Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Apos Rajan EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Apos Rajan EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Apos Rajan EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Apos Rajan EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Apos Rajan EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Apos Rajan EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Apos Rajan EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Apos Rajan EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Apos Rajan EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Apos Rajan EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Apos Rajan

3 posters

Go down

Apos Rajan Empty Apos Rajan

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 am

CASE FILE: Alchemist {Major (On Leave)}
Apos Rajan Apos10 Apos Rajan Apos10 Apos Rajan Apos10
"Monkey see, Monkey do~"

FULL NAME:
→ Apos Rajan (pronounced Ray-YAAN)

SEX:
→ Male

BIRTH PLACE:
→ Hiessgart

RACE:
→ Amestrian

DATE OF BIRTH:
→ January 16

HEIGHT:
→ 168 cm

WEIGHT:
→ 64 kg

PICTURE:
Spoiler:

DESCRIPTION:
→ Muscles. That's the first thing you see when you look at Apos. He's not large, he's just built. Ripped. Whatever you call it. In his words, his body is a temple, and it must be kept that way. Even though that's not what it looks like! Apos eats like a pig. He can be seen eating just about any time of the day, and he doesn't seem to gain a pound of weight or an inch of waist. He's just... skinny!

He has blonde hair, cropped short - just like a soldier would keep it. He makes sure to trim it every day, on the hour of nine. He has cruel looking brown eyes, and almost always has a confident grin on his face. He's also usually seen with a cigarette, mimicking Spade's "Cancer Stick" quips. He wears a different pair of necklaces every day, ranging from steel contemporary ones to wooden tribal ones.

He walks with a confident gait, and usually commands respect with his figure, and that's until you hear his voice. His voice is... interesting, to say the least. It changes pitch quite easily, and can range from a falsetto soprano to a bass (yes he can sing. quite well, too). When he's speaking normally, it usually stays at a pitch of about baritone, but can waver with his moods.

With the advent of his new Alkahestry, Apos now has a large variety of markings on his chest, ones that he himself tattooed onto there.

PERSONALITY:
→ Women, women, women, PANTIES. That's what Apos generally thinks about. An incurable pervert and womanizer, the only reason he has generally failed with them is the fact that he's kinda creepy about things when push comes to shove. He'd enjoy nothing more than spending a day looking up skirts, but he's never actually managed to get that far, and has been arrested... several times.

His other favourite thing to do is to mimic people. 'His other favourite thing to do is mimic people'. He usually does it to annoy them, and to get them to lower their guard or do something stupid. 'He usually does it to annoy them, and to get them to lower their guard or do something stupid'. Stop that. 'Stop that'. -thwack- 'Ow! Fine, I'll stop.' Thank you. Anyway, as I was saying, his mimicry annoys most of his enemies, and a lot of his peers as well. His one big ideal is to try and beat the one person he sees as an obstacle to all of the women in the world. Spade Aeries.

He has an intense rivalry with Spade, almost unhealthy in it's method and rundown. He tries to do everything that Spade does, and then he tries to do it better. And usually fails miserably in his attempts. Not that he tells anybody that. His stories are filled with tales about how he destroyed Spade in all of his trials, and how he really is the king of winning... But nobody believes him. In fact, he's seen as one of the most immature officers in Central.

But that, of course, belies a more serious and intelligent man, a side that Apos rarely shows to anybody but his superiors. His mind is like a computer in it's processes, and throughout his life he has studied the small quirks that occur between different and similar types of Alchemy, including being able to almost instantly name the type of Alchemy that a Transmutation Circle is used for, simply by checking the array itself. He can't perform the Alchemy with a replica of the circle, and doesn't completely understand how that Alchemy works, but he's useful in that he can give a simple idea of the Alchemy that was used in the situation.

He's not much of a fighter... Not with weapons, that is. His own weapons are a pair of specialized "gauntlets" (they're just leather gloves with spiked knuckles) that he wears whenever he means business. If he has to use a weapon, he relies on a conventional handgun, and he doesn't like it.

Yes, he's perverted. Yes, he's mean. Yes, he's always in competition with Spade. But he also thinks that people deserve to be treated equally, no matter what the conditions may be. His respect for Ishval is due to this want for equality, and he gets offended if anybody is called "trash", even if they deserve it and he's just misunderstood the situation.

His fascination with mimicry has lead him to also become fascinated with both monkeys and parrots, and through them, pirates. He just has a thing about pirates, especially considering that Amestris is landlocked. He has a bad habit of randomly coming to work dressed in pirate garb, or sprinkling things like "Arrgh" or "Yo ho ho" through his sentences.

As well as that, it has been revealed that Apos is hiding a deep secret, or at least one would think he is. This secret of his is his insecurity, the deep feelings of self-loathing that permeate his every movement and touch. Because of this, he feels the need to be the same as others around him. He is now slowly beginning to realize that he is a person who it is okay to be, and that he doesn't need to be someone else to be great.

Honestly, Apos has feelings about leaving. He's already thought this through, and thinks that it's for the best, though he isn't sure as to how it could affect Spade. It remains to be said that, despite his aloof and foolish actions, Apos always cares about those who are close to him.

LOVE:
→ Cigarettes, Copying People, Ishvallans, Women, Pant--er--Women again, PIRATES, Spade, Vivian.

HATE:
→ Foolish people, People who refer to others as 'trash', Spade's womanizing (he just wants them for himself), cheats, people who copy HIM.

DEEPEST SECRET:
→ He has an inferiority complex and believes that mimicking others will make him feel better about himself.

IDOL:
→ Chameleon, a Spiderman villain.

HISTORY:
→ "Boring! Boring! I'll tell you this now. My childhood is boring! Nothing happened! Seriously! Don't ask about it!"

Why not, Apos?

"I told you, didn't I? It's BOOOORING!"

Is that so?

"Yes!"

Well, the readers may not think so. So I'm going to begin whether you like it or not. Apos. Born in Hiessgart - that's Hiessgart, not NEW Hiessgart. He was born in the place that was overrun by Chimerae. Parents were hunters. He fed on Chimera flesh most nights as a kid. Found it pretty tasty, apparently.

"I didn't find out it was Chimera flesh until I was 6! Gimme a break!"

His parents were also actively against Alchemy. Something that, for the first 10 or so years of his life, he agreed to. Simply out of not knowing, or not understanding enough. Hiessgart was a pretty barren place, and it didn't take him long to get bored with his existence there. So he told his parents that he wanted to leave, and they told him to go shove it up his -

"No need to finish that sentence. I think they get it."

Okay, okay. He didn't like their reaction. So he decided to do the one thing he could - and he left. Without warning. No note or anything! He just left Hiessgart, and jumped into a train bound for Central. This was an eleven-year old child, people. And he was going to Central with no money for food or accommodation. Smart. So he thought. Turns out that living in Central City at his age was no easy task. Duh.

"Hey! So I wasn't thinking. I'm still alive, ain't I?"

Yes, that is true. He found himself being taken in by a nice man, someone very interested in Alchemy. This man was studying the ideas of Transmutation, and trying to discern the differences in each of the parts that made up an array. He wanted to develop an Alchemy Style that could both mimic and counter the Alchemy of others, and in all his youth, Apos wanted to help. So he went and tried to help, but at his age, ended up just getting in the way. So he was told that he'd be able to learn Alchemy with this man when he was older.

"It was only four years!"

Yeah. Four years later, Apos was taught. And he learned. Turns out that the kid not only had a high level of intelligence, but his memory itself was something to be feared. He could be given information once, and he'd remember it forever afterwards.

"I still remember that ass-whooping Mum and Dad gave me when I was three! Oh, I'm gonna get them back for that!"

Anyway, his studies began. It didn't take long for his adoptive father to realize that this child was learning and understanding faster than he was! He decided to make it interesting, and made it a competition. Whoever managed to develop some sort of Mimicry Theory would be allowed to continue on researching it, while the loser had to stop for five years before being allowed to continue. This is what awakened the competitive spirit with Apos, and he worked so hard he felt like his brains were going to fall out.

"Yeah, well it was wor" -thwack-

No spoilers! His work was worth it. All three years of it. His ideas in Mimicry Theory surprised even the man who had placed the building blocks, and he conceded defeat, promising not to study the theory for five years. Apos, who did believe in fairness, agreed to these terms, but said that the man could help him with his ideas, if he wanted to. But all research was to now be credited to him. The man agreed, and they set off to work again.

"It was hard! But I enjoyed it!"

You heard it from the horse's mouth, people! He ENJOYED his hard work. Anyway--

"What? I did!"

Of course you did. Now let's skip forward five years. I won't deny it - it got pretty boring in those five years, and nobody needs to see boring stuff.

"Aw, c'mon! What about that time I nearly picked up five chicks at once? Huh? HUH?"

That was a dating sim, Apos.

"Oh, right. Continue."

Well, after those five years, his father began to complain of a pain in his chest, and Apos took him to the hospital. Surprise, surprise, he had a heat condition, and died of a heart attack a week later. Did that deter Apos? Yes, yes it did. For about a month, he mourned silently in his home, not inviting anybody in, and not leaving. He ate, shat, slept and mourned. And then he realized something amazing. He had an epiphany. He. Was.

"Bored! It was so amazingly boring! I had to do something! So you know what I did? I went back to my studies!"

That he did. And how was he going to cope with the workload, now that the one person who he had relied on to assist his work was dead? He did the work for both of them! Because he's like that. So he worked and worked. For another 3 years. It took him three more years to develop his Alchemy... And it worked! He couldn't believe it! All of his hard work... It had worked. But he needed to test that. And where was the best place for a 26 year old virgin to go an test his Alchemy? The military, of course.

"Yup! I joined the Military. And that was where I met him. The man I call my enemy, the man I want to surpass! etc etc..." *trails off*

Who is the mysterious him, you might ask? Why, it's none other than Spade Aeries, head of Central HQ! Apos joined under the man, and started to work busily around with his Alchemy... Testing it was perfection. But he wanted more. He wanted to do more! All he could do was copy Alchemy, why couldn't he do more?! He surmised it - he wasn't strong enough. He needed to train. And that's what he's been doing. Training. That's been his whole life. Training.

"Yeah, and it's been great! I'm going to beat that old pervert at his own game! etc etc." *trails off*

So he says. We'll just have to see.

And back to the story of Apos. Since his arrival in Central, he went to East City for a short excursion, being confronted by the Homunculus Greed. Althought he annoyed the shit out of the Homunculus, he escaped with his life.

"Oi. Is this going to take long?"

No, Apos, it won't.

"Good. I can't stand it when things take this long."

Yes, yes. Anyway. After his trip to East City, he returned to Central, and basically did nothing for a month. Literally, nothing - save for research. He spent that entire time researching, flirting and attempting to go far greater than Spade - again, basically nothing.

"Excuse me?"

Shut up.

"Saywut?"

Seriously, shut up. I'm telling this, you're just here. Anyway, a month later, Apos was involved in the Central City Festival, with a... rather shitty job.

"Shitty ain't the ha--"

SHUT UP! So, he had this job cleaning the outhouses, and was confronted by Aren - before running around shouting out Spade's name like a boss. He ran for a long time, before seeing Markus fall from the ferris wheel, and Spade jumping after him. In a valiant display of friendship, Apos went and carried his friend out of the battlefield...

Before being hit by an ambulance.

T'was all well and good. He recovered from the accident, as did Spade, and so they resumed their drinking together. The first thing that he did was go with Spade and Ike into a gambling den. Hm. What. An. Idiot.

"Sh-shut up, you."

Oh, you shut it, naysayer. Anyways, all went well within this gambling den, and then came South City. Apos fought for a while there, before being left behind by the helicopter. In fact, I'm quite sure that the reason behind this was something to do with flirting? Ah, yes, Apos was flirting with an Aerugese soldier, by the name of Kim Malleo. Forgot to get her number though, the idiot. Did a few things, blew something or rather up, and then got to the West City battle, where he promptly crushed a man beneath his hulk of a motorcycle. Got shot, saved Spade, yadda, yadda, yadda.

"Hm. No real insults for once. I'm surprised."

I'm not all bad, you know.

"Uh-huh. Tell it to the judge."

...what? Ah, anyway. After the destruction of Central, Apos moved to North City to assist with rebuilding for a little while, just until he earned enough money to get out to the desert and begin this pilgrimage of his. Of course, things never go to plan. A wayward word from a couple of soldiers, and Apos found himself in a stolen helicopter, on the way to Drachma.

"Yeah, bitches."

He'll have to pay for that chopper, eventually. "Hk--" Anyways. Apos was, to be quite frank, shot out of the sky. However, instead of accepting death like a good boy, Apos chose to jump out of the goddamn helicopter, landing in front of its burning wreckage, and basically succumbing to shock... right in front of the beautiful Miss Duchamp.

"She's quite the looker, ain'--"

Shut up. Now, our story continues with Apos finally waking up in a North City hospital...

TRIVIA:
→ Speaks Amestrian and Ishvallan
→ Respects Spade highly.
→ Is afraid of cats.
→ Would join a pirate crew if he could, but he's too loyal to Spade to pull it off.

ALIAS:
→ Apos

OTHER CHARACTERS:
→ Dai, Hild, Aren, Ace, AA, Vito, Deirge, Meno, Sablya.

CREATOR'S COMMENTS:
→ Dai: 300; Fourth Wall: 0
→ He'll be keeping his rank, just temporarily becoming a citizen.

FACE CLAIM:
Code:
[b]GREAT TEACHER ONIZUKA[/b] [i]Onizuka Eikichi[/i]

CUSTOM RANK:
→ ENERGIZER BUNNY

OFFICIAL TITLE:
→ Mimicry

Last edited by Apos on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Apos Rajan Empty Re: Apos Rajan

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:30 am

APPROVED

YES, SOMETHING UNIQUE!!!
Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer: Aki

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:36 am

Rank Roll...
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:36 am

The member 'Dai' has done the following action : Rank Roll

'Lieutenant Roll' : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Ready for Review~

State Alchemist!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Schwartz Fri May 27, 2011 3:15 pm

APPROVED

^.^~
Aurelius Schwartz
Aurelius Schwartz
SWEAT MY RUST

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer: Aki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:07 am

Applying for Level 3~ I'll do the trans app when I get up. =w=

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:07 pm

REVISE

1. Alkahestric Ability: There are no Alkahestric circles; they are all pentagrams. And no he can't go on forever; that's impossible.
2. Trivia: You might want to edit the bit about Spade since he is leaving him and really doesn't seem to give a shit. XD
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Okayfixed.

Back to top Go down