Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Love is a Strange Thing EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Love is a Strange Thing EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Love is a Strange Thing EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Love is a Strange Thing EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Love is a Strange Thing EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Love is a Strange Thing EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Love is a Strange Thing EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Love is a Strange Thing EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Love is a Strange Thing EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Love is a Strange Thing EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Love is a Strange Thing

Go down

Love is a Strange Thing Empty Love is a Strange Thing

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 8:20 pm

It had been several days since Jet had rushed this young woman to the hospital, and though she had been saved and stabilized rather quickly, she wasn't in a good enough condition for visitors until now. Jethro Black had a slight skip in his step today as he strolled up to the main doors of the Central Hospital. He was wearing a somewhat tight black shirt, worn out jeans, and some black and white All Stars today, extremely casual, even for him. He just didn't feel that a giant man in black knight's armor or a Brigadier General would be the right impression to give to the young lady one their first "official" meeting. Jet had been surprised when Cironis had walked out saying he should wear that. He and that man had grown extremely close in the long time, almost as if they were brothers. Being his second-in-command, and his best friend, Jet respected his opinion more than most anyone else's. So when he went to Cironis asking for his assistance, though somewhat confused, he helped nonetheless. He's a good man, he thought to himself as he pushed the door to the hospital entrance open with his free hand, the other clasping on to a bouquet of beautiful flowers for the young lady.

Jet didn't need to ask where this still no-named girl was located, he had known since she had gotten there where she was. He had come to check up on her condition every day since he had saved her life a few days ago. Normally he would feel it to be his obligation both as savior and as a knight, but for some reason there was more to it than that. She wouldn't leave his mind, it was a strange feeling to Jet, as he had never felt like this before. Could this be...no, that's only in fairy tales, he thought. He entered the elevator and pressed the 2 button. I wonder if she'll even know who I am? Does she remember anything from that night? These and many other questions ran through Jet's mind as he walked out of the elevator and up to the nurse's desk to check in.

"Good morning Brigadier General, here to see that girl again?" the nurse said as he approached, a big smile on her face. "Good morning Faith, and remember, it's just Jet," he replied with his stereotypical grin. He had gotten to know most of the staff on this wing for the last few days, as he had been making regular visits to check up on the young Aerugonese woman. "She's awake if you want to see her," Faith said with a wink. Jet blushed slightly and turned towards the room she was in. "Thanks!" he called back as he began walking up to the open door. "Knock-knock," he said as he knocked twice on the door, peaking around to look inside...

Last edited by Jet Black on Tue May 10, 2011 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Love is a Strange Thing Empty Re: Love is a Strange Thing

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 5:12 am

A long swoosh of white hair parted at the finish of her cart wheel. Arms extended, a pained expression on her face, and sweat dripping from her chin, she turned with a demonic look in her dark blue eyes. There was a man there in the doorway. A smile slid contemplatively over her lips and she moved in front of him. What..was he wearing!? The casual wear set her aback by far. Indeed, she took three staggers backwards and ran into the bed that was currently declaring her as dead. Her smile turned into a sly smirk and she crossed her arms across her chest in a challenging sort of way. "Sure doesn't look like a brigadier general. Must have cheated your way to the top, eh?" She looked to the side at the incessant beeping and then slammed her fist into the machine. That sure stopped it. A few sparks danced before her eyes and she turned back to her...guest.

"However, I do believe gratitude is in order. Shall I do it the way I know best? Men like you...I know what they want..." Before she finished, she had already pranced up into his face. Undoing her arms, she draped them around his neck, moving yet closer. She could feel his manly breath hitting her face and narrowed cold eyes. Placing her soft lips against his, she held them like that for just a moment before letting go with a derisive laugh. "Not." As she was making distance between them again, her eyes caught sight of flowers. No. She was now in denial. He did not bring flowers... What an idiot. She blushed slightly and looked away with a scowl. What kind of dumb ass brought flowers? Shit and she kissed him. He was the romantic type... He didn't belong here. She couldn't prey on him. He was not supposed to be here. For his sake...he needed to leave. She would destroy him. Now, she had to scare him away.

Despite the fact that she was covered in red-tinged bandages (yes, she reopened the wounds a long time ago), Saga acted high and mighty and turned back to him with an angry expression. "You should have gotten roses. I don't like lilies. Although you have done well not to bring anything red." She had a vase of lilies on her kitchen table at home... Hah. She sat on the bed, the fact that she was bleeding out of eight places finally getting to her. Well, the pain meds were sure as hell doing there job. Now this guy probably should and get out! ...before he gets destroyed by her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2011 6:25 am

Jet was utterly confused. Never in his life had his mind ever felt this freaked out. He didn't even know where to start... When he entered the door, he was expecting her to be laying in bed. No, she was up in the middle of doing a cart wheel, her bandages reopened and her wounds bleeding quite profusely at this point. She had an almost scary smile on her face at the realization that he was there. She then proceeded to stagger backwards, as if she was taken aback by something. Was it that she thought he was really handsome maybe!? He smiled a big smile, only for it to dissipate in an instant. "Sure doesn't look like a brigadier general. Must have cheated your way to the top, eh?" Oh, so it was his attire... wait! How did she know he was a brigadier general? Must have been one of the staff, he thought. "Curse you Cironis..." he mumbled under his breah. Maybe they told her of his heroic story! He had told many of the nurses of how he had saved her life from certain death, but did she know?

Almost as if she was in his head, she answered his question. "However, I do believe gratitude is in order. Shall I do it the way I know best? Men like you...I know what they want..." So she had heard.. wait what was she talking about? Suddenly she lunged forward, kissing him softly on the lips, then pulled away with a little laugh. His mind couldn't even fathom the amount of thoughts that seemed to explode into his head at once. He blushed brightly, completely unsure of how to react. Then he saw her looking at his right hand... The flowers! Of course! She blushed and turned away, seeming almost angered by the sentiment. Just as quickly as she had turned away in a fluster, she then turned back, a "high and mighty" look in her body language, anger on her face. "You should have gotten roses. I don't like lilies. Although you have done well not to bring anything red." Most would have been scared by the angry looks and the mad outburst, but for some odd reason Jet didn't care. "I'm sorry my lady, I didn't realize you didn't like lilies. I shall make sure to get you roses next time," Jethro replied, a genuine smile of happiness across his face.

All the randomness of her behavior, the sting of her words, the confusion in head, it all just seemed to fade away in that moment. He was happy to see her already doing so well, for a while there he had been worried. She's a strong girl, I can see that, he thought as he moved to the chair and table at the foot of the bed. He set the vase of lilies on the table and continued to smile. "I'm so happy to see you doing so well, those wounds are pretty bad," he said as he moved in front of her. "Oh, and please, you don't owe me anything. I wouldn't be a very good knight if I didn't save a beautiful young woman like you now would I?" He continued. "Let me properly introduce myself. My name is Jethro Black, Brigadier General and new leader of Western HQ," he said with a bow, "and it is an honor to meet you." He couldn't help but look into those eyes the entire time, they were entrancing. They reminded him of something, something beautiful, but he couldn't remember. As he took his bow and introduced himself, he finally remembered. They reminded him of the clear midnight sky, and he realized he could just fall into those eyes forever...

Last edited by Jet Black on Sun May 08, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Next time? Who said there would be a next time? Who did this guy think he was!? And that smile...it wasn't fake. It was some dumb genuine smile. It reminded her of Ike. She squeezed her eyes shut and turned her back to him, crossing her arms. What an idiot. He had no idea who she was. Did he even know her name?! It was a mistake this whole situation should never have happened. And she lost. She lost to Reila. She was an idiot too--a fool for believing that she could actually win the way she was now. She, too had to change. Reila was abandoned as a child and came to Amestris to start a new life. She was now the Queen of Briggs. She was as cold as ice...and had the power to create tornadoes with her alchemy. Saga found this out the hard way. But that night... Reila was supposed to have died.

Vicious blue eyes slitted open and her arms fell to her sides. She heard the glass vase set down on the table a few feet from her. She clenched her teeth. No, Reila did not die. But how? Saga's alchemy was flawless--that was one thing she was certain of. Despite it being nearly dodged, she knew the electricity from her own body entered Reila's and proceeded to tear it to shreds. She was supposed to be dead. But instead, there was a rumor of her memories being tampered with. This fact made Saga's blood lust grow only stronger. The reason for this was...because she knew. Saga Tsukino knew of a branch of other Tsukino's. Recently--no, about three years ago there was an earthquake that wiped out Takayama. Reila's and her father's brother lived there. The royal family had been completely destroyed... except for one girl. Her name was Harumi Tsukino. Of course, Reila and Saga's existence still remained unknown to those residing in Aerugo, however, Saga was the rightful heir--not that memory-tampering bitch. Saga wondered if that cousin of hers even knew that her and Reila were still alive. Would she be happy? Did she even know that she had wiped the memory of her cousin!?

Saga would make her remember. She would force Reila to remember that night. However painful... She needed her to know that they weren't the only remaining Aerugese royalty. Maybe together they could destroy it... Yes, if Reila would just join her, she wouldn't have to kill her. Saga let out a breath and suddenly realized that the man behind her was speaking. She spun around, white hair flaying out. She just barely caught his name. Weird name. He was definitely not Amestrian. Cretan?? Possibly. It didn't matter either way. He would now act as her slave. Of course, she had the ability to possess him. Smirking seductively, she walked up to him and traced a paler-than-normal finger across his manly chest. "Could you do me a favor? I mean," her voice changed into her fake shy-girlie tones, "it is your responsibility since you did rescue me and all..." She dropped her hand and her voice switched back to her normal, lower demeanor. "I need hair dye. I don't care what color. Just anything but red, Jethrosan"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 10:36 pm

He was nervous. It was extremely hard for a man of Jet's reputation and position to admit, but he was dead nervous. He'd never felt like this before, all his little plans, silly romantic ideas, out the window. Why? Cause she'd just walked up to him with the most adorable voice he'd ever heard and asked him to get her hair dye. That was all it took to fell the great Jethro Black, a sweet voice from a pretty girl. He never thought something as simple as this would be what would tear down that shield he always kept up. What protected that heart he wore on his sleeve, the soul he'd always let get trampled on as a child, the wall that kept him calm, cool, and to an extent serious. Only he knew what had just happened, and though he wouldn't fully realize it until later, it could very well be one of the most important single moments in his life. Since this realization wasn't complete yet, only a shadow, he wouldn't admit it. "Anything for you my lady," he said as he bowed once again. As he made his way to the door, he called back "I'll be back in a minute." Just when he walked out the door, he turned and peaked his head back around the door. "Oh, and please don't hurt yourself too much, ok?" he joked with a goofy grin on his face.

He turned back and began to walk towards the stair case nearby. There was something different about the man that now strode down the steps to find the hospital store. He wasn't the same guy who had walked into the room with the beautiful woman a few moments ago. Ladies and gentlemen, the REAL Jethro Black had just come through. Jet was a knight down to his very core. In battle he was unmatched, as a leader he was tactful and smart. He was intelligent, witty, serious, and based his life around honor and valor above all else. Loyalty was huge for him and he fought for all the things he loved. Because of his life and profession, he always kept a 'mask' on. This was daunting for him, as he didn't always feel himself. Very rarely was he able to lift this mask and show his true nature. There were only three things that did this for him. Battle, the sheer excitement and rush of it all allowed him to let everything go. Music, as he is a musician, and a damn good one, and it allows him to put his emotions into it, setting himself free. The third he had just discovered, and that was this young woman he'd just met. Now who is the real Jet Black? He still is all that was just said, but much more. He's a hopeless romantic always searching for the perfect girl. He's a complete and total dork on the inside, about as random and silly as any human being can possibly encompass in a single body. And all of that this beautiful girl had just let out.

As he reached the door to the store, Jet realized something. He didn't know her name still!?! He hit his right fist into his left palm and thought to himself, I'll find out today, I swear it! He fast walked to the part of the store he had seen the hair dye before. When he got there though, he stopped dead in his tracks. There were only two bottles left, two different, but very close colors: red, and pink. Jet facepalmed at this point, feeling as if he'd failed. Then a sudden burst of optimism came from his imagination creating an image of her with pink hair. The sight was breath taking and inspiring! With his new found confidence, Jet reached out and grabbed the pink bottle, rushing over to the counter to purchase it as fast as possible. Striding once again, Jet made his way back up the stairs to his 'chrush,' who in his mind was just going by 'My Lady' until he discovered her real name. As he reached the room, a random idea popped into his head. Before he could really think it through however, he burst forward into the room, doing a dance move he didn't know he knew and didn't even know how to describe. Now down on one knee, he held out the bottle of pink hair dye and said "Girls like pink right?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 am

...Pink? Saga blushed. He seriously bought pink? And what was with that stupid pose? What was he five!? She clapped a hand over her face and stood up from the bed. She had been staring out the window at all the disabled children playing outside. It reminded her... of the past. She felt like a scary look was permanently etched into her blue eyes. Saga stretched her legs and straightened out the stupid hospital gown that was about to get hair dye all over it. She had to pursue this change. If fate left her with pink hair, then she figured that it was just meant to be...

She would be able to see the color slightly at least. It wasn't red, but... She smiled slightly and walked up to Jet, slapping him on the shoulder. "Didn't do so bad didja?!" This was followed by her crazy grin that looked more like she was about to kill someone instead of be amused. "Now time to find the bathroom..." She walked past him and into the hallway, looking one way and then the other. "Oh yeah, you're coming too, slave." She grabbed his sleeve and proceeded to drag him. She managed to collide with a disoriented nurse. Saga hissed ...mostly because it hurt. She staggered backwards and glared daggers at her. "Watch where you're going you sad excuse for a human being!" She felt her shoulder brush against the wall from her own lack of balance and turned away, walking still in the direction of the bathroom (or so she guessed).

Eventually, she found it and waltzed in. "Okay. You're applying it. Go. There should be gloves in the box." And then...Saga just sat down in the middle of the tile floor in front of the mirrors with a devious smirk on her lips. This was going to be fun. "Make sure you apply it evenly. If it's blotchy, I'll kill you." She flashed the transmutation circle on her palm. He probably never saw something like that before. That is, if he hadn't seen Spade's abdomen. Either way, she could pretty much destroy him in a heart beat...or none. Keheheh! Injured or not. Brigadier general or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 4:22 am

She blushed again! Jet pumped the air with his fist, feeling like he'd won something. She even facepalmed, a sure sign of progress! There was one thing that worried him however. When she had looked at him, her eyes had shown him something he hadn't seen there before, something that drove deep into his very core. He knew that look all to well. What he saw was...death...

When she stretched he blushed, turning away slightly so as not to catch anything he shouldn't. She was beautiful, that much was obvious, but staring would get him nowhere. As she finished stretching she smiled the most stunning smile Jet had ever seen, her first genuine smile she'd shown him since they'd met a few minutes ago. He smiled back in return as her hand slapped down on his shoulder. It was surprisingly hard, tough to think that under that seemingly fragile figure was a tough girl that could kill without bating an eye. He didn't know all of that of course...yet. The crazy grin on her face slightly worried him though, and before he could fully contemplate what she could be thinking, she walked into the hallway, grabbing his sleeve and dragging him with her. She had just called him slave...he didn't know what to think of that. Not exactly something you're called on a regular basis. Oh well, if she liked it than so be it! Ugh, he was already whipped and they weren't even dating or anything.

She collided with a nurse on the way to the bathroom, yelling at her for it and continuing to drag him down the hallway, brushing her shoulder against the wall for the majority of the trip. The entire time, Jet was yelling out "Sorry! She's just trying to find the bathroom. Watch out for the!...Nevermind." As they entered the bathroom, she said "Okay. You're applying it. Go. There should be gloves in the box." Well this brought back memories. When Jet had been a mercenary alongside Cironis, he had dyed his hair bleach blonde to blend in yet stick out more in Amestris. He had gotten used to dying his hair alone. Jet wondered why she wanted to die that gorgeous white hair to pink, but he had a feeling she was trying to change herself, and this was just the first step. That's it, I'll help her with whatever she needs until she doesn't need it anymore! He swore this to himself as she plopped down in the middle of the bathroom floor, an evil little smirk on her face, like she was enjoying this whole little situation. "Make sure you apply it evenly. If it's blotchy, I'll kill you." She said this as she flashed the trans-circle on her palm. He had noticed it a few days ago while she was still unconscious and had gone to the library that night to look it up. Seemed to be a special circle dealing with electricity, but was rare and had little information on it. It was most likely dangerous though, especially with that last little bit about killing him. He scratched his own palm, wondering if she'd seen his own circle there.

Black began applying the die into Saga's hair, being extra careful to apply it nice and evenly. The mere thought of the beauty she'll convey with pink hair excited Jet to no end, pushing him to do his best. Most people would be surprised at his carefulness and soft touch, as they should be. You wouldn't think a 6'3" man with well toned muscles to have soft hands and a light touch, right? He could thank his piano lessons for that. One of the first things he had learned was that light hands created beautiful music, and he had mastered the art of light hands. He wondered if he'd ever get to show this pretty young woman his wondrous talent. That was when he realized something...HE STILL DIDN'T KNOW HER NAME!!! They'd been together for over half an hour now and he still hadn't asked for her name! Suddenly as if by coincidence, several names popped into his head. Hmmmm, Chelsea? Noooo, she looks more like a Nicole. Or maybe Kelly. I've always liked Meghan. Perhaps Anne or Lynn? WAIT! Of course, she's a Breanna! Then like a freight train a thought slammed him in the brain. She wasn't Cretan! None of those names would work! DAMN! Awe man, and that name would have worked so well. He thought, frowning from his failure. He was extremely sad for that moment. Only for a moment though, as he decided he would just ask her now! Brilliant idea right? Jet then suddenly burst out "Sooooooo... Beautiful weather huh?" You idiot! That's not what you wanted to ask, he thought to himself as he blushed bright red, trying to hide his face from the mirrors in front of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 8:00 pm

This was how all men acted around her. Saga wasn't the least surprised when he obeyed every whim and command of hers. It would be so easy to kill him and strip his wallet, but they were in a hospital. Also...she was sure she would feel guilty from this one. His hands weren't creeping up her grown or casually brushing her cold, pearly skin. Instead he kept his gentlemanly distance and was cautious in his movements. She was watching, she should know of course. Sharp cerulean eyes captured each gesture--every flicker of eye movement, each twitch of thought. He had saved her life so why was he trying to do more for her? She watched the half reflection of him turning her hair a pale mixture of weird-smelling bubbles. Her natural hair was being tainted...like her soul. She could see the color: vague splashes of red just barely there. Her eyes struggled to focus and it hurt just slightly. She found herself liking the ability to see if only a little color in her hair. Despite it was something she hated, she still had the knowledge to advert it. She knew it wasn't red, therefore it couldn't be something she hated. This thought alone brought a ghost of a smile to her pale lips.

Eight stitched holes were throughout her body including a few broken bones. They now were leaking a pale crimson liquid... She saw that in the mirror too--just barely. The last thing she remembered was being eaten by a giant gust of wind. Everything had been spinning--spinning her into oblivion. She was going to die, bleed to death, and be eaten by the wind. Somehow she had survived and she didn't know how. Saga was not sure if she wanted to know. In Cretan, her name meant something different than it did in Aerugese. She had learned this during her time in Central City, Amestris. Her name in her first language meant 'one's nature' or 'one's destiny'. Saga believed that her mother had intended her to live for her sake. She looked...just like her Amestrian mother. So that was why...she had gotten this name. But...in Cretan it meant a story--a long story of heroic exploits or a legend. She was nothing of the sort. She was just a girl trying to survive on her own in a hateful city just a bit better than Aerugo. After her adopted parents had moved her to Amestris, for some reason she could never leave. She felt safer here. Even though her father was dead...he had still had once existed in Aerugo and never had been here. Thus, this place was better. Much better.

She listened to Jet's random banter and blinked a few times at herself in the mirror before her eyes met his through the reflective, silverly surface. She laughed. He was trying to flirt with her. Or possibly just make conversation. Was the silence that awkward that he had to say something like that? About the weather...really? She stopped laughing and sighed. It was time to try the mind-reading trick. All men were nearly the same when faced with her strange mysteries and behavior. She had learned this over the years at the street corner. "If you're trying to ask what my name is, Jethro Black, it is Tsukino Saga or Saga Tsukino. It's a pleasure. And if you haven't noticed, there are no windows in a bathroom. How could we possibly be affected by any weather?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:30 am

He saw her watching his every move, almost like a predator watching its prey. The mere thought of this beautiful woman in front of Jet being anything dangerous was proposterous, at first. Those eyes though... Jet had always been told ever since he was a child that he was great at reading people just from a single look. Yet when he met this woman he was greeted with a brick wall, her personality, emotions, past, all of it, completely hidden, though a few moments brought them out. When Jethro looked into her eyes as he dyed her hair, he saw something. In those eyes he saw what he had seen in his own for a long, long time. It could only be described by one word; pain. Pain much deeper than the severe wounds now bleeding slightly could produce, no these wounds seemed to puncture her very soul.

Those beautiful blue eyes were concentrated on his movements, yet off in another world at the same time. He wondered what had really happened to cause that much pain, maybe she understood how he was. Although he was fun, silly and gentlemenly by nature, he still had a wall of his own protecting him at all times, and for that split second he let the wall fall to pieces looking into those blue eyes. He couldn't help it, some things were just that way...

Constantly he worried of the well-being of others, mostly his closest friend and brother in bond Cironis. That man had helped Black get through the pain of losing his master, which only cut open old wounds with his family. If anything happened to him, he wouldn't know what to do. He may be strong, and he may be courageous, but no amount of strength or courage will bring back the ones he loved, and he realized this with Ci's help. Because of this, he renewed his vowes as a knight, swearing to protect all of those who needed it, weak or strong, old or young, man or woman, he would fight with every breath he had to defend the innocent, and most of all those he loved. He had failed to do that twice, and no matter what he would not allow it to happen again.

He shaked the sadness away as she began laughing as his weather comment. Well, it made her laugh, that's always a good sign, he thought to himself as he smiled his big goofy grin in response. "If you're trying to ask what my name is, Jethro Black, it is Tsukino Saga or Saga Tsukino. It's a pleasure. And if you haven't noticed, there are no windows in a bathroom. How could we possibly be affected by any weather?" was her reply to his pathetic attempt at flirting and asking her name. Had it worked? Perhaps, he would soon find out. Jet laughed loudly, his laughter echoing in the empty and hollow bathroom. "Saga," he said as if comtemplating it. "Indeed that is a fit name for such a beautiful young woman such as yourself. Please, call me Jet," he contintued with a smile. "Right, well I believe that would be a fail," Jet said with a chuckle, looking her straight in the eyes. All this while he hadn't once stopped the slow and steady process of turning her snow white hair to a light pink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 9:28 pm

"All men fail at first," her devious smirk increased to a sly quirk of pallid lips, "but not to worry, I won't hold your lack of composition against you." Her eyes which had been focused intently on the mirrors dropped to the pristine tiles in which she sat. Tracing un-callused fingers against the grey surface, she came to the plaster in between and raised her eyes like a shy fox that was always plotting how to get the best out of any situation. Well, she was stuck in a rut this time around. There was no where she could move right away especially while Reila thought she was dead. Maybe it was better that way. Saga was undergoing major change in not just her appearance, but in her mind, and she had to adapt to it quickly. She was also out of work for a while... And there was no one she could depend on.

Her sharp eyes raised back to the mirrors and she felt a sigh escape her lips again. That hair dye really smelled weird and it burned her scalp. She decided right then and there that should would never let her roots grow in. This was her new natural color. Everyone about her was no longer colorless. She was sure her eyes stood out less now... And that Amestrian blue color that she acquired from her mother would no longer be seen as strange. Her hair was now strange...but she was also sure that her nighttime exploits would increase because of this eye-catching add-on. Still, she was alone. Even when she thought she wouldn't be, she ended up feeling more alone in the end. Orion should fall from the sky. Who needed stars or pizza or...anything else. She clenched her fist and the second that Jet's hand finished, she shot to her feet and shimmied over to the sink, staring closer in the mirror. It was a change...and it looked like she had snakes on her head. Saga frowned.

"Why are you doing all this?" She asked flat-out. She wasn't the kind of girl that tip-toed around what she wanted to know. Honestly, Saga didn't care whether her question hurt him or not; it was essential to know. Depending on his answer, she would decide whether or not he was worthy of her company. But...he had bought her this change and helped her mold it. She tapped her bare foot and leaned an elbow on the ivory sink, feeling the cold surface lap at her skin. A shiver slipped down her spine and she pulled away, spinning around to eye the large man who was still where she left him. Her frown increased and she dunked her head in the sink, washing the dye crap out and applying conditioner. She left that in for a few minutes, playing with the tinged tips of her hair, and then washed it out. As she wrung her hair out, she studied the flecks of red color in the mirror. It was too hard to distinguish. She let the wet strands go, falling halfway down the backs of her thighs.

"How does it look?" She inquired sheepishly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:27 am

Jet watched the beautiful woman in front of him transform. Things in life were rarely as they seemed, and the colors black and white seemed much to far off to fit. The girl Black had just learned to be Saga was no exception. She was in the middle of a transformation that would change everything she knew about herself, that much was apparent. Something life altering must have happened in the course of the last few days, a metamorphosis of sorts. In her mind there seemed to be an immense internal struggle ensuing, though she covered it well. If not for Jet's deep understanding of pain, he probably wouldn't have noticed it in her body language, her eyes, the way she talked. It was strange to see this side of her, but it was somewhat comforting. She wasn't just cold and complacent, she has a softer side and he could see it, just barely. It made him smile, a soft and happy smile.

As soon as he finished dying her hair she jumped up to the sink and mirrors, admiring his work before she began completing the process with washing and conditioning. It was strange to be watching it instead of being the one doing it. The whole thing reminded him of when he dyed his hair blonde when he first came to Amestris after his family was brutally persecuted. That was a long time ago, but it felt like it could have happened yesterday. Harsh memories... She seemed mad about the hair, but most likely it seemed she was simply taking out frustration from the big changes. Would make sense, not all changes are easy, especially life altering ones. Saga seemed to accept her new self rather quickly, a calming thought to Jethro. He had this gut feeling he'd help her through every step of it. Then she asked the question, why was he doing all this. What drove him to help her?

This question had been burning away at him ever since she had flown at him several days ago, after he had saved her life. Of course as a good human being he felt compelled to save her life like any good knight would. Helping her out afterwards however still puzzled him. How could he tell her the thoughts that were running through his head? That he believed they hadn't met by chance? He was her protector, the one to help lead her down her new path. Does she even believe these kinds of things? It made him wonder... "Saga, I have been raised to be a knight in shining armor, to hold honor and valor, courage and bravery, above all else. I'm sure you've heard tales of gallant men riding on horses, fighting dragons and saving damsels in distress. I was born and raised to be a man like that, and it's these principles that guided me to save you, and to stay by your side now. I see the struggle you're going through, the dramatic change that's altering your life. You need someone by your side, and I'm here for you."

Jethro smiled as he finished his statement, hoping that it would suffice. He'd grown attached to the young woman for the past few days, he didn't want to let go of that attachment, not yet anyways. "How does it look?" she asked sheepishly. He looked straight into her eyes and grinned, "It looks beautiful Saga, a wonderful start to something new."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:12 am

Saga wished she had a calender so she could check that she wasn't somehow blown five hundred million decades back to the middle ages. She was picturing a strong, burly man on a white stead with black armor, a lance, and a helmet with a red tassel waving off the top in the strong winds of valor. She clapped a hand hard into her forehead and fell to her knees in front of the sink. She couldn't hold back the string of laughter that erupted from her...and it wasn't like she wanted to anyway. What a pathetic man. Was he still a toddler at heart, reading fairy tales and galloping through fiction? She shook her head and removed her hand that had been dripped on by her knotted hair. Shaking it out, she waltzed over to the man and leaned in close to his face, vaguely taking in his scent. Sharp blue eyes focused cruelly on him and a sharp smirk quirked onto her lips. "Heh heh heh," came bitter laughter dripping amusement, "you think you're a knight in shining armor? Pathetic. Where are your dragons now, huh?" She backed away and crossed her arms, wincing slightly as she jarred a few sets of stitches. "Unless you prefer to engage tornadoes?" Saga rolled her eyes and allowed her glare to intensify now that she was out of arm's reach. She wouldn't stand a chance against him with her body in this state...

"What struggle? You don't even know me. You have no idea what I do or why I have so many goddamned stitches to begin with," she hissed, "I don't need anyone by my side and certainly not a pep talk from you." Invisible steam billowed from her and she began picking up the trash from the hair dye and tossed it in the trash violently. UGH! She just wanted to get the hell out of here and storm out... But she was stuck here and he was pulling at her. She didn't need to deal with this shit now. It was too much. Too much right now! Goddammit. She felt tears gather in her eyes and she slammed her fist into the paper towel dispenser, shattering a gaping hole into the plastic. And yet again, she fell to her knees. Weakness was overtaking her and sapping her ability to remain standing. Her mind was reaming with emotion and buried her face in her hands. It was too much. It hurt. Everything hurt. Where was Ike? She had thought...that it might have been something... The painkillers were wearing off and she was beginning to feel the mistakes of working out her tight muscles. Mistakes...pain...regret...betrayal. She squeezed her eyes shut and bit back sobs as she pulled down the top of her hospital gown, letting it fall to the tie around her slender waist. This rather quick act revealed constricted white bandages wrapped from her shoulders all the way down to where the gown started again. Their tightness pushed her breasts firmly against her chest and pulled at the various stitches all over her. It was hot. She was already sweating from her emotional outburst--the generation of tears hidden behind her dripping hair and lowered face. The removal of the top of her gown did not help relieve her of the pain or of the sudden flash of heat that was wracking her body. She began to feel dizzy and grabbed at the ground to try and balance out her equilibrium. Her breaths came as ragged breaths silenced by the distance between them. She knew she was going under, but resisted and threw herself unsteadily to her feet.

"Th--" she began breathlessly, "Thank you for your compliment, Sir Black, But...but take me back now. Please," she added bitterly, raising glacial cerulean eyes that weren't streaked with any evidence that she had cried at all. "I need more painkillers..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 am

Jethro Black was dumbfounded beyond all belief. Just when he thought he may be getting through to her, she struck back, hard. It was a low blow, though to be perfectly honest he'd heard it more than once and had gotten used to such comments. He was a knight, warrior of honor and valor, nothing more and nothing less. It was who he was, and sometimes people made fun of him for it. A proverb came to mind after she "lectured" him on his inferiority, something along the lines of "People fear what they do not understand." Well then, he'd just have to conquer that fear, for he did not understand this young woman standing before him, beating the paper towel dispenser. She did so with a ferocity unbecoming of her, as if somehow Jet had struck a chord he should not have.

Regret filled General Black as he realized what he had done. He had invaded her privacy, perhaps even damaged her pride. He should not have said those things, now he felt like a fool. Before he could fully process the weight of what had just happened however, Saga fell to her knees, her gown falling to her waist tie. She had bandages, so Jet could not see anything even if he had been looking, but all he could do is stare into those once stunning blue eyes, now filled with pain, anguish, and the most surprising thing of all...fear. She let her head fall down, her boding shaking as if barely holding herself together. Perhaps that's what was truely happening on the inside. He wouldn't know, nor would he ask. He knew it better to just leave things alone for now, no need to make matters worse.

Suddenly Saga rose to her feat, her body language screaming the pain it was in. "Thank you for your compliment, Sir Black, But...but take me back now. Please," she said, her breathing obviously labored and her several wounds bleeding profusely. "I need more painkillers..." she continued, her voice shakey and her legs barely keeping her standing. "Of course my lady, let me help," Black said as he rushed forward, picking her up. He noticed her body was even lighter than before, which troubled him. All of that seemed distant now though as he rushed out, taking her to her room a few doors down. To his amazement not a single staff member even noticed him carrying her down the hall. This confused him, but he shook that off as he set her down on her bed as softly as he could, which was pretty damn soft. He found the line that connected the painkillers and attached it to the syringe in her arm, unsynching the clamp to let the drugs flow into her body like they should have been this whole time.

While the painkillers slowly did their magic, Jethro sank into the chair next to the bed with a sigh. He looked at her as she took in the medication, seeing the pain that was etched in her features begin to ebb away. He smiled again, hoping she would soon be feeling better. He thought of the scene in the bathroom, the things she'd said to him. Normally he would be furious, but for some reason it didn't phase him at all. It was almost as if he didn't care that she had just insulted is very livelyhood and all the things he stood for. Yet in perspective he really didn't, all he could think about was whether she would be ok. As his mind wandered, so did his eyes. He looked out the window, the sun beginning to set. It was beautiful, breath-taking even. The best he'd seen in a long, long time. 'Things are looking up Jet, just you wait and see,' he thought to himself as he stared out at the sun as it fell below the distant hills, the reds and yellows and purples in the sky more captivating than ever before.

He looked back at Saga, happy to be here for her. Even if she denied she needed it, he would do so anyways. He didn't wan't to let go of her, and now he felt somehow that they were just a little bit closer. This thought made him smile as he looked out the door to the small lobby just outside her room. What caught his eye made him grin from ear to ear. Most of the hospital on this floor was empty for the time being, most patients not critical enough to deserve this treatment center. This made what Jet was about to do that much better, as what he had seen in the lobby was a grand piano, and god was it gorgeous. Jet walked forward and ran his hands across the side of the piano, a feeling of safety washing over him. When he was around these sorts of things, he felt at home. Jet sat in the bench in front of the beautiful instrument, his hands and fingers extending out to the keys. As if by a single thought, his hands formed a shape on the black and white, slowly putting weight onto them, the first chord lightly sounding from the inside of the piano. Thus he began the most breath-taking piece you could have ever heard. Jet had learned it but a few years back, during his final years of training in North City. He'd fallen in love with the song, and it was his absolute favorite. The passion it conveyed was beyond comprehension, the music speaking in a way no human being could ever put into simple words. Jet put all of his heart and soul into playing no matter what, and this was no exception. He played the entire song with his eyes closed, deep in concentration. Not only thinking about the song and how it should be played, but the meaning behind it and the beauty it thrust forward. All of his being was concentrated into playing this single song, his emotions, his passion, his entirety filling the song as if it came from his very soul. As he finished the piece with one final, resonating chord, his hands fell from the piano, a single tear running down his face. Perfection...

Jet wiped away the tear and regained his composure, walking back into Saga's room. He took a seat in the chair once more and looked at her, serenity emanating from his entire being. If there was anything Jet loved more than playing music, it was the calmness that came from battle. "So did you like it?" Jet asked, a bright smile on his face. Beneath that though, his mind was racing. The thought of battle had reminded him of the coming invasion from Creta, and the dangers it posed not only to the country he served and the men and women he called family, but his new friend Saga as well. It brought sadness to Jet's heart to think of the tremendous loss this imminent war would bring. Would he survive to see her again? He worried about this the most. He'd finally found a girl he could truly be himself with, and now he had to go off to war. His smile faded as this crossed his mind, his eyes falling to the floor as despair gripped him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Life was a blur. Life was always a sweet, sweet blur of uncertainty. How had she gotten back in her bed? Why was the jagged buzzing lessening and her thoughts growing clearer? She couldn't quite catch up with all that had transpired, but Saga knew that man had carried her here. Her thoughts were becoming hazy once more as the effect of the drugs began to play with her, taking the pain and tossing it out the window. It was just as she was drifting off that she began to hear something soft. It gradually grew in volume as she focused her energy on it. ...was that piano? In a hospital? Seriously? W-wait, she remembered seeing one on the way to the bathroom. So it was? "J-Jet?" She slurred weakly and slapped a hand on her sweaty forehead. Ugh. She shut her eyes again and let her arm fall back at her side, motionless. And so she listened--listened with all of her remaining strength until the end.

"So did you like it?" Saga snapped out of her dream of piano keys, burly men, knights in shining armor, and princesses atop buildings waiting to burst into ashes of nevermore.

"Beautiful," she whispered, not realizing that tears were slipping out of the corners of her eyes.

[EXIT THREAD]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down