Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps...

Go down

The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... Empty The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps...

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:13 am

The loud shaking of a metal tin can could be heard in the frigid air of the icy wasteland. Rattling and humming was, even though loud, deafened by the almost endless snowing. Almost like an eternal blizzard of sorts. Never ceasing downwind of pure white crystals. Although beautiful, ever so deadly. The cold was so deadly, in fact, that it was toying with the ever so hot engine of a large aerocrat. It's oscillating rudders and blades whizzing in the wind as they struck the cold hard steel.

A man inside the tin can with an engine and blades which flew at great speeds faster than waling, sat alone, on a bench. Why a bench? This man should be sitting on a chair, a throne, or even a seat with padding. But no, this man just sat there, on a hard bench. No padding, no cushion, just a lain bench with cold steel rivets.

What would this thing be? why if it wasn't obvious, it was a helicopter. The blades rotating fast, the ground speeding by like it was never going to stop. But then, a man shouted towards Sonai, the only one in the back of the Copter, To get ready for they were landing. With a thud, the object, no helicopter, landed in the snow.

A door slid open, heaters still trained on Sonai. With a soft smile, he stared off at the door to Briggs, while he sat there, barely any movement on Sonai's part. He nodded to the men up front and they would leave as soon as someone showed their face to take him inside. They wanted to get away as fast as possible.

Back to top Go down

The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... Empty Re: The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps...

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:18 am

3 shadows could be seen emerging from the blizzard. All three of them seem to hold auto-mated weapons. The two on the side carrying high-powered rifles suited for cold conditions whereas the one in the middles seemed to hold pistol. Though not held with the sites down they were in position to be flung up into action. Why? Incase something funny was attempted. 3 gaurds would be mere childs play thus the two squadrons that remained hidden in the snow. All was procedure to keep Briggs safe.

The person in the middle dressed in full Military attire, long fur coat, scarf, fur hat and katana Walked up towards. Upon the shoulders were a familiar golden rank. Yeon-hwa?? Again! Her hands cupper over her scarf covered mouth and yelled something but was shut off by the roaring blizzard. Annoyed she lifted up her left hand and pointed towards Fort Briggs. What was this ordeal? That the two men that came with her would Proceed behind Sonai and Yeon-hwa as the two hidden squads moved stealthy with them.

Back to top Go down

The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps... Empty Re: The start of a beautiful friendship, perhaps...

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:35 am

A crackle, light and gentle. A foot step? yes, that's it, a foot step. From where? In front of him. Why? Well, someone was there to greet him of course. With out hesitation Sonai gripped the parchment paper in his hand and jumped out of the Helicopter that was mere moment's from taking off. He knelt down for an instant as the chopper lifted into the sky and disappeared behind a veil of white and was gone. The muffled voice from before that he only now realized, was attached to a woman who pointed towards Briggs. With a nod he started off.

Another crackle came just under the blizzard, almost as if the world skipped a beat just to let Sonai hear that one crackle. It came from a direction off from the three behind him. It must have been some sort of patrol or counter measure for protection. This was fine, however, Sonai would like to test the actual capability of these, measures and see if he would need to improve them, but he dare not until he met with the woman.

His steps were fast passed as he wanted out of the cold, and now. "Funny stuff" would be impossible even if he wanted because of the cold winter. He kept the parchment in one hand and his royal sword in the other. This tied him up so that he couldn't fight or even use alchemy. So he was a sitting duck, unless he had to fight.

A yell came from a door as he jogged a little and scooted just inside the door. His skimpy leather clothing barely able to keep him warm but he didn't care, he had bigger fish to fry pe-rsay. With a swift movement he turned to the woman who should have entered the door already and spoke in Xingeneese. If she spoke Amestrian or Drachman, he would pick up the dialect in a mater of min.s where if she spoke Xingineese he would just speak fully.

"Miss, I am here to see the commander of Fort Briggs. It is quite the place you have. Interesting weapons as well. Suited for the harsh snow I presume. So, tell me, Miss. What is your name, so that I may...cred...it...you...You strike me as Xingeneese, correct me if I'm wrong but are you?"

He asked with a curious nature. His hands clenching the two items never going to let them go as they may save his life, and his country. He then looked at the others who seemed rather, mad at him. It could have been that there was supposed hostility towards Xingeneese people but he hoped it was gas. He hated to fight in the first place.A quick side step and scoot led him to bow with his hand holding the katana out to his side, he spoke softly just after.

"After you miss. Please lead the way."

His words were almost surely missed by his wife. Not only that, but h almost spoke poems from just sighing. At times he was a great word manipulator. But at other times, he was like the rest of the people, just plain and simple wording this so people could understand. He stood up from the bow and simply smiled gently towards her. A soft look in his eyes as he just stood there. An amazing sight as a man so regal could still keep the stature while being frozen to the bone by the snow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:14 am

The helicopter had moved on, the gaurds on outside patrol had seen them through and now they were inside. Her two men that had accompanied her with grim expression still holding their rifles with the safety off and firing pin at ready. Yeon-hwa removed her fur coat and hanged it, placed her pistol back in it's proper place and signalled for her two men to lower their Gaurds. Another man walked in and whispered in her ear. She nodded back to him.

"Miss, I am here to see the commander of Fort Briggs. It is quite the place you have. Interesting weapons as well. Suited for the harsh snow I presume. So, tell me, Miss. What is your name, so that I may...cred...it...you...You strike me as Xingeneese, correct me if I'm wrong but are you?"

Assessment, Xingese. Royaltly, one of the Clans. 15? 17?
The boy was shorter than her and it seemed he was a few years younger to. Normally a display of hostility would be at hand. Why? it had been so for many generations amoung the royal clans of Xing. She herself was of Xingese descent, Shin to be exact, though not a large clan they were fairly notable.

Brigadier General Will be here shortly, for now I would will have to ask for all forms of weapons, which includes your Katana to be handed over to us. I understand from the patterns that you are of Royal Decent of Xing. I will make sure they are kept in correct conditions. I am aware of such manners as I...

Yeon-hwa lightly smiled taking a pause. She wondered if still to this day her name would be remembered even outside of the Shin clan. The defector, arranged to marry the next to be emperorer but ran away at the last moment. She was only 13 back then aye.

"I am an Yeon-hwa of the Shin clan, I do not know your full status but as a fellow Xing I find it rude that a lady would have to announce her name first. . . .However my affiliations are with Fort Briggs, I am 2nd in command of this Fort. I once again assure you your weapons will be kept in proper manner. They will be given back to you once we gave gone through proper procedure"

Her manner was quite unlike her usual clumsy and easy go personality. However Fort Briggs might have been under danger, a more serious attitude might have to be adopted for now. She nodded to one of her men who walked off to deliver orders to the patrol groups. Why? To spot for possible hidden forces or anyone that had followed Sonai with ill Intent.

"as for now please follow me to the reception"
" Sgt, please tell Reila-san"
With that another had walked off. Yeon-hwa would lead Sonai not very far, giving almost no visiblity of Fort Briggs interior either than 4-5 soldiers, a few paintings and eventually the the luxurious reception room that the Commander had designed herself. Yeon-hwa pointed to the a soft red sofa with golden frames. Why did it awfully remind her of something from Central Head Quaters?
"You must be cold from the journey"

Timing was perfect, A soldier brought in two warm cups of boiling water on a tray. With the tray came coffee, suger, eastern tea, cocoa and assorted biscuits. She hoped Sonai was not the paranoid kind. Posion was simily not her thing, to enemies, guests and unknowns alike.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:04 am

A soft smile came across his face but siddenly subsided a moment as he heard the name. A small grunt came from his throat as he stepped back a step. He didn't say a word. That is, until a little later. He just followed her to the waiting room and when all was said and done, he spoke.

"You know, I never asked for you to reveal your full name, I merely asked your family name and if you were Xing. Your saying your other part was purely your own doing. And as for my weapons all I have is my katana."

With that he let go of the parchment from where it was and started to move with great speed. Not super fast, but still really fast. The blade shined as it was slung out, the tip coming with in centimeters from her throat. It quickly returned to the sheath with all of it in the other hand, tsuka facing towards the woman and his hand gripping the end of the saya. He offered a kind smile as he appeared to be looking up towards her, then people would realize that he caught the parchment in his free hand moments before it struck the ground. All a display of rather trained speed. Nothing fancy of course.

"You know, miss Shin. You are to be commended. First, for not poisoning my tea. And second, for not staying in Xing. It was because of you leaving that I...became the Prince. But you should already have heard, that my father has died. He died of a disease we still do not know why or what it was. But that leaves me in charge. Perhaps, you could come back one day, at least to visit. I believe you wanted my sword."

He said as he took a sip of tea. It was odd, that in that small time, he grabbed the parchment, swung the sword around, sheathed it, and made tea. It was believed to be super human but in fact, it was just endurance and speed training he had done for his alchemy..

After she would take the weapon, he sat on the sofa, his right leg crossed over his left and staring towards the woman. He motioned for her to sit if she wanted and a soft smile still came from his small lips. Perhaps it was fate, perhaps it was a cruel joke, or perhaps a god wanted to see if he really did love all creatures.

"You know, I am not a fighter. I would rather Drink tea.." He said holding the cup to his lips as he pointed it to her a moment then sipped it. After he placed it back on the table he finished, "Than to fight and kill. It's a, belief of mine."

His voice was true and poetic almost. Like a singer hitting the right notes or a worker on a good stride. He placed the parchment on his lap and laid his hands over it. His eyes surveyed the room for oddities or traps. In doing that, he found that the room was surprisingly elegant. After he was finished he stayed there, his eyes trained on the woman and wondering what she would do next. She was quite interesting to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:44 am

It was an instinct, something that had come from years of training for all Xingese warriors. Namely their inhumane and insane speed. Even as her blade came flying out her own reflexes let her hand grip her own Katana. Her own blade screamed from it's wooden sheathe. The blade met the little boy's challenge by missing only by a fraction of an inch. The soldier in the room would have only noticed this after they had both sheathed their swords. He flinched as he quickly raised his rifle and aimed it at Sonai's chest.

"calm down...you may lower your gun"
Sonai's katana was taken away to be stored in the Armory of Fort Briggs, under temporarily confiscated arms. The man seemed to be rather happy Yeon-hwa had left Xing, that her defection gave him the throne as the next successor. Well it seemed blood shed could be avoided with a bit of consideration? In a way being the oddity by giving up the throne?

" I welcome your offer, however my place is at Fort Briggs. My commander has been kinder to me that the greed of the Shin Clans. Do you know how many people I have killed during the age I should have been in a dress running around with other children?"

Yeon-hwa smiled, picking up a cup and adding a few leaves of tried tea. She blew upon the top most steams. A small silence filling the room. A small sip from the victorian styled cup as she tilted her head to the side, blue frosted eyes being covered by her smile.

"change.... If you are true person worthy of Emperor... Change. I am mere 19 years of age, yet I speak to you like an old lady. Children are the future. Children should be brought up not with blood and war... or the country itself will see blood and war. Change this... make the Clans unite as one under an honest and rightful emperoer. Perhaps then I will visit"

Yeon-hwa lowered her tea cup and placed it upon the saucer with a light... clink. It was trully strange sitting with another Xingese after so many years. Not to mention the fact he was of royal blood line and both of them were legit to become the Emporer or Empress. At least at one stage for Yeon-hwa.

"For what reasons do you come to Amestria? and Fort Briggs at that? It is rare as a whole to see A Xingese out of it's country. Not to Mention the royalty travelling out the comfort of his home?"

This man was indeed strange, he was not accompanied by body gaurds or a hidden force as she was told from the patrollers she had sent out earlier. Even if he was well versed in the combat and speed of Xing, the same would be match by Yeon-hwa. This was to say, no other elite from Fort Briggs were to stop the man. It would be assumed he came with peaceful intentions. Still though... Yeon-hwa's sweet and child-like nature could not be brought in. His display of hostility towards her was outmost.... un-welcoming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:03 am

" I believe you are misreading my actions miss Shina. Perhaps I should introduce myself. My name is, Shuskei, Sonai. Prince of Xing. It is, beyond a pleasure to meet your Acquaintance Miss Shina. I have come with one goal. Peace. I heard word that For Briggs had sought to seek peace for the war torn country or Amestris. This was indeed a good thing for me as it led me to be able to come here. Otherwise, I would have to delve the country into a war to get peace, and that, is oxy-moronic. Perhaps it is the withering of my father passing on my mind, or perhaps it is teachings of lebis. What ever it be, I know that I must bring peace to this war torn world as it has seen war far to long. Even though, a day or second is too long to see a war. Deaths pile up and it hurts my very soul to think of it."

He said as he stood up. He started to walk around with a gentle step. Almost like a cat on the prowl or a lion ready to make it's kill. It was all normal for him. All of his training taught him to keep himself on his toes for he was the only surviving member of his family, that he knew of.

With a flash he turned round and faced the woman. a smile still adorned his face as he began to think. His face mustered a bigger smile as he noted to himself that the tea was rather eastern. It was even bigger still, when he thought of the prospect of becoming a true helper to bring peace to this land. With out a moment to lose he spoke again.

"You know, this parchment I have in my hand is a hand written document which will change the very foundation of Xing, Amestris, and and even Drachma. It will take to the heavens like so many treaties and friends have. It will take like a god to the heavens and rule lives with a harmonic hand. This parchment will allow me to take action against the one thing preventing peace of this land, and our-my own. It will allow the both of us, Briggs AND Xing, to take back the peace with open arms. It is the beginning of a new age to come. It is the start of a beautiful friendship between Amestris and Xing. That is, if that obstacle can be over come."

With that he sat back down and drank more tea. His words were heart whelming to those who would hear it, most likely. This is because Sonai always had a way with words. It was because they were the truth, and it was because he had no intention of backing out after all the preparation he made to take on the obstacle. He was willing to take on just about anything to destroy that one thing, and bring harmony back to the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:05 pm

Reila Tsukino Lieutenant General of Fort Briggs who had been standing in the doorway the entire time, let out a giggle. A slender hand raised to cover her glossed lips and an all-knowing gleam was shining through the ice of her golden eyes. She dropped her hand and stepped further inside. The guards, who had been watching everything carefully, were surprised when they saw her, for she masked her presence completely down to her very breath. Though her soft amusement alerted all in the room, the girl looked as if she expected no less. Softly, she approached the two, long, glistening, strawberry blond hair falling down her back in waves all the way to her ankles. Pure white boots covered with buckles made quiet taps against the elaborate wooden floor. She wasn't wearing her usual military uniform and, instead, opted for a more natural outfit. Well, natural in the eyes of a twenty-year-old girl. She had on a white pleated skirt that reached halfway down her thigh along with white cotton leggings and a sky blue tank top. Why such a non-negative-degree-weather outfit? Well, that was because it felt like summer inside to Reila! She looked upon the room with fondness as she passed and came to a stop just a few feet from the prince. This was the Briggs tea room which was always prepared for guests from foreign countries. Instead of the usual industrial and rough atmosphere of the rest of Briggs, this room held warmth and welcoming, which was precisely why Reila arranged for the prince to be brought here.

"You have quite some skill with the sword, Sonai Shuskei," Reila said, her voice falling on them like the first snow of winter. She held up the man's katana horizontally, her knuckles almost touching the tsuka. This was the warrior's way of handing over the sword. Her eyes were direct, sharp, and completely clear of ill intent. She had obtained the sword in some indirect way from the guard in which it was passed on to. "This is a showing of my trust. Though I'm sure you understand clearly what will happen if that trust is betrayed." Despite her threatening words, she smiled sincerely, completely elated that the prince had come himself at all. It was truly an honor. Though she herself was in fact royalty... she was not as widely accepted--or known for that matter--as he. She was truly grateful and each emotion, each feeling, reflected unfiltered through her genuine eyes. "Welcome to Briggs."
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Yeon-hwa merely closed her eyes, lowered her head slightly and shook it from side to side. Another man who's words were far greater than his actions. It would seem he was another to merely mouth the words and act like a world pacifist. Though in the race case they acted, it was from the comfort of safety. The hard work would be handled by ones underlings. While they waged war in the name of peace and righteousness people were dying left and right. Leaving behind wives, children, brothers, sisters and family alike.

So.. The Commander had been here the whole time? Rather sneaky of her. She smiled at the Commander. Aye, she would need to stay now and act as a translator. " I translate word for word. "You have quite some skill with the sword, Sonai Shuskei"This is a showing of my trust. Though I'm sure you understand clearly what will happen if that trust is betrayed Welcome to Briggs."

"I will act as the two way translator as currently Nerose and I are the only two capable of speaking both fluent Amestrian and Xingese"

She brought a second cup of hot water and had it placed before the Lt General. Choice of tea? There wasn't many things Yeon-hwa wanted to say to Sonai as an individual, he seemed too much like a talker who held no actions to his words. But really who was she to judge? Yeon-hwa would have to wait and see now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:40 pm

A giggle? Absurd. Perhaps. He twirled his head, slightly, and faced the doorway. Her visibility was there, yes, but her presence was not show before. This was indeed a show of a great person, who could mask their presence. Sonai stood up and stared at her, she spoke amestrian. He would be able to understand a little more now, because of the fact they spoke it so much around him. His vast brain just absorbing the information with the words.

It seemed less complicated than Xingineese. That was good. Because of someone could master an ancient art AND speak Xingineese, that person could surely learn another language rather quickly. He then noted the scent of his elaborate measure. It was his sword. It was specially made from certain things only found in Xingineese however, that was to give it a nice look, feel, and a tiny scent of it's own.

With a swift movement he was up, looking at Reila, and staring at her posture. It took only pure moments for him to scan from head to to, and reveal Reila's intent on fighting or peace. She truly was a peace seeker it seemed. Sonai placed the parchment on the table next to the other assorted tea and knelt down. His hands above his head open to receive the sword. It was odd that HE, a noble, would bow to a mere militant. But, since it was a sign of truth, honesty, and respect, he would always humble himself with that.

In the next moment he shot up, after taking the sword back, and held it in his left hand. his right opened the parchment to reveal writing. It was a large document written with a quill and ink. A gentle movement as he motioned her to sit. The ink was made into words on paper. The words? Well, they were written in Amestrian easily. And it was formed with the perfect words and elegant handwriting. Like a true noble and politician it made a lot of words just to say they would seek peace with all their might.

After they would have read the parchment, Sonai unsheathed his sword. It was slow, gentle, and with little effort. The blade was a normal size and it law facing towards Reila.Then, with the next moments, he moved his hand in swift actions and ran his index finger on his left hand across the blade. Just after that, he placed his finger at the bottom of the parchment, staining the contract with his blood. He then looked at Reila with no ill-intent, and spoke.

"If you truly wish to search out peace, then sign your fate away with the blood of your ancestors, thus sealing your fate, and the fate of all you command. If you dare step on the soul of betrayal however, the majority of our time and energy will be spent fighting each other instead of finding peace. I know, that you do not speak for all of Amestris, but you speak for Briggs, and the eastern part of Amestris. This i can accept, however, there may come a time where we would have to call into question the actions of your leader, Hild the Fuhrer. Even now she may be plotting to make more war. And what I said is done, in the letter. The paths to justice, as I call them now, are complete."

with that, he gave her his usual smile sword still pointed towards Reila. His stance unwavering while his mouth didn't move after. He offered his same dull smile. His hands never shaking and his body still as stone. His posture retaining his regal stature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:55 pm

As soon as Sonai accepted the sword, Reila bent down to his level on the floor and smiled sweetly. Once he met her eyes, she bowed royally with an arm lightly across her chest. She did so not in the Aerugese way, but as a knight would to his king; equally in suit to the respect he offered her. The prince stood up and she immediately followed. Yeon offered her tea, but she shook her head with a grateful look.

WIP

ON HOLD UNTIL LEVI COMES BACK...
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down