Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Shula EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Shula EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Shula EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Shula EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Shula EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Shula EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Shula EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Shula EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Shula EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Shula EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Shula

Go down

Shula Empty Shula

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:43 am

A cup of tea was raised to her lips and Hild smiled as she drank. She looked out over her office, watching the doors that lead in carefully. So, there was to be another State Alchemist crowned today? She smiled softly, and pulled up the girl's file, looking at it carefully. Shula Brighton? Really? Hild beamed, and looked at the door again, far more excitedly than before.

One of her only friends, becoming a State Alchemist! So good... She smiled, and then leaned back in her chair, a satisfied smirk on her face. Wait, maybe she should read more in this girl's file... It was always a good idea. So, Shula Brighton was a 21 year old, stationed in Central HQ. That much she knew. Anyway... Hild read over the results of her State Alchemy exam. Good. Very good indeed. She put a finger onto the intercom, and spoke to her secretary.

"Claudia? Is Shula here yet?" As she waited for her secretary to reply, she checked the certificate and the watch were still in her drawer. The Ishvallan girl would be happy, she would be receiving a lovely title to go along with her Certification.

"Yes ma'am. She's here in the foyer. Shall I send her in?" Hild thought for a second, and closed the drawer quickly.

"Yes, please. Thank you." Hild's eye was now simply focussed on the doors before her. When would the girl be walking through them?

Back to top Go down

Shula Empty Re: Shula

Post by Shula Brighton Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:11 am

A soft, shaking breath escaped Shula's lips as she fidgeted, playing nervously with the hem of her uniform jacket. She was waiting in the foyer of the Fuhrer's office, waiting to be called in, and the anticipation was killing her. After years of studying, practicing, keeping herself up late nights, working and reworking circles, Shula had finally taken her state exams. It had been the test she'd been dreaming of and preparing herself for for what felt like half her life, what her brother had teased her with when she was younger.... The only question left was how well had she done.

Shula glanced nervously at Claudia at her desk, the office assistant seeming friendly enough, and making her wonder what she'd say. It was working hours, so she should probably address Hild as Fuhrer. She bit her lip. What if she flunked it? How many times could you retake it? Acra said he hadn't passed the first time, so at least one more go, right? Her thoughts were racing and she hadn't even realized she'd been holding her breath when the woman at the desk waved at her.

"Miss Brighton? The Fuhrer will see you now." Shula nearly jumped when she heard the woman's voice, stifling a nervous laugh as she stood up, heading for the Fuhrer's door. Straightening up and swallowing hard, Shula knocked softly before opening the door enough to poke her head through with a nervous blush.

"Sergeant Brighton reporting, Ma'am," Her voice was soft, excited and slightly terrified all at once as Shula stepped into the office, saluting the woman who ran the country.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:29 am

Hild stared blankly at Shula for a second or so. She had just called her ma'am. AND saluted. It didn't matter what she did outside or in public, but they were still friends! She sighed, and then stood up, picking up her trident and walking over to Shula, trying to look as menacing as a cute girl could.

"Call me ma'am again, and i'mma stab you." She poked her tongue out lightly at Shula, before giggling and giving the girl a quick and friendly hug.

"I have to be formal! But I can't! You're becoming a State Alchemist!" She couldn't hold in her smile, and stared at the girl's face.

"I'd better be straight up with you. Can't have you going around the rules, even if we are friends. I also need to make this look --ahem-- somewhat official..." She sighed, and straightened her clothes out. Alright, time to do this. She looked at Shula, before walking back to her desk.

"Please, take a seat. This shouldn't take too long." She reached down to the drawer beside her leg, and brought out the papers and the watch wit ha small smile. She then proceeded to hand it across the desk to Shula.

"Congratulations. You passed your State Alchemy Examination. Almost perfect score, too. You have been promoted to Major, and I think Spade will appreciate having another State Alchemist around to assist him. You will now be commonly referred to as 'Fire Dancer', which I find to be a beautiful name for your Alchemy." She smiled and waited for the girl's reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:21 am

The warm playfulness that sparkled in Hild's eye was enough to put the little Ishvallan at ease, and as she returned the hug she honestly felt loads better. Hild was Hild, and Fuhrer was still just the job. Shula's heart began to race even faster as her friend let the bomb drop; she was going to join the ranks of her brother and grandfather and great-grandfather and proudly bear the mark of State Alchemist.

Bright red eyes glittered with joy as Hild straightened her clothes and went back to her desk, asking Shula to have a seat. She could hardly contain herself she was shaking so hard with absolute joy. "I really did it...? It all paid off?" Shula listened carefully as Hild cleared her throat, her eyes widening and focusing on the shining watch and certificate as they were passed across the desk to her.

Small trembling fingers reached out to accept the items, tracing over the dragon as she'd done so many times when when was little. It felt so different to her now that the watch was her own that she was touching. Oh, she was just tingling "Fire Dancer.... Thank you..." Her brain was in overdrive, loving her new name, so much better than she was afraid she'd get. A hand reached up to her cheek, her palm brushing at her eye as a few immensely happy tears brimmed and threatened to spill and ruin her makeup. Instead, she did the only thing she could think to do; she giggled, until that giggle became a bright, happy laugh with a thrilled squeal of pure joy.

"teşekkür ederim... My God, Hild... Thank you! I'm so happy I could die!"
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:26 am

Hild cleared her throat softly. Now for the official side of things.

"Don't die on us yet, Shula. We haven't even put you to work!" Anyway... witty comment over, she returned to her thoughts, preparing to give a proper speech to this excited girl. Then again, who wouldn't be excited to find out that they were a highly-ranked and respected Military officer?

"Alright, calm down for a 'sec. There are a few things you need to know... rules, of sorts.

Firstly, you must obey the Military - namely me. You have your superior officer, but my word is above her's in all instances. If I require you to fight here in Central, or move to the South, you will do so without hesitation, without question. If I, god forbid,"
The girl shuddered slightly at this part, "ask you to kill any one of the other members of Central for treason, you will not hesitate.

Next, you must refrain from creating gold. It is a matter of the balance of Amestris and it's citizens. We cannot have every Alchemist richer than the richest without trying. It kills the balance.

Finally, no human creation. You know what I mean - human transmutation is, and always will be, forbidden. If you are discovered with some form of human transmutation, you will not only be stripped of your rank, but courtmartialed as well. Be forewarned."
She nodded, and hoped that Shula would understand. She slipped out the Niveus Corax CD that she'd purchased from the concert, and slipped it into the music player in her desk, the beat beginning to play from hidden speakers. Oh, how she loved this desk. Oh, almost forgot.

"Today is the 9th of February. Every year, on this date, you will be required to show me that you have been using your research time wisely. If not, you will be stripped of this rank also." She pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled a short note to herself. Gotta remember to get Claudia to put that into the system when she finished up today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Shula calmed herself, listening carefully to Hild explain the rules that came with her new rank and position. Of course she already knew these terms and conditions; they'd been explained to her before by both her grandfather and brother back when he was studying still. But hearing it growing up was different than being told it by the Fuhrer herself and it now actually applying to her, her job and everything she did. It was all so exciting, and made her feel very much alive, like this was the moment that truly defined her life as her own.

As Hild explained what was expected of her, Shula let it all soak in. Now that she was a State Alchemist, she'd be expected to do more than her mountains of paperwork and periodically being shipped out to inspect living arrangements and make judgment calls about shipping soldiers and their families to new areas. Now she'd be asked to go on missions for whatever was needed, even if it didn't pertain to her particular department, and in this case be and do whatever it was the Fuhrer needed of her. Shula shared Hild's discomfort at the idea of anyone committing treason or worse, having to fire against them... Swallowing her uneasiness, Shula nodded, agreeing to what felt like the weightiest of the three conditions.

No making gold. Probably the most sensible thing the Military had ever said, and it really was for everybody's benefit. She'd heard all about ancient experiments to turn lead and other worthless metals into gold, and even a few successful ones about turning copper to silver and then that silver into minute amounts of gold, but the effort it took to get from point A tot point B in the end meant you were working for less than free and that the gold you got in return were such small amounts that you'd go broke doing it. Though I do wonder if there's a rule against turning gold into lead and reversing the process.... That could be fun!

Her attention tuned back to her friend as she was given the final condition of not performing human transmutation in any way, shape or form at all, EVER. She'd seen this one over and over, the rule not to do it. That the consequences were unfathomable, that the results were horrifying... Yet every time she'd ever asked "What happens?" it was met with an odd sideways glance and being told not to ask anymore. She figured someone knew, otherwise they wouldn't have it posted as forbidden everywhere not to do it, and she just wanted to know. Oh well... I guess some questions aren't meant to be answered... Finally her smile returned in full with a warm, playful giggle.

"Oh darn, I guess that means I'll have to rule the world on cupcakes alone!" Shula laughed again, smiling brightly at her friend, already wondering what she would do for her first experiment next year, the steady beat and baseline from the CD shooing the last of her worries away. "Don't worry, Hild... I won't let you down!"
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:24 pm

"Better not. I may not be intimidating, but my brother..." She smiled softly, and poked her tongue out at Shula, before standing up and looking out of the window, hands behind her back - trying to look semi-dramatic and all that. It wasn't working, but hey. She could at least try...

Hild sighted softly, and tried to think of anything else that she had to say. She was... pretty sure that there wasn't anything that she had to say, but she could be wrong. She put a finger on her chin, trying to think of something, anything, that she could say that would keep her friend here under "work" pretenses. But there was nothing. Ah, well, she probably shouldn't keep Shula for too much longer. She smiled briefly, and then turned to the girl with a nod.

"Alright, that's all I need you for today, Shula. We should get together sometime, I need something to do this weekend - I think Aurel's going on one of his... rampages." She giggled, and then sat in her chair, before pressing a button on the intercom on her desk.

"Claudia, make sure that Shula gets back to her office just fine." She smiled at the girl from behind an eyepatch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down