Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
All work and no play  EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
All work and no play  EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
All work and no play  EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
All work and no play  EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
All work and no play  EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
All work and no play  EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
All work and no play  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
All work and no play  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
All work and no play  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
All work and no play  EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

All work and no play

2 posters

Go down

All work and no play  Empty All work and no play

Post by Tsuboi Ryūji Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:59 pm

It was a busy time in central. The boss was still away and there where a lot of repairs to over look. Time's like this Emma wished she was more talented as an alchemist but sadly she was at her limit and there was no room for improvement. So what was left for her to do. Help round Head quarters the best she good.

At the moment in time she was running errands to help others in the office. collecting all the completed paper work and reports to hand to the next best thing from Spade. Major General Masu. She puffed her cheeks slightly feeling sorry for the man. Spade should of been here helping fix the shambles of an office not leave it on the new staff and go sunbathe by the pool. A soft mewl at her ankles brought her to her calm as she bent down to scratch at the felines ears. She giggled softly as he reared and bumped into her hand. Well...there was no rule saying no cats allowed in the building.

Stopping to grab General Masu a coffee and some lunch seeing she doubted he would of eaten yet she was soon at his door. Lightly tapping her knuckles to the wood she called in. "Major General I'm coming in...I brought lunch." She gently opened the door and pushed in the trolley followed by the white fluff ball. Pushing the door shut with her foot. She placed the coffee and the turkey sandwich on his desk. Lunch would always lighten the mass of paperwork.
Tsuboi Ryūji
Tsuboi Ryūji
ADORKABLE SAMURAI

Location : Staring at the Shogun's ass....I mean back....yeah his back

-Case File-
Level: 2
Writer: Reavy

Back to top Go down

All work and no play  Empty Re: All work and no play

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:41 pm

Tataki was working hard to get caught up on paperwork. With that cursed man running around in South city Tataki had been left up to his own devices. Devices that until recently were less than.....sound. Having only recently recovered from the mental trauma of having Amestris and East City blown up. He worked tireless at the mountains o paperwork that had formed in Spade's and his....mental absence. The pile had grown rather large as he was expected to take Spade's workload as well. It still confused him greatly how someone of such....disregard for their own work made it to a general. That's when it hit him. It was those who worked under him of course. How else could he have rose to his rank? "Bah whatever," he said to himself, he had work to do.

That's when the knock on the door came followed by a friendly voice. She placed a lunch and coffee in front of him. Was it that late already? Under normal circumstances paperwork never took him this long. He usually finished early.....then again....he had been slacking up until late. Along with her kind jester though, came more paperwork. Oh well, it was only to be expected. He supposed he could take a break for lunch but, as soon as he was done he would quickly start it up again. This is why one should never slack, you tend to get lost in the amounts of paperwork, he cursed himself for being so weak. He quickly looked the girl over and knew who she was, he had taken it upon himself to review every'e file, as he was a second in command after all, he would need to know these things.

"Hello Miss Emma Redderic. Thank you for the meal......and the paperwork." He said as he presented her with a friendly thank you smile. She hadn't done anything wrong, she was only doing her job he supposed. He then looked down seeing the cat. It was cute and white, a very nice companion to have. He blushed a little at his thought but only for an instant as he went back to his original demeanor. "You know pets aren't allowed right?" He said a little half heartily. He then looked at the cat again. "But, I suppose we can always make exceptions now can't we," he asked with a light smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuboi Ryūji Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Ah...yes Wheatley was sat at his feet staring up like cats usual do. Tail twitching in a silent order of 'feed me'. She chuckled softly scooping the fluff ball up. "Well he's here to catch mice..." She said scratching the cat's ears. "See ethers no mice in HQ now is there." she chuckled.

"Anyway....Is there anything I could do to help?" She asked. Her will to organise talking loudly as the fur ball purred in her arms. She placed the cat down to return to his staring contest with Tataki while she started to organise the files into completed and not piles. Though she couldn't help but smile that at least half the work had been done. "Though you've not done to badly Major General..." She sighed softly. “Lieutenant General really needs to get his butt back to work. Most of this work can't be finished without his sign off....” She mumbled to herself.
Tsuboi Ryūji
Tsuboi Ryūji
ADORKABLE SAMURAI

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:08 pm

archiving (Shu it's been two weeks; you don't bump)
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Tataki chuckled with the girls comment about how there was no mice and a little at the cats assumption that he had food to give. She was a clever one that was for sure. Though, he saw right through that charade but.... he wouldn't tell on her. Its not like the cat was hurting anything or anyone for that matter. He guessed it could stay for now. "Anything to help with?" He asked himself thinking for a moment but, it seemed she was already working on something. It made him smile to see someone who actually kept themselves busy at work. Looking down it seemed the cat had begun to stare at him once again. Tataki simply smiled and reached down to scratch under the cat's chin. He felt the rumble on his hand as the cat purred. He had never had a cat himself but, they were pretty cute.

That's when Emma brought up that bastard........or in the more respectable term Lieutenant General Spade Aeries. He loathed that man even if he had saved him that one day and... saw him at his weakest... what ever, he still had to show him at least a little respect as a fellow member and officer in the Amestris military. Even if he went off on his random expedites and drinking and having fun instead of doing his duties. It irked him so... "Yes....he could stand to do a little more work....couldn't he?" He asked rhetorically forcing out a smile, as it pained him not to brutally rack that mans entire lazy being through the mud and utterly destroy him. "But on a lighter note, I have to ask what made you join the military? I only ask because I haven't seen many who were dedicated to keeping busy like you do, and if I do they are not often and far between." He asked his mood brightening again as he ran away from the topic of Spade Aeries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuboi Ryūji Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:12 pm

"But on a lighter note, I have to ask what made you join the military? I only ask because I haven't seen many who were dedicated to keeping busy like you do, and if I do they are not often and far between." Ah well that was a question she asked herself often. She wasn't really here for herself now was she... The closest selfish answer she could give was to beat Elliot to the top.

"My family have been military for a long time. I had to follow in there footsteps and keep with tradition." The answer was true at least. It may not be the reason she wished to give but It was an acceptable on. "I like thing's organised too...messy is just odd and an unworkable environment."

Wheatley jumped up into Tataki's lap finding somewhere to settle after all his mother was busy on her feet clomping around in those dark blue heels so he couldn't nap in her lap. The only person sitting was the white haired major general so the man was going to be his cushion where ever he liked it or not!
Tsuboi Ryūji
Tsuboi Ryūji
ADORKABLE SAMURAI

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:56 am

Well that was interesting, wanting to continue the tradition of ones familyin the military. Tataki couldn't relate to that..... his family was different. A father who had fallen from wealth to marry his mother who had been a commen maid. But still, he appreciated his father's want to take responsibility. It was admirable, even if they had become a Butler and Maid to the ones known as Hild and Aurel for a while... He was sure that stopped after they deserted the country. After all, why would it have continued? "Well that's an interesting reason, taking on the families legacy." He said with genuine interest. Family was an important thing and even he was aware of that fact. In fact, he worried about Anthony and Nero, where were they and were they OK?

He smiled at her want to have everything organized. Well wasn't she just a person of interest? She had utterly blown Tataki out of the water. In no way shape or form was he prepared to have met someone like her today. Most he saw were unorganized, lazy, or.... crazy. Though that seemed to be the norm of the Amestris military. Back stabbers, psychopaths, you name they had it. "Well that is a rare quality non the less. After all, there are not many people who like cleanliness either. It is quite bothersome. Not to pry any further but I must ask, were your parents strict? Being military and all, the want for being organized, and wanting to keep busy, I figure that may be the reason for these things. Though... I could be way off." He asked rather curious about this rather interesting person he had just met.

She also seemed to notice some of Spade's.....less than professional behavior, if not all of it. That's when the cat hopped into his lap. Tataki was startled a bit as he looked down to see the cute thing in his lap. "Soooo cute" he thought as his face went a little red. He then began to pet the little white cat, stroking lightly and with care as to not hurt or disturb the cat's nap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuboi Ryūji Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Wheatley purred as it slept happily in Tataki's lap. This man was comfortable and very warm. He gave a soft yawn and curled up. This man was a approved lap to sleep in from now on. As Emma lent against the desk thinking.

"Well that is a rare quality non the less. After all, there are not many people who like cleanliness either. It is quite bothersome. Not to pry any further but I must ask, were your parents strict? Being military and all, the want for being organized, and wanting to keep busy, I figure that may be the reason for these things. Though... I could be way off." She sighed looked to him.

"They where...but to tell the truth I never really wanted to be in the military....I rather of been allowed to do my true passion...." She looked at her custom uniform she had made. The short skirt with the knee length tail's. Yes she would be the only one who would wear something like this in this building. "They encouraged me and my brother's sibling rivalry too." She sighed softly and looked up. "I don't think we would be able to be the same again..." She played with her skirt slightly.
Tsuboi Ryūji
Tsuboi Ryūji
ADORKABLE SAMURAI

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:47 am

"Real passion?" Tataki wondered. It was a shame that she didn't join of her own accord though, she did have a right to decide against it he supposed. But... there was always that attempt she may not be accepted for her choice. Then again, maybe there was a different reason she had gone through with it. He may never know but, it was interesting non the less. But, if not the military then, what? After all there was always something to do in this world if you found your career path not going your way. Though many ended up deciding to stay in that career even if it pained them to do so. Sticking with what they knew instead of what they craved. He never quite understood that about people but, it was their lives to live, and he would protect that life to the best of his ability.

"You brother? You had a falling out I take it?" He asked but, fairly certain the answer was yes. What else could it have been? Thinking back he had happened to have what he believed to be a similar thing with his brother. Though, this was not a rivalry but simply a conflicting of values. He had found his brother had committed a crime and.... Tataki had lost faith in his own wayward brother. Maybe he had lost it too quickly. But, he had found out through a harsh exchange of words and fists that he may have too hasty. In fact... that was the first time he had ever lost in a fight with his brother. This little thought made him smile though painfully.

It had just been good that he had his brother back again. He stood picking up the cat as he did and set it down on the floor. He then made his way around the desk and to Emma. "Now whats with all this talk? Not to come off too forceful but... I think you two will be just fine. Now don't take it like I know it will and if anything I only probably know less than a percent of all the world has to offer but, trust me when I say that bridges to one each other are never truly burned down. There is always a chance to return things to as they were. It is simply a matter of taking that chance and making an effort to try. That said... it will also require the effort of the other person as well" He said with probably one of the kindest smiles he had ever given anybody. He then placed a comfort hand on her shoulder. "Have faith, there is no telling what is possible...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuboi Ryūji Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:35 am

"Real passion?" He questioned but she smiled secretively. There was no point telling him about it right now. After all he may just find it funny and mock her. She shook her head and shrugged it off. Maybe once there bond as co workers was stronger she would indulge him in that part of her life. Heck even spruce up his outfit for him.

He seemed to be chewing on her situation with her brother in his mind. Maybe he had his own problems similar. Slowly he picked up the cat and placed it down as he stood and walked over to her. His words reflected his own experience with such dealings as his hand landed on her shoulder comforting and the smile warmed her inside. She coughed lightly and smiled back trying to calm the lump forming in her throat.

Even though he spoke of not giving up and things getting better she was unsure. Every time they met up it ended in a fight and petty one up's on each other. She even forgot what Elliot's smile looked like. Only his snerk or smirk. She placed her hand above his giving a soft smile though. He had clearly faced some of his own demons to help her with hers. “Thank you...” She whispered softly.
Tsuboi Ryūji
Tsuboi Ryūji
ADORKABLE SAMURAI

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:05 am

Her reaction to his advice was rather... cute Tataki found. Even blushing for just a second in response. "It was no trouble Miss Redderic, just try to stay perked up OK? We need to keep a positive attitude in these times of rebuilding. Also, when the time comes, I am confident you will make the right decision." He said his tone still remaining kind. It was rather ironic really, telling her to keep faith when he had been the one who had lost it not even a few days before. But, that was behind him and he knew it would not help her to do what he did. That's why he gave her a little nudge in the correct direction. He couldn't make her decisions for her. That would go against everything he stood for.

"Just don't make my mistakes and you should be just fine," He said with a pained smile. He was glad he had hopefully helped keep someone from going through the same hardship he had. If one could not learn from the lessons of others mistakes, they were most likely to repeat them. But, if one could pass on their lessens, maybe he could keep the worlds from making those mistakes. An impossible reality but, it didn't hurt to try. "Also, is there anything else troubling you? I would hate to leave anything else in chaos if I could change it. Though... I may be prying too much too... now that I think about it," He said as he removed his hand and made his way back around his desk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuboi Ryūji Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:26 am

"Just don't make my mistakes and you should be just fine," The smile he made held so much sadness and remorse she wanted to know what mistakes he had made and help comfort. But...that would be prying herself. Until now there meetings had been brief hello's in the hallway's, the awkward how was your day's by the coffee machine and the famous can you sign this sir's at the door way. But She could see a close friend in Tataki hidden under the shield's. Guess he needed just a little encouragement to come out from behind them.

"Also, is there anything else troubling you? I would hate to leave anything else in chaos if I could change it. Though... I may be prying too much too... now that I think about it," She shook her head. “No...It's all right...” she murmured as his hand left her should but she could still see that pain lingering. Before she could stop herself her arms encircled his shoulder's and she thanked her heel's for the little height they added to her. She hugged him tight and smiled. “Thank you....and I hope yours go away too...
Tsuboi Ryūji
Tsuboi Ryūji
ADORKABLE SAMURAI

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:58 am

Tataki was relieved that he hadn't over stepped his bounds. After all, it was important not to dig too deep as it might scare a person off, especially in a work environment. It could have disastrous results. That's when Emma surprised him as a pair of arms encircled him into a hug. He had been completely blindsided by this. Unable to really play it all through his head. He actually blushed uncontrollably now. What was she doing? Why was she doing it? Questions such as these raced through his mind. Then she hit him with another blindside where she hoped for his problems went away too. It seemed heartfelt and he knew she meant well. It was just so sudden is all. He had never been embraced at work before, it was different but, certainly not unwelcome....

Instead of scolding her he decided against it. Though it would have been regulation to do so, he would allow it. Instead he touched one of the arms around him reassuringly and said. "Thank you as well..... Miss Redderic.... if you ever need someone to talk to, you simply have to knock.... I'll be here for you..." He finished, his words genuine and his feelings... unexplained. He didn't know how he felt about all this. But, he would see what it was, just to know, just to satisfy his curiosity. What were his feelings? How would he go about them? He wasn't really sure. Only time would tell. He nuzzled her arm in an attempt at a hug back since he was kind of out of reach. Was it regulation? No. Did it feel right? ....yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuboi Ryūji Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:12 am

"Thank you as well..... Miss Redderic.... if you ever need someone to talk to, you simply have to knock.... I'll be here for you..." She smiled at hi softly. Yes, behind his icy professional exterior was a very sweet man. One that was now her mission to bring out. Heck maybe she could ask Spade to help plan out a work due out in some of the clubs to help.

"You can call me Emma you know." She playfully scolded him. She tried not to to giggle at the shade of red that had painted his face. But hers too soon coloured as he nuzzled her arm. She looked down shyly and after a few moments longer removed her arm before looking back to him. "The same for you...I doubt I would be much help but...I'm here for you." She murmured.

Wheatley stood and stretched with a yawn. Hoping down and entwining himself round Emma's legs he mewed loudly over and over letting his mistress know it was lunch time. She scooped down and picked the fluff ball up scratching his chin and smiled. “I better go feed his Royal highness.
Tsuboi Ryūji
Tsuboi Ryūji
ADORKABLE SAMURAI

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:50 am

Her playful scolding made him think for a moment. "....Emma," He whispered lightly. It was different to call a subordinate by there first name. In fact he even used Reila's full title when addressing her. Now that he thought about it.....she had scolded him for the same thing. Was it wrong not to lose military bearing? Even if it was a little. By everyone else standards, it would seem so. Still, he guessed he could try and call her by her first name, if that was what she preferred....he would try. "I will certainly try and remember that M- .......Emma," He said with a kind tone and smile. "And I am sure you will be of more help than you realize," he finished still trying to keep his composure.

No one had really cared before. It was different from the norm... almost... warming in a sense. That's when the cat began to make its presence and its hunger known. Tataki smiled at the little thing. It was funny how cute things made even mister strict himself smile but, it was one of his few weaknesses. It would seem she would be leaving for now. "Yes, it would seem he is quite famished... must have been less mice than usually eh?" He said trying to joke a little but, not trying to make it too obvious. "Have a great day M- ...Emma," he said kindly, still trying to adjust himself to call her by her first name as she wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuboi Ryūji Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:16 pm

She smiled as he used her name. IT seemed nicer to hear then Miss Redderic more natural...more hopeful. The cat in her arm's mewled in distaste that he was being forced to wait but for the moment she ignored the cat. "Try not to over work yourself Major General..." She stroked his arm gently as a reassurance and support. "If you need my help don't hesitate to call." Turning to the door she slowly walked out As the cat began to purr in approval.

Stopping suddenly she turned and smiled. "Don't bring in lunch tomorrow...I'll make us something at home and we can have a proper sort of this workload tomorrow." A positive smile shone from her face. "Sound's good doesn’t it? It will be done in no time if we just put our backs into it." She smiled waving as she left the door. She made a mental note to divert to Spade's office to leave the man a note about a staff after work pub crawl to help ease the tension. That man knew more about pub crawling in central then anyone.

[EXIT THREAD]
Tsuboi Ryūji
Tsuboi Ryūji
ADORKABLE SAMURAI

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content