Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Meet the Egg-Head EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Meet the Egg-Head EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Meet the Egg-Head EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Meet the Egg-Head EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Meet the Egg-Head EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Meet the Egg-Head EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Meet the Egg-Head EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Meet the Egg-Head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Meet the Egg-Head EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Meet the Egg-Head EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Meet the Egg-Head

Go down

Meet the Egg-Head Empty Meet the Egg-Head

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Paige walks out of the library thanking a rather tall lady smiling at her. "Thanks, No, Oh no no im fine thank you goodbye!" She then tries to walk out trying to make sure her heavy books do not fall over. Wobbling back and forth Paige stumbles and tries to stay on the ground. She talks to herself very quietly "So many books to read i have to make sure i read all of volume 2 before tomorrow"
The girl's arms grow tired of such heavy books and she simply can't carry them any more. The day was pretty hot for a day in London. Finally Paige's arms give in, She drops one book, then more tumble down on top of her. "Ahhhh, stupid heavy books!". She stands back up but drops her books again. She grabs all her books and sits on a bench by a bus stop. She groans quietly to herself. "I guess i will just wait for the bus to get here. The sun shines bright onto Paige's pale face. She fans herself with her hands then lays her head on a book. "This is going to be a long day, ugh i'm so tired!" She says to herself in a faint voice.

Back to top Go down

Meet the Egg-Head Empty Re: Meet the Egg-Head

Post by Nyx Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:26 am

Doo-doo doooooo~ Why was Nyx in Creta again? Still sights to see, things to do, fun to have, of course~ And her next venture was to a library! Having taught herself two languages already, she was going to try and learn Cretan. Of course, Cretan WAS considered the hardest language to learn... So she may end up needing help... As she entered the library, she hunted shelves until she found something that was apparently an Amestrian to Cretan dictionary, although most of the words were foreign to her on the first few pages. But by the time she hit the first dictionary-type page, she could understand the Amestrian words, and smiled as she presented the librarian with a library card, requesting a mail-based checkout, which was allowed. So she left the library, smiling, and noted a girl about her age, toting books. Grin on her face, she would test the capabilities of the dictionary. Flipping through pages, she slowly but steadily found the words she needed.

"Hel-lo. Me name is Nyx. Wa-hat can you talk?" Poorly spoken as it was, being translated from the book, with no knowledge of pronunciation or grammar, Nyx had indeed greeted the girl and introduced herself, before asking what languages she spoke. Honestly, Nyx thought she'd done rather well, though any Cretan native would instantly recognize her as Amestrian, from her ever-so-slight accent and improper pronunciation. That's why she would learn Cretan! Because it was important! And perhaps she'd learn Esparian next... But for now, she awaited a response from the other girl. Who knows, perhaps the other girl would be willing to help Nyx out while she was on vacation!
Nyx
Nyx
US & OURSELVES

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer: Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:54 am

Paige see's the girl is struggling with the Cretan language. Obviously a foreigner, she thought to herself. She thought maybe she could help her. "My name is Paige i speak Amestrian, Xingese, and Drachman". "Oh yeah and Cretan of course." She hoped that the girl would understand what she said. She could see she had a Amestrian to Cretan dictionary so perhaps the girl was going to learn. ..And well Paige LOVES learning and teaching people how to learn. She looked at the girl seeing she had to be around her age. Paige travels a lot and goes to high honored schools and doesn't get to make many friends her age.

Paige was not a scholar but she figured a tutor is the next best thing, maybe in all the books she checked out she had something that could help this girl. As she looked through the books she had she noticed that she had not introduced her self. How rude of me! Paige gave a happy grin and put her hand out. "Paige, Paige Ellsworth!" She hoped that would make her seem more friendly and maybe the girl will let her tutor her and let Paige be the "teacher" she always wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:25 am

Eep! She spoke so FAST! Nyx barely had time to look confused, let alone translate most of what she said! Apparently Paige was her name, and she happened to speak the three languages Nyx could speak fluently. Well, that's nice!~ Smiling, Nyx accepted the hand that had been offered to her. Switching to Amestrian, so she didn't have to guess at Cretan as much, Nyx said, "Nice to meet you, Paige!~ So, do you live around here?" She probably did, because not a lot of people would be going to a library in a place they usually wouldn't be... Except Nyx, but she's that special case. Hmm... Though, if RIOTE weren't based in Drachma, Nyx would have quite liked for RIOTE to be in Creta. So pretty here... But of course, it was pretty in Drachma too, but Nyx did like Creta. Alas, she would have to be headed back to Drachma in a few days... But that's still time to do fun stuff! And now she had a friend to do stuff with!~
Nyx
Nyx
US & OURSELVES

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Paige gave a breath of relief. she is glad that girl spoke one of languages she knew. "I guess you could say i live here, I go to a boarding school here." Paige looked at the girl with a smile and thought that she was rather out-going and polite. She is usually shy so she doesn't like talking to new people so she is glad that this young lady did. "Can i get your name?" She hoped that the girl would be kind enough to say her name. Paige has been needing a friend she hopes this is the one she has been looking for. The girl spoke in Amestrian so perhaps she is from Amestris. Suddenly Paige hoped that the bus would not come so quickly.

Paige is on a break but since she doesn't have many friends in London she hoped she could spend time in town instead of her dorm reading books and studying all the time, even if she loved the solitude. So many thoughts when through her mind wondering all the fun things she could do in London with a friend. As soon as the started they stopped. What if this girl Paige has met is only visiting for one day? or maybe she is to busy to do things with her or maybe she is on a family vacation. Paige tried not to get too excited about meeting a friendly girl her age. She gave a smile letting the girl know that she was happy with the conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Nodding, Nyx smiled. So she was here for schooling. Cool! Nyx had never really gone to school, of course. Whatwith being thrown to the winds at such a young age, and while she may have been educated at the orphanage, she hadn't been there too long. Then HE showed up and screwed up everything. Or perhaps made it better by giving her the opportunity to meet Aurel... Nah. Aurel's grand master plan included her; he would've found her anyways, no matter what. Had Gregory not taught her to string and use a bow, Aurel would have, for the sake of his strategical genius. But no matter! Point being, Nyx wondered what school was like...

"Ooh, okay. I'm visiting here from Drachma, so I'm going to be in Creta for a week or two." Hmm, let's see; meeting Takatori, meeting Valeria, and suchforth, that would mean three days already, so she haaaad... Eleven more to spend in Creta!~

Nyx then noted that she probably didn't introduce herself too well, it being in Cretan. So, she smiled and restated her name, much more of a nickname, a codename, over anything else. But alas, twas her only name... "Oh, sorry!~ My name's Nyx. So, what're you reading?" Ah, books. Books can be one's best friend, y'know? Certainly one of Nyx's favorite things, they were. Although she couldn't really remember when she learned how to read, she's always enjoyed it, especially good books. But not that series, Midnight. Honestly, she'd read the first book, and that Edwin character was terrible there, so when she saw ads for the movie on the television, she was APPALLED by his sparkliness. But that's besides the point.
Nyx
Nyx
US & OURSELVES

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Paige was suprised to see she was from Drachma. Paige has never been to Drachma but her school taught her the language anyways. "Sounds like you have been having a fun and busy time, Nyx." Paige liked the name Nyx. She thought of all the things they could do in a week. She knew a cafe' was opening up soon and they could get icecream, milkshakes, and coffee.

Paige then heard Nyx ask her a question. "The books im reading?" she said puzzled forgetting where she just came from. "Ooh! these books!" She took one book from the top of the stack. "I got some new books for school and a book on how to learn Rouenian. " Paige put down the books and she remembered she also checked out a Sherman Gnomes mystery novel. She picked up the book and showed it to Nyx "I got this great mystery novel!." A good mystery did good for Paige, she likes when she can find out who did the crime first. "Have you ever read about these books?" She turned the book to the front and felt the cover. She read aloud "Sherman Gnomes A Game Of Wits." Paige remembered that the movie had come out recentley and wanted to read the book before going to see the movie. Paige likes a good book, but she also loves thrillers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:29 am

Indeed! She totally was having fun!~ So, as such, Nyx nodded, smiling. Ah, nodding and smiling; the simplest way to communicate a feeling of agreement, and happy agreement at that. Because she was having a fun time in Creta, to re-emphasize the point.

Anyways, after that, her questions were fulfilled. As it happened, she had gotten a language-y book as well, for Rouenian. Err... OUCH. Nyx didn't even try to imagine what kinds of Rouenian words were in it. If Cretan was hard, Rouenian was considerably harder to learn. This girl must have quite a knack for knowledge... Cool!~ And while that was interesting, the next bit was even more so; a novel!~ And a novel about good old Sherman Gnomes, no less! Ah, of all novels, those were near the top of Nyx's list. "Oh! I love those books, Paige!~ Have you seen the moview yet? I saw it after the book and it was great."
Nyx
Nyx
US & OURSELVES

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:41 am

Paige was glad to see Nyx so happy. It made Paige less scared to talk to strangers. She then said "Oh the movie?" Paige has not seen the movie but she figured it was about the same as the book "I have not seen the movie yet it really does seem great." Paige then heard a bus. She didn't want to end the conversation and really wanted to talk more. "Hey i think i see my bus.." She looked at the big vehicle driving towards the stop. "Maybe we can meet again another day? At the cafe' perhaps?"

Paige wrote her phone number down real fast, she always carries a pen and paper for emergencies. She then gave her number to Nyx and held her hand out. "Friends?" She said hoping the girl would be her friend too. The bus made a very loud stopping noise and the doors swung open. The bus driver looked at Paige and shouted "Lets get a move on girl."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down