Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Taking Care Of Business EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Taking Care Of Business EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Taking Care Of Business EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Taking Care Of Business EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Taking Care Of Business EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Taking Care Of Business EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Taking Care Of Business EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Taking Care Of Business EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Taking Care Of Business EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Taking Care Of Business EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Taking Care Of Business

Go down

Taking Care Of Business Empty Taking Care Of Business

Post by Shula Brighton Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:32 am

The halls were busy, crowded as officers, soldiers, secretaries and personnel from every department came and went, everything from running memos and errands to pestering other officers for things that were missing. And in the apparent zoo that was Central HQ, Shula had concluded they could hide missing people right there and nobody would ever know or find them. Especially in my office, Shula thought, a massive stack of papers and files filling her small arms. This stack was what she'd collected from three other offices, their runners too busy to bring them to her and told her just to come get them herself. These needed to go back to her office, be sorted, approved or denied, sorted again, and eventually put where they needed to be.... only to be lost or argued all over again. Shula was very glad she took great pride and satisfaction in her job otherwise she was sure she'd lose her MIND.

But before she could do any of that, Shula had to drop all of these off in her office and retrieve the ones that had been finished and just needed final approval. She'd already called in to the various heads and defense offices at the bases out west and up north to find their needs and select the qualified soldiers needing to be sent there and the ones scrambling to get the hell away from those bases on the reverse end of things. It was so sad that they were at war and needed so much from their soldiers and alchemists, and she hated having to fill out the papers denying taking the soldiers away from the danger. But these were times of great need, and now more than ever everyone was being asked a lot of themselves to help.

Shula sighed, putting down the immense stack of papers onto the side of her desk (which she was certain was made just of stacks of paper and didn't have any wood anywhere at all) and picked up the files needing final approval and headed back out of the room as an older man waved her down, stopping her as his large hand clapped onto her shoulder. "Brighton! There you are! Before you leave, take these to Takado's office with since you're going there anyway, and take theeeeese to Aeries' office, won't you for me? Thank you. Shula squeaked under the pressure of the immense stacks added to the ones she was already carrying, unable to object to the higher-ranking officer's request to delivering but frowning at the sweet, patronizing tones in his voice.

I'm not your granddaughter and I'm NOT your dog to play fetch, she thought as she shuffled back out into the throng, trying to make her way to Takado's office. She'd only started there the day before yesterday and was already in deeper than she'd been warned and wondered if anyone had even done the job she'd been sent to take over. She shuffled around the people and tapped on Takado's office door with a free knuckle, worming her fingers around the knob. "Takado, Sir? If you have a moment..."
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Taking Care Of Business Empty Re: Taking Care Of Business

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:44 am

The busy hustling and bustling on Central Command was something Ryu had grown to love over the years. It was more of a fondness than a love and the only reason he enjoyed it was because the attention was not constantly on him. While one might think Ryuichi enjoyed the spotlight, when it came to work he was constantly weary of getting into trouble. But he was reassured that as long as Central HQ was in constant disarray there was little chance that such a thing would occur. Another benefit of the business of the place was that many people needed to talk to Ryuichi; something he loved. When people lower than him had to request for him to sign things it gave him that ever-present need of superiority. He enjoyed watching the lower rank officers squirm nervously as they spoke to him and often begged for his signature. It caused his ego to well up and his head to soar in the clouds; he had a sickness for climbing the ranks.

Ryuichi was sitting at his desk with his arms folded over his chest casually; simply relaxing for once. He knew it was only a matter of time before a lower officer came in with a request or a higher up with an order. Either way, the fact that they had to come to his office would make him feel important. After an hour of waiting, Ryu lazily places his feet on top of his desk and cranes his neck back to stare blankly up at the ceiling. While the world outside of his office was insanely busy, inside those mahogany doors he could find solitude and peace. Ryu's relationship with the military was bittersweet, with him occasionally loving the place and occasionally hating it just as much. But that was a thin line left to be analyzed at a later moment.

A knock on his door did not cause Ryu to move, not even the slightest centimeter. His well rehearsed voice smoothly slips past his thin lips as he speaks, "Come in." As the door opens, he remains still as stone as his mind registers that is was a lower ranking officer. It was difficult to keep the smug smirk off of his lips and his eyes flutter shut; he looked absolutely perfect and at home in front of his desk. The aura that radiated off of him was almost as intimidating as the tone of his voice. When he spoke it was eerie, but tranquil and seductive to a certain extent. "What do you need?" The Sergeant asks, not a single ounce of curiosity or urgency in his voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:44 am

Shifting the balance of papers and folders in her arms, Shula managed the door open and caught the stacks long enough to salute the sergeant that was half-laying behind his desk. Really... Did NOBODY on this floor WORK? She repressed her frustrated sigh, waiting for the returned gesture before lifting her knee to artfully catch the bundle as she began to separate the stacks with a practiced arm. This had been her job for the better part of the last three years and she'd gotten very good at handling this kind of chaos, and, God help her, she WOULD tame that room full of abandoned paperwork if it killed her!!

"Brighton, Sir. From the AGC department I come bearing gifts," she joked quietly, pulling off the first several folders all full and neatly bound with rubber bands and clips, each separated by colored sticky notes. "I just started in there Thursday, Sir, but these were the most urgent ones and need a signature for final approval. I've already called and cleared things with the offices they pertain to... These ones are the soldiers being moved to North HQ and Fort Briggs, these are shuffling soldiers between the bases and these.... are from the head of my department, requesting second officer's approval to deploy another fleet out west."

Shula sighed faintly, glad at the lightened load in her arms as she sorted the various stacks of paperwork for the sergeant neatly on the corner of his desk.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:56 am

Ryuichi swings his feet down from his desk in one fluid motion and was sitting up like a normal person once again. He quirks an eyebrow at her and listens as she rambles on and on. Personally he felt as if she were speaking far too much, Ryu was the type to keep it brief. Yawning, he stands up gracefully and crosses the floor to stand right before Shula. He smirks slightly as he notices the height difference from up close, staring down at her with an intrigued glint in his eye. "While the information you present is interesting, learn to present it in shorter sentences, dear." He whisks the folders out of her hand and flip through them with a blank expression. Ryu seemed apathetic about the actual military situation and more interested in the interaction between himself and the other officer. For him, the military was more of a game than it was a place of business.

"We had better go see Spade about this," Ryu admits reluctantly. He begins to walk out of the room with haste, but stops suddenly and whirls around on his heels. "You're coming too." Was all he said before ruthlessly latching onto Shula's arm and dragging her along with him. It was obvious the Sergeant had no problem with invading another person's space, nor did he have a problem with ordering someone around. The fact that he had to go to someone else regarding this issue made him uneasy though; he preferred it when he could handle things on his own. Having to plead to someone else for help made him feel lowly; a feeling he despised more than any other.

He knocks on Spade's door with a slight sense of urgency behind the action, but his face was like stone. No one would be able to tell what was going on in his mind, simply because he liked it that way. At this point in time the only power he had was to have people guessing about his actions and what thoughts drove him to perform such actions. "Sir?" Ryuichi calls out, the word coming out of his mouth with venom attached to it. Addressing higher officials with respect made him sick, but he was fantastic at feigning admiration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:39 am

Bring in the military the last few years had done wonders to bring Shula out of her shell a bit. While she'd always been rather unafraid of life, how to interact with people was another matter entirely, and was still a very new thing to her, considering thirteen years of her life were trapped in a large house where she wasn't allowed outside or to interact with other children than her older brother. Shaking hands and informal (but slowly approached) hugs she was getting used to, and she understood that polite cheek kisses were still in use, even though she'd never been given that occasion.

But to just be....grabbed... like that, and by another sergeant! Mahogany eyes widened like saucers, her cheeks flushing brightly as she was yanked out of the office and briskly pulled behind him to further down the massive hall of offices to find Spade's office. She'd been planning on delivering these files to him anyway, but she'd only met her new boss once or twice since the day before when she started...

".....W-While I appreciate the tour, I'd appreciate it more if you let go of me...' As Sergeant Takada knocked on Spade's door, Shula wrested her wrist free, straightening her jacket as she mentally smoothed her nerves and waited for them both to be invited in.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Central HQ, the main outlet for the entire country Amestris. It had been a while since Vanity had seen this unbelievable site. The grand stone walls that seemed to go on for miles in either direction. Step by step she went up the cement stairs, as she progresses towards her objective for the day. In the back of her mind she couldn't help but think about the future. The French Revolution pops into her mind as she ascends up the grand staircase. Soon enough, Central HQ would be stormed by opponents. Just like the Storming of the Bastille was years and years prior. There would soon be a vicious battles, with blood oozing in all directions. Painting this landmark a crimson red, staining the prestige white walls with the torment and horror. Blood had been spilt previously on these stairs that Vanity was walking up; however, what lied ahead was far more than anything that had happen in the past.

Her seductive lips were proud as she marches up the stairs into Central. She knew for a fact nothing would get in her way today. Yes, Central was filled with soldiers of all ranks and classes, but that wouldn't stop the homunculi. The first floor was easy to get by, she just held her head high and storms through every defense easily. Men were drooling from the young woman, distracted by her elegances and grace. She wore a tight fitting lavender dress, with a corset pulled snug around her torso. Vanity's blonde locks fell down her shoulders, exemplifying her collar bones seductively. It was a no brainer how she could easily slide by the first floor guards. The second floor was just as easy passed due to the elevator operator admiration of the young lady. It was just him and her in that elevator, and she took full advantage of the situation. The moment she stepped foot into that tiny box, the two made eye contact. Vanity batted her eyes and bit her lower lip playfully. Sweat beads drop from the attendants brow, and his knees became weak from her presences. She requests to be taken to third floor immediately, and he does so without hesitation. The moment the doors open, she quickly steps out. Just before the doors shut, Vanity blows a kiss into the elevator and waves goodbye. The doors shut, and the man falls to the ground, flat. Her kiss was toxic, paralyzing the poor man on the spot.

Vanity flaunts down the hallway, and quickly spots two people racing towards another persons door. A Sergeant and an officer, how quant. Her delicious scent would eventually reach the two before they caught a glimpse of her down the hallway. Takado was the man, but she didn't have a clue who the woman was. Nonetheless, it was Takado who she really needed to speak with.

"Oh my, I'm terribly sorry!" Vanity calls out down the hallway. "It seems that you are busy Sergeant Takado, but I do need to speak with you when you get the chance." She waited for him to take the bait, because she knew very well if he didn't... Spades would. Vanity travels down the luxurious hall, keeping a firm eye contact with the Sergeant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Vanity's luxurious scent hit Ryu's face like a train crashing full on into a stone wall. He instantly regretted allowing his expression to show that he knew she was there; for his eyes widened the moment he smelled her. His amethyst eyes travel along the hall until he spots her at the other end. Instantly he found himself entranced in some sort of spell, unable to keep his eyes off of the gorgeous creature before him. Ryuichi was well aware that he was meant to be this attracted to her, but even so he could not restrain his stare. He bites his lip and closes his eyes before sparing a glance at the female officer beside him. 'Foolish me, I had almost forgotten about her,' he thinks to himself before giving Shula a brilliant smile of sparkling white teeth.

"Ah, Shula, right? Go right on in. I have other business to handle. I will be there later on. Spade will surely understand," he says in a persuasive tone of voice. Ryu, for a more dramatic effect, leans in and places a kiss on her cheek. While this sort of greeting was normal in Central HQ, the amount of force he put behind the action showed something more than just a simple goodbye. The Sergeant was proving to be quite the seductive creature himself, but he was doing this on purpose. As for Vanity, he could not tell if she did the things she did purposefully or because she could not help it.

His full attention snaps back to the female walking towards him as he finishes his overly done goodbye to the officer he had just barely met. "I must say, I always love it when a beautiful woman says she needs to speak with me." Ryuichi's slender body bends over in a graceful and fluid movement as he bows to Vanity. Standing straight once more he closes the gap between them and quirks an eyebrow at her curiously. "So, do lead the way m'dear. Wherever you prefer to speak. My office is just down the hall, but your preferences are what I desire to meet." Ryu had his complete charming and flirtatious act going on now, trying to challenge how far the blonde female could go with her seductive attitude. This situation was suddenly nothing more than a game for Ryuichi, but if the woman truly did have important information for him then he was also genuinely intrigued.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:20 am

The thick smell of perfume wafted through the hall and blew up around Shula and Ryuichi as someone walked up behind them. Shula partially turned around as the tall woman addressed the other sergeant that was waiting with her at Spade's office door, and blinked, slightly puzzled. The woman was tall, and unquestionably beautiful... and very obviously not military personnel. Even if she were off duty, the woman had an air about her that dripped with "princess" more than "soldier," and she didn't seem to have any clearance badges on her.... How the hell did she get all the way up to the third floor? The Fuhrer was on this floor.... What if this lady was an assassin or something?!

Shula frowned softly as Ryuichi seemed completely lost in his own thoughts and the glamour of the woman's features. Then, finally, Takada seemed to remember for a brief moment that he wasn't alone in the hall and that they did have business to attend to when he flashed her a large, brilliant smile. Uh oh. After last week Shula was starting to think there was something about men flashing cheesy grins that needed to come with a warning label because the majority meant something other than what was being said. Oh for the LOVE of cheesecake, he's bailing on me to go flirt! I really AM the only person here that does any work! The petite sergeant was about to object to being ditched when the taller leaned down and graced her cheek with an appreciative kiss. At South HQ, she was used to that sort of gesture from her coworkers when she did things like cover their work without being asked, little favors or when she'd bring treats. But this one seemed.... oddly affectionate almost. Just a little more than what was called for. Light brown cheeks flushed darkly as Sgt. Takada stepped away and Shula shuffled closer to the door, resettling her files that she was delivering.

She shook her head a few times, shrugging off any lingering effects of his charms as she turned back to Spade's door. After all the years Aaron had warned her to stay away from men, she didn't see what her brother was so worried about. So far men were patronizing, cheesy, thought they were God's gift, or only wanted to hurt her. It was a wide spectrum of uselessness. Shula sighed, knocking on Spade's door once more. If Sergeant Takada was indisposed, she would simply have to deliver the requests and explain them herself.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 pm

The blonde stares down Ryuichi while he places a drawn out kiss on Shula's cheek. It was unnecessary in her eyes, and she believes he only did that to toy with the her. Vanity's lips tighten and she releases a small snicker. The homonculi was standing, patiently waiting for the Sergeant to get a move on. Any longer, and Vanity would have to deal with Spades. Spades wasn't someone Vanity could handle at this moment, because she knew her looks would be irresistible to him.

When Ryuichi finally gives her his full attention, she turns her head crooked while grimacing. It was about time! The homunculi reaches out and trails her finger down his broad chest, even stopping to twirl around one of his badges. "Now, now, let's go to your office Sergeant." Vanity lusciously positions her body close to his for a brief second before turning to stroll down towards his grand doorway.

Just as she turns around, she spots the other woman. The woman was carrying papers from head to toe, and it seems to have been a bit frustrating to Shula. To help with this frustration, Vanity 'accidently' bumps into the woman and causes the papers to scatter across the ground. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry!" Vanity smirks at the woman behind Ryuichi back, while sincerely apologizing for the incident. "I would stay and help, but I have business to take care of." Vanity shrugs her shoulders before turning to gaze back at her prey for the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:22 am

The sound of stacks of papers being scattered and snowing to the floor was unmistakable, and Shula could only watch as the beautiful young woman bumped into another office worker and scattered her load everywhere. Shula twitched, looking at the fake smile that seemed to just drip with sarcasm and saccharine. ...She did that on PURPOSE... Shula knocked on Spade's door again politely before turning to help the other woman, her own files tucked under her arm to keep them separated.

Shula glanced down with a sigh as the other sergeant was whisked away back to his office by his hormones. "Really.... are they all that useless around here..?" She grumbled a bit more, helping to hand the other woman all of hher scattered files as she tanked her repeatedly before walking off, leaving Shula once again very much alone in the hall. "Wonder if I should mention the fleet request for West City, Shula mused aloud as she waited a few minutes more, wondering if Spade was even in.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down