Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Versin's alchemy EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Versin's alchemy EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Versin's alchemy EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Versin's alchemy EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Versin's alchemy EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Versin's alchemy EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Versin's alchemy EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Versin's alchemy EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Versin's alchemy EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Versin's alchemy EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Versin's alchemy

Go down

Versin's alchemy Empty Versin's alchemy

Post by Guest Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:02 am

CASE FILE: Transmutation Equipment
CASE FILE: Transmutation Equipment
Versin's alchemy 2nixn42 Versin's alchemy 2nixn42 Versin's alchemy 2nixn42

Character's name here
Vongola Versin

NAME:
Electric Impulse Control

TYPE:
Elemental - Electricity

LEVEL:
One

FORM:
Gloves with long razor-sharp metal threads on the end of each finger and they have transmutation circles on each of the knuckles- Worn on left hand and on right hand, not attached worn on hands.

BRIEFING: Level 1- How this alchemy works is that the user uses their own electric impulses from their body and runs it through a current or directly to a target. The technique simulates the same kind of electric impulses the brain uses to send signals to the body by using the body’s nerves. So the user can use this technique to control the target’s body or parts of the body. The down side to this technique is that it requires a lot of concentration. How Versin uses this technique is he stabs his target’s body with his long razor-sharp metal threads on his gloves and when the razor-sharp metal threads are in the target’s body he then sends a current of electric impulses through the metal threads to send signals to that part of the body so he can control it.

PICTURE: The transmutation circle has pictures of three hands each of the hands has a Xingese symbols on their palms, the first has the symbol for mind, the second has the symbol for body and the last one has the symbol for soul.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
The ability to control bodies or parts of bodies with electric impulses.

Back to top Go down

Versin's alchemy Empty Re: Versin's alchemy

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:39 pm

REVISE

Sorry to do this. >.< But bodily electric pulses can only travel through the body, you know? Since metal is dense and does not contain anything that the body does, it's impossible. Now, let me suggest an idea to make this at least sound plausible in some way. What if the wires were made out of iron, like blood? I think that may work better. XD I'd just edit that and you're good.
Now, I want you to understand that when you 'control' parts of the person's body, you can only control small parts. Like for example: up to ten muscles at a time and only weakly. Like you can make some guy clench his fist, but you can't make him have super strength. I'm sure you know that~ <3
I'm excited to see your character! >D
Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer: Aki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:44 am

I think it would work because bodily electric pulses are still “electric pulses” their just made by the brain and I think that bodily electric pulses can travel through metal like normal electric pulses if powerful enough. I think it could get powerful enough with the help of alchemy. To prove my point here is a story.

“ATLANTA, Oct. 15 — A team of neuroscientists reported Sunday that they had restored some movement and speech to a severely brain-damaged man by stimulating his brain with pulses of electric current.

The 38-year-old man, who had been barely conscious for six years, gradually regained the use of his left arm and began to utter coherent words for the first time since his injury in an assault, the doctors said.

Before surgery to implant two wire electrodes deep in his brain.”

If you would like to see more of the story it is here. See this proves that bodily electric pulses and “electric pulses” are the same thing, so they should be able to move through a current to different things. I don’t see how I would only control small parts of the body because with this alchemy you send electric pulses to the nerves. So if the user were to stab the target’s arm they would control the whole arm because the nerves are how the brain controls the body. I hope this explains why this alchemy would work and if you’re worried this technique is too powerful the thing is it’s not a 100% guaranty because as long as the target’s brain is still producing electric pulses they can fight the control.

P.S I’m glad your excited to see my character I think he’s pretty good, a lot about him still remains a mystery but that will claver up over time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:17 pm

APPROVED

Yeah~ it's exciting. Characters definitely develop over time and get even better too, which makes it even more thrilling.

So about your alchemy. I understand the nerves part. What I was attempting to say, is that you can't
control the whole body at the same time. But yes, if you stab them in the arm, you will be able to control the whole arm through the nerves. (I think you should add that point in).

The article... First of all, don't trust the news even New York times. It can be misleading some times. Assuming that this article is 100% accurate, all it proves is that 'electric pulses' can help start the brain up and improve functions, but that does not prove that they are the same. It didn't not completely restore the man's speech or movement either. And if it was the case that the human brain could run on normal electricity, then we may as well be robots.

Now, what to do about your alchemy, this is a semi-realistic forum, but seriously we're basically using magic anyway. So I'd say that you've definitely explained it enough to get my approval. <3
Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer: Aki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down