Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry

Go down

Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry Empty Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:28 pm

CASE FILE: Transmutation Equipment
Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry 2nixn42 Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry 2nixn42 Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry 2nixn42

Mickey “Charlie” Mops
NAME:
→ Mickey’s Fast-Talking Alkahestry

TYPE:
→ Alkahestry (Perception)

LEVEL:
→ Level 1

FORM:
→ Belt buckle (silver), on a leather belt. The belt buckle is removable.

BRIEFING:
→ Mickey has a relatively basic understanding of how the human brain processes its surroundings. By interfering with how the brain processes information, he can manipulate or even create what the brain senses, effectively causing the subject to hallucinate. This can result in the subject(s) seeing, hearing, or feeling something that isn’t actually happening.

Hallucinations can be generated by taking control of what information is sent to the brain. This generally falls under either forcing neurons to fire off falsely, or preventing them from firing off altogether. Depending on what kind of hallucination (auditory, tactile, visual, or kinesthetic) will determine what part(s) of the brain are affected.

For vision, manipulating the retinas would be required, specifically the cones and rods in them. Rods aren’t color-sensitive, are largely responsible for our natural “night vision,” are focused towards movement, and are generally found around the edge of the retina. Cones, on the other hand, are color-sensitive (there are “green,” “blue,” and “red” cones), focus on texture, and are generally found in the center of the retina.

Spoiler:

PICTURE:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

Level 1: The Ghost – Mickey can make someone “see” something in their peripheral vision by making them hallucinate something moving just at the edge of it. This is accomplished by making the appropriate rods “fire off.” The result of this alkahestry can create a feeling of paranoia, surprise, or act as a distraction, though it depends entirely on the individual, how they react to it, and their own internal thought process on the matter. Such things are not a direct result of the alkahestry, as Mickey cannot control how a person thinks.

Last edited by Mickey on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry Empty Re: Mickey's Fast-Talking Alkahestry

Post by Reila Tsukino Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:58 pm

REVISE

"This can result in the subject(s) seeing, hearing, smelling, or feeling something that isn’t actually happening." -- you can only focus on one of those at level one. Also, try not to repeat yourself.

"This alkahestry works by manipulating parts of the nervous system," -- HOW does he do this? What parts?

Not theoretically, make me believe your character can do this.
Also, how can it be avoided?
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:32 pm

1) Fixed redundancies. I think...
2) Further specified his level 1 ability involving sight (false movement).
3) Got off my lazy ass and did some research. Method of how the alkahestry works (manipulating neurons in the brain) and what parts of the brain (currently only cones in the retinas) it effects added.
4) Stated things with slightly more certainty. Maybe.
5) I operate on the general assumption that any ability my characters have can (and will) fail. I don't believe it's my decision to force something on any character that isn't my own, and anyone always has the right to avoid it or otherwise negate its effects, (provided it's logical). Currently, it can simply be defeated by not looking, or willpower. Perhaps it could even backfire and tip-off the target that someone's trying to mess around with them.

Side note: I do realize this general alkahestry ability has a lot of potential to be abused. I plan to do the following with this alkahestry:
→ Never do, only state intent. (This gives the target a choice in how things proceed.)
→ Limit it to very specific abilities, and not broad techniques that can be applied in a number of ways. I could have gone a number of ways with this alkahestry, but I figured it'd be best to limit it to something small and limited.

Thank you for your time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:59 pm

APPROVED

You always make me laugh <3
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer: