Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Aaron's Gear EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Aaron's Gear EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Aaron's Gear EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Aaron's Gear EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Aaron's Gear EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Aaron's Gear EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Aaron's Gear EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Aaron's Gear EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Aaron's Gear EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Aaron's Gear EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Aaron's Gear

Go down

Aaron's Gear Empty Aaron's Gear

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:19 pm

CASE FILE: Transmutation Equipment
Aaron's Gear Bornslide1 Aaron's Gear Bornslide2 Aaron's Gear Bornslide3

Aaron Brighton
NAME:
"The Ends of the Earth"

TYPE:
→ Alchemy: Basic

LEVEL:
→ One.

FORM:
"At the ends of the earth, I will cry: OBLIVION! And not be heard, nor granted reprieve otherwise. These weathered boots will have traveled to the Ends of the Earth and yet my sins remain unforgiven."

– an except from his grandfather's favorite book, about a heroic knight forced to slay the innocent in the name of both king and country. And the regret he felt shortly thereafter. After Operation Borneo, Aaron felt so strongly to the character that he re-modeled his alchemy toward his traumatic experiences. Aaron found that he could transmute readily and account for unexpected offensives if his array could remain active, using the soil beneath his feet as a constant supply of material for transmutation. Because of this, he ceased using his hands in the process and had his array tattooed to the bottom of his feet. But with the complications of heading into the field barefoot, Aaron later had a pair of boots commissioned a pair of boots with his transmutation circle engraved onto the bottom.

BRIEFING:
→ His transmutation circle is a simple one, consisting of a nearly-closed crescent circle housing an opposing crescent circle connected with a long line extending from the top – not unlike the universal 'power on' symbol. There are small dots symmetrically placed along the central line, eight in total. At the very top of the line is a spout that bottle-necks before branching out in a v-like shape. The array itself exemplifies Aaron's alchemy, drawing up an element from the earth and rapidly pulling it through a series of pressurized zones, thus compressing it to semi-refined state.

PICTURE:
Spoiler:
→ Designed as part of the treads on his standard-issue combat boots.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

→ Aaron can extract metal ore (typically unrefined iron) from deep beneath him in a simple yet effective manner, forming jagged spires of extremely dense and durable weapons of rudimentary design.

Last edited by Aaron Brighton on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Aaron's Gear Empty Re: Aaron's Gear

Post by Reila Tsukino Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:55 pm

REVISE

What kind of ore? That is way too vague.
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:53 am

(Forgot to put a WIP tag beforehand. Derp.)

Revised. I added that he can extract metal ore. While he typically would only use iron, due to it's usefulness in creating cover to hide behind, I didn't want to limited him entirely to iron, to give him some flexibility when required to create a standing construct of something required to be more fragile. Also, I incorporated a bit more regarding his automail. Let's hope second time's the charm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:55 am

INQUIRY

Wait, so, the boots you mention, was this before or after his automail? Does he wear the engraved boots over the automail, or is this just for context and a little history? If not, does he have the circle engraved on the pads of his automail feet?

And, so, basically, he both draws and reshapes iron? I guess drawing in alchemy would be some form of shape manipulation anyway, so I guess this is fine and technically could only be one transmutation - however, you should probably be wary that for some ores which require electrolysis and other more complicated measures (as opposed to just grabbing the metal and pulling it out using alchemy/reduction via carbon, whichever you do) that you might have to expand upon this at later levels ^_^

Sorry for this. I just got a little confused is all - otherwise, this whole thing looks pretty good. Welcome back. I'm comparatively new, so we won't have met. ^_^;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:38 am

Yep, pretty much. Technically, the circle is part of the boot tread itself, so yes it's an engraving. They used to be worn on the boots but now it's been incorporated into the automail. And yeah, it can only extract and reshape the ore he pulls up. I'd originally hoped to have it develop over time as he gains experience on the board, but even then, he only really uses it for cover and close-quarter rudimentary bludgeons when necessary. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the advice for later use. ^__^

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:03 pm

REVISE

The custom automail would be a separate post for custom weaponry... But technically you don't even need an app for automail unless you want one. In any case, just remove that from your trans app for now and I'll approve it.
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Alrighty! *remove'd*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:07 pm

APPROVED

I don't often herp, but when I do, I derp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down