Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
A Show of Hands (Private) EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
A Show of Hands (Private) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
A Show of Hands (Private) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
A Show of Hands (Private) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
A Show of Hands (Private) EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
A Show of Hands (Private) EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
A Show of Hands (Private) EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
A Show of Hands (Private) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
A Show of Hands (Private) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
A Show of Hands (Private) EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

A Show of Hands (Private)

2 posters

Go down

A Show of Hands (Private) Empty A Show of Hands (Private)

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Ah, this was nerve-racking. There never was an easy way to put it, right? Besides to just go and reveal himself to the person.

”Aaah, that sounds dirty,” he mutters to himself. He knew what he meant. But would she? Maybe if he spoke in Drachman…

Flipping the table in his quarters, he stands there, looking at what he did. ”Great,” he says to himself, picking the table up and setting it upright again. Destruction and chaos wouldn’t help him explain… that… to the doctor. His doctor. Doctor Cora Nikita. No, he was certain. After recent events, she would be the only doctor that would touch him. No one else. She knew… a little too much about him by now.

Leaving his room, he starts walking through the cramped hallways of Briggs. ”Listen, you have may have noticed I sort of turned into a bear… No, no, no. Hm… Perhaps- ah-ha! Dear Cora, I have suffered from a rare condition since birth known as Bear-itis, and… No. Such a disease is far too debilitating.”

Continuing to mutter in his native tongue, he mainly drew interest from the younger recruits. Any other day he’d keep quiet and carry on, but… There were questions to answer, problems to settle. The last person he had willingly shown his bear form to was…

”Ah, Sasha, what did you do? What was so special about me that made you hang on still?”

The rest of his trip was spent pondering. By the time he reached Cora’s office, he realized… Well, he had no plan of action. But, like he always said, the bear who sees the trap cannot be caught. He was just hoping that this was the right trap he spotted…

Hanging by the doorway for a few moments, he knocks on the doorframe a few times. ”Knock knock, doctor,” he says, peeking inside. ”I’m afraid we need to talk.”

Back to top Go down

A Show of Hands (Private) Empty Re: A Show of Hands (Private)

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 am

"Alright, now don't itch at it ok? Otherwise the stitches might come out, and we'll have to go through all that unpleasantness over again." The good doctor spoke, a smile warming her face at the end of her instructions as she looked at the woman before her whose arm she had sewn up from a wound she had received back in Drachma. The woman nodded and chuckled, shaking her head slightly as she watched Cora place a gauze bandage over it for safe measure, "I'm not that impulsive Dr. Nikita." "Oh I know. I just gotta give my shpliel you know?" Chuckling, she bade her patient farewell and sighed lightly to herself as she turned her brown eyes to the hospital ward about her in her home. So many injured... At least most were resting at this point.

Rubbing her eyes tiredly, she glanced to her own wound in her shoulder and shook her head slightly with a chuckle. What would her sister say if she saw her working like this? She'd probably chastise her, or else say that she wouldn't have been stupid enough to get injured in the war. Well it wasn't like she had much choice did she? She wasn't the one who blew up the Kremlin. No, she just crashed an APC into it, thats all.... Technically it was Viktor though... The memory brought a smirk to her face as she removed the gloves and threw them in the hazard bin, washing her hands in a sink off to the side. Amongst all that haze of fighting, there was at least one amusing memory. How many could say they had done that? Or... Turning the water off, her eyes grew distant as she dried her hand with a paper towel, her full lips truly seeming like an octopuses as her thoughts got the better of her. Or ridden her comrade who had become a bear. Yeah... Yeah, very few would have done that....

Viktor was a chimera. She knew that now. It still gave her a feeling of amazement every time the thought rose to her mind ever since he had burst out of the wall and spoken to her just before the Kremlin had fully collapsed. Blinking, she turned away and made her rounds to check on each of the full beds, brushing her short, dark hair out of her features. So few had returned out of those that had set out... Pursing her lips, they now seemed a normal size as her brows furrowed, her white coat rippling at her sides. She had saved one of their team members, and that had even been thanks to that little RIOTE dog... No, no she was doing her job now. And it aided no one to dwell upon what had been done already. Besides, she had also helped out Major Rajan and Captain Vivian too! Hopefully they were doing well in North City... She had to shake her head resolutely again, a few faces popping into mind as she walked up a row. She had a few friends that worked there, that pair was in very capable hands.

A knock at her door caused her to stop and turn in its direction, walking towards it since her patients seemed to be at peace for the moment. ”Knock knock, doctor,” Ah, Viktor. His presence brought a smile to her lips, resisting the urge to do a little wave as he stood there. ”I’m afraid we need to talk.” Oh? Blinking twice, she nodded as the smile faded, gesturing for him to come inside. "Well don't lurk in doorways, come in." She said softly, giving one quick glance to the beds one more time as she walked over to her chair behind a desk at the other end across from the door. Viktor could be on the serious side, but there was something more to it this time so something was clearly weighing heavily upon his mind. Sitting down in her wheely chair, she pointed with a hand towards the stool next to her desk, calling up a very slight smile. Couldn't keep things too tense now could they? "So what is on your mind?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:34 pm

”Well don't lurk in doorways, come in.”

Viktor takes a few tentative steps inside, looking at the wounded soldiers she was caring for. Not his idea of private, but at least he wouldn’t be occupying their caretaker for too long. He looks back at Cora as she wheels her seat closer to her desk, motioning at the rather small stool beside her. She was just tempting the fates, wasn’t she?

”So what is on your mind?"

Ah, the million dollar question.

”Doctor, what I did, what you saw…” Uncle Joe was right: secrets were hard to explain. ”So, you’re an alchemist, so...” He pondered on that for a moment. He never ran into an alchemist that healed people… ”So, whatever you are, you’re probably familiar with these… ‘chimera.’ And, being particularly bright, you’ve noticed how I sort of… turned into… a bear…”

He sighs, shifting on the stool, causing it to creak. Damn stool…

”My past is a long story, filled with sighs and regret Cora. It’s something that I don’t talk about, and I try my hardest not to think about it. But circumstance forced my hand, and you, unfortunately, have to pay for it.

“As my doctor… You need to know things. But you are also my comrade in arms, my battle sister. I trust you with my life out there, Cora, but you need to trust me as well. Such is the bond between soldiers. Do you understand this?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:29 pm

He seemed so hesitant that it was purely alien to her, unable to not think of the first time that they met at the Jolly Roger cafe. A slight cough in her mind, what an interesting way to meet a person to be sure.... Yet look where it had taken them! To the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Hmm... That sounded like a line from something... In any case, her brown eyes followed him as he came in and sat down at the stool she had gestured to, picking up a half-full water bottle she kept sitting upon er desk. Sipping it carefully, she listened as he began. ”Doctor, what I did, what you saw…” Hrm? What exactly did he mean? ”So, you’re an alchemist, so...” "Alkahestrist, but go on." There was a big difference there after all. Two completely different principles after all since one depended upon the lava displacement, and the other upon the Dragon's Pulse.

”So, whatever you are, you’re probably familiar with these… ‘chimera.’ And, being particularly bright, you’ve noticed how I sort of… turned into… a bear…” She blinked twice, ohhhhhh was that was this was about? Him turning into a bear? Being a chimera born of alchemy? She had to try to not smile since she didn't want to seem amused by this for clearly this was a matter he took very seriously. He was so unsure of how to phrase things for heaven's sake! When he wasn't making bear puns, he always seemed to know what to say so this was quite the change from his usual self. Despite her efforts though, her expression did soften some, allowing him to speak his full piece. ”My past is a long story, filled with sighs and regret Cora. It’s something that I don’t talk about, and I try my hardest not to think about it. But circumstance forced my hand, and you, unfortunately, have to pay for it." Have to pay for what? Knowing this secret of his?

“As my doctor… You need to know things. But you are also my comrade in arms, my battle sister. I trust you with my life out there, Cora, but you need to trust me as well. Such is the bond between soldiers. Do you understand this?” She was now confused, what in the world was he on about? Blinking a few times, she let her smile show now, a very small chuckle escaping her throat as she leaned back in her chair. "Oh Viktor... Of course I trust you just as you trust me. I do understand indeed. They don't call me the Combat Cleric for nothing you know." She chuckled again, sipping once more at her water before returning the cap to it and placing it down upon the top of her desk. "You are my brother, my patient, my comrade in arms, and above all my friend. If you believe that my knowing you are now a chimera changes anything at all, then put those worries at ease. Some of the best people are." She gave him a warm smile, appearing quite cute with the fullness of her lips, her bracelets jingling ever so slightly as she folded her hands in her lap.

"I also don't share information about my patients with others, highly unprofessional as you know." Flashing him a wink, she briefly glanced about to her patients in their beds, satisfied to see all was peaceful in her ward. Just how she liked it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:58 pm

"You are my brother, my patient, my comrade in arms, and above all my friend. If you believe that my knowing you are now a chimera changes anything at all, then put those worries at ease. Some of the best people are."

He was a bit relieved, considering she at least knew where he was coming from. But, still, where to start, what to tell, how to begin?

"I also don't share information about my patients with others, highly unprofessional as you know."

Okay, so she’d be a doctor doctor. Well, if that’s how it is…

”I’ve always preferred befriending doctors, you know,” he says, leaning back slightly on the stool. ”Usually live longer. People respect what they do, and try not to shoot them. Still, I’m not very trusting of them since…” He trails off for a moment, shaking his head to remove the painful memories out of his head. ”I chose this, Cora. What I am, what I’ve done, where I’ve gone… I’ve chosen it all. Even being a chimera… I sacrificed my life for my mother to live in comfort. I could’ve retired, become a mechanic, but no. I decided to fight. And the scientists, they… They didn’t know what they were doing.

“I was a super-soldier to them. I took out countless ‘terrorists’ and ‘rebels,’ but I prefer not to think of how much they lied to me. Like any soldier, when they tell me to jump, I ask how high. I left only because a new line of chimera were being made. We were… ‘obsolete.’ I’ll give you three guesses as to how the military takes care of black operation soldiers that are declared ‘dead’ already.”

He sighs, leaning back forwards. ”Me and my buddies, we… we broke out. Misha snuck us some live ammunition, and we fought our way to the armory. Then, we fought our way out. In the end, only Oleg, Boris, Arina and I made it out. We each went our separate ways. I don’t know about them, but I knew they were chasing me. I’m government property, and might still be. All I know is that I made it down this far South, and saw the infamous Briggs in the distance. I was a dead man, Cora. And so I took a chance and asked the Ice Queen for kindness.”

He chuckles. ”I suppose that’s as good of a place to start as any, don’t you think?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:23 am

Cora could sense him relax in the slightest, glad to know that she had at least given some kind of ease to his troubles. That was her job after all both as a doctor, and as his friend. "Many ways to help people!" as Mordin Solus said, and this was no different. It was true, she generally fixed the medical, but the mental was something she'd still tackle with an open heart. So as she observed her friend, she couldn't help but fall into some of the pre-existing molds that her profession created for itself. She was away from the center of the "storm" persay, and yet right there with him.

”I’ve always preferred befriending doctors, you know,” She raised an eyebrow and tilted her head, crossing her legs as her expression was one of an unshakable calm and comfort. "No, I didn't." She murmured, falling quiet as he continued. ”Usually live longer. People respect what they do, and try not to shoot them. Still, I’m not very trusting of them since…” She chuckled slightly at his first sentence, that was generally true. You did live longer that way! And well, they were rather useful. There was a reason her position hadn't been filled yet before she came to Briggs, and why doctors were always in such high demand. But then the amusement dissipated into nothingness as he shook his head, the calm returning with just a hint of concern. Hrm... That was also another good point. Doctors were the ones that created him, that made him what he was. The ones that had researched how to perform such tasks.

”I chose this, Cora. What I am, what I’ve done, where I’ve gone… I’ve chosen it all. Even being a chimera… I sacrificed my life for my mother to live in comfort. I could’ve retired, become a mechanic, but no. I decided to fight. And the scientists, they… They didn’t know what they were doing. Her brows furrowed slightly as her hands tightened in her lap, remaining clasped though she wanted to reach for him. No, she had to let him speak! “I was a super-soldier to them. I took out countless ‘terrorists’ and ‘rebels,’ but I prefer not to think of how much they lied to me. Like any soldier, when they tell me to jump, I ask how high. I left only because a new line of chimera were being made. We were… ‘obsolete.’ I’ll give you three guesses as to how the military takes care of black operation soldiers that are declared ‘dead’ already.” Ok... Cora had to take a deep breath and exhale slowly, her empathy beginning to well up within her chest as her eyes watched her friend. Why were countries so greedy? Why did they think nothing of the peoples lives that they threw away after altering so completely? "As they would an old toy." She whispered under her breath, her hands fidgeting again in her lap.

She was spoiled in her job. She never had to worry about the things he had. Some would say she battled on a different kind of field, but while listening to Viktor, how could she agree to that? Yes, she always worried if her patients would live or die, if she was really helping them in the long run, but.... She never had to do the things he had. She had learned in a hospital how to do her job, in school. In practice. It pained her to try to imagine what he had been through his whole life, and her lips tightened at the thought. ”Me and my buddies, we… we broke out. Misha snuck us some live ammunition, and we fought our way to the armory. Then, we fought our way out. In the end, only Oleg, Boris, Arina and I made it out. We each went our separate ways. I don’t know about them, but I knew they were chasing me. I’m government property, and might still be. All I know is that I made it down this far South, and saw the infamous Briggs in the distance. I was a dead man, Cora. And so I took a chance and asked the Ice Queen for kindness.”

Had Sasha been amongst them? Was she one of the ones who hadn't made it? Just how much had he lost due to his country? Grimacing, her hands forced themselves apart, uncrossing her legs as her pouty lips only seemed to accent the empathy she felt for him. She wouldn't call it pity, he wouldn't accept it anyways. No... she was just... empathizing as best as she could since she hadn't been through what he had. When he chuckled, she did feel a faint smile rise to her lips as her expression softened a bit, leaning forward while resting her elbows upon her knee's. ”I suppose that’s as good of a place to start as any, don’t you think?”

Nodding, she clasped her hands once more, the bottom of her feet resting flat against the ground. What could she say in answer to all of that? "That is indeed." One of her hands slid away from the other, reaching to touch him on the knee as she still had to look up at him even though they were both sitting. "What we have gone through... It's what makes us who we are today. The choices we've made, the pain we've endured... I'm sure you already know all this, but its true and I don't think its ever a bad thing to hear one more time. Heh, sometimes we just don't quite listen the first or second time around you know?" Smiling softly, she gave his leg a gentle squeeze, taking a deep breath before exhaling slowly. "You have been through a lot, and not all of it could others deal with as you have. You are one of the strongest men I've ever met, physically and otherwise. I.." She had to pause, briefly glancing towards the ground as she had to choose her words carefully. "I'm thankful you have shared this with me, and I know it isn't easy to. But... I'm glad. I'm certainly glad that the Ice Queen let you in. I'd be mighty lonely here if you weren't around. And who'd keep me out of trouble?" Raising her eyes to meet his again, she honestly wasn't sure if she was making any sense, or really helping in the least bit, but she could hope. She could certainly hope. Smirking slightly, she chuckled as she thought of the APC crashing into the Kremlin once more. "Or well... Get me into trouble. More trouble than I already do. "

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Viktor sat and nodded to what Cora was saying. She did care about him, like the other medics. Genuine. It was something he didn’t find enough, though he could do without the prep talks. Still, she was slightly wiser than others of her age, so she was off to a good start.

”And who'd keep me out of trouble?”

”Well,” he chuckles.

“Or well... Get me into trouble. More trouble than I already do."

”Hey, now that’s a story for the ages. A great tale to tell your family! Not only were you in Drachma, but you saw the Kremlin! Well… Now that I think about it, maybe that’s a story to tell at a bar. People are less likely you call you out on it and just go with the flow. Speaking of bars you wouldn’t happen to…” He stops himself, remembering where he was. Reaching into his pocket, he pulls out a flask, taking a swig of it before offering it to Cora. ”Back in Drachma, my specialty was being reckless, you know. Runs in the family. I’ve run through minefields, across open plains to engage the enemy with my shotgun. I’ve entered the battlefield from great heights using too few parachutes. And… Well, point is, Cora, I might get you into trouble, but I’ll keep you safe. And it’ll be the greatest story of your life.”

He pauses for a moment, putting his flask away. He had to ration the good stuff. ”So, what brought you to Briggs? I doubt the weather here is mild compared to your hometown, and you don’t seem like the type to prefer the intimidation that comes along with the name.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:19 am

”Well,” He was chuckling, so that was as good an answer to her hopes as she could (no pun intended) hope for. ”Hey, now that’s a story for the ages. A great tale to tell your family! Not only were you in Drachma, but you saw the Kremlin! Well… Now that I think about it, maybe that’s a story to tell at a bar. People are less likely you call you out on it and just go with the flow. Speaking of bars you wouldn’t happen to…” Her eyebrows raised as he began to defend himself, unable to not chuckle at this. Hell, it was even hard to restrain a laugh as his mind seemed to drift towards drink. Oh what friends she had... "Not the right type of alcohol I'm afraid." She murmured, casting a quick eye to all of her charges in their beds. All was peaceful in her ward, a nurse or too moving through to do a more thorough check as they came back from their breaks.

So her surprise to find a flask being offered to her when she turned her brown eyes back to Viktor was well founded. Now she looked about in a more cautious fashion, knowing full well she shouldn't even sip at anything on the job. But one couldn't hurt... especially given everything... right? Taking the flask, she wiped it up to her lips before sliding it back into his hand, probably giving the impression that she must have barely gotten anything out of it. Oh she had gotten enough to satisfy her, an eye squeezing shut at the harsh taste of vodka. Oi.... Ow ow ow ow... That did burn. There was a reason she didn't go for the hard stuff!! ”Back in Drachma, my specialty was being reckless, you know. Runs in the family. I’ve run through minefields, across open plains to engage the enemy with my shotgun. I’ve entered the battlefield from great heights using too few parachutes. And… Well, point is, Cora, I might get you into trouble, but I’ll keep you safe. And it’ll be the greatest story of your life.”

Leaning back in her chair, she had reached for her water bottle and was taking a lovely sip, washing out that harshness as she listened to him. For some reason, it was just so easy to picture him doing all of that.... And popping out with, "We made it!" and throwing his hands in the air with a big grin upon his face. It made her smile softly, another chuckle rolling out of her throat. "That I don't doubt my friend." And as quickly as the flask had appeared, he had hidden it away, using a hand to brush back her short, dark hair. What the pair they made... Hehehe, what would her family say or think if they ever met him? Oh the amusement this thought brought her....

”So, what brought you to Briggs? I doubt the weather here is mild compared to your hometown, and you don’t seem like the type to prefer the intimidation that comes along with the name.” What? Blinking rapidly for a few seconds, Cora stared dumbly at him before touching a hand to her lips, the other arm coming across to rest over her chest. Huh. "Oh boy.... How to address that one..." She mused for a moment from behind her relaxed fingers, letting them slide down her face to rest upon her chin as she sat there thoughtfully for a moment. Blinking twice, she raised her gaze back up to him, crossing her arms over her chest. "I couldn't honestly tell you for sure. I mean, I could have stayed a doctor in East City where I'm from not that that would do since I'm pretty sure my sister was planning on going to West or South or something..." She shook her head slightly at the thought, they really did have such a friendly competitive streak between the to of them. "I met Briggs soldiers once while out with my sister, we had just finished med school and were all official and stuff. I guess that would be where the decision was really made. Just something about them, I don't really know how to explain it." Chuckling to herself, she shrugged as if she were beside herself, holding up her hands before letting them come to rest in her lap.

"Besides, the cold doesn't bother me too much either. Kinda like it actually. The intimidation doesn't bother me either. Heh, maybe that was part of the attraction." No... it hadn't really affected her at all upon her decision. She hadn't thought about it much to be honest. Guess that proved how thoughtful she was huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:36 pm

{BUMP}
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 am

”That says a lot about you,” he says, nodding his head slowly. ”You could have stayed in East City, become a doctor. Lived a calm life, comfortably, an advantage of money. But you were… inspired, let’s say, by some soldiers.” Patting Cora on the back, he gives a wide grin. ”You heard your true calling. Not some stuffy office, a nice apartment with an elevator, a husband, and a couple kids.” He pauses a second, pondering that over. Was that the Amestrian Dream? This country was so… strange at times, he could never be sure.

Shrugging, he clasps her hands. ”So, what about your sister? Sounds like she wasn’t nearly as impressed by the soldiers as you were. Must’ve been hard on her, seeing you ship out.” He knew it was hard on him, seeing his father ship out. Though as his brothers started to do so, he began to anticipate things. ”But you made a good decision coming here, and I’m sure your sister – and parents – are proud of you.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:49 pm

”That says a lot about you,” Did it though? Did it really? Sometimes she couldn't be sure about it. But this was Viktor, so he probably was right. ”You could have stayed in East City, become a doctor. Lived a calm life, comfortably, an advantage of money. But you were… inspired, let’s say, by some soldiers.” Indeed, he was right. She nodded slowly, smiling up to him as he patted her on the back. ”You heard your true calling. Not some stuffy office, a nice apartment with an elevator, a husband, and a couple kids.” She had to laugh, she had to laugh really hard at that. Her? In any kind of life like that? "Dear lord no. I'd die! Such a boring dream that is, thought it suits plenty enough." She murmured once she finally calmed down from her laughter. It was a bit difficult since she was trying to stay as quiet as she could given the fact that she did have patients who were trying to rest in her ward. Oh well, she had to get her amusement in too!

Blinking, her brown eyes looked back up to her friend as he clasped her hands, her hair swaying so a few strands hung in front of her nose. ”So, what about your sister? Sounds like she wasn’t nearly as impressed by the soldiers as you were. Must’ve been hard on her, seeing you ship out.” Mmm... her sister.... Lowering her eyes for a moment she sighed lightly, wondering how she was doing. It had been a while since she'd gotten a chance to call her, what with the war and all. Besides, even before that they both had work they needed to tend to, her sister especially. ”But you made a good decision coming here, and I’m sure your sister – and parents – are proud of you.” To that she had to smile, chuckling as she squeezed his hands a little. "Oh I'm sure they are. My sister... She was, but... We didn't want to go to the same place. After all, any of the headquarters across Amestris could use more doctors. She said they didn't need two star pupils serving here." She chuckled lightly, trying to recall the day that she left. It was the day both of them had, though her sister was leaving later than her. Her parents swelling with pride, but she could still recall the tears that stung her mothers eyes, and the sadness in her fathers face. But it was just because they were going to miss her, that was all.

"I don't know how she felt... We were both so proud when we were with each other since we usually were competing. Friendly of course. We left the same day, but I left first. She stood there proudly... but I could still see it in her face. She was going to miss me. I mean, all of us were going to miss each other, that was a given. I'll admit its still a little strange to not be able to come home and brag about what we did that day to my sister. I still do that over the phone sometimes." She smirked and shook her head, looking once more to her patients. "No... we both wanted to do the most good we could. So here we are. But what of you Viktor? Did you have any siblings? If they did, did they join the military too?" She asked, tilting her head slightly so her hair fell off of her face, leaving her a clear view of her friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:52 am

B U M P
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:01 am

Viktor chuckled. There was nothing quite like some healthy competition between siblings. Close family, stayed in communication. She was good to her relatives. Perfect for a person in her position.

” But what of you Viktor? Did you have any siblings?.. Did they join the military too?”

Viktor grinned and twiddled his thumbs. This question. Let’s see if he remembered everything.

”I do, actually. In fact, I’m the youngest of seven. Makari, Eva, Lana, Dimitri, Anastasia, Igor, and myself. Times were tough, but we made due of what we had. As for the military… Let’s say it’s a tradition for the men. My father was in it, his father, his father before him… We come from a great line of soldiers, all the way back to the General Joseph Stalin himself! But, we’ve since fallen on hard times. Less success and glory, and about paying the bills. Joining the military meant clothing, food, and a roof, and money to send back home. But that was secondary. It’s been about the windfall and dowry money we can use the insurance money for. Save our sisters to some place better. It’s a bit of a disappointment when you successfully serve through a contract alive, even more if you’re disabled.

“So, perhaps you could say I never bonded very close with my brothers. Or father. Never knew my uncles very well, if at all either. Except Bogdan, the crazy bastard…”
Viktor chuckled, shaking his head. ”Sorry, but… He’s a very lucky man. Or unlucky, depending on how you look at it.” Looking at Cora, he paused for a moment. ”Not exactly an uplifting tale, I presume?”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Seven? Cora's eyes had to widen a bit at that since it was a completely unexpected answer, and well... Medical reasons that she didn't need to really think too deeply into. SO MANY BABIES. Drachman women were a hardy lot to be sure... But in any case, his reply upon the military was somehow not quite surprising. That often happened in military families, the children would take up arms like the father or mother did... Though the fact that the women were exempt from such things was both admirable and a little.. odd. Or, at least, it left an odd taste in her mouth. Perhaps it was because she could be a feminist (ok, she definitely was one. But she rooted for equality of all!), or perhaps it was something else that she wasn't quite aware of. Either way, she still understood the logic behind it. And, indeed, it was admirable! To want your siblings to live comfortably was something one always loved to see. Hell, just people helping people. There really wasn't enough of that out in the world these days. She chuckled and nodded, finishing off her bottle of water before tossing it into a nearby recycling bin.

It was a pity, however, when families weren't that close. Or got to know each other that well. Bogdan? Her eyebrow raised as a smirk found its way to her features, wondering if that was a story she should ask about or not. Perhaps another time. "I can only imagine. You should tell me about him sometime." Her voice was soft and filled with her amusement, bracelets clinking softly as she shifted her hands in her lap. ”Not exactly an uplifting tale, I presume?” Now she had to blink at that, laughing softly at his concern as she shook her head. Oh how wrong he was... "Oh Viktor... I would hardly call that a depressing tale either! It simply is what it is." Her short hair bounced from side to side as her body wracked with her quieted laughter, youthful eyes turning out towards her patients. "Your life is your life. We are thrown our cards, we take our chances, make our choices... I still see a man who follows traditions, who has his fun, and is loyal to those he cares for." Nay, his life was still a good one. She had heard, and seen, much worse things that created sad tales.

Now her brown eyes returned to him, smiling softly as she pushed herself up. It was probably a good time to make another round to check on her patients. "It is difficult to dampen my spirits! I must make my rounds, but you are welcome to join me. If not, I understand." She realized vodka might be calling his name, or perhaps some time at the range, but he could surprise her sometimes. Keep her on her toes. Heh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 pm

”You should tell me about him sometime.”

”It’s for another time, probably when you’re drunk. He’s done some crazy things over the years.”

He was, however, cought off guard by her reaction to his tale. "Oh Viktor... I would hardly call that a depressing tale either! It simply is what it is… Your life is your life. We are thrown our cards, we take our chances, make our choices... I still see a man who follows traditions, who has his fun, and is loyal to those he cares for.”

Viktor nods slowly, smiling slightly. Perhaps he was quick to assume, then. He shouldn’t get al “woe is me” at his life. Even for his time alive, he’s lived a lot, and has certainly come back from things that would kill lesser men.

”It is difficult to dampen my spirits! I must make my rounds, but you are welcome to join me. If not, I understand."

Contemplating on that for a moment, he shakes his head. ”No, you have work to do. But you’re right,” he says, standing up and stretching out his back. That chair was… uncomfortable for him. ”You are full of wisdom, young doctor. Be proud of that. Now, I must go talk to the general or her red-haired boy toy. Maybe there is more that I can do around here than sit and contemplate.” Taking a knee, he wraps his arms around her lightly. ”I am proud to know you, Doctor. I couldn’t ask for a better sister-in-arms.” Gently patting her on the back, he releases her, standing back up to his full height before leaving, giving a small wave as a goodbye. He’d run into her again soon enough. Even Briggs was a small world in-of itself after all.

[EXIT THREAD]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:53 pm

”It’s for another time, probably when you’re drunk. He’s done some crazy things over the years.” Oh that boded for some fun times indeed...

Ah, but he seemed to appreciate her words which made her happy indeed. Good! She had done her job well then. ”No, you have work to do. But you’re right.” She hadn't really expected him to join her, but it seemed polite to ask anyways as opposed to being like 'gtfo of my office.' That... just held the wrong connotation altogether. ”You are full of wisdom, young doctor. Be proud of that. Now, I must go talk to the general or her red-haired boy toy. Maybe there is more that I can do around here than sit and contemplate.” Cora had to laugh at his description for Daigoro, blushing faintly at the compliment. "Thank you, I try."

Some short people would have probably taken some kind of offense if their tall friend got down on a knee to hug them, but not the young doctor. No, it merely made her grin as she too, slipped her arms about him in return. For a seemingly imposing Drachman man, he was very huggable. She was probably one of the few that knew that though. ”I am proud to know you, Doctor. I couldn’t ask for a better sister-in-arms.” "And I you Viktor. Take care of yourself alright?" She spoke softly as her hand rubbed along his back, her brown eyes watching him ascend as their hug ended, waving to him before she picked up some files off of her desk. Ok.... Time to ensure everyone else was taken care of as well. With a light heart and a warm smile on her lips, Cora slowly walked between the beds, attending to those that were awake or needed something.

[END THREAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down