Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Meet the Galicia's EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Meet the Galicia's EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Meet the Galicia's EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Meet the Galicia's EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Meet the Galicia's EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Meet the Galicia's EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Meet the Galicia's EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Meet the Galicia's EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Meet the Galicia's EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Meet the Galicia's EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Meet the Galicia's

Go down

Meet the Galicia's Empty Meet the Galicia's

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:09 am

It was a day. A day like any other day a few couple of days or so after the explosion incident and Nikolaus's run in with Chalyps. By then a Colonel and Chief of Security Corps wearing a new uniform with a rank insignia on his shoulders. Carrying around his newly acquired saber by hand, presented to him by a grateful nation for having thwarted any further destruction by a "mass murderer" named "Justice" as the news medias go, having worked with a Murazar Dauthi in lieu to this incident.

Well, the train was approaching a halt as Nikolaus had a passenger opposite of him, one whom he remarks as the one that stopped a Cretan fat man plot -- Isabella Galicia. Helping himself off his seat as he figured to accompany her as to see with the automail constructions, kill two birds with one stone. One is to see what can take apart the automail construction due to his experience with Justice, and the other is to follow someone whom he is on friendly terms with, though he is unsure of why it exists. Perhaps her compliance with going along with plans? Who knows? He doesn't delve much in it. It is all for keeping her company, or more like, he just followed her. As to keep her lack of an arm to be stifled.

Stepping off the train and into the station as he was met by salutes from the Security Officers that saw his rank insignia and security uniform, inclining the slightest of nods to them; the most generous thing he gives to those below him. Letting them be off to their business, which is whatever the Security does here.

"Well then, here we are o' Galicia of yonder. Rush Valley! Place of smelly people, automail mechanics and wererabbits. Pleasant ain't it?" He mused jovially, committing his eyes to detail of the place, the scent was certainly of oil and a subtle fume of smoke that accents it, "I do wonder, hope I don't blunder, if they can sell me any of their thunder for their hunters... of sorts. Mechanical apparitions all and wide. Nay? Or yay? Oh here I am getting lost in thoughts. Ahhh, you know where the automail mechanics are? Good ones? If so... do lead on, Major."

Yep, oblivious to the fact Isabella's parents also reside in Rush Valley as his reception would be one would call... intrusive and sudden. A most certainly tasty predicament for the likes of Nikolaus.

Back to top Go down

Meet the Galicia's Empty Re: Meet the Galicia's

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:31 pm

”This isn’t happening, this isn’t happening, this isn’t happening…”

Isabella almost slapped herself, like she thought it was all a dream. Well, she did, assuming you changed “dream” to “nightmare.” Bad dreams were bad because things didn’t go your way. Nightmares were when your mind throws something at you that’s completely out of left field. And this was nightmare material because…

“Well then, here we are o' Galicia of yonder. Rush Valley! Place of smelly people, automail mechanics and wererabbits. Pleasant ain't it?”

She gave Niko a death glare, sighing sharply. He didn’t know. He couldn’t know. She didn’t want to be here, let alone with a man that would likely cause trouble. Too much trouble. Trouble she’d have to clean up with one arm. But still, she wasn’t in any fighting condition. She was off-balance, limited in combat options, and not as mobile as she could be with two arms. At least she’d be a bit safer around Niko, right?

”Idiot,” she says, facepalming. She’d never be safe around Niko.

”I do wonder, hope I don't blunder, if they can sell me any of their thunder for their hunters... of sorts. Mechanical apparitions all and wide. Nay? Or yay? Oh here I am getting lost in thoughts. Ahhh, you know where the automail mechanics are? Good ones? If so... do lead on, Major.”

”Fine, Stuka, but no cars. We’re walking.” Looking him straight in the eyes with the most serious look she can give, she adds, ”And if you so much as cause trouble, I’ll hook up my training arm and beat you down with it.” Starting forward, she made her way through the streets, weaving through the crowds like she never left. She didn’t look up, she didn’t make eye contact, and she didn’t speak. All were invitations to be sold a new gizmo, upgrade, limb, or gadget. To be asked, questioned… She’d rather not think about the lengths she’d go to avoid such things.

After a short enough time, she found her way to where she wanted to go. “The Faustian Pact.” She grinned. She never understood the name of the store when she was young, besides that it involved her mother’s maiden name. But she was informed of it, later. A deal with the devil, to give up something one takes for granted in order to gain what one takes as an improvement. Her mother even specialized in custom jobs. All the more appealing to potential customers…

Returning to her normal expression, she walked up to the door. Taking a deep breath, she exhaled slowly, quickly opening and then slipping through the door. At the front desk was a middle-aged woman, fiddling around with an automail arm, almost lost in the task itself. Isabella shifts slightly, taking a few steps forward.

”Just hold on a moment,” the woman says, taking a quick glance in Isabella’s direction. ”I just need to…” The woman did a double-take, now with a confused look. ”Isabella?” Walking closer, her face shifts to a cross between hurt and scared. Giving her a good once-over, she starts examining Isabella’s shoulder, muttering things under her breath. After a few moments, she looks back up at Isabella, and gives her a tight hug. ”You fool,” she says. ”Just like you father, running in and getting yourself hurt.”

Breaking the embrace and stepping back, Isabella shifts awkwardly. ”I uh… This is Colonel Stuka. We’ve… worked together a few times.”

Turning to Niko, she says, ”Stuka, this is my mother.” She gave him a cold stare, hoping that he'd know at least where the line between "appropriate" and "inappropriate."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 am

The intent of death hadn't unsettled Nikolaus, rather in effect, made him think opposite -- that Isabella was giving him some sort of signal that was positive. Smiling back to her cheekily, nostrils flaring to invite more of the welcoming scent Nikolaus had come to fancy of Rush Valley. Oblivious to her comment in her native Esparian tongue as he spoke none of the language.

"Fine, Stuka, but no cars. We’re walking. And if you so much as cause trouble, I’ll hook up my training arm and beat you down with it." So feisty, and angry, for reasons unknown. But interesting, or perhaps not? It certainly was a most colorful disposition.

"Trouble? HAH! I don't cause any trouble silly one, trouble tends to find me, I just fix'em." He quipped most jovially, tagging behind Isabella past the crowd, to which, unlike her reception, was met with clearance from them. They hadn't bartered automail with an officer of the Amestrian Security oddly enough.

But on the way, he had helped himself to paying for an Amestrian translation of an Ishvallan book to which he placed into his coat pocket. Curiousity of a particular matter spurning him as to acquire this book to discover another part of himself, brought by his happening in Drachma and such experiences. Having already smacked a pickpocket across the face on the way for having tried to swipe Nikolaus of his belongings, and leaving her at that. Failing her in her task to steal his things as she defeated, ran off with no loot to boot.

And so this Odyssey had come to a halt, as they were where they had intended. Stepping into the store after Isabella, the Faustian Pact that is, a title more than it seems, he stopped at her right flank. Eyes left and right, committing the minute details of this store, smiling further.

Glimpsing upon the embrace and family chatter, a most strange anomaly if not awkward before Nikolaus. Embracing. What does it do anyways besides invade privacy? And it also means an opportunity for someone to stab another to the back! They can very easily do it with a knife and the hugger would be none the wiser.

Being introduced to the mother, and mistaking Isabella's glare for in fact, the go-ahead for speaking out his mind honestly.

"Yes... Colonel Stuka, Chief of Security Corps in Central. I hope I made that clear, and nice to meet you." He shined a grin to her, "Ma'am, you should be proud of your daughter, she just kicked some ass and saved Western city from the clutches of Cretan evil, and she FUCKING MURDERED THE ENEMY! Oh, and she lost an arm for it. So yeah, reason why a hobo hasn't shot you and taken your wallet? It's because of her efforts. Because she is keeping Amestris safe... and well, pardon my language, dreary me, I think I got carried away now~"

Well, so much for Nikolaus's blunt sincerity. Tipping his hat to the mother of Isabella.

"Heck, I should give you a medal for spawning such a boon to Amestris, kudos for your efforts for birthing her! You are such an ideal mother. Take heart and..." He salutes to the older lady after the tip, "I congratulate you ma'am for raising a fine piece of OVERGROWN ADULT FETUS!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:16 am

Isabella twitched as she heard what Niko was saying, but refrained from acting. Glancing over at her mother, she saw her trademark traits: patience, understanding, and politeness. Though, her mother did seem taken aback by some of the things Niko said. Especially about the “overgrown adult fetus” thing. That was just plain awkward. Looking over at her mother, however, she seemed to be taking things in stride… Or at least coping with the situation well enough. Her smile seemed strained, but she was nodding politely. A good sign, she figured.

[color-coral]”Well, you better get me that medal right away!”[/color] her mother says, chuckling softly.

”I, um, did come here for a reason, mamá,” Isabella says after a few moments of silence. Reaching into one of her belt pouches, she pulls out a piece of paper, handing it to her mother. ”I, um, figured this was right up your alley…”

”You’re a pack rat, you know,” her mother quips with a smirk after looking over the design. ”Anything else I should know about?”

”I need one for arctic use, as well. On the fly. I’ll pay all the fees up-front.”

”Oh Isa, you don’t have to, especially on a soldier’s salary…”

Isabella interrupted her by handing over an envelope. ”I’ve got a check ready and my watch to prove a teller it’s authorized,” she says sternly. Her mother looks at it and sighs.

”You always did want to start trouble,” Her mother says softly, walking into a back room, where a muffled conversation begins to take place.

Isabella looks over at Niko, giving him her death glare again. ”Overgrown adult fetus? Really?” she asks. Shaking her head, she knew better than to expect a logical answer. This was Niko, after all. ”Also, don’t shoot my father. Punch him if you want, but don’t shoot him. Too much extra shit to deal with.”

As if on cue, an aged and rather angry Esparian man comes storming into the front room, shouting in his native tongue and shaking a wrench at Niko.

”Papá, calm down!” she shouts back at her father, who in thrun responds by throwing the wrench at Niko. Thankfully, his aim was off, and it whizzed in between him and Isabella, crashing through a window and landing somewhere outside. This seemed to only anger the man further, who went back into a tirade in Esparian.

”Any time you want to join in, Niko,” she says to him, slipping her fan out of its holster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:39 pm

A medal. Well, he committed that to memory, nodding to the mother pleasingly and with approval from his end. He would give her the Lion's Crest medal, no! The golden one! That seems appropriate for the civilian, the highest award given for bravery and performing very well in a line of duty, and she produced the finest soldier from her womb. Not bad, not bad at all for a civilian.

"Hold that thought! I'll return to you on the medal bit, it will be a delightful surprise." An amused Nikolaus replies to the mum.

Nodding to the chatter Isabella gave to the mother as if he was part of the conversation, and giving an occasional "mhm", making himself seem more important than he really is. It hadn't really registered in his head, he was only pretending to listen so far, only taking in some select facts, such as a soldier's salary, and a brave mothers' worry, to whom Nikolaus honestly thought was the bigger badass here than Isabella. For one to have given birth to a tough person must be the toughest one of them all.

In his mind, he imagined her to be a grizzled soldier that fought many battles, and the fact she has no scars didn't mean she hadn't fought, but probably attributed to the fact that she was just that damn good.

Queue the bleached blondie's complaint particularly in Cretan of all tongues. Bah! Why does Nikolaus know the language anyways? And the language of another people whom he has a distaste for?

"You certainly are in ze latest trimester, HENCE adult fetus!" Nikolaus nodded, inclining a raised eyebrow to the father statement, "Und vhy is zhat? Vhat is he gonna do eh? Try to throw a wrench at me?"

It was as if as predicted, he actually CAME IN and THREW a wrench at Nikolaus, albeit one that whizzed past his flank and in turn, left Nikolaus unscathed. Stuka wasn't amused. Or was he? He was a bit baffled at the audacity of the grumpy man, no, this man was brave, and he respects the balls he has. It seems like the entire Galicia family is composed of souls such as these, hardy and all.

He walks in front of him until they are inches close, stabs a finger at the old man's chest and grins widely. Not taking out his sword or anything such as that. Nay, a lacking in weapons.

"You! Yes you! Old man, bravery has become yourself. Your seed carries it. Understand that I respect the authority you exhibit, and your willingness to fight... it is rather dreadfully inspiring. You certainly should understand me, I reckon you lived in Amestris for a time long." The Colonel states jovially, gleeful eyes looking at the father's face, "Do go ahead, by all means, don't let me stop your ferocity spilling out... and perhaps your intestines, and your brains, and who knows what else? It will be... a blast~"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:10 pm

BUMP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down