Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites)

2 posters

Go down

The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) Empty The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites)

Post by Spotlight Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:28 am

Alex walked through his town he was supposed to be doing research but he figured he might as well get a few errands done while hes here. so hes running through stores and finally buys two pairs of locket esqe items. one was a bracelet for the baby boy and for the girl he had gotten her a small rosary on request of her grandmother and had added the locket piece into one of the larger beads in each was a compartment holding their mothers photo in place for as long as it was left undisturbed. Now as he had them in his jacket pocket his white jacket pocket zipped and the coat itself hanig over his shoulders.
As he walked into the bar he looked around before sitting down and ordering a glass of rum. it was his vice now drinking. research could wait as long as he had a bottle nearby. He took a breath and sipped his cup of rum sorta wondering when he could go home to see his twin children. he missed them but his work constantly had him moving. If he had chosen a less destructive alchemy then maybe he would be home with them at the moment. but this was the path he chose and he would see it to the end. each turn was a decision made and he knew he was far from the straight and narrow. He was a devil dog now and forever but at least the alcohol dulled the pain. as he poured another glass and decided to savor the coconut flavored beverage he found himself thinking more and more on his kids future.
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 3
Writer:

Back to top Go down

The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) Empty Re: The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites)

Post by Emmelin Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Creta wasn't so bad. Of course, Valeria didn't make it a habit to visit her old homes, but alas, it seemed her Grandfather had summoned her. Strange that the man had learned of her being alive, after the very elaborate death played, but then again, nothing ever passed the founder of the Diablos family. Her nerves were wrecked with confusion. What could she do? She had sworn that she'd killed every last family member, but here, her grandfather was still alive. Either that or somehow someone followed the long trail of murders and chaos to Drachma, to the apartment she had been staying in. The only way she had GOT the letter, was from her old butler. He had sought her out after the war. Maybe he let it slip she was still alive. Boris never WAS a good liar, after all. It was pure luck he hadn't snitched her out for the whole killed the family thing. Or maybe he didn't know to begin with? He HAD left the mansion a few months prior. On the side note, Boris never liked Enton's son-in-law to begin with. To make matters worse, he was the one to help her fake her own death. He didn't ask questions so.. did he know?

Stranger yet, was the fact he didn't see Valeria as some sort of psychotic woman that she was. Boris saw her as a sort of lost soul he might help to save. Or she could be completely wrong. On either note, Valeria was just too tired to care at the moment. Paranoia sunk into fatigue as three night's had passed without sleep. She felt like a vampire. Withdrawal and lack of sleep had caused such severe insomnia, she thought she'd collapse at any second. She needed something- anything that could soothe the ghosts of her mind. For once in a while.. she needed rest, to close her eyes and embrace the nightmares that often plagued her eyelids.

Walking into the bar was simple enough. There was noise, boisterous men having burping contests and women giggling as others hit on them. Batting of eyelashes, footsies, all the cliche and boring allure that happened every time a man and woman were left alone in the heat of a room. Or sometimes a woman and a woman or man and a man. It was all bound to happen one way or another. It wasn't of her concern. At least it wasn't like the last club she went to, where the people were nearly doing the deed in the middle of the floor. Disgusting. She was all for fun and that.. but to watch.. was gross.

Sliding up to the bar, she barely bat an eyelash before the man poured her a drink. Spiced rum, her favorite. So obviously HE remembered her. She gave a grateful glance and nursed the cup, solemnly. Thoughts rose and fell in her mind like the crests of a wave. She barely noticed the man beside her.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-
Level: 1
Writer: Ammy

Back to top Go down

The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites) Empty Re: The Sound The Damned Make(Val And Invites)

Post by Spotlight Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:24 am

As the smell of spiced rum hit his senses he turned to see who was drinking the beverage. he saw a few people get touchy feel and took a breath. he wasn't too interested in what they did just finding out who was drinking the rum and where they got it. so as he turned all the way around he saw a beautiful woman sitting next to him. he could have swore she wasn't there when hie looked over not even moments before. Ah oh well now as he looked her over he spied her drink was the beverage he hasn't had since before he was married and had the twins. Good times good times. so he decided to ask her where she got it from. whats the worst that could happen. He dies oh well thats a wish down and an occupational hazard. "Hey whats up miss? Mind if i ask you a question or two?" He gave her a small smile and looked at her somewhat wondering if she would respond.
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:47 am

Someone was burning holes into her head. She could feel him stare, as unintentional as it might be. It didn't stop the moment from being slightly awkward though. Then again, she couldn't honestly say it was awkward. She enjoyed the attention.. normally. It wasn't like she had anything better to do than to appease the man with conversation. "Hey whats up miss? Mind if i ask you a question or two?" He had asked. Her eyes lit up and she couldn't help but laugh. What was up? Other than the answer of the ceiling or the fact that she was probably walking into a trap? Nothing, absolutely nothing. That was just a normal day in her life, really. She shook her head. Answered question was, but it wasn't as if he heard it. After all, he seemed more intent on asking questions, himself.

"As long as they don't involve what I do with my spare time or what color my unmentionables are, I'm game. Ask away." Her eyes closed a moment and her grin was hidden behind her glass. With a swift swallow, the contents were gone, vanished. It felt good. She enjoyed the ragged burn that scraped her throat. The warmth burnt in her ears.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:28 am

After he said his piece he had to say he felt somewhat stupid compared to her elegant speech pattern. Honestly whatever had possessed him to answer like that he was cursing it all to hell as he processed what she said. She didn't want him asking about her extra curricular activities. Hmm that left him with little choice. But he still had a choice.
"As long as they don't involve what I do with my spare time or what color my unmentionables are, I'm game. Ask away."
"Hmm oh that will be hard. so what brings you to this side of creta and can i get a name to go with your lovely face?
He was going to just go with the flow. Whats the worst that could happen. He smiled and realized it was rude not to give his name.
"I'm Alex, Alex Corde"
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:06 am

"Hmm oh that will be hard. so what brings you to this side of creta and can i get a name to go with your lovely face? I'm Alex, Alex Corde"

At first the woman was frowning. Such a lack in manners- to not give his name first. However, he quickly recovered and Val was smiling brightly again. Oh there was no way to woman's heart that was quicker than a gentleman. Alex Corde, hm? Her eyes narrowed to amused violet slits. Her brown locks shifted while her hand shifted to settle against her cheek. The elegant gloved fingers were so silken against the curve of her satin skin. "My, my. Please, flatter me more. I do love a tongue of silver to go with my rum." Her words were followed with a laugh.

"I am Valeria Kline. A pleasure to meet you, sir." Her Esparian accent swirled into her each word. "Now.." She leaned forward a bit, aiming for emphasis on her words. "You wished a question of me?" Charm, it entangled everything she said by nature.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:54 pm

"My, my. Please, flatter me more. I do love a tongue of silver to go with my rum." as she said that his mind went through various things he could said. each word ringing through his ear like elegant crescendos. and then he heard her name. "My such a beautiful name for a beautiful woman. And again what brings you to creta if i can pry. and if not i was wondering if i could get a drink of your spiced rum if you would allow me to. and too flatter one such as yourself is an honor i truly do not deserve" he looks around and sees the bartender eyeing them both. he figured why he was being eyed now why would the bartender be eyeing her. now that peaked his interest so in his mind he began to come up with ways to flirt with her so he could try and attain some answers. but till then he would sip his rum and give a smile.
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:31 pm

"My such a beautiful name for a beautiful woman. And again what brings you to creta if i can pry. and if not i was wondering if i could get a drink of your spiced rum if you would allow me to. and too flatter one such as yourself is an honor i truly do not deserve"

Oh dear.. this man was saying ALL the right things. After all, compliments were a way to a woman's heart or bed.. not that it mattered. Valeria was simply enjoying the night like everyone else. Most people might have walked away from the situation, but she was not most people. This attention? She craved it, she indulged in it and in turn she would explain pleasant words. Some of her spiced rum? What good was a treasure if she couldn't share it, right? Her eyes narrowed with further amusement. How to go about playing around, though? Her charm would surely help her, as always. Tact could help as well, but then again... nothing really felt more right than the subtlety.

"A sip? I don't see why not. Would you like a straw.. or would you prefer to try take a sip from my mouth?" A wink was given playfully with a followed chuckle. Her hand nudged the glass to him. "As for why I am in Creta.. let's just say I had some family business to attend to." With a shrug of her shoulders, she watched him intently. "What about you? Are you from around here?"
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 am

"A sip? I don't see why not. Would you like a straw.. or would you prefer to try take a sip from my mouth?"
He laughed a little at that at least she was funny when she felt like it. So he just shrugged and said "thanks" and he carefully took the glass and took a small sip just enough for him to get a good taste of the rum. As he placed it down he put the glass down in front of her.
"As for why I am in Creta.. let's just say I had some family business to attend to."
"I see well i hope it goes well"
He glanced at her and closed his eyes as if trying to remember something.
"What about you? Are you from around here?"he looked at her and smiled a little. "No I'm more or less just passing through. I have to pick someone up in Esparia and then go to a funeral. You know errands and family matters. "So as he said that he could almost see a few memories flash of the now departed an he sighed and sipped his own rum. He also thought of the quote time heals all wounds and laughed a bit as it didn't stop the pain the wounds carried.
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 am

He took a sip, much to her pleasure. Her eyes rose to meet him with intrigue, wary of the words coming from his mouth. Her brow furrowed and she leaned in some, not in a seductive way, but with interest. "Esparia, you say?" Her natural accent slipped in at the thought of her home land. The beautiful burning sun. The heat on her skin during the summer.. Oh, those were fond memories. Even Vito.. he was a fond memory. However, he had vanished and oddly Valeria felt hurt by that. A flicker of sadness rolled into the violet eyes and she couldn't help but sigh. It seemed she caused people to disappear even WITHOUT slaughtering them. Her hand cupped her chin to hold it. Oh well. Now wasn't the time to think of such things.

"Not many people travel there." There wasn't many people who even SPOKE of the place, let alone visiting it. "I grew up there.." She admitted. And now she was dead. Hell, she'd been dead to Esparia for a long time. The local security probably wouldn't even care anymore if she returned. Time had passed,the investigation was likely dropped. Esparian government was poor with those sorts of things. It was lucky for her though, it meant she could visit without much trouble, but now she had to avoid the eyes of RIOTE who would likely kill her soon for what she might do. However, a game was never fun without some.. adventure. A thrill.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:52 pm

[Homework and school are kicking my ass sorry]
He looked her in the eye. as she spoke he noticed her lean in. While his first instinct may have been she was truly interested. he had to consider everything as was who he was. So he continued to speak. "Yea i guess that's true but it has a friend of mine who's just dealing with some family business. They should be fine unless they were attacked for being a result of alchemy. as i hear people don't take too kindly to alchemy in esparia....." he looked up and thought about each event thats happened so far. From his odd childhood to his slightly insane adopted family that was ever growing to his current jobs. He really had an odd life now that he thought about it. and then he heard her as she said she gre up there he had seen a flicker of sadness cross her eyes earlier but shrugged it off. "You dont say well my dad used to say over time even a grain of sand can become a pearl. So what was it like to grow up there if i may ask."
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Valeria stared at the man a moment. Sadness.. depression: IT was all over him. The way he held himself, the way his eyes looked away from her, the twitch of a muscle lying beneath. This man was being claimed by an abyss of darkness. Normally.. Valeria would feel an excitement; a challenge. How much to push the man over the edge? Should she convince him to kill himself, or tell him to kill someone else for her amusement? In a moment, she damned herself for becoming so weak and mellow. those thrills were of no such to her anymore. Times changed and now, she had to fight the feelings of regret. Other men like him, she might have invited to her room, just to kill him silently and relish in the feeling of blood on her fingertips. Whatever had changed, it kept her from doing that again.

She brought her eyes down in focus with a silent sigh. What was it like to live in Esparia? "It was... hard to describe." She started, for once feeling wordless. "The heat was like the most soft blanket on my skin. Sand was my shoes and the feeling of it gritting on my feet was something that couldn't be replaced. People may have been poor.. but.. they were happy."

She paused to drink some of her rum. "Well. Not me. I only saw the poor. My family would laugh at them, secretly giving money to get better things while their neighbors starved. They made good money, but they didn't know how to use it. After a while, all that power distorts the mind and well-" I killed them. It wasn't fully true, but she might as well have. She thought for a moment, but smiled weakly at him. "Back to your question. It was like living on a paradise, to me.. At the same time it was a Hell."
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:23 am

He looked at her as she sighed and he raised an eyebrow thinkin maybe he shouldnt have brought this subject up. It was like when he talked to jay or his little nephew odd. There were just some subjects you just don't ask or mention. So he wasn't surprised when the words started to flow but the words themselves surprised him as the flowed to tether as smooth as silk. "It was... hard to describe. The heat was like the most soft blanket on my skin. Sand was my shoes and the feeling of it gritting on my feet was something that couldn't be replaced. People may have been poor.. but.. they were happy. Well. Not me. I only saw the poor. My family would laugh at them, secretly giving money to get better things while their neighbors starved. They made good money, but they didn't know how to use it. After a while, all that power distorts the mind and well-"she paused and he almost hung off her words as he listened to her almost poetic voice each word carried a piece of a meaning as her emotions though possibly slightly hidden seemed to be shown from how she spoke "Back to your question. It was like living on a paradise, to me.. At the same time it was a Hell." When she finished he nodded and took out a few bills and paid for both of their drinks so far before asking "So miss would you perhaps like to eat something I hear there's a great restaurant nearby my treat?" He gave a light innocent smile as he was just trying to leave the bar he wasn't one to try and learn more about someone when he is trying to get hammered. It was a severely flawed system that only worked for things like one night stands and a shit ton of paperwork.
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:23 am

"So miss would you perhaps like to eat something I hear there's a great restaurant nearby my treat?"

Well now. Val looked the man over with vague interest. Her eyes gleamed at the challenge, almost. The man wanted to have a nice dinner? Well, she supposed it could be arranged, but the day was far too young to just retire to the old and boring. The wicked grin folded onto her lips and violet eyes stared with intent upon the man. "Dinner? Hmm.. I have a better idea." She straightened and pushed the rest of her drink away. The bartender gave her an odd look, but she dismissed it with ease. Fingers flew through her locks for a moment. Then, she looked at him with those seductive eyes. One hand reached and grabbed at his, but in a gentle way, not with any sort of ill intentions. No, Valeria wasn't going to make the man do something cruel or unruly, but she did love to have her little games.

"My idea is this..." Her body twisted to look back at him. "Why don't we go dancing, instead? The night's young and you look like you could shake off a few worries, if you ask me." After speaking, she winked at him. "Naturally, if you're too scared to go dancing with a stranger, I can understand." Her body moved away from his. Her each step was elegant and precise, while her hips sashayed lightly, which caused her dress to sway. "But if you DO want to join, well... I'll be waiting outside." As she left, a soft laugh fell from her lips, simply playful as always. This was all for fun for her. If she was going to be stuck in Creta, she might as well enjoy herself.
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:07 pm

He thought about her offer it would be more fun though he had to wonder why every damn time hes in creta a beautiful girl wants to dance. It just wasn't normal or maybe it was he wasn't the best to judge mumbling in his natural tongue before switching over mid thought ”It has been a while since i've danced what's the worst that could happen. Yea Lets go Valeria” he saw her wink and shrugged as he gets up and follows her out. her laugh was befitting of her as he saw. it seemed to radiate a lightness that was almost unreal so he followed her and thought for a moment before he remembered a place he had been brought to on his first trip to creta. "Valeria i have a place we can go too for that dance and its not too far from here. It is honestly just down the street and around the corner." he gave a smile as he wondered if the place had changed recently.
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmelin Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 pm

He followed her. That wasn't to much of a surprise. After all, Valeria WAS fairly good at getting people to do what she wanted. Not that she was MAKING him. She was simply great with words and pulling them along just by suggestion. A magic in its own way. Her lips were curled in a pleased smile as they reached outside. The man, himself seemed a little better, if not quite confused. It wasn't like Val cared. He wasn't upset, which rang good in her book. Otherwise, she'd just tell him to go home.

Once outside, he spoke of knowing a nice joint to go to. Though she rarely took requests, she decided what was the worst that could happen? Naturally she grimaced at that thought, because.. well that usually meant something terrible could and she really didn't want to be stuck between a rock and a hardplace. HOWEVER, today was a day of fun. She smirked at the man and stopped walking long enough to catch up. "Then lead the way, handsome."
Emmelin
Emmelin
PICTURE PERFECT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Spotlight Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 pm

He smiled a bit and walked beside her as he remembered the route and even saw an old flyer of when he did charity performances on the streets of this town. good times he should get back to doing that if he ever comes back here. but till then he needs to get to the club. so turning a quick right he lands in front of a nearly packed club luckily there was no line as it was just opening but he knew she should love this place. the bass was already starting to hit him as it blasted through the walls and doors and caused small vibrations through him as they were at the club named The Skybar. THis club had a few good memories here and there it was really good for him. so now he smiles and said "Here we are Miss Valeria. The Skybar"
Spotlight
Spotlight
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 12:14 am

B U M P

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down