Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
The Sound of Her Voice EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
The Sound of Her Voice EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
The Sound of Her Voice EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
The Sound of Her Voice EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
The Sound of Her Voice EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
The Sound of Her Voice EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
The Sound of Her Voice EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
The Sound of Her Voice EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
The Sound of Her Voice EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
The Sound of Her Voice EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

The Sound of Her Voice

2 posters

Go down

The Sound of Her Voice Empty The Sound of Her Voice

Post by Kaede Soshi Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:36 am

"DID I FUCKING STUTTER?! GET THIS OFFICER TO A HOSPITAL NOW!" A voice....He could hear a voice...Who was it? It sounded so far away. Kaede drifted in that place between dreams and reality, where he could almost make out what was happening outside his body, he could almost feel them move him, almost feel that pain that had consumed him but a short while before. The only thing he could make out was a voice, did he know it? AS he grasped at it he could already feel it slip away, his spirit descended into Meido the realm of waiting, where he would be judged and judged harshly. But that voice it held him there suspended between life and death, it sounded concerned, frightened... Angry? Who was it? It was like grasping at straws....The more he tried, the quicker it seemed to slip away...As these thought passed threw his mind he could sense the almost feelings leave his body...Was he dead? Was this death? An eternal blackness? Would he exist for ever more as a disembodied consciousnesses drifting threw the blackness of his own mind? But even as everything else turned to black, and all other feeling left him he could still hear, if faintly, that sound...That voice...

Why couldn't he remember? It...No she!! She sounded so concerned, why couldn't he remember her she was? Everything important was slipping away and for some reason he knew that she...who ever she was, was...is important to him. Yet no face came to mind...no memory's. Something was wrong with this and Kaede knew it, yet as he floated there in the inky blackness that had been his home for ohh so long(How long had it been) he couldn't find the will to fight free, to explore this sensation that had kept him from falling deeper into the abyss.

"He was first officer on the scene, and he will give you all the details. Don't you dare try to tell me this breaks protocol. Am I understood?" There it was again...Closer now, so close he could almost feel the touch of her breath...He had to know, had to see so slowly he fought against the rising tide of blackness and swam for the surface, and ever so slowly he approached it, and he could finally see the light, a faint shimmer far above him.

The first thing to return was the pain, and with it the struggle upwards seemed to get easier. Next came sounds, a sensation he hadn't felt in what seemed years, he could hear a siren, the sound of bells as his head moved ever so slightly, next came other sensations some one was holding his hand....His hand? Kaedes hand seemed to spasm as it closed on the one holding his, and a faint smile came to his lips as his eyes fluttered open and he saw the face that the voice belonged to, and his smile grew a little wider. He knew her...And like that a name came to his lips."Kasmui..." Kasumi... It had been her voice.....The sound of her voice had guided him from that abyss..."Its good to see you." With that it all slipped away and he feel back down deeper then before but as his thoughts began to vanish he knew he would be all right....The sound of her voice would always guide him back.
Kaede Soshi
Kaede Soshi
THE WARRIOR OF LOVE!!!!!

-Case File-
Level: 1
Writer: Bronze

Back to top Go down

The Sound of Her Voice Empty Re: The Sound of Her Voice

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:10 am

Why was this ambulence going so slow?! Why weren't they getting to the hospital faster?! Her thumb began to stroke the flesh of his hand ever so slightly as she stared into his slightly battered face with the mask over his nose and mouth. The machines were beeping steadily as she sat there beside him in the rocking of the vehicle. The paramedics were already running a couple of tests amidst ensuring that his condition was relatively stable. They didn't even try to speak to the woman sitting there so quietly and so still in their van. They didn't try to move her either for they could see that there would have been no point in it. She wouldn't listen to them. There was a bond between those two that they would not, and could not come between.

And in all honesty, Kasumi was grateful for their silence. She didn't want to have to explain or argue with her decisions that could certainly put her career at risk. Would her father have done the same? Is that what had cost him his life in Drachma? She knew her mother would grimace, but say nothing to her daughter about her actions. She had taken care of their mission even though she had also put it at risk. As far as she was concerned, it was either her partner lived or.... or what? Or life wasn't worth it? That was a little extreme even for her. Kaede would... A stone formed in her throat as her blue eyes glanced over those features that she knew so well, that she had been teasing earlier that same day. His bells jingled softly every time they went over a bump, and with each new ring, she swore that the lump in her throat grew. He had to live. There was no alternative. She would not accept any alternative. She was going to keep her partner and fuck off to anyone who would tell her otherwise.

A tear rolled down her cheek as her mind cruelly made her imagine for just one second what life would be like without him around her to make her laugh and blush and.... smile. He meant more to her than anything, and there was no way she could deny it now. She couldn't just play it off as playful banter in her mind. That excuse... would just ring hollow. If she lost him.... she would break. That was the bottom line. Her head raised as they turned a corner to have the hospital loom up on the horizon. Just a few more moments.... just a few more moments and then-- His hand moved. Her entire being tensed up and focused solely upon Kaede as she felt his fingers tighten about her own so suddenly. His eyes were opening... he was awake! Another tear rolled down her cheek but she could not acknowledge its existence as his lips parted to whisper, "Kasmui..." A smile quickly began to spread across her delicate features, her sapphire eyes seeming to glitter with relief to hear his voice again. "Right here Kaede." She murmured softly as her gaze locked upon his. "Its good to see you." His eyes were closing. No, no, no his eyes shouldn't close!

The beeping of the machine was growing louder and louder as they finally pulled up to the hospital except she didn't hear it. All she heard was how that beeping was changing like a giant drum pounding away throughout her being. They were moving. Their hands parted and it snapped her back to the present moment, a cry of surprise and want escaping her as she leaped out after where he was going. More staff came swarming out of the front doors, their hands latching onto the gurney as they quickly rolled him inside. As they went further in, two bodies suddenly stood before her to block her way as Kaede kept getting wheeled towards Intensive Care. Her brows furrowed as she stared up at the two nurses, her hands beginning to clench into fists. "What is--No you let me through." They wouldn't budge. "We can't let you in there. I promise ma'am they will take care-" "THATS MY FUCKING PARTNER YOU ARE WHEELING IN THERE!! YOU WILL LET ME-" The one stepped forward a bit and held up his hand, staring at an even level at her as her agitation grew. She would not be denied this. "Look, we can ask you nicely not to go in, or this could get bad. You are supposed to be an officer of the law, act like it. Ma'am." He added as if to give her more respect after such an insolent comment.

Her blue eyes widened at the suddenness of his words, one of them twitching as her face started to twist into a snarl. "Why, you-" "OFFICER SASAKI." A voice called from behind her, forcing her to whip around. She wanted to snap, to shout at him and beat up these men so she could go to Kaede's side. But if she did that? She certainly wouldn't have a job anymore. So she saluted as the man walked up to her, "You have broken protocol. I realize that your partner was injured, but that does not excuse you to bend the law to your will just because of it. Neither witness will talk. One died, and the other is in shock because of your stunt. I hope you are happy about this. I expect to see you in my office once you know that your partner is going to be fine." He stared down at her with his hands clasped behind his back, the only shift in his expression being a narrowing of his eyes. His voice didn't even raise in volume as he chastised her, embarrassed her in front of those nurses. But was it really his fault?

"Yes sir. I understand." She answered after a moment, her eyes staring straight ahead past her superior officer. The only person she had to blame was herself for he was absolutely right. She had let her anger and... Her lips tightened more at this thought, turning back to the two nurses to bow and follow them to the waiting area. She had liked it. She had enjoyed cutting that man's arm off, his screams of pain and anger. She had liked how his lifeblood had sprayed out against the car and air, staining the pavement with crimson. She had loved the utter terror that had consumed his partner as he knelt there dumbly before her power, how she had controlled them so completely. She had let her darker nature take control, her anger get the better of her. Closing her eyes, she rested her elbows against her knee's, bracing her forehead against the top of her head. Shit.... She had swore to herself that she couldn't let that happen. What would Kaede have said? Her chest tightened in pain at the thought and she had to force it away. God... she hated sitting her like this unable to help him. She might have endangered both of their jobs with her stunt! But what did it matter, if she lost one of the only person that mattered to her in the world? Maybe.... just maybe even mattered the most?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaede Soshi Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Darkness, one wouldn't think you could find it calming, relaxing and soothing, but the darkness that Kaede floated was all those things and more. It wrapped him in a tight warm blanket of memory, of happy thoughts, and every time something darker tried to intrude on his slumber well it was just pushed aside by thoughts, and the sound of a voice he longed to hear one more time. He found him self wondering yet again if he was dead, because if he was Kaede could be content as he floated in a world made of his own dreams and most cherished memory's. Little did he know, that outside his world of dreams things where not so sweet. His life hung on a thread and as he was rushed into surgery his body had already began to fail. But some how, threw shear force of will the warrior of love(!!!) clung on to that cliff that divided the world of the living from the dead. He couldn't and would never understand how close he came to having his dance cut short, and maybe that was for the best. Kaede was immortal after all, nothing could keep him down. He had been stabbed, shot, and finally ran over and he had come out the other side bruised and battered but always alive. If he ever realised how close it had been well...Kaede might not have been the same.

He was wheeled out of surgery three hours after he had been brought in, he had broken ribs aplenty, internal bleeding, and numerous scraps bruises and fractures all along his body. In fact as he was wheeled into the room that would be his for the near future he looked more like a mummy then a man, his body covered in pure white bandages. Slowly his eyes began to open, where was he? What had happened? Who where these people walking around him? Slowly, ever so slowly his mind began to clear and the events of the past few hours came into focus....The car...The crash....Kasumi siting over him, a tear sliding down her cheek. He tried to stand then, but his casts wouldn't allow it and even as he struggled to move pain so intense spots appeared in his eyes shot threw him. Moving it seemed was out of the question.

Finally his trip was over and he was ever so carefully hoisted into a bed. Kaede looked around, his eyes darted around the room scanning for the face he longed to see...Was she safe? He doubted she had been in the ambulance with him...His Kas would never cry she was to strong for that, at least not in front of others...It must have been a dream....A vision...Yet he remembered her voice...Kind words....He began to thrash again, ignoring the searing pain the shot threw him."Sir!! Sir you need to stop!! You might reopen your injuries!!" He shook his head, he didn't care Kas might be hurt...might be dying he couldn't just sit there!! He tried to speak but his voice came out as a croak, he swallowed and tried again pain obvious in every word."Kasumi...My partner is she all right? Is she hurt!?" The nurse smiled and patted Kaedes arm gently "Shes fine...Ill go get her..Just rest youve been threw a lot" Kaede nodded the worry slowly fading and he closed his eyes.

A nurse approached the tired looking woman who sat in the lobby, a small smile on her face."Miss....Your boy friend...Hes fine, you can come see him now but you will have to be quick...He needs his rest"
Kaede Soshi
Kaede Soshi
THE WARRIOR OF LOVE!!!!!

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Seconds passed into minutes.... Minutes passed into hours... And finally three hours later some kind of word had finally reached the young police officer. She sat there in the exact same position they had left her, not noticing how other people had stared at how she hadn't moved. Some thought she had been a statue as she sat there with her forehead braced against her hands. She had never been the praying sort at all, yet she had hoped or prayed or whatever for his safety. For him to come back to her. She didn't want to lose Ran, and she didn't want to lose Kaede. No one else for as long as she could help it. Her fathers death was still too fresh upon her soul. Only those two had stayed by her besides her mother amidst this time and she was pretty sure they hadn't even known about it either. Maybe that was why it mattered doubly as much that they had stuck with her so.

"Miss." Kasumi's head immediately raised and she sat up more, her eyes opening as a tear rolled down her creamy skin. She wiped it away hurriedly as the nurse smiled gently to her, "...Your boy friend...Hes fine, you can come see him now but you will have to be quick...He needs his rest" Kasumi had bolted upright the minute she had said that he was fine, not needing to hear the rest as she ran out the door. She could hear them calling to tell her to stop running in the halls but who cared? Kaede was awake. He was fine! He was alive! She hadn't even thought to correct the nurse that he wasn't her boyfriend. Her long purple hair flowed out behind her as her heels clacked against the linoleum floor until she burst into the doorway of his room. He was propped upright in his bed, bandages covering most of his body which hardly surprised her at all. He had taken a huge beating since he had decided that it was a good idea to get into a fight with a fast moving car! Idiot.

She slid/fell into the chair beside his bed and searched for his good hand, immediately sliding her fingers into his and lacing them together, her sapphire eyes searching his face. "Kaede...? Can you hear me? It's Kasumi, I'm right here." She spoke to him softly as her hand gave his a gentle squeeze. The danger had passed and it was as if all that weight she had been carrying had been lifted and banished. At least... until she thought of their superior chastising her in the hall. She still had to answer for that but at least her partner was fine. That was what mattered most to her right now. "You feel my hand? I'm not letting go."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaede Soshi Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:56 pm

"Kaede...? Can you hear me? It's Kasumi, I'm right here." That voice...Those words, at first it didn't register but when it did Kaede tried to crack a smile and just, just managed it. IT went to show you that mind really did over come matter some days and this just happened to be one of them."Ohh i can hear you.....Im not dead yet." He didn't open his eyes, for all he knew he could be hallucinating, but as he felt his hand being taken and knew that it wasn't just dream, he was in fact...In the hospital unable to move and almost unable to speak, and he had actually tried to fight a speeding car...."If you think im bad...you should see the other guy(Car) its a wreck!" He would have laughed, but for what ever reason he had the sudden urge to cough...So he did...and it wasn't good. "You feel my hand? I'm not letting go." She wasn't letting go? What?Why? he was safe now....Out of the woods so to speak, or so he had gathered from what those around him had said..So why didn't she just stop by say hello....Then leave? That was what she usually did when he managed to get him self hurt, admittedly he had never been injured this bad while on the job before, but he never expected to see this kind of tenderness from her.

"Your going soft on my Kas...I think i like it." He squeezes her hand back a shaky laugh finally finding its way from his throat."Though if i see you crying ill break out of this cast and smack ya! no matter what the doctor has to say about it!" Kaede finally opens his eyes and the first thing he sees is the face of his angel...His angel. HE could think back over the past few months and remember more then one occasion in which she had saved his life, and he hoped he had repaid those debts, but something told him he could never pay her back for those few caring words that had kept him from slipping away.

Suddenly other thoughts had entered his mind, the criminals they had been chasing....Had they some how managed to get away? "Did we get them Kas? Tell me we got them...I could really use some good news right about now..." IT was true...He was drained both emotionally and physically and knowing that his brash action had lead to the arrest of the individuals he had been chasing would do a lot to restore his energy...It was odd, but every time he had a hand in bringing someone to justice, he felt reinvigorated and he needed that right then....TWITCH! Suddenly his nose started to itch and as he tried to reach for it he realized that he could lift his arms at the moment...."Um....Kas...Could you scratch my nose please! I have an itch..and i just cant reach it.." he smiled a little at her and held her hand tighter."And are YOU alright? You look pretty shaken up.."
Kaede Soshi
Kaede Soshi
THE WARRIOR OF LOVE!!!!!

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:30 pm

He was shifting. He was moving ever so slightly. He was.. smiling. God... why did it create such a release to see that hint of a smile? It shouldn't relieve her this much! She wasn't trying to say that she shouldn't feel anything at all, just... it shouldn't affect her as much as it was. "Ohh i can hear you.....Im not dead yet." Kasumi cracked a smile of her own as she gave his hand a gentle squeeze, fighting off the swelling in her throat that threatened to force a tear out or two. Shit! There they went! Oh who gave a fuck. Her partner was awake and alive after deciding he might win a fight with a car. She closed her eyes and bit her lower lip as a reminder she should maintain how she had always been around him, feeling another tear roll down her cheek before she finally got a hold on the sensation. "If you think im bad...you should see the other guy(Car) its a wreck!" Oh.... right.... The crash.... Raising her head, she wiped away those hints of the tears, her sapphire eyes glistening at him as she looked over this big idiot that she cared so much for apparently. Who knew? This big stripping idiot who she always had to find his clothes for.

So when she felt him give her hand a small squeeze, she straightened up a bit more and regained the aloofness that often accompanied her when it was a normal day. But this was far from a normal day. "Your going soft on my Kas...I think i like it." Damn. He had noticed. "Yeah well, don't get used to it." She shot back with a small chuckle of her own, a little bit worried when he tried to laugh. Did it cause him pain? Did it reopen any wounds? "Though if i see you crying ill break out of this cast and smack ya! no matter what the doctor has to say about it!" She scoffed and brushed some of her hair back as she watched him open his eyes, their eyes meeting for that moment. She suddenly felt a strong urge to run a hand through his hair, but she fought it off as another realization hit her. They had shared "the look." Shit! They had shared the look!!! That was.... well tits, that was the confirmation on what had now beaten her over the head for being so slow to acknowledge it. Ohhhhh dear..... Well her life was about to become more interesting wasn't it? And it wasn't just from their boss--

"Did we get them Kas? Tell me we got them...I could really use some good news right about now..." ... Shit. Her body tensed up before she could force herself not to, looking away from him as she tried to find what words could answer his question. What did she tell him? That she had lost control and almost killed both of them? Well... She HAD killed one of them.... That she had put their asses on the line because she had lost her temper? Shit, shit, shit! "Um....Kas...Could you scratch my nose please! I have an itch..and i just cant reach it." Hm? Kasumi couldn't help but chuckle as she reached up and scratched his nose for him, her hand freezing at his next words, "And are YOU alright? You look pretty shaken up.." She could not return his smile, and instead lowered her hand slowly into her lap as she searched the far wall for some kind of answer to her questions. But there was nothing for it. She... had to tell him.

Turning her blue eyes to him, she squeezed his hand back and took one deep breath. "We did get them. But... " You can do it. Don't be a pussy. "One of them didn't make it. The other has been brought in for questioning after they examine him. We got them though Kaede." You lying sack of shit. Why couldn't she tell him about her... "other" nature? He should know! He was her partner, her friend, for fucks sake. She was a fucking pussy. "I, er.. Hehe, I might have broken some protocol to get you here quickly. Our boss isn't too happy with me right now. But I don't care about him. I'm just glad my partner survived his fight with a car. Which reminds me..." She suddenly let go of his hand and reached both of hers up to pinch his cheeks, wiggling about before she let go with a satisfied nod. "Thats what you get for making me worry, idiot!" He didn't need to know yet. He didn't need all of the details just yet... After all, he had just woken up. She just hoped he couldn't tell that she had held anything back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaede Soshi Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:11 am

"We did get them. But... One of them didn't make it. The other has been brought in for questioning after they examine him. We got them though Kaede."There was something a little off with her words...her eyes but he wasn't coherent enough to put it to words"I, er.. Hehe, I might have broken some protocol to get you here quickly. Our boss isn't too happy with me right now. But I don't care about him. I'm just glad my partner survived his fight with a car. Which reminds me..." She grabbed his cheek...SHE GRABBED HIS CHEEK AN PINCHED HIM!!!"You pinch harder then my aunt" And that was true...Kaede didn't an aunt, well not one he knew of at least. "Thats what you get for making me worry, idiot!"

Ahh well there it was...He had been an idiot, but some times idiocy was needed to get on in the world so as she chastisd him...He Grinned and winked at her."If i was any less of an idiot i dont think you'd like me much...Id be such a stick in the mud no one would want to be around me, and that Kas is a fate worse then death."

Something was a little off about her, he couldn't put his finger on iy though, was it her eyes? The way she spoke? Held her self? He looked at her for real for the first time since he had opened his eyes and saw the tell tail signs of stress, sadness, and worry. More then that though, and it worried Kaede. It looked like she was holding the weight of the world on her shoulders but was going to deny she was doing any such thing. "Are you sure thats everything? It looks like you've got more important matters on your mind then our boss being angry." Hell an angry boss was nothing she couldn't deal with, a flick opf her hair, a smile and maybe a tiny flash of her legs and shed get off with nothing but a flick on the wrist. Some times Kaede reaaally wished he was a woman.

Heh if he was a woman he could get laid when ever he wanted, would have boobs to play with when he was bored, and to top it off he would never have to pay for another drink so long as he was alive!! It would be the perfect life!! He could never understand why the ladies where always complaining about their lot in life...It looked and sounded so sweet!!

"Would you believe me if i said it was you who saved my life?" Wow...Why had he said that? Why had thinking about being woman brought him to this? Kaede had no intention of telling her but for some reason it just kept pouring out." I remember laying there, floating almost...lost, i knew i was dead or dying...and i didn't care" Tears came to his eyes as he looked at her, making them shine with an almost unearthly light. It seemed that everything else had dropped away to Kaede and he was alone with this woman who had saved his life."I was at peace, i felt no pain, and for the first time in my life i was at peace!" The chuckled a little then eyes still misting."Only took a near death experience to feel that...But do you know what saved me? I was sinking i can remember that, i was relaxed waiting for the end and then suddenly i hear someone yelling, screaming....And the first thing that came to my mind then is i need to know who that someone is." He pauses and takes a deep breath pain evident in his face."So i fight against the numbness i fight to wake up to a world of pain, and do you know what i see? You. It was you who made me fight to live....The sound of your voice drove me to cling to life, tis odd..."
Kaede Soshi
Kaede Soshi
THE WARRIOR OF LOVE!!!!!

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 pm

"You pinch harder then my aunt" Kasumi smirked and folded her arms over her chest in pride at what she had done, happy to see his shock and awe at her actions. Oh yeah, she hadn't gotten to do THAT in a while! Or had she even done it before? It didn't matter, she certainly had now. Her expression softened as she saw his familiar grin, true relief settling over her to have that piece of her life remain. One of the constant things that was always guaranteed to at least brighten her spirits for a moment and forget about what was truly troubling her. "If i was any less of an idiot i dont think you'd like me much...Id be such a stick in the mud no one would want to be around me, and that Kas is a fate worse then death." Scoffing, she shrugged lightly in feigned indifference, her hands coming up with the motion before coming to rest on the bed. "I think that is a debatable fact. Maybe I would like you more. Who is to say?" Oh she couldn't keep it up, he was absolutely right. She liked him how he was now because his goofy nature deflated any tension that was in a room whenever he walked in. That and his random stripping habits. "But I suppose you are correct. You could end up like our boss, and that is a terrible thought." Heh... boy was that the truth.

"One died, and the other is in shock because of your stunt. I hope you are happy about this. I expect to see you in my office once you know that your partner is going to be fine." Her smile immediately fell as she lowered her gaze towards her lap to hide it, her long black locks falling on either side of her face. Their boss... No. She would take the full brunt of this no matter what the consequences were. She would not let Kaede drag himself down with her because he did not deserve it. He was not hiding a monster beneath that easy grin or strong sense of justice. Gathering her hair behind her ears, she raised her head and called up a smile, pushing herself up so she could sit on the edge of his bed. She didn't want to be on that stool and so far from him even if the difference was only a couple of feet. Shit, he was looking at her. She knew that searching gaze of his, and she knew he was trying to figure out what was wrong. Kasumi merely tilted her head and furrowed her brows, acting confused to try to cover for herself. "Are you sure thats everything? It looks like you've got more important matters on your mind then our boss being angry." No. Stop asking these questions. Stop... trying... to learn.

Kasumi laughed lightly, waving a hand as a nurse peeked their head into the room to check on them. "Nah, I'm fine. Really. He was just so serious earlier heh." Please let him believe her. She didn't want him to know how far she had broken protocol for him, how easily she had cast aside her sense of honor and the law. "Would you believe me if i said it was you who saved my life?" Oh thank goodness, a topic change. But not just any topic change, this was a serious matter. Her one eyebrow raised as a blush rose to her cheeks, a frown forming as she sensed the warmth in her cheeks. " I remember laying there, floating almost...lost, i knew i was dead or dying...and i didn't care" Her lips tightened a little bit as she remembered that moment when she found him there, lying splayed out on the ground bleeding and broken. How little he seemed to have been breathing... She did not look away from him, tightening her lips more against the memory of that fear that clenched at her throat. She had come so close to losing him. "I was at peace, i felt no pain, and for the first time in my life i was at peace!"

Had he been on his way to find the peace that only death could grant? Past a doorway that she could not follow after easily? "Only took a near death experience to feel that...But do you know what saved me? I was sinking i can remember that, i was relaxed waiting for the end and then suddenly i hear someone yelling, screaming....And the first thing that came to my mind then is i need to know who that someone is." She felt a chill run through her bloodstream as he kept going, her hands trembling a little as she held them in her lap, glad that they were clasped so that you couldn't really tell. Had he heard her calling his name? Cursing at him for coming so close to leaving her alone? Damning him for being so freakin dumb? She began to bite her lower lip as tears of her own glistened in her eyes, having to bow her head as a couple droplets rolled down her cheeks. Had she really been his saving light? "So i fight against the numbness i fight to wake up to a world of pain, and do you know what i see? You. It was you who made me fight to live....The sound of your voice drove me to cling to life, tis odd..."

A small sob escaped her as guilt, fear, relief, affection, disbelief, and utter shame tore at her, forcing herself to look up to him as he finished speaking. God dammit you fucking pussy, stop crying! She did not deserve to be the angel who returned him to the world of the living. Not when she would have killed both of those bastards for almost separating her from him. She sniffled and took a deep breath, swallowing her tears as best she could as she wiped them away quickly. But the tears did not stop. "Damn straight it should have." Her voice somehow retained its strength as she sat there and stared at him, her brows knitted together as she seemed somewhere between angry and happy. "You took on a fucking car Kaede. You almost died. What the fuck am I supposed to do if my partner dies?! So damn right I brought you back!" She snapped at him, cursing herself more and more for being unable to stop these goddamn tears! She shuddered as she tried to draw a deep breath, the anger with the fading of her words as she just bowed her head, her hair obstructing her face from view.

"I was so scared Kaede... So scared that you weren't going to make it. You aren't allowed to die and leave me alone. You got that?" She whispered, sniffling as her head turned ever so slightly in his direction. Lord.... what was wrong with her? Closing her eyes, a few more tears fell as she took another clear, deep breath. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped. I am happy to know I kept you here." A sad smile rose to her lips as she turned to face him, pushing herself off of the bed. "I... should leave you alone to rest. Don't want our boss to get in a bigger tiffy." She started to turn to go, mentally preparing herself for the reprimands that would greet her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaede Soshi Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:14 am

Sobs....SOBS?!?! The hell was this ehh? He just wanted to let her know how much she had meant to him...How much her presence had helped....AND HE GOT SOBS?!?! Now Kaede would never hurt a lady(Well he would never hurt a lady out side the bedroom...and that wasn't really hurting in the first place..) but he would have smacked Kas right then and there if he could move his arm like that...Or had the energy for that matter."No, no tears! Im the guy that nearly died, im the only one in this room allowed to break down! Heh me break down..." No he wasn't going to, he wasn't gonna weep, he wasn't going to. He was a man! And whats more he was a samurai, the last samurai in fact, and samurai did not shed tears!! Ohh no not even manly tears. The fact that his cheeks where still a little moist from earlier didn't enter his mind. "Damn straight it should have You took on a fucking car Kaede. You almost died. What the fuck am I supposed to do if my partner dies?! So damn right I brought you back!" Ohh yes he had taken on a car....A smile crossed his features and his eyes shown with something akin to pride."Correction, I took on a car and...Wait for it...." He paused for a few seconds waiting for the anticipation to rise."WON!! Thats right i took on a fucking car and won, you can now bask in my awesome if you wish....and before you ask i do hand out autographs....Just hand me a pen and lift up your shirt " He winks hoping a return to there sexual banter would help raise her spirits some.

"I was so scared Kaede... So scared that you weren't going to make it. You aren't allowed to die and leave me alone. You got that?"

Scared? She had been scared? It made sense but it still surprised him him and his easy grin slowly faded from his face. "Next time ill ask before i go and almost get my self killed then..." His words may have been joking but his tone had changed to something almost solemn. It was amazing how quickly your emotions could change. One minute you could be happy go lucky, the next you could be down on the dumps. It was amazing and you had to wonder what actually flipped that switch.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped. I am happy to know I kept you here."

What did he care if she snapped? Some times he needed it...Her words more often then not brought him back to reality and he had to thank her for that...It may hjave been the only thing that was keeping from going off the deep end."Well you had better be...It would be a little odd if i told you that and you where like "Ohh i did? Well damn!" I mean really."

"I... should leave you alone to rest. Don't want our boss to get in a bigger tiffy."

She turned to leave and he panicked. He didn;t know or care why but he didn't want her to leave, he didn't want to be out of her sight. What if he relapsed? If she wasn't there she couldn't save him again...Was there more to it then that? He couldn't....Wouldn't know."p...Please don't go!!" His voice was begging, pleading with her and he tried and failed to grab her before she got out of reach.

"I cant...I dont...PLEASE!" He was panicking then, his breathing coming faster, shallower. "I don't...I can't....I can't...." He had almost died....

He had almost died....

Died...

Tears sprang to his eyes then, he had almost died.

Met his maker.

Gone to dust.

Traveled to the sun rise lands.

How ever you wanted to put it. It all came to the same thing, the end of Kaede. The end of what ever he had or might have with Kasumi. He had almost died and here he was joking...Leaving things unsaid when at any moment he could cease to exist.

It was laughable really, Kaede was supposedly a man of action and reaction. Yet he let his feelings go unknown. Was it fear that had held his tongue for so long? Or had this...This experience made him realize ho much he had left unfinished?

"I...I dont want to die Kas..." His voice was weak...almost a whisper and for the first time his face was down cast, his vision misty."I dont want to Die Kasumi and i love you...i dont want to die." Was he weak? He honestly didn't know any more....What he did know though was simple. He loved this woman he had known for so little and so much time, and he didn't want to die...Simple things those where but maybe, just maybe those simple truths where enough.
Kaede Soshi
Kaede Soshi
THE WARRIOR OF LOVE!!!!!

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:43 am

"No, no tears! Im the guy that nearly died, im the only one in this room allowed to break down! Heh me break down..." What was this to him? A joke? Something to be laughed off? She wanted to smack him for treating this so lightly, did he not understand what this all had done to her?! His smile was doing nothing to help her as he recalled that moment she cursed with all her being. "Correction, I took on a car and...Wait for it...." She did not look at him as he waited there in excitement, for she could already tell where he was going to take it the silly bastard. "WON!! Thats right i took on a fucking car and won, you can now bask in my awesome if you wish....and before you ask i do hand out autographs....Just hand me a pen and lift up your shirt " It just made her have to choke back another sob as she tried so desperately to regain control of herself. She was in no mood for sexy or banter much less a combination of the two.

She knew it wasn't possible for him to take things this lightly, not when it came to the two of them. He was her partner, and certainly one of her closest friends (if not one of her only friends at this point). He was one of the very few people who were nearest and dearest to her heart. After having just lost her father, she didn't want-- no, couldn't handle losing him as well. She knew now just how dear he was to her, but like hell did she want to acknowledge it or admit it. "Next time ill ask before i go and almost get my self killed then..." He was finally beginning to get it, to realize how serious this was to her. Her back stood tall and straight as she rose from his bedside, using the sleeve of her uniform to wipe away the traces of tears on her face so that their boss might not see. She had to go and accept her punishment, her retribution for allowing the demon to come out to play. "Well you had better be...It would be a little odd if i told you that and you where like "Ohh i did? Well damn!" I mean really." A sad smile flickered across her lips as she stood there with her back to him, taking a moment to stare towards the window as she gathered her thoughts together. It was likely she would lose her job now, that she would lose the dream she had worked so hard towards all her life. That she would become separated from Kaede. She took two steps before she was stopped.

"p...Please don't go!!"

She had never, ever heard him speak like that and it forced her to freeze just as she was about to take another step around his bed towards the door to his room. "I cant...I dont...PLEASE!" She was frozen to the spot by his pleads and she could neither advance nor retreat towards him. "I don't...I can't....I can't...." Her body relaxed as she brought her feet together, her back still facing towards him as her head lifted a little to stare ahead of her towards the wall. Her hair was long and straight as it flowed down her back, her hands hanging at her sides. "You can't what, Kaede?" She asked him softly, the air growing as tense and still as it had before her blade had bit into that mans arms. "I...I dont want to die Kas..." The words made her close her eyes and smile softly, bowing her head ever so slightly as she took one step back towards his bedside.

"I dont want to Die Kasumi and i love you...i dont want to die."

It was then that she turned and took those few steps back to his side, but she didn't just stop there. Her hands raised and placed themselves gently on either side of his face as she leaned in close to place a kiss on his lips, warm and sweet after a moment of such tension. The movements had been fluid, flowing as an arrow from a bow string to plant that kiss upon its target. Never had she felt such fear at the loss of a friend, never had she felt such tingling from compliments that were genuine amidst the banter, never had she fallen for a man without being aware of it the entire time. Her lips parted from his for only a moment so her eyes could meet his, brushing away the singular trail of his tears from his cheek with her thumb. The smile had returned as she gave him a soft, tender kiss before touching her forehead to his as ran a hand through the nearby strands of his hair. "Then don't. Death is a lover like any other, and she can be refused. You just gotta show her whose boss, and I'm sure you'd have no problems with that hm?" She murmured softly, her hand continuing its gentle pattern.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:59 am

{BUMP}
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaede Soshi Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:43 am

The feel of Kasumis hands and lips where oddly comforting to him as he laid there baring his heart for what seemed like the first time in such a long time. He was a player,and he played his game well. Well enough in fact that he never had to sleep alone if he didn't want to but recently it seemed, he chose to go home alone more and more often. How long had it been since his last conquest? How long had he kept him self from indulging? To long or maybe not long enough."Then don't. Death is a lover like any other, and she can be refused. You just gotta show her whose boss, and I'm sure you'd have no problems with that hm?" That broke him from hos rather odd train of thought and he smiled up at the woman who was... Taking care of him right then and let out a soft gentle laugh."Well i can always show a lover whos boss... But they have to be a lover first! Good thing i got you around to scare that creepy lady off hmm? Otherwise i might be in for a world of hurt!" Well at least he hoped dying would hurt, otherwise how would you know you where slipping away? It was odd but Kaede might have been the only person who didn't want to die in his sleep.

As he laid there feeling her pressed against him ever so lightly a strange thought came to his mind."It only took a near death experience to get me to open up...Heh its true what women say, guys are dumb!" Tense emotionally trying times needed a tiny bit of humor in them or they just got UNBEARABLE! A little bit or even a lot a bit of sap could be a good thing at times, but enough was enough was enough! Then with out waiting any longer he sat up as best he could, the movment causing just the tiniest bit of pain and kissed her. He kissed Kasumi and he liked it, he liked it so much in fact that he kissed her again and to hell with the pain!! She tasted good on his lips and he couldn't help but lick them as he drew away from her."Ether your wearing cherry lips smackers, or your just naturally sweet~~" He winked and laid down flat on the bed again with a tiny sigh of relief. Life was good... If one didn't count the broken body and a lot of other things just then, but despite all that life was good...

Now... Now what? Well for one he wanted, no needed to know what had happened after his little escapade, second he wanted his damned pudding!! He was hurt and in the hospital, so he had better get his pudding. The mere thought of that godly good food made his belly rumble with hunger."Kas i know you need to go soon...But could you take a seat and tell me just what happened after i passed out? I mean... I need to know and your the only one who could tell me." Which wasn't exactly true but he doubted the two people who they had chased would be in a talkative mood.

((Sorry its a tad short but i wanted to get it to you quickly Vi my dear <3))
Kaede Soshi
Kaede Soshi
THE WARRIOR OF LOVE!!!!!

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:11 pm

Was this how it was supposed to happen? Was this how one was supposed to grow close to another human being as they had to each other? Or was this just another anomaly of her life that she would never try to explain and merely flow with? Mmm, she liked that last option the most since affection was an ever flowing stream between people. It could be calm, merely trickling through rocks or quietly along its way with sunshine and laughter dancing upon its surface. Or it could be a raging torrent, topped with white foam and passion before careening off into a waterfall. They were somewhere inbetween, that part of the river where it began to curve and twist ever onward onto the horizon with no clear sign of what could come next. That was where she liked her life to be the most for it kept things fresh and new. It made her feel alive. So what if it meant her philosophy on relationships wasn't quite the standard view? It was her own, and she would retain it no matter what. "Well i can always show a lover whos boss... But they have to be a lover first! Good thing i got you around to scare that creepy lady off hmm? Otherwise i might be in for a world of hurt!" She chuckled at that, the small smile that had been on her lips growing as she leaned back a bit further to regain her seat beside his bed.

"Mmm, indeed." She said softly though there was a lingering chill upon her spine no matter what happy fluffy realizations they were going through at this moment. She danced with that very same "creepy lady" he spoke of whenever she flew into a rage. She saw her every time she saw blood, and lord how that woman called to her. Called her to be her puppet, to be her hand in this mortal realm. She was her instrument of murder, and Kasumi was still fighting with how to accept that darkness that marred her soul. "It only took a near death experience to get me to open up...Heh its true what women say, guys are dumb!" She had to resist snorting in laughter at that, snickering despite herself as her hands came to rest on top of his own. "Yeah well, don't make a habit of it every time you want to open up or have a realization. I don't think people could-" She was cut off as their lips met, sending a little shock down her spine which made her smirk like the cat who ate the canary as he pulled back. "Ether your wearing cherry lips smackers, or your just naturally sweet~~" Hah, oh Kaede... He was always full of jokes and cheer no matter what.

Would that be his saving grace if he found out? She was sure he would just shrug it off and laugh somehow despite the seriousness of the matter. No matter, she should stop worrying over it since it was of no importance at this particular moment in time. "Hmm is that so... Well I have been told I'm quite sweet." She purred with a wink, inwardly chuckling at the brief memories that surfaced and ebbed away. Oh the conquests she had made.... She heard his stomach growl and was about to comment until his words reached her, "Kas i know you need to go soon...But could you take a seat and tell me just what happened after i passed out? I mean... I need to know and your the only one who could tell me." She froze up and the smile faltered, her hands suddenly pulling away from him as she sat up rather straight on her stool. She looked away from him towards the floor out of the corner of her eye, her lips forming a thin line as her hands clenched into fists in her lap. Their bosses voice was echoing in her ear as were the screams of those men as the fire began to crackle about the car, closing her eyes as she could see the blood spray into the air.

"You must understand I am not proud that this happened." She began, taking a slow, deep breath before opening her eyes to look at him again. Those normally soft sapphire depths were as hard as ice now, the gentle touch that she had possessed moments before now replaced by... well, for lack of a better term, a different woman. She was an officer who had failed in her duty, and she may as well be kneeling before her superior at this moment. "A few moments after I ran up to you, they stirred in the car. They began to reach for weapons and we stood at a stand off. The moment they fired, I moved and cut off the arms of the one in the drivers seat." She paused to take a breath, still feeling how little effort it took in that single strike, how much rage had filled her. "I went around the car then and confronted the other. I pointed my blade at him, I said some words, and then I called in again. The ambulence arrived and I told them to get you there first and that I was going with. I ignored protocol blatantly, telling them that they could question you, the first officer on the scene, once you had woken up. Then we were here." She finished quietly, knowing full well what had been in that mans eyes when he had called her a monster. She was a monster, an oni demon come up to consume those mens souls.

Kasumi fell quiet then, her hands slowly relaxing as they rested atop her skirt, bowing her head as she closed her eyes. She had brought shame to their team with her actions. "And this is why our superior is upset with me. I will take full responsibility for my actions and whatever consequences may follow."

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaede Soshi Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:28 pm

The sudden change that came over her was... So drastic in fact that he hardly recognized her. She went from happy(Mostly) and joking to what he could only say was embarrassed and angry? Angry with who? He couldn't know yet but he sensed that it wasn't targeted to anything outward. It looked like an internal thing, and when she her eye contact well he had his answer. He watched her closely, his eyes moving to take in every detail of her and her reactions. From the clinching of her fists to the thin line her mouth made and from what he saw he knew that what ever she was about to say was no joking matter and he felt the joy and delight he had been feeling just drain out of him and his face showed it before she even spoke. Something was horribly wrong and he knew he wasn't going to like what ever his... what ever she was to him no was going to say. In all honesty this was more then a little confusing for him, but he tried to not let that show, he wasn't sure how well he succeed. Kasumi could read him like an open book.

"You must understand I am not proud that this happened." Famous last words those, and they never started something good. He wondered at what she could have done to cause her to say that. But he guessed he wold be learning that soon enough. So he remained stoic(for him at least) and waited for her to go on. As she made eye contact though well... He nearly flinched. Gone was the woman who could laugh at and with him... She had been replaced with someone...Something else."A few moments after I ran up to you, they stirred in the car. They began to reach for weapons and we stood at a stand off. The moment they fired, I moved and cut off the arms of the one in the drivers seat." The shock on his face lasted mere seconds, but he feared that may have been a few seconds to much. She had cut a mans arms off? He had always known that his dear Kasumi had a darker, more dangerous side, a side that took pleasure in causing pain and suffering. He knew because the same beast lived in him, and as much as he tried to deny it, it was a part of him.

Oddly he didn't feel anything other then shock and sympathy for her. She had taken a life(No one could survive a wound like the one she described) and he could tell it weighed heavy on her. Taking a life was never easy... And he wasn't sure if she had ever taken one before. He remembered his first kill, he had cried for weeks afterwords... And he still had nightmares from that night that wasn't so long ago. The mans face flashed before his eyes and he closed them for a second. He should have known better then to think of that night..."Id hold you...But im tied up at the moment." It was a lame attempt at humor he knew, but he felt as if it was the best her could do right then, he doubted sharing about his first would help right then... But maybe later.

"I went around the car then and confronted the other. I pointed my blade at him, I said some words, and then I called in again. The ambulence arrived and I told them to get you there first and that I was going with. I ignored protocol blatantly, telling them that they could question you, the first officer on the scene, once you had woken up. Then we were here." He...He had caused this? His stupid, rash actions? That... That... That. His mind went blank as self incrimination's started to rain down on his psyche. Her caring for him... Had caused her to over react? To kill? To maybe loose her job? Her life? How could he have been so selfish? So blind... He never saw how his actions would impact others... And this time it had cost at least one person their life. He was a murderer twice over now. He knew squarely where the blame should be lain, at his bloody feet.

"And this is why our superior is upset with me. I will take full responsibility for my actions and whatever consequences may follow. No. No that wasn't how this should have been. He should be the one taking the blame, him not her. Kas...Kas had done nothing but react to the stress of a situation and could not...No would not be punished for that. It was well with in his power to take the blame as far as he was concerned. "No." That single word held all the conviction he could muster right then. If his voice wavered it wasn't from tears or weakness, it was from anger, anger that was directed at him self. He had turned her into a killer(Even if he hadn't), he had caused this. He would fix it.

"No. You did what you had to do. You did what you thought was right, and if this entire situation is anyones fault its mine. My brash actions, my stupidity forced your hand... You... You killed because of me and that blood is on my hands and no one elses." His hands where covered in blood already, what was a little more? "And if blame is going to be lain at anyone's feet its going to be mine. I made the mistake, and I will suffer the consequences...Not you." What sort of man would he be if he let her take the rap for this? What sort of warrior? No his honor may have been stained, but he had not forgotten it, would never forget it. He was a man after all and whats more he was a man with something to protect, and protect it he would no matter the cost. "Never you."
Kaede Soshi
Kaede Soshi
THE WARRIOR OF LOVE!!!!!

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:55 pm

She didn't have to look at him to know how his face had fallen to see her changed so before him, to see how quickly she had become so somber. She was not surprised to see the shock that registered on his features at the news of what she had done, how drastically she had overreacted in the situation after he had fallen into unconsciousness at that scene. How would he have known though? She had been so careful to ensure that he had never seen this part of her, to ever know of the demon that lurked within her soul to counterbalance the righteousness with which she struck in the name of the law. "Id hold you...But im tied up at the moment." Not even his humor could reach her in this moment of shame that had filled her, and there was certainly no way that she could even crack a smile if she had wanted to. She had to atone for the life that she had taken earlier that day and for the mistake she had made.

"No."

It was then that her expression finally changed even in the slightest, her brows furrowing at his denial for the forgiveness she had to ask for from their superior. Why? Why was he denying her this? How in the world could he tell her no when this was her doing? Why was his voice trembling? "No. You did what you had to do. You did what you thought was right, and if this entire situation is anyones fault its mine. My brash actions, my stupidity forced your hand... You... You killed because of me and that blood is on my hands and no one elses." Her expression darkened a little as the thin line that her mouth had formed tilted slightly downward. She would not accept his reasoning. He had done nothing to cause this! "And if blame is going to be lain at anyone's feet its going to be mine. I made the mistake, and I will suffer the consequences...Not you." Now her eyes were narrowing, her heart beating almost harshly within her bosom as her hands grew tense once more in her lap. "Never you." This was not a matter of his pride, or her pride, or anyones fucking pride. She was the one that had lost control. She was the one who had cut that mans arms off and scared the other to his wits end.

"No." It was her turn to be forceful, and her voice was cold. "You did what you had to in order to stop them, even if it endangered your life. I should not have allowed my emotions to get the better of me. I shouldn't have allowed that side of my being show its ugly head. It is mine to control, and I am the only one responsible for it." She would not tolerate him talking like this. "I killed because I wanted to. I wanted to do far worse to those men than I did, and you cannot be held responsible for such desires. You are not me. You may be my partner, but you are not responsible. I would dishonor my name further if I were to let you take the blame." She would fight him on this. The instances on where they might argue were few and far between, but this was one of those rare occasions. "That man's blood is on my hands. So I don't want to hear you saying that this is your doing because that is a load of horseshit."

She pushed herself up from her chair, and as she looked at him, her expression softened a little to reveal the Kasumi that he knew so well. She smiled softly and stepped away from her stool, touching his hand for a moment before she moved back from his bed. "Be ready to face their questions. But for now, you rest and recover." She told him quietly before she started to walk towards the door and whatever would happen beyond it. Her soul was prepared.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaede Soshi Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:34 am

"No." To have his own word used aginst him in the same way he had used it against her just didn't seem fair. Hell he was supposed to be making a grand sacrifice here, protecting her, rescuing her. Doing the manly thing!! She was going to deny him that? She was going to deny him that AND give him a cold shoulder? That just didn't seem fair, but it wasn't like he could force her to do anything in his current state. "You did what you had to in order to stop them, even if it endangered your life. I should not have allowed my emotions to get the better of me. I shouldn't have allowed that side of my being show its ugly head. It is mine to control, and I am the only one responsible for it." She was right of course, but he didn't want to admit it, couldn't admit it. Guilt for what ever reason ate at him and had since she had first walked into the room and woken him, maybe even before that. It didn't matter though, what was felt in dreams never mattered. Hell what was felt while awake hardly mattered some days at well, so that was no surprise.

"I killed because I wanted to. I wanted to do far worse to those men than I did, and you cannot be held responsible for such desires. You are not me. You may be my partner, but you are not responsible. I would dishonor my name further if I were to let you take the blame." Sighs yet again she had a point, but he REALLY hated it when people ruined his noble intentions with something so simple as logic. Logic was and would for ever be his greatest enemy and no matter how he tried it was the one enemy he could not slay. IT was... Annoying."That man's blood is on my hands. So I don't want to hear you saying that this is your doing because that is a load of horseshit." He grunted and made as if to cross his arms then just let them fall to his sides again. It just hurt to much to move them, his former ability to ignore pain having vanished."Ill to agree to disagree because nothing i say will change your stubborn mind." He shook his head and knew he couldn't win and a true warrior knew when to back away from a fight, and if he was one thing well... Well that one thing wouldn't be warrior but maybe if he was ten things that would be one of them.

"Be ready to face their questions. But for now, you rest and recover."The ice queen melted away and what was left was the woman he had grown to care for. Though her words still sound a bit harsh to his ears but he was sure that was just him. She touched his hand and he gripped it gently before she pulled away. Even with all that was going on she 1still thought about him... That was something he had never experienced before. It felt odd... Nice but odd. "You know i wont be able to rest until i know what happens to you... So hurry up and get this taken care of and come back and tell me? And hey nothing should happen you said one went for a gun, well I've killed men for less... But thats another story."

He took a deep breath and shook his head to clear it one last time before going on."And hey you where with in your rights to gut him... Protecting you self and such... As for the other thing well we will talk about that later, but we all have demons to conquer and some times we just can't manage it. Its just how the world is, but im sure you know that ehh partner?" He winked and let out a tired sigh. He was tired, but he couldn't sleep just yet. "Hell when this is over ill tell you about some demons to make yours look small thats a promise! Butdo me a favor and don't beat your self up to much yet. Theres to much left to do and you can't do it if you go all fragile on us." He smiled his trade marked smile and looked around the room and frowned. "So..." He took a deep breath and frowned "Where the hell are my cloths?" There wasn't a trace of a smile on his face.
Kaede Soshi
Kaede Soshi
THE WARRIOR OF LOVE!!!!!

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:34 pm

His sighs only further proved how irrational he was being at this, how he could see the logic that she laid out before him. Perhaps another person at another time would have allowed him to step up to stand beside her when it came to blame, but now? This was something Kasumi could not do. She should have been to the scene faster, should have cut their tires so he would not have to have tackled the car to be in this situation. But perhaps she felt this because she was thinking too much upon it. Ill to agree to disagree because nothing i say will change your stubborn mind." Sighing lightly, she merely nodded once at the compromise between them since it was as close to resolving it as possible. Though that pressure that she briefly felt upon her hand was enough for her to know that the harshness of her words had not been too much. That she hadn't caused too much of a rift between them. Lord... They had just realized their feelings and already they were fighting.

"You know i wont be able to rest until i know what happens to you... So hurry up and get this taken care of and come back and tell me? And hey nothing should happen you said one went for a gun, well I've killed men for less... But thats another story." Chuckling softly, she stopped at the doorway and turned, her hand resting upon the cool metal as her eyes fell upon him. "I guessed that would be the case. I'll certainly be sure to." He did make a valid point though. She could certainly argue self-defense and that would hopefully get her by, but..... would that even be enough? "And hey you where with in your rights to gut him... Protecting you self and such... As for the other thing well we will talk about that later, but we all have demons to conquer and some times we just can't manage it. Its just how the world is, but im sure you know that ehh partner?" A soft blush rose to her cheeks as she knew exactly which things he meant. Yes.... what they would be exactly from now on considering.... Her lips still felt warm from when they had kissed. "As long as we retain our humanity, our demons will stay at bay. We will absolutely."

"Hell when this is over ill tell you about some demons to make yours look small thats a promise! Butdo me a favor and don't beat your self up to much yet. Theres to much left to do and you can't do it if you go all fragile on us." Oh? Was that so? Well then, perhaps their demons would just have to meet each other. "Don't worry about me. I don't think "fragile" is in my vocabulary." Giggling softly, she gave him one last little wave before she vanished from sight, her footfall quiet as she walked down the hallway. The fears she had been housing before were gone and instead... she was only at peace. Whatever would happen, she would actually be fine with it.

[EXIT THREAD]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down