter the wiping, the reddened hint in her eyes would always speak of her trials. Not that it mattered, she would push forward, anyways.

Her hands moved about her dress for the day. A nice white blouse, a tight black skirt and her normal white boots, laced to her ankles, the rest falling to against the ankles they covered. Darkened tights sat beneath and her usual choker sat on her neck. The sun was so bright, she'd forgotten what it was like to see it high and warming her skin. The memories flooded her eyes. The faces, so many. So many had been wronged. It seemed sad.. her family were insane, but still.. one was not as much. The one she'd been harshest on. Disgust choked her to remember his eyes. Ones that spoke of apology, begged forgiveness, before she brutally burnt him alive. Heat reminded her of fire. The blaze that ended all and began that new life which she had molded from nothing.

Her eyes cast upon the building that had once been where her home was. Before then.. before IT happened... She had friends, she smiled and played in the yard that was now a parking lot. Noting was there, not even a grave for -him. There wouldn't be one for Silas either. A single row of stones set to 'tribute' the building to the Diablos family. Somehow after their deaths they contributed money to the department. Valeria assumed it had been her grandfather, but that man.. was gone now too. Fingers traced the plaque and a moment she choked on more tears. Lucian Diablos. Said one, as if it replaced the fact they had no headstone. Valeria nearly lost it. She couldn't stare any longer. Past needed to be left there and though her heart wanted for it-something to change, it was likely that time would remain stagnant to her wish. Time bent for no one. Man or woman, what was done could not be undone.

Turning, she found her legs carrying herself. Streets basically empty, she could only give one overs on the stores and shops that seemed less and less sating to her hurting heart. Oh well, it wasn't like a cure could magically appear like Mana from the skies. It seemed like she wasn't the only one looking for a medicine. In her eyes; a man who looked almost as lost as she felt. Eyes distant and a rather distraught disposition, she was drawn to him, hoping his own sorrows could make hers feels like nothing. She decided nothing could hurt by approaching him. Step by step, she finally made to him. Not approached as a predator or a stalker, but for once a rather kind voice had come from her. One she'd learned from a man.. one that genuinely cared about her. As if she had to be taught all over again, she had to relearn what it was like to socialize. It was always easier the second time, but it didn't feel any easier. "You look happy." She spoke in a bit of a sarcastic tone, yet nicely. Just as happy as she felt. The turmoil inside... Yet, she could manage a smile and force herself through the pain. Loneliness could be eased if she took the shaky step forward. "About as happy as a loon, if I could say so, myself." It was natural for her to joke.

She breathed in, then out and tried to continue. "I hope I'm not imposing, or anything?"
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-
Level: 1
Writer: Ammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:45 am

When a man is pulled into the level of truly considering the way of life that he has led up until now, one must seemingly realize that there is a great deal of thought to be put into it. You can't just consider the fact that he may be feeling sad right now, but the fact that he may have been sad for a great deal of time in his life. In fact, it would not be foolish to wonder whether or not he was ever happy--would he say that he was, or would it have been a life lead into wastefulness? One could only wonder, as a man like Vito would never truly tell the story in its entirety. He would never discuss his mother's ailment, nor the plight of his father. The training with those men in Amestris, nor the tattoos that adorned his arms. Try as they might, only a few people would have been able to truly open the closed book that was Vito--they were either dead, or missing from his life. Closing his eyes briefly, he stood still in the position that he found himself. He was at a crossroads; four streets spread out from where he stood, each of them leading to a different path. "Tch."

"You look happy." --sarcasm? The sound of a feminine voice reached his ears; she spoke in his native language as if it were nothing. Slowly turning his head to find the source of the voice, his eyes flickered to the figure of a rather beautiful woman. Long brown hair fell down her back; chestnut, was it? Brown... purple? Yes, purple eyes stared at him with a sorrow that seemed to be close to his own, though most likely for different reasons. He wanted to say it--"Sarcasm is unfitting for a woman of your looks."--though it was definitely a bad time to try and flirt. Of course, flirting might be one of the ways to get the two of them over their own depression. "About as happy as a loon, if I could say so, myself." Aha, a joke. The man chuckled softly at that statement, though that fact that he did so was rather hidden to anyone but himself. His mood was slightly raised, though really only a little bit. The sombre expression on his face didn't leave, nor did the saddened thoughts within his mind. Closing his eyes and taking a long and deep breath, Vito Camillo Reyes slipped his hands into his pockets. He was glad that he chose not to be armed today, for today was going to be an interesting day after all.

"I hope I'm not imposing, or anything?" She was probably worried that he hadn't spoken yet. The man who stood in his dark grey vest over a black shirt and black pants, who was normally quite willing to hand over a smile and a kind word, was not exactly in the right state of mind for proper social interaction. However, he would try his best. The sombre expression remained, however the sides of his lips would turn up a little in the best reassuring smile that he could proffer to this woman. "Ah, it's nothing. I do not mind your company--it would probably make this dark day just that little bit brighter." He was being honest, not dicing up his words, not trying to say something that was indeed false. Instead, he would be truly honest with this woman, as he hoped she would with he. Closing his eyes for a half-second, the man opened them to look her straight in the eye, not holding back his gaze. "It appears that I'm not the only one wandering the streets in an attempt to find myself now, am I?" It was possible that he could've been wrong about it, but judging from the expression on her face, and the attempt at making light conversation? He had to wonder. What pain was she experiencing right now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:23 am

"Ah, it's nothing. I do not mind your company--it would probably make this dark day just that little bit brighter." The slightest in what seemed to be a forced smile slid upon his face.
The man was troubled. Or at least he seemed to be. Valeria didn't know
the man personally, though from looks alone she assumed him to be
around her age. He wasn't a bad looker, either. Of course, now really
wasn't the time to look him over, but she'd do it anyways. Her purple
eyes gazed from up to down and back up. She had been right about his mood. If he needed lifted spirits, after all. What a world that seemed to conspire against them; to make two lost souls meet. It was almost poetic and yet, that made it far too cliche for Val's tastes. Then again. she didn't understand her tastes anymore.

"It appears that I'm not the only one wandering the streets in an attempt to find myself now, am I?" She smiled a bit as well. Clever man. How did he know she just wasn't sad and was self-searching? It was quite the unique touch. She couldn't help but laugh softly. "Ah. You caught me!" Her voice cooed in amusement. Her hands, both gloved, she threw them up in the air. Fake surrender. A pause for a moment as she hesitantly spoke once more. She was afraid, a bit frightened to relax and actually communicate with someone. What if- she got attached and lost him too. With her hands now held out, wrists up towards him, she laughed some. "Please~ cuff me and take me away, sir. I'm guilty as charged."

Even as a joke it sounded so odd from her mouth. The violet-silver eyes she had would close for a minute. Being herself felt good. She liked this relaxing thing. After she dropped her hands at her sides, she proceeded with a more intensive topic. "My name is Valeria." She figured to keep away from any unwanted tension. Did this man know about her or what she did? If he did, it was possible that the day would take a turn for the worse. For now, she would remain on a first name basis. She disliked lying, and as such she'd just hold away that demonic last name. "I must say, it's nice to see someone else." Native tongue had never stopped its perfection despite being away from Esparia for over a decade. How would things unfoil if she revealed who she was? That she faked her death? Maybe she should get a name change? "Sad to know a man of such appeal is out here, all alone." Naturally she'd tease him a bit more.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:58 am

"Ah. You caught me!" She threw up her arms in mock surrender after Vito's question, almost as if she was a criminal who had been hiding from their own dirty crime. He couldn't help but place his fingers at his lips and laugh quietly at that. Despite the act, he could certainly see that in her eyes, there was more than just sadness--if she was just sad, there would be a simple air of unhappiness; however this one had a look in her eyes that seemed to be trying to find an answer, rather than a smile. "Please~ cuff me and take me away, sir. I'm guilty as charged." Aha, a laugh. Grinning slightly, the man stepped forwards and put a hand around her thin wrist; one of the two that had been held out before him. It took him a second to realize exactly what he'd done--letting go and stepping back, looking to the side with a slight blush. He'd gotten lost in the moment. That was stupid of him--a single whispered word was spoken. "Morionem..." Sighing and chuckling, he finally managed to get the color back to his cheeks, looking at the girl with a kind smile. This one wasn't as forced, it had taken that somewhat embarrassing moment for him to finally loosen up a little.

"My name is Valeria." He blinked. That was an... unusual first name for someone to have, that was for sure. Valeria, he would be sure to commit that to memory. "Vito. It's a pleasure." He'd bow slightly and curtly. "I must say, it's nice to see someone else." He chuckled. It was a lonely place at this time; everyone was in their houses, either cooling off or just passing the time. Either that, or they were in their workplaces. For some reason, this part of Malos Ciudad was extremely quiet during the day. It really was just the two of them, alone in the street with nothing around them to take away the focus that they had on each other. It was such a strangehood, but Vito appreciated it nevertheless. To meet someone so unusually interesting in such a place, he certainly understood that there was something to this that he didn't quite understand, as of yet. "Sad to know a man of such appeal is out here, all alone." And so she started teasing him. Vito regretted that he hadn't said something to her earlier, so he would instead chuckle. "I could say the same for you, Miss Valeria. In fact, one would wonder why you're not around with any form of company." A dry chuckle escaped from his throat--he wondered if her reasons for unhappiness were anywhere near his own. A distinct feeling of loneliness and detachment from the world filled Vito's heart at this time, something he hadn't ever felt since the death of his father. Even if that man was a bastard, he was still related by blood... Such a bother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Warm flesh touched her own. A smile on the man's face was less fake than before, a gentle chuckle. It seemed he was taking her up on the offer and for a second heat filled her. Warmth that flowed through her whole being, sparking like electricity at her wrist, all the way up to her head. As the moment continued, she could feel her ears and cheeks burn just slight, but soon faded away. His hand released and he looked almost awkwardly away for a moment. Silent word over his breath soon vanished and he spoke something more understandable. "Vito. It's a pleasure." Vito, huh? It had a classy kind of ring to it. His bow and very presence.. she felt her heart flutter. That was odd, but she'd go with it.

"I could say the same for you, Miss Valeria. In fact, one would wonder why you're not around with any form of company." She'd laugh a bit more. Her eyes lighting up some. Then she pushed her hands through her hand through stray bangs. Oh how was she to respond to such a charming statement? "Well, when one is away from home for a long time, it seems she is forgotten." A moment of temporary sadness flowed over her eyes. All her friends from Esparia were dead, all of her family and so, she was alone. The soft color of her eyes opened once more. She had this man here and a few people who cared for her in Drachma.. maybe. That didn't apply in Esparia. She didn't exist here. It was a fresh start.

Shaking it away, she laughed a bit and moved slightly closer to him. Words formed after batting her eyelashes a few times. "Well, I have you now, don't I, Senior Vito~?"Of course she was flirting. It was natural to her and hell, he was handsome, so what did she have to lose? She chuckled and closed her eyes. Well, what would they do now? She wasn't sure, but she had to make sure he'd stay around first.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:26 am

He was enjoying himself, that was for sure. It was a rarity in this world for someone to intrigue Vito as this woman had, but he felt like it was a good thing at the same time. A soft and kindly smile spread across his lips as he watched through his deep brown eyes, each of her reactions and movements within this small sphere that seemed to encompass just the pair of them. "Well, when one is away from home for a long time, it seems she is forgotten." That was an understatement of grevious levels. Sighing quietly, Vito turned to the side and thought that over. What was his home, really? Was it Esparia, where he was born? Or Rouen, where he fought? Or was it Amestris, where he became who he was? Sighing and chuckling, Vito's gaze turned back to Valeria's, just in time to see the sadness in her eyes fade back into a more open color. So, she was really searching for herself, just as he had thought. That gave cause to a quiet feeling in the back of his mind, his heart fluttering as it went. And then, she moved closer. Vito could feel a small amount of heat from her body, though certainly not enough to give cause to anything. Upon further inspection (not that he needed to up so close) he found that she really was rather pretty. There was a wistful appearance to her face, if nothing else.

"Well, I have you now, don't I, Senior Vito~?" He blinked a couple of times in confusion. So, she was flirting with him already? He chuckled quietly and looked down slightly. Was that a good idea? Honor those memories, or finally let oneself go? His eyes closed for a mere half-second, before opening up with a smile hidden behind the dark gaze. "That, you do. Misery loves company, they say; even better when..." His eyes met hers directly, staring right into those orbs, "They can help make the other's day just that little bit better." His lips turned up in a roguish grin, and Vito flashed his teeth at the woman. He laughed softly and turned away, taking a few steps away from her. "You say you've been away for quite some time, is this true?" He turned back to her with one hand in a pocket, the other extended for her to take. The sun came from behind a building at that point, lighting up Vito from behind. From Valeria's perspective, the sun would be right next to his face--the rays illuminating his smile and turning most of his body to a silhouette, "Then why don't we just take a walk? It would be my pleasure to accompany you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:26 am

"That, you do. Misery loves company, they say; even better when... They can help make the other's day just that little bit better." The eyes of that man were penetrating her own deeply. A flash of rouge on her face as she stared into those brown eyes. He was different, but she couldn't tell how. Was he really enjoying her company? How did anyone enjoy the company of a demon? She couldn't help but feel a bit taken to the man. It was as if he had some sort of charm to him. Sweet red faded for the moment as she gathered herself. There had never been a time where Valeria didn't know what she was doing. This wouldn't be one of those cases already, or so she hoped. He certainly was something else. Even if it were casual conversation, it was as if he easily slid past defenses. How she hoped this wouldn't end badly.

A smile. A bright, warm smile on his face. That seemed like something more akin to a rightful look. The pain in her chest seemed to ease while she preoccupied herself with this man and his very presence. "You say you've been away for quite some time, is this true?" She went to smile, but as he turned back to her, his hand was extended. Light colored his face, illuminating his every feature and for a second she was simply breathless. A moment that Valeria had never expected of herself. She found herself lost in the moment, dumb-founded if only for a few short moments, before she smiled and reached out.

"Then why don't we just take a walk? It would be my pleasure to accompany you." Valeria could feel her cheeks burn again, though she tried to suppress the racing blood. Oh, that heated sensualism that filled her, made her look at him with such soft eyes. Her delicate fingers, though gloved, rested on his hand. An odd spark rolling over her once again. Some days she cursed being human. A kind smile on her face while she swallowed back the red and felt giddy from the man's words. He had manners enough, that was always golden to Valeria. Too many times she went to interact with someone and they simply acted a slob. She couldn't deal with that anymore.

Letting him do as he wanted with her hands, she let her purple eyes rest upon him. "To answer your question, yes. I'm not lying that I haven't been here a while. Then again, home is where the heart it is. On the OTHER hand, I don't know if I even HAVE a heart, so I guess I'll just say, I was born and raised here." She laughed softly at her own cruel words. Oh how she knew a lot of people would agree that she didn't have a heart. Maybe she didn't, but she damn-well wished she did. Her eyes closed with a complete smile at him, her heart for once not stalling it. "How gracious of you. I could use the company. And a walk sounds simply exquisite right now. Though be careful I don't jump you. You are quite the looker. I might want to keep you around." She laughed at her own teasing. Not that it was a mean joke towards him, but more one towards herself. She found herself looking at him softly.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Soft, delicate, gloved fingers slipped into his own; Vito lowering his own hand and letting it sit at his side with her own wrapped within--their fingers were intertwined, as if Vito were making sure that she wouldn't run away. He would let her go if she wished, but he hadn't had the warmth of someone's hand in his own for a long time. Closing his eyes and letting a soft smile cross his lips, the man chuckled--his thoughts went back into the past for not even a second, before returning to the present and this woman right here, right now. Those eyes laid rest upon him, and Vito heard her speak once more. "To answer your question, yes. I'm not lying that I haven't been here a while. Then again, home is where the heart it is." He blinked and nodded, having heard that statement a lot of times over the past years of his life. He turned so that she was at his side, starting to slowly walk with her through the streets; people outside of their houses were finally going back in--one or two of them noticed both Vito and Valeria, not sure whom of which they wanted to hiss at first. Vito was infamous as well, you see. While the Inquisitors and Bloodhounds were the forces that created the wall between El Presidente and the common people, Vito was different. He was a shadow with a face; someone that could appear out of nowhere and kill. It was as easy as that, no need for any other ideals. Of course, Vito was looking to be out of work soon.

"On the OTHER hand, I don't know if I even HAVE a heart, so I guess I'll just say, I was born and raised here." "..." His footsteps ceased, and he slowly turned his eyes upon her. Don't have a heart, huh? I've been told that far too many times for my own good. Right now, she'd be wondering exactly what he was doing. After that statement, Vito had started to get a nice picture of this girl--she had less confidence in her own humanity than he thought, though probably not as little as he. "I..." He swallowed back bile, closing his eyes, "...have often been referred to by many names. 'Monster', 'Heathen'... 'Beast', 'Heartless'..." He laughed dryly as he started to continue walking. "However, I have always confided in the fact that humanity, no matter what it does, or the acts that define them... will always be entrusted with one thing, and that is a heart. Even if they perform acts of evil, they will always have a person to confide to, a person they love." His smile was solemn, speaking from experience and understanding.

"How gracious of you. I could use the company. And a walk sounds simply exquisite right now. Though be careful I don't jump you. You are quite the looker. I might want to keep you around." When she laughed, he brightened once more and continued to walk with her at his side. "Be careful that I don't reciprocate. I have been known to be quite forceful, and I am much stronger than I look." He looked away and grinned. "My stamina is much higher than that of a normal human, too. I can go... for hours." He gave a teasing laugh, looking back at her with those roguish eyes. This woman intrigued and amused him. She was rather sexy, and she seemed to be attracted to him as well. What a day this turned out to be--time to see how it plays out, eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:24 am

"...have often been referred to by many names. 'Monster', 'Heathen'... 'Beast', 'Heartless'...However,
I have always confided in the fact that humanity, no matter what it
does, or the acts that define them... will always be entrusted with one
thing, and that is a heart. Even if they perform acts of evil, they will
always have a person to confide to, a person they love."
Did that mean that loving was humanity? If so.. had she ever loved anything? A person? She didn't know anymore. It was all just a mass of uncertainty in her brain. Sighing softly at his words, she had to contemplate them. He had been in a tough world. It was rather obvious by how he spoke, the swollen sound in his throat as if fighting back emotions. What demons dwelled within the mind of this man? Her violet eyes observed with intrigue worry and confusion, but it all led to a question she wouldn't have the answer for. The moment passed and along came a new time and words that were far more light.

"Be careful that I don't reciprocate. I have been known to be quite forceful, and I am much stronger than I look. My stamina is much higher than that of a normal human, too. I can go... for hours." The expression on his face.. what was- that? It made her face burn again and her ears even brighter. Was she just being perverted, now? Was that plugged in intentionally? Gah, damn innuendos. Making her blush like a foolish woman who'd never spoken about sex before. He was smiling about it! That only made matters worse... or maybe better, depending on the point of view. She couldn't resist smirking at the man. Was it flirting? Random statement? Eh, no matter. She would take it as if a playful challenge.

"Hours, hmm? Maybe I'll test that out, Senior Vito." Without actually winking, her eyes implied it. The twinkle sat there, with her hands still locked with him. Her steps almost in line with his, allowed her to keep up with him. The teasing laughter, it helped ease the pain away. A devilish and coy smile sat on her eyes, while she kept her pace with him. She'd never expected to speak to another Esparian, let alone hold hands and yet, there she was. Fraternizing with the enemy? Or ally? She didn't even know anymore.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:07 pm

If there was one thing in this world, out of every possible thing that there could be, that amused Vito Camillo Reyes greatly, it was the thought that he could be amusing somebody else; or better yet, teasing the hell out of them with his words. There were few things that Vito was able to enjoy in life, so this was something that he relished--being able to affect the mind of another. He liked affecting it in a good way more than anything else, and this seemed good to him. The skin on her face was a soft red shade, it was obvious that she was blushing for good reason. He was being rather perverted with his words--a little bit of selfishness on his part, if only to make things a bit more interesting. Admittedly, she was attractive, though for all he knew, she could've burned something down or something like that. I mean, as unlikely as it was, anyone could be a serial killer!

"Hours, hmm? Maybe I'll test that out, Senior Vito." She was bringing the banter back and forth, and Vito liked that. A sly smirk crossed over his lips, but it was quickly replaced with kindness and a slightly teasing expression. "I do not know what you're talking about, Miss Valeria. I am quite fit, but there is nothing you can 'test out'." Obviously teasing her, the man turned his expression back to the distance and led her along through the streets of Malos Ciudad, pulling her along at a pace that was similar to his own, but a bit slower to adjust for the situation they found themselves in. A leisurely stroll through the city; a cute girl at his side, and an entire day to do nothing for. Vito loved this, it was a feeling that he hadn't had the chance to ever feel; he'd never had the chance to be so relaxed with someone, just casually walking and speaking. Not since that day in Havana, however long ago it was. Closing his eyes briefly, Vito's other hand slipped into his pocket. "I believe that we are at our first destination on this little tour," the squawking of seagulls overhead gave a lot of obvious clues as to their position, "Welcome to the Docks of Malos. A shithole, but a nice place nevertheless." He laughed casually, as if this were completely routine to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:15 pm

How cruel! The man was teasing her. The purple eyes of Valeria seemed to dance between amusement and pouting. She liked the idea of 'testing' him. She felt like such a pervert, but it wasn't like she wasn't. She gave him a look that was between coy and daring. Wasn't he quite the charming man? Even in the grasp of depression, like they were, he managed a flirting technique they may well have challenged her own. After all, she was rather good with charms and the like. This, was different though. He was pulling cards on her, when normally it was the other way around. Something, Valeria wasn't used to. She was always on top when it came down to it. She had control and yet, she could feel it slipping as he casually slid his hand into his pocket.

The first time they stopped, it was by the docks. Time had done wonders on it and by wonders, she meant horrors. It was still beautiful and yet hideous at the same time. It needed a bit of cleaning up and as she stared she wondered. How long had it been? When HAD she gone to these docks last? It had been Lucia.. she believed. A failed attempt to cheer her up, to get her to talk after he knew what was happening. They were trying to have fun and yet. She could still see the very spot she just sat and watched silently. Some things.. never changed.

"I believe that we are at our first destination on this little tour. Welcome to the Docks of Malos. A shithole, but a nice place nevertheless." Was he right there. Haha. Her lips pulled into a sad smile. This country had so many memories. But maybe... maybe she could make new ones? Would this man be the start of a new play or a new tragedy? Her purple eyes snuck a glimpse towards her face. A calmed heart seemed to race if only for a minute. She was getting ahead of herself. After all, there were chances they'd never meet again outside the night. Stolen gazes were then upon the water and flapping guls as they did their usual flying rat things. "Looks so beautiful with the littered trash and the dead fish." Sarcasm, was always fun.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:25 pm

He had to wonder what was going on inside her head right now. For some reason, he expected her to be the sort of person who would always be on top of a situation--whether it was mental or physical. Hell, she probably preferred it as a cowgirl. Chuckling quietly at that notion, Vito slid his fingers out of Valeria's, looking at her from the corner of his eye as they finally stood still at the docks. There was a strange and wispy look on her face--did this place hold bad memories for her? It held bad memories for a lot of people--Vito included--this was where his father's boat had been, to take him back to Rouen after the death of his mother. What was it, 16 years ago? Closing his eyes briefly, Vito moved his hand back towards Valeria's, proffering his fingers to be held onto again as he smiled softly. "Looks so beautiful with the littered trash and the dead fish." Hah, sarcasm. So there was still a fire to this girl after all. Looking into the distance, Vito noted the prices on the board for the charter boats. They could take one to that small cove that he remembered from days gone by. He wouldn't take her to Rouen--that was a bit far, and he heard that it was RIOTE territory now--but he would certainly take her to that cove.

Casa de los Amantes; House of the Lovers. A popular cove for couples to go and relax, but also just a nice place in general. People rarely used it these days--most people didn't actually know how to get there. Vito only knew thanks to a few old stories and some spare time, having expected to be able to take Miss Francesca there at some point. However, this would do just fine. Closing his eyes and swallowing slightly, he looked at her again with a chuckle. "Come, now. If you're done with looking at the trash and fish, I have somewhere better than this shithole that we could go to. If you'll accompany me..." He started to lead her off, towards the stall of boats. He fished some money out of his pocket and paid for two days' rental--just in case of emergency; say they were kept in by a storm, or something. It was habit for Vito to pay for an extra day of any rental or charter. Call it paranoia, or call it whatever you wanted: Vito called it a necessary evil. Leading Valeria to the boat, he waved a hand for her to climb aboard first. "Ladies first, Miss Valeria." Once she was on board, he climbed into the small craft himself.

The boat wasn't of the greatest make. Probably about fifteen years old, this small craft had flaking white paint along the sides, with enough room to fit about five people and a driver. Placing his hand onto the outboard, Vito smiled softly and pushed down, setting the boat off through the water. He knew that, despite the age, these boats would hold. They always did. The bright sunlight spread down into the water itself, creating sparking rays of diamonds that reflected into the sky, a truly beautiful sight. The waters, as they pulled away from the docks, grew clearer and clearer, until one could easily see the sea floor and all of the fish within. Many colorful fish would be seen through the clear glass of the still ocean, it was as if they were gliding atop an aquarium. All Vito could hear was the sound of the outboard behind him as he navigated in a direction that he knew all-too-well. Another island came up to him--this wasn't one of Esparia's major islands. About five kilometres in diameter and with no long-term residence upon it, this uninhabited island had one or two small, somewhat-kept cabins for people to stay overnight if they wished. Pulling into the island itself, Vito noted the shape of the place. It was a crescent moon-shaped island, fringed with beach on only one end, and harsh edges around the rest. The beach was within the inner curve of the crescent moon. Edged with rolling dunes and leading up a small hill into the more grassed parts of the island, this beach had a single jetty to dock small craft up to. It was this jetty that Vito slowly motored the boat into, having not spoken much during the trip.

"We are here." The sun beat down upon the pair as Vito slid the boat up to the side of the wooden jetty, throwing out the rope onto the wooden platform. "Would you please tie this rope onto the post? I'll keep it steady with my weight." He nodded at her, waiting for whatever happened to happen. While she did so, he looked out over the beach. "This island is known as Creciente. It's a popular getaway for people who just want to sit on a beach for a while. Right now, I'd gather that it's probably deserted--which is good, as I don't like big crowds very much." He laughed softly, shaking his head and finally stepping out of the boat to look at whatever handiwork Valeria had done. Whatever had been done, Vito would make sure was finished--whether by finishing it himself, or properly tightening it up. He then started to walk forwards, turning towards Valeria and beckoning for her to follow. "Come, we have the day and the island to ourselves. I admit that it isn't the tour of Malos that I promised, but who really cares about that place?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:31 am

His hand slid free from hers. The cold feeling crept over her and almost made her feel crazy from the lack of contact, only a second though. It wasn't like he HAD to hold her hand, but while he did, she felt so.. comforted. A wave of warmth rolling over her body. Her sarcastic comment seemed to roll a response of a soft laughter. A moment of contemplation in the air. She wasn't the only one with bad memories? Or was he enjoying the crappy area that much? She couldn't decide, the man was a mystery still. Vito... Her eyes focused on him, observing his facial responses, before another glance upon the crappy port around them. It really was kind of saddening. It had the potential to look so amazing, but lack of care had made it.. disgusting to say the least.

Electricity flew through her and her heart was stopped from the shock. A time passed in short blinks and a sort of staggered breath while his fingers grabbed at hers once more. A smooth motion that wrapped his digits with hers. She couldn't breathe.. as her cheeks heated a bit. What was wrong with her? Taking a slow and steady inhaled, control was regained. How odd that her body would take its own path as such. To think this man she barely knew could exhibit a reaction as such from a woman who was used to the company of others. She had met so many men, so many women and the names were piled at her bedside, but this was- different. This man had something more to him.. an appeal. She didn't really long to pull strings, to mentally fuck with him(Though mentally fucking him was a separate story). Her own thoughts made her eyes close in irritation. God, she was such a pervert. It was okay though, because what separated her from most was she didn't act on thoughts like that. .. Man did she feel kind of like a school girl though.

"Come, now. If you're done with looking at the trash and fish, I have somewhere better than this shithole that we could go to. If you'll accompany me..."
The man's eyes caught her own. A brief laugh falling from his lips before his hand guided her own. She was being led. A lost puppy had someone leading her along. Strange, normally she was the one leading others around. Here she was, toddling this man. She couldn't complain, though. She had nowhere better to be and there was nowhere better than exploring territories with an attractive man. Each word he spoke made her swoon a bit more on the inside. Like a wind blowing the flames of her soul to a higher heat. A warmth in her that simply set the rest of her on the burner to stir.

He paid the boatman and then she was led to a boat. How long had it been? Had she ever BEEN on a boat before? She honestly couldn't recall. "Ladies first, Miss Valeria." As he spoke, she looked a bit unnerved at the vessel. It took a shaky movement. Her legs were like jell-o while she attempted to climb aboard. A second and she had nearly slid out of the boat. Or at least so she thought. She simply lost balance and stumbled a bit. Almost embarrassed, she turned her head to see if he had caught that, but luckily enough he seemed preoccupied with something else. He had climbed aboard shortly after her and took his spot to steer. She watched silently, the waves going over and lapping at the boat. The bright sun above, the willowy clouds. Esparia was far more beautiful than she could have hoped to remember.

At last, he pulled the boat up to the island and then he turned to her. At that second, she realized she had been daydreaming and snapped her attention towards him. "We are here. Would you please tie this rope onto the post? I'll keep it steady with my weight." There was a rope thrown and she looked at him oddly for a second. "This island is known as Creciente. It's a popular getaway for people who just want to sit on a beach for a while. Right now, I'd gather that it's probably deserted--which is good, as I don't like big crowds very much." Yes, Valeria the boat genius- NOT. Her eyes fell and she attempted her hand at looping the rope on one of the poles and fastening it well, but she was pretty sure she probably did it wrong. It didn't matter as they got off, he double-checked the work and fixed the flaws. His speech about the island was interesting. She disliked crowds as well ,odd as that was.

After the boat was secured, he motioned his hand. A call for her to follow. Did she dare explore with this stranger? The answer was an obvious yes. "Come, we have the day and the island to ourselves. I admit that it isn't the tour of Malos that I promised, but who really cares about that place?" His words made her smile. A good point. As if her legs had minds of their own, she followed him. "I'm sure someone does, but I assure you, it is not I." Her words flowed out evenly. Not a second of hesitation, while she sprinted a bit to catch up to him. Scenery filled her eyes in the most wonderful of ways. "So, Senior Vito, you come here often?" Yes, the lame and very common 'small-talk' was needed. Her lips were curved in a grin, the playfulness hinting in her eyes. How would he react to it, she wondered. The fact he was so unpredictable to her.. it was entrancing, captivating almost.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:52 pm

Letting his gaze fall over the realm of this island, Vito Camillo Reyes felt his heart soar and soothe in the back of his mind. There were very few places in this world that he could call this simple and idyllic; this was definitely one of those places. This small island that he had chanced upon all those years ago, it was a place that was untouched by human hands, save for a couple of cabins for those willing to stay longer than a day. Closing his eyes briefly, Vito took a singular step forwards, past the woman that he had brought along here with him. His eyes softened as his mind went back in time to the days in which he'd made his own promises. To be all the good in the world. To destroy all evil in the world. Why had he made that promise? Why did he fight, could he remember? Turning to look at Valeria for not even a half of a second, Vito realized that she looked far happier than she did when they'd first met. There seemed to be no pain or suffering in those eyes, though he knew it would still remain. Rotating his body to face that of the outside world once more, he remembered. He fights to save the world, and to see everyone happy, just like Valeria.

That's why he had to be a demon. A demon was the only thing that could fight other demons and hope to win. If this world wouldn't include him, then he would accept that. He was simply a tool, cutting down those he regarded 'evil' in order to give the world a better future. Sure, it may have been a naive prospect, but it was his own prospect nevertheless. Closing his eyes, Vito chuckled to himself with a morbid tone. A Demon, eh? He didn't mind that title. "So, Senior Vito, you come here often?" He opened one eye and slowly turned his head to face her, letting her come into his vision. "Often, no. This place is relatively untouched by human hands. I chanced upon this place three years ago, and I have rarely been back since--if only to check on where it is, for if I need it. It is usually deserted, and today is no exception." He chuckled softly, taking her hand once more and calmly leading her along and down to the beach. "Usually, if people see a boat, they leave. I guess... it's because this place has a secondary name, that people like to use. Such a lonesome place is good for people to come and sit... though people do other things as well." He laughed softly, far from ashamed of what he had to say. Instead, he simply smiled as the pair stood there, looking out over the crystalline sea...

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:09 am

"Often, no. This place is relatively untouched by human hands. I chanced upon this place three years ago, and I have rarely been back since--if only to check on where it is, for if I need it. It is usually deserted, and today is no exception. Usually, if people see a boat, they leave. I guess... it's because this place has a secondary name, that people like to use. Such a lonesome place is good for people to come and sit... though people do other things as well." Oh. Well then. She couldn't help but blush a little. This was practically a honeymoon island and this man had decided to take her there. Well, as flattering the thought, it really was just a tour, right? He was showing her around and this was one of the spots. It was beautiful and her company was quite stunning as well. SO far? Good day. She could enjoy days like that day. A smile on her face, warm and somewhat salty air on her face. Gulls were squawking above and waves crashing below. The sun peaked above shyly behind only the thinnest of clouds. Truly, it was a beautiful day.

Her hand was with the mans, locked once again and her heart raced. Normally that whole step was skipped. Holding hands- when was the last time she had? Time washed away the intimacy and something as simple as that seemed so much more personal. Her feet tread close by his. Soft sounds made by the laden earth beneath her and skittering animals of few that rummaged and fluttered above. It was a paradise almost. Peaceful, quiet, serene. All words she never expected in her day to day life. The sweet smile she felt stemmed from a warmth in her stomach she may have on any other day called nausea. This was a good feeling though. It wormed its way to her chest and worked out into a shaky sigh. For once not of a distraught flavor, but a sweet pleasantness was from her mouth. That was a sound she'd never really heard before and in fact, it almost startled her.

Suddenly things began to fade a bit. Her body shifting and swaying if only a little. Ah... Right, fatigue. She was still dead-exhausted. Her knees ached, joints felt swollen and in fact she felt a mess. It had taken a while before she realized her lack of energy. In fact for a moment, she nearly collapsed, but her balance was caught and she straightened up. No point in looking like a fool. Her experience was brushed off and she cleared her throat. "So. It's really gorgeous here." How odd. Normal sarcasm was replaced with a sincere and kind word. She felt lost, watching the waves roll and the way the sun glistened on them. It was simply... priceless.. breath taking. Yet, she felt as if she needed to say something, anything to let him know, she really, truly did like it. Of course, that didn't stop the daring smirk at him, but that was it. Just a devious grin was enough.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:14 am

He had to wonder exactly what was occurring in that pretty little head of her's. She was probably starting to realize that this was, above all else, a 'honeymoon' island, at least in appearances. Of course, Vito knew this fact all too well--he had accounted for such thoughts as well. He was taking her on a tour of the place; this was honestly a lovely place to see, no matter what relationship had occurred between the two people involved in the location. It was a place to take your family, a place to take your friends, a place to just go and be there. It was definitely something that Vito had always appreciated--it was a place of lovers, yet it was also a place of friendships. He had seen many friends simply strolling over the beach. He certainly didn't deny the privacy that the island gave, no, but it was something that rarely crossed his mind when he actually thought about it. Maybe Vito was still just that little bit too attached to Francesca's memory to really do anything about it yet.

He heard a soft sigh from his company and turned his head a little, noticing something coming from beneath the light. The rays dropped down onto her face, bridging an interesting mix of shadows and light that caused a soft smile to cross over his lips. It was truly stunning to see such a preciously beautiful woman with a background like this--Vito almost felt like he didn't deserve such an honor--but he would accept it nevertheless, locking his fingers carefully within hers as he lead her along the jetty and down to the beach; he felt the sands shifting beneath his feet as he walked, and closed his eyes contentedly. However, whether or not it would last much longer was a thought that suddenly brushed Vito's mind, his keen eyes noticing something amiss from one corner--Valeria had suddenly shifted a little bit. It would've been unnoticeable to most, but the way it was... fatigue, most likely. It appeared to be lucky that he'd chosen to hire the boat for a little longer. Smiling secretly, he listened to the sky, the earth and the waters, waiting for something to occur.

"So. It's really gorgeous here." He nodded, but didn't speak on it further, since he felt no need to speak. Instead, he simply lead her along and across the beach, closing his eyes briefly to take in the beautiful light of the sun all over his face. It was a beautiful place, and here he was, locking fingers with a rather beautiful woman as well. He couldn't feel more at peace right now; it was something that he had been looking for, for a long time coming.... Almost silently, Vito would suddenly whisper words in a language that only he could speak.

"My thanks, Miss Valeria."

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:43 pm

"Mea gratias, Miss Valeria." That wasn't Esparian befalling his silent lips. The intrigue was piqued and a woman found herself staring gently, interested and soft at a man. This was so different than what she was used to. Normally men were simply all over her, trying to get something from a woman who had nothing really to give. Instead, she was having just a .. moment. There were so few of them and it took her by surprise, almost. The one thing about Valeria was she was nearly never surprised. Everything was predictable and everything had an outcome she expected. Or at least, that's how she HAD been. Now, she was a bit confused on what she was doing or even why she had done the deeds she had done in the past.

"What language is that?" She managed between heavy breaths. It was somewhat unintentional as her body leaned onto his. She was just tired. "Sorry, need to catch my breath." It was only half a lie. She was tired and the movements became tedious. Instead of being out of shape, it was just lack of sleep, but pausing would not help any. Slowly, she was drifting asleep. A warm body against hers, even if she was tired. Aa damn it all. She came to Esparia to enjoy herself and here she was, barely able to keep her eyes open. Instead, she was drifting in between a state of conscious and sleep. Her legs buckled a bit and if it weren't for the fact she was falling for a whole half a second, she may have very well just fell asleep.

Her body struggled back into a standing position. A sigh from her mouth showed she was displeased about what was to be asked. "Okay. Maybe I need more than a breather. There are cabins here, right?" She kind of despised the thought of sleeping on the ground. The idea just grossed her out. Bugs could crawl all over her and the snakes and lizards and EWWWW.. she shivered. There were times where a person had to suck it up, but if she didn't have to, she'd take the bed.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Csilla Angelis Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:52 pm

{BUMP}
Csilla Angelis
Csilla Angelis