Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Opposing Spectrums EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Opposing Spectrums EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Opposing Spectrums EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Opposing Spectrums EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Opposing Spectrums EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Opposing Spectrums EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Opposing Spectrums EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Opposing Spectrums EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Opposing Spectrums EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Opposing Spectrums EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Opposing Spectrums

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Opposing Spectrums Empty Opposing Spectrums

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:48 pm

What a beautiful day it was. Such a glorious day beneath a blazing sun. Her emeralds fell to the path before her, crowded with shuffling people. Not a one noticed her or the way she didn't blend in. Her clothes were torn, shabby and in varied colors of grey except the shabby maroon boots she had on. Her pants had a large hole in the knee and her shirt was a patterned white with a gray jacket over top. Her dark locks were brushed and pulled away from her face as they framed her porcelain skin. The more she stayed around, the more she seen how much she really didn't fit in. It kind of hurt, yes, but it wasn't something she could just deny. She was a visitor to them, but no one realized it. How strange that people never saw what she really was. If they knew, surely she'd feel more attention drawn to her, but alas, she was simply another strange woman on the streets in the bazaar.

As she paced the stalls, sights filled her eyes. Such fabrics, such materials all for interesting craftings. A man bustled in front of her with a coffee and a woman was behind, dragging a toddler by his tiny hand. What were their stories.. she wondered. Tatyana closed her eyes and looked away from them. No one could believe the truth and so she had her own under a coffin of lies. Interesting thoughts. Her father knew though.. he always knew. Nyx didn't understand, but accepted her. This was no place for her. Not here, not in Amestris, not in this time. The slip of a smirk was upon her lips. However, that didn't stop it. Here she was, defiling the time with her very presence.

A few more steps and she found an area to rest that an old lady had moved from. Off she limped with her groceries and not long after, Tatyana sat. Out of her pocket, she drew a book.. one from her Faher's studies. The printed words were in Drachman, making it a challenge for her, but she DID enjoy a challenge. Every time someone addressed her, she spoke in the language, earning panicked and fearful glares. People were so.. amusing. So racist and judgmental. How did they know she was a bad person? Actually what even DEFINED bad? It was all on perspective and opinion. One person might see killing as a crime, others saw it a gift.. not that she'd really killed anyone in the first place. With a shake of her head, she returned to the book.

Back to top Go down

Opposing Spectrums Empty Re: Opposing Spectrums

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:27 am

Despite the amount of time he had spent in South City, Hunter hadn't ever explored the attractions it had to offer. He often overheard tales of what the Bazaar and its many wares. Then again, the place had a reputation as a tourist trap. People traveled from far and wide to trade or purchase whatever they could find. Didn't matter if it was a bracelet or bobble-head as long as they had something to show for their trip.

It was a welcome change of scenery, coming to the bazaar. All he did was sit at a desk and pound away at paper, after paper, after paper. Just thinking about it all made his head spin. While he would usually be wearing his Military uniform, it was much too hot and he was on leave for a couple of days. Instead he wore a long gray shirt with the sleeves rolled up, fully exposing his automail and dusty blue pants to match. Like always, the young man had a lit cigarette hanging loosely from his mouth. There were a few people that seemed offended by the smell, but he paid them no mind as he took a long drag, "Is smoking a crime here or something?" He said, wisps of cream colored smoke drifting from his open mouth. After speaking, the people casting dirty looks went back to their own business, prompting a slight chuckle from him, "That's what I thought."

Hunter continued his lonely stroll through the bazaar, replacing his smoke if necessary and leaving a small trail of burnt cigarette butts in his wake. As time went by and he visited just about every stall or store, he found himself growing bored with the place. Eventually, each tent was just a carbon copy of the last. They peddled worthless stones with heavy price tags and everyone who didn't know any better just bought it all. He had half a mind to call them out, but it was none of his business what they did with their money. His word probably wouldn't stop them anyway. Right when he turned to make his way back to the office, a strange sight caught his eye. There was a woman sitting alone, reading a book. She didn't seem to be a local and, upon closer inspection, his thoughts were confirmed. He couldn't completely understand the words, but he knew enough about the language to know it was Drachman, "Hey, I think you might be scaring the..." Hunter paused for a moment, groping for the word necessary to complete his sentence. He always wanted to attempt speaking drachman, but it wasn't exactly welcome in Amestris considering their relationship, "People! You might be scaring the people."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 pm

"Hey, I think you might be scaring the...

-People! You might be scaring the people.
"

And so a hero entered the fray. What was his goal? To smite the troublesome young woman speaking a language she knew and wished to practice or to simply shoo an assumed Drachman. His accent was dreadful (not that she was without one), but he nearly butchered every word with the spoken Drachman. Of course, she was able to understand him, after all Tatyana was a very bright young lady. Her emeralds drew up to the ones meeting her. Then, just as quickly, they dashed away: bashful and shy.

"Aaa.. so cruel. How is it frightening to speak in this dialect. I feel offended that people treat me with such disdain." She pulled her lip into a frown. "You see, my mother was Drachman and I feel I honor her when I speak her God-given tongue." She sighed and closed her book. Upon her lap, it sat, closed and temporarily ignored.

"Nevertheless, should speaking in Amestrian be more to your pleasure? Or perhaps Cretan?" Her switchover to each language was rather perfect. Bright eyes were curious, not angered or annoyed. "I must say, you are the only one who hasn't beheaded me with your glares, I appreciate that." Her guess at Amestrian was naturally the main one. In Amestris, most people would speak Amestrian, twas just how the world was. It was a racist statement, but truth sat in it. "Thank you." After she closed her eyes, she uncrossed her legs and pressed her knees together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:47 pm

It may have been subtle, but Hunter could tell that the woman before him wasn't too pleased with the way he spoke Drachman. He wasn't very experienced with the language and often tripped over his words and phrases. Verb conjugation, grammar, and his noticeable Amestrian accent didn't help him at all, either. There was a reason he tried to speak his native tongue whenever possible; it kept Hunter from making a fool out of himself. When the (assumed) Drachman girl looked up to him for the briefest of moments, she would be able to see the his friendly smile along with a lit cigarette pressed to the right corner of his mouth, "People tend to act with hostility toward those with ties to their country's enemies. The countries of Amestris and Drachma aren't exactly on the friendliest of terms." He paused to take a drag from his cigarette, exhaling the sweet mentholated smoke into the wind, "Then again, your reason is noble. Everyone says or does something to make themselves more comfortable with a situation or honor the memory of someone close to them."

Hunter glanced around the immediate area to see people still staring daggers into the Drachman woman. He always thought that his own people would be more accepting of others due to Amestris' status as a cultural melting pot. Then again, open wounds were quick to fester, "If you're willing, maybe we should speak in your tongue." The young man butchered the language much like he did in his initial greeting, but the only way for him to get better would be speaking it. On the positive side, he had a native speaker to help him along if necessary, "Plus the reactions I get from the people around us are a little amusing. But I kill the language a little every time I speak it." A small chuckle escaped his lips and he took a seat directly across from her, smiling when she expressed gratitude for his lack of racism, "It's not a problem. I wouldn't exactly want to be glared at in Drachma if I were to visit."

Hunter doubted that he would even be able to enter the hostile territory with plans other than outright war. After all, the RIOTE had already encroached on soil that didn't belong to them, "The name's Hunter." He said, offering a hand for her to shake, "Pay no attention to the lack of skin."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:42 pm

"If you're willing, maybe we should speak in your tongue." She liked him already. How sweet of him. It felt.. oddly comforting to have a friendly face amongst the strangers. She'd mainly made the others uncomfortable, since they made her so. It was only fair after all, wasn't it? Her green eyes were closed away a minute while she smiled warmly at him. "Plus the reactions I get from the people around us are a little amusing. But I kill the language a little every time I speak it." She couldn't help but laugh a bit. It was good to know someone shared her sense of humor. It may have been cruel, but really, what did it hurt?

"Actually I my home language is Amestrian, as well. My mother was a Drachman speaker, however, I lived with my father more, which was an Amestrian dominant household." Precious memories. She rarely knew her mother anymore. Was it the black hole? The same rift that struck out a large five years of her life? It seemed the only likely option. "I just feel a little cultural diversity never hurt anyone."

The flutter of red blushed across her cheeks. "And to be honest, their reactions were amusing. I wanted to see how they reacted." Her hands rose up as she waved both in a defensive manner. "Not that I was lying about honoring my mother! I always found Drachman a beautiful language. Though not as much as Nipi." Her words wort of rushed a bit. She didn't mean to sound so excited, but sometimes Tatyana did. After all, her only real interactions normally were hommunculi or Nyx. Her own father barely minded her lately.

"Oh. I'm sorry! I didn't even introduce myself, I was so busy talking your ear off." Her hand slid into his rather easily; the cold hitting her. Automail. Green hit the silver metal with intrigue. "I have to admit.. I haven't really seen working automail so close to me." Her words were filled with fascination and awe. Not that she could remember, anyways. The slick feel certainly was different than skin, but at the same time, the accompaniment of his hand against hers was still welcome. Once the shake was done, she slipped a hand through her hair and pushed a bang out of her face. "I'm Tatyana, by the way."

Her conversation wouldn't stop there. Her constant thirst for knowledge needed quenched. "I admit I have read on it, but books never come close to a real experience. I have always wondered what's it like? Having automail, I mean? I hope that's not too rude for a stranger to ask." The emeralds rose to meet his own eyes, searching for any discomfort and only giving a gentle interest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:21 am

Hunter seemed to relax just a little more when the woman before him laughed at his little joke. It was nice to know that she had some sense of humor. Maybe she wasn't as cold as she seemed. After all, she was just a little out of place, "Oh, well that makes sense." He said, referring to when the woman spoke of her Drachman/ Amestrian heritage. It was a strange pairing, considering the tensions between the two countries. But if two members of the opposite sides could find some kind of love, then maybe there was hope for a treaty of peace. Then again, it would take more than an apologetic handshake to make up for each transgresion.

Once again, a smile flashed onto his face when she mentioned how the tourists and local people reacted to their small exchange in the Drachman tongue. Some seemed indifferent while others seemed surprised. Some were even angry, but they wouldn't act upon it. Causing a scene over a conversation in a different language was a ridiculous thought, "Even though they're my people, it's fun to jerk 'em around just a little. They need to learn to accept a little more. Can't consider peace when the people can't get over themselves." There he was, for the second time, thinking about peace. It was a pipe dream at best, "Don't worry, don't worry. I know you meant what you said about your mother. And while the language is beautiful, there are those who wish to see it stamped out." He couldn't understand the last bit of what the woman said, but he didn't want her to know that. Instead of just asking about the foreign tongue, he simply nodded a couple of times and took one final drag from his light to kill it off. Hunter couldn't see an ashtray or true place to dispose of it, so he just flicked the butt to the ground and crushed it under the toe of his boot.

"Don't worry about it, ma'am." He chuckled lightly, "It's nice to have someone talk my ear off for a change. I don't exactly have many friends here." Even though he couldn't exactly feel her hand against his, Hunter knew it was there; and for the briefest of moments, he wished that the his own hand would take the metal's place, "Not too many people have. But here in South City, you can't walk a block without running into a workshop specializing in prosthesis. He was slightly entertained by the way she admired his metal forearm. Examining it with her wide green eyes. When she was finished looking at the arm, Hunter finally managed to learn her name.

"Tatyana, huh?" He mused, testing it on his tongue, "It's very pretty... A name to match a face."

For a moment it seemed that Tatyana was going to approach a different subject, but she drifted back to the automail. It wasn't much of a problem, but remembering the circumstances was slightly uncomfortable, "No, it's not rude. You're just curious and I can't fault you for that." He paused for a moment to light another cigarette and placed it in his mouth, taking a drag, "It's like having a phantom limb. You can move it, utilize it and do everything you could with a normal arm except truly feel objects against it. Like when I shook your hand, for example. I could 'feel' the pressure, but not all of the other sensations that would come along with having a normal hand. The firm but pleasant grip, the light tickle of the fingertips sliding past each-other..." He was drifting off on a tangent but quickly snapped back on topic, a slight touch of red beginning to show on his face, "But the surgery was hell. They need to painstakingly connect each individual nerve to its mechanical counterpart without anesthesia because it would be difficult to make sure everything was in the right place. I had both my forearms and everything below my knees removed and replaced." He exhaled the rest of the smoke trapped in his lungs that would leave while he spoke, "Aside from that, I need to be careful about extreme heat and cold environments. The metal can heat up and burn me pretty badly in the sun. In freezing temperatures, it locks and becomes useless. On top of that comes the danger of freezer burn. So, depending on where I go, I must exchange parts. That procedure also sucks!" He laughed lightly and looked to Tatyana, "That answer satisfy you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:53 pm

The compliment didn't go unnoticed, but it seemed to be. Tatyana wasn't really in the mood to talk about her appearance, after all she was wearing the same old rags she basically always had to wear. It wasn't that she COULDN'T get money. Her father would probably buy her more clothes if she asked, but Tatyana disliked asking for help. Besides the slightest change of the clothes SHE wore might mess up the whole space-time-continuum. Not likely, but still highly possible. It was so irritating; following the guidelines.. rules of a GOD himself or herself.. whatever. Tatyana was no religious woman. If there was one.. then why was she sent into the past? It just seemed so.. illogical. Then again time travel had to be in her very genes.

"That answer satisfy you?" It was all so.. fascinating. She sat on edge, leaned towards him as he spoke. The whole idea was interesting her. To have something that responds but doesn't feel? It was half-dismissive when she spoke, but only because she was in thought. "Well hands aren't the most sensitive part of the body." Her fingers traced up the metal, the cold touch pooled into her fingertips. Interesting.

She was quiet and then, she smirked. The slightest of a wicked grin came to her face. "Aaa.. yes! To answer your question. I am satisfied." Her eyes closed and she sighed outwardly. Her hand brushed the irritating bangs back out of her face and she brushed off her dress, careful to avoid the book. "It must be a rough topic to talk about. My apologies."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:06 am

It seemed the compliment he payed earlier was ignored or simply unnoticed. Hunter didn't do things of that nature very often, so he was slightly miffed by it. Then again, he shouldn't expect everything that comes from his mouth to have an impact. The young man watched quietly while Tatyana traced her fingertips along his prosthetic, making him wish he could feel. It was a subtle wish, but he paid the price for his idiotic mistake, "They may not be the most sensitive, but I use them every day. I'm grateful for the automail and it's much better than wandering about with a stump, but I miss the small things. Call me nostalgic, I suppose."

Hunter took another drag from his cigarette, highlighted by the way its ember glowed brightly as air passed though it. He paused for a moment, inhaled through his nose, and tilted his head upward to exhale a sweet plume of mentholated smoke. The young man held that position for quite a while until Tatyana spoke suddenly, causing him to jerk back into position. He was met by a slight but very noticeable smirk, "Well I'm glad to be of service." Hunter said, flicking the ashes from his light, "And don't worry so much." He waved his right hand dismissively and ran it through his long, tied back hair, "It's not as bad as it looks. The only thing I don't like to talk about is how it happened." He shuddered at the thought, "To keep things brief, frostbite. That's why I'm stationed here in South. Nice and warm."

Hunter killed off his second cigarette and crushed the butt, reaching into his pocket for a third. He patted himself down a couple of times and eventually found his pack, but sighed upon seeing that it was empty, "I need to pick up another pack of smokes. You mind walkin' with me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 am

The man seemed rather sentimental, with the way he missed his hands. Well, truthfully she couldn't blame him. If she had lost her limbs, she was sure she'd miss them too. Lucky for her, she had no such troubles. Her troubles were way different, but in a way she supposed she could relate. He shuddered, mentioning that he had lost his limbs to frostbite. Naturally Tatyana wanted to learn more, but she wouldn't press the matter for now. That was beyond personal and it wasn't a spot she was ready to voyage. Besides, if he wanted to talk more on it, she was sure he'd talk about it.

Smoke billowed from his mouth with his each exhale. Tatyana didn't mind smoking, but after he finished the second one and started for a third, she felt a tad concerned. Was it such an addiction that people could rely so heavily on it? She watched, while his hands unearthed an empty pack and a grimace of disappointment in his eyes. An offer of walking with him was extended and for a moment she debated. The seconds passed and she shrugged. What the hell? It wouldn't hurt anything to take a small walk, besides the exercise could always do some good.

"Sounds fun." She said in a witty way, while sliding her book into a bag beside her. The strap fit with ease over her shoulder and hung at her waist. "Though I have to admit, I wonder if you're trying to get an artificial lung, as well." She paused a moment, to pull her hair out from under her top. "Don't get me wrong, I don't mind smokers, but you've been through two in the last 15 minutes which is to me quite impressive." She wasn't intending on judging him, just a friendly warning he probably got all the time. Her laugh followed in a gentle manner. "They say smokers are bad runners.. I wonder if that's true." Would he be upset? It was likely, but she wasn't really TRYING to make him mad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Hunter waited patiently while Tatyana seemed to toss the idea about in her head. He had a feeling that the woman already had an answer, but just wanted to make him anticipate her decision. On second thought, he could have just been over-analyzing the situation. She could have been truly thinking it over for all he knew. A small smile crept to his lips and he stood from his seat, watching patiently as the woman before him began her preparations. She slid her book into its proper place withing her bag and slung it right over her shoulder, "I don't think I'd enjoy having to go through a surgery that invasive." He said as he folded his arms, drumming his fingers absentmindedly, "Then again, you sound like you want to sit in on that kind of surgery. Don't hold your breath though."

Hunter was just about to turn and begin looking for the nearest stand that sold pre-packaged cigarettes when he heard Tatyana's last remark. The words hung in his mind and made his jaw clench slightly, "...smokers are bad runners..." There may have been a little more to what she had said, but his selective listening locked onto that one small part as if she were issuing a challenge, "That a challenge?" He said, turning once again to face her, "If so, I'd be glad to leave you in my dust." He ground the tip of his toe into the dry, dusty dirt and traced a horizontal line, "From right here to the shop at the end of the way..." Hunter raised his left hand and pointed at the finish line, "It doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you reach the end first. I beat you, and you'll pay for my next pack. Does that sound fair?"

He was itching to prove her 'statement' about smokers wrong. If his habit was enough to put a large handicap on his physical ability, then he wouldn't be able to stay in the military for too long. After all, he needed to pass a fitness exam every so often. Sure, he couldn't run at his hardest for extended periods of time or hold his breath for too long; but that didn't mean he wasn't able to give a challenger a run for their money, "Though, I would understand if you decided not to take the offer. I would be afraid to be beaten in a race by a chain smoker, too."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Oops. Seems she hit a nerve. The man went from kind of passive to competitive in what felt like record time. He spun on his heel and spoke bravely. "That a challenge?" In some terms she supposed it was. Actually it had been speculation, but it was to her own devices she found he was serious and she'd made him interested in a race. Tatyana wasn't in any sort of clothing to race. Her shoes were a bit bulky but it was too late to go back now. Tatyana wouldn't back down from a challenge and though she had no money, he didn't need to know that. Besides, she had enough likely to cover one carton.. she hoped. Her father may have been head of the most infamous terrorist group around, but that didn't mean she needed to be dishonorable or a liar.

He kept on about it. Her eyes closed and she simply laughed. "I suppose I can't." She smirked, Her arms slipped into a crossed position. "Though I wonder what beating a girl will do to your reputation?" This time she was pushing more for the challenge. She didn't mind, but the way he specified the 'It doesn't matter how you get there' aspect, foretold of a curious aspect. What did he have up his sleeve? Nevertheless, she moved up to his side.

Her body pressed next to his. Arm against arm, she looked at him. "Well. Whenever you're ready, sir." As always, manners were a part of who she was. Her feet pressed to the line and she shifted herself to a running position.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Hunter was a little hesitant to race the woman after he had a brief moment to think about it. Maybe there was a little more to what she said, maybe his selective hearing blocked some of her out, may-...what would beating a girl do to your reputation?" That was the last straw, not only was he going to leave Tatyana in the dust, he was going to pick an expensive pack. It was going to be a petty victory, but he didn't care too much, "Winning wouldn't do too much to elevate me, but a loss would be a crippling blow." The last part was a joke, but she didn't need to know that. She needed some kind of motivation to beat him other than... Wait a second... They never set a prize for her if she were to win. Then again, it would just be a waste of time.

As soon as the words, "Whenever you're ready..." exited her mouth, Hunter broke off into a full sprint without a word and a wide grin on his face. People were quick to get out of his way, not wanting to get caught up in the pair's nonsense. The young man looked over his shoulder to see what Tatyana was doing. It would be a nice sight, watching her run in that long skirt.

"How does my back look from the-" Hunter was cut off as he slammed straight into a large cart stopped at the front of one of the many tents, unloading fruits and other goods. Of all the cliche things to run into, it had to be a food stand. The impact was strong enough to make him fall right on his back, the familiar taste of iron in his mouth, "Son of a..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:46 am

Well it didn't take long for him to jet off. He was running as soon as she asked if he was ready. Well that was against custom in most races and gave her a disadvantage, but she began to move as well. It kind of hurt awkwardly with the way the clunky shoes were hitting hard on the ground. Her eyes locked forward as he took an edge on the race. He was ahead of her, sprinting towards the goal. She followed close behind, ducking around a couple pedestrians. It was a bit difficult admittedly, but at the same time, the rush was exciting. Tatyana could feel the wind flowing along her legs, fluttering her skirt and easing her muscles into a faster sprint. She'd feel the burn tomorrow, but the fun of her 'today' was worth it.

He turned and began to sputter something in Drachman that she couldn't understand over the wind in her ears, bustle of the city and the way the words were a bit jumbled. Then he ran into a cart and fell over. Amusing to her. Naturally she used this temporary set back to dance around the cart with a bit of a twirl. Whether or not he saw, she had winked at him. "You better get up, or else I won't be able to stare at it more." She wasn't in it to win, but to have fun. Tatyana wasn't much of a gambler, but sometimes stakes made the game more interesting, only time would tell.

Her face was back forward and for a second, she stopped and to the curiosity of most bystanders, she kicked off her shoes. They were more than a little irritating and once she'd taken them off, she kept running. So much better, despite how odd she looked running in her bare feet in public. Reminded her of times as a child. Though her father usually didn't approve, Tatyana hated socks and shoes, but sometimes her hatred of cement and jagged rocks was a bit more potent. Her eyes rose back to the goal, the game wasn't done.. not yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Hunter released a pained groan as he sat up just to be met by the smug expression of his competitor. Tatyana seemed rather amused by his little accident and the young man struggled to keep his face from burning bright red. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't keep the smallest tinge of color flowing into his cheeks and it only grew brighter when the Drachman woman gave him a little wink and twirl. It was a taunt, and he understood that perfectly, "You think you're so cute, huh?" He said, jumping to his feet as Tatyana spoke, responding to his earlier comment. It was more than a little embarrassing, but he tried his best to shrug it off, "On second thought..." He paused and looked her up and down a couple of times, "I might not mind letting you run in front of me for a little bit. The view is rather nice!"

With that, he broke off into a full run again. Hunter bobbed, weaved, and even pushed his way through the larger crowds of people; only looking back for the briefest of moments to see how far Tatyana was behind him. To his surprise, she kept up quite well, especially after she kicked off her clunky shoes. She may have looked like a prim and proper ice queen, but it was a pleasant surprise to see that she had some kind of fire to her. If he weren't such a heavy smoker, he probably would have been able to sprint the entire way without a single problem. He could feel his chest beginning to tighten as his lungs struggled to keep up with his physical activity, but Hunter wouldn't let himself be beaten, especially after the little bit of trash talk they had earlier. Lungs willing or not, he was going to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:33 pm

He recovered rather quickly much to her relief. It wouldn't be fun if her friend was broken already. There was no challenge in it. Yet his eyes- she could feel them move up and down her body. She laughed inwardly but betrayed a knowing smirk even while he spoke the obvious. Of course he'd want to be behind her- He wanted to stare at her ass. Not that she minded. Let him stare, he did no harm with it. Off they were again. Tatyana did her best to stay in the race, but she was letting him win. She wasn't going to insult him by letting him lose to a girl in a skirt. Men had pride issues. There was something about losing that could really demoralize one. So, instead, she'd try and coax him into winning. Not that he needed it, she was just silently nudging him.

His running began to weaken and she could tell the lungs must have been starting on him. She narrowed her eyes in thought, then stepped forward awkwardly. It was painful, but intentional. It sort of confirmed his win, as she felt her knees lock. She had twisted her own ankle and hissed softly at herself. Certainly she felt foolish, but she'd live. It was better than him coughing up blood from a playful game. Her body shifted and she simply sat on the ground until he was done running. She could get up, but it would ache a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Hunter was so caught up in his running that he didn't notice Tatyana take her fall. He probably would have known it was intentional if he were watching the girl the entire time, but that would most likely lead up to him slamming right into another stand of some sort. The only reason he looked back to see her on the ground was because of the large crowd of people just staring in Tatyana's direction. His smug smile was quickly replaced with a slight frown and he picked up his pace when returning to see what exactly was wrong, "What happened to you?" He asked lightly, attempting to hide his worry, "Get caught up in that skirt of yours?"

Hunter dropped to one knee and examined her briefly before the swollen ankle caught his attention. He winced a little at the sight, but it was nothing too serious, "Good news, you get to keep your foot. Bad news, walking on it for now is just going to complicate things." He looked to Tatyana's face and grinned, "So there are a few ways we can do this thing; I find a cart to push you around in, I find a wheelchair, a pair of crutches..." He paused for a moment and gave a small shooing gesture to the onlookers, "Or I could carry you. Piggy back, bridal, it doesn't really matter to me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:35 pm

"Get caught up in that skirt of yours?" She smiled sheepishly and looked away. Well that was sort of the answer. Gentle rose colored her cheeks; filling them slowly. He had come back to help her. That was expected, but still as flattering. Despite how it was planned, it didn't stop her body from hurting. The ankle throbbed even as he came to look at it. There was intent and then a grimace. "Good news, you get to keep your foot. Bad news, walking on it for now is just going to complicate things." Tatyana couldn't help but laugh at him lightly.

"And here I feared amputation." Her hand pressed to her forehead. She opened her mouth to speak, again, but she was cut of by his words. First he spoke in Amestrian, but then.. the words were spoken n Drachman. Very terrible Drachman, but still broken. C-Carry her? He was absurd! She felt her cheeks turn a good shade darker as she swallowed the sudden flux of nerves. "I-I am fine. I can walk on my own." It was kind of a lie. It hurt to stand up, but she looked bad enough for forfeiting the race, but to have to be carried away? That seemed almost embarrassing. All she had wanted to do was to let him keep his dignity! Why did she have to lose hers to accomplish that?!

She winced at the feeling of pain striking her deeply. "I owe you a pack, don't I?" A diversion. As long as she spoke, she could distract him from how she hobbled. She couldn't be a burden, she was already enough of one. She was poor, she lived in a borrowed home and wore often borrowed clothes. "And thank you for the offer, but I don't make it a habit to be carried by a man until I've kissed him." As she spoke, she tried to ease the air with a bit of a joke. "And I take back what I said about smokers. Seems you had me beat."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:38 am

Hunter managed to suppress a smile that threatened to creep onto his face when Tatyana looked away from him after he spoke, embarrassed about her situation. He couldn't blame her considering his rather cliche slam into a cart while he wasn't paying attention during their race. For her sake, he pretended not to notice the blush that began to form on her cheeks and turned his attention to the ankle for a brief moment, laughing lightly at her joke about amputation, "I would fear amputation too if I were you. Even when you lose the limb, it still feels like it's there. Strange phenomenon, you know?"

Hunter didn't intend to cut the woman off while he spoke his rather poor Drachman in an attempt at some form of connection. He constantly tried his best to keep from butchering the language to no avail. Tatyana probably couldn't bear to hear him go on any longer, or he was just over-thinking the issue. The young man had a nasty habit of doing that, always managing to get himself lost in his own thoughts. Hunter was too busy agonizing over his perceived idiocy to notice how flustered he made the woman, only snapping back when she spoke quickly in order to cover for herself. Upon seeing just how red Tatyana was, he simply couldn't keep the smile from creeping up. This was a good opportunity to make her squirm, and he couldn't lit it slip through his fingers, "You don't look too fine, actually." He said, gently pressing his hand to the injured ankle. His automail was meant to deal with the warmer weather in South, so the cooling sensation would be good enough to prevent some swelling, "Don't let your pride make things worse, Tat." He retracted his hand when she began to stand once again and rushed to give her some kind of support, placing her arm across his broad shoulders.

"Don't worry about the cigarettes for now." He said, "You can pay me back after you get that ankle wrapped up." Considering his height, it was going to be a little awkward trying to help her along until they reached the nearest medical center, "You know, it would be so much easier for us both if I just picked you up!" His plan was to just complain until she gave up, but that was cut short by her next sentence, "Under normal circumstances, I'd respect that. But your ankle will blow up like a balloon if you don't get it iced and elevated."" He looked to her and smiled, "As for the kissing part, well..." He trailed off and used her final statement in an attempt to segue the conversation, "I don't know about that. If you didn't get yourself hurt, you may have had me beat. Smoking is a silly habit, but I have my reasons."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:12 pm

He had decent arguments with a hint of nagging... he was worse than a woman... sort of. However, she guessed his concerns were well-placed. She couldn't help but feel a little flattered. Her lips curled into a soft smile as she found herself leaning on him. "Guess I'm running out of options then, huh?" Her laugh was a bit dry as she nervously pressed into him. Tatyana wasn't exactly someone who enjoyed having to rely on others. After all, she could easily be messed up that way. People used other people.. or.. so she was told. The stories were never good ones on the news. People knifed others and then robbed them. It wasn't like she had anything worth stealing but the thought of a knife piercing her soft side was not a pleasant one.

Either way, she was kind of leaning on him and making it really awkward to walk. So.. she was met with a sorts of ultimatum. After a short distance, she stopped walking and looked at him, then at the distance in front of them. "Tell a soul and I will make sure you regret it," she huffed through the red on her cheeks. Her eyes couldn't look at his. It was an awkward moment. This wasn't the way she pictured it going. Who would have imagined twisting her ankle would hurt THAT much. Then again.. now that she thought about it, maybe it hadn't been such a good idea. She scrunched her nose at the thought. Oh well... shit happened and now she was stuck with this man a while.. not that she minded.

He avoided the whole kissing thing like the plague and inwardly she laughed. It was a nice sort of revenge. He wanted to pick on her? Well he wasn't going to do so without picking back. After all, Tatyana always had a bit of bite in her. "SO.. do you do this often?" Her voice was casual, as she continued. "Race women, beat them and then take them to a clinic? I'd imagine it's not a very catchy pick-up line.." She was simply waiting for him to decide on how was easiest to carry her.. hopefully nothing crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Hunter was aware of how awkward the situation may have been for her, having to rely on a complete stranger for assistance. He could be taking advantage of her vulnerable state to rob, kill and just about everything in between. Then Tatyana seemed like the type to put up a fight no matter how hurt she may be, "As a matter of fact, you are. But if you want to keep hopping about then you're more than welcome. Just don't get offended when I call you 'Hopalong', okay?" He laughed a little harder than he should have at his little joke but managed to regain control of himself before he would trip and possibly injure her further.

Just as he was opening his mouth to start on another topic, she stopped and looked at him, warning the young man not to breathe a word what was going to happen next to anyone. He thought about prodding her for a moment and decided against it, smiling warmly instead,"Don't look so embarrassed, okay? It's only awkward if you make it that way." Before she could change her mind, Hunter crouched and swept the Drachman woman right off of her feet in a bridal fashion. Tatyana was probably too sore to jump on his back and throwing her over his shoulder would have looked ridiculous, "Before you say anything, think about the positives. This way you're more horizontal instead of vertical so it should slow down the rate at which your ankle swells." He looked straight ahead as he spoke, not wanting her to see how red his own face was, "Like it or not, you're stuck this way. So let's keep the complaints to a minimum, alright?"

The two of them were silent for most of the time he carried her, the sight prompting more than a few people to gawk before returning to their own business, "Actually, I don't do this very often. As for the race and everything after that, it's my first time. Hopefully the last. Can't carry you every time you decide to get hurt, Hopalong." He was trying his best to jab at her every time she did the same in an attempt to make it seem like he wasn't very nervous. Hunter would never admit it, but he hasn't even kissed a member of the opposite sex. Considering his age and everything else, more than a couple of people would be surprised about his lack of real experience with women, "But who needs pick up lines when I can just pick the woman up? It's much easier."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:50 pm

"Before you say anything, think about the positives. This way you're more horizontal instead of vertical so it should slow down the rate at which your ankle swells."

..She made a face. Yes. Her ankle swelling was something to be concerned about, but still, she felt more than a bit goofy being swept off her feet by a stranger. She turned her eyes away a moment and sighed. He had a point in saying there was no point in complaining. A swelled ankle wasn't exactly attractive. Oh, what had she gotten herself into? And he started calling her Hopalong, which naturally turned her a few shades redder. Oh.. he'd have his day! She wasn't sure when or how, but she'd get him back! Likely not in a malicious way, though. Despite all the rough talk she put out, she was a pretty docile person.

He was such a .. strange man. He seemed completely okay with carrying her around. She felt so odd and out of place, but didn't argue with it. There was no point in getting upset or worried about being in the man's arms. Likely all she needed was some ice for a while. His words were playful and joking, but true. It probably was easier just to pick women up rather than hit on him. "You seem to be doing well enough." She had barely realized she'd spoken. An instance where her words slipped away before she could catch them was always a troubling moment. Her lips formed into a grin. "So. After we apply ice to my injury, what do you suppose we do next?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:30 am

The young man could tell that his little jests were beginning to get to her, even if she tried not to show it too much. Every person had some form of tell that they couldn't control, and the colors she turned when prodded would be extremely hard to miss on her pale skin, "Why is it that you turn colors so easily?" He teased, a devious smile on his face, "I guess you don't have ice running through your veins. His words, while still in a joking tone, held just a little weight. Hunter was never one to judge by appearances, but she could bring boiling water to a freeze just by staring at it. The thoughts could have been influenced by the faint bias he held in regards to Drachman people. After all, he had been fed nothing but bad news since joining the military.

After walking for several minutes, Hunter could feel his biceps beginning to burn as lactic acid built up and fatigued him. While the automail did help some, his surgery only removed everything just below his elbows and knees. This meant that he was still bound by his body's limitations. Luckily enough for the both of them, the pair was coming close to the clinic, "I hope you have some form of ID or something. If not, I'll have to sponsor you in." He said, "As for what we'll do after, well..." Hunter paused for a moment when he reached the door and pushed it open with his foot, "I might just have to take you home."

The two were greeted by a friendly woman waiting at the front desk, a slight frown flashing on her face upon noticing the acute swell that began to form on Tatyana's ankle, "She twisted herself up pretty good, ma'am." He said, watching patiently while the nurse approached and gently poked his forehead,

"And here I thought you were coming in because of your lungs. That smoking habit of yours has to stop if you want to continue your career. We can't have our boys wheezing after physical activity."

While it was a pain to be nagged about the cigarettes every single time he showed up, Hunter simply took the chastising with a smile and nod. He made sure to throw in an apology or two just to give the illusion that he was actually listening to what the woman said, "Anyway, I think you can peck me after Hopalong here get herself checked out."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:32 pm

"Why is it that you turn colors so easily?" Her nose twitched and she frowned. In a somewhat serious and part sarcastic tone, she replied. "I'm part chameleon." It was a smart-ass comment more than it was a lie. Her eyes were closed and her face was away from his. Just one of those instinctive things that happened. What did he mean? Had he caught onto her so fast? Yet, she was trying to be unpredictable so she her each more was to be guessed? It didn't make sense..

ID? Shit.. she'd forgotten about needing that. She hadn't intended to go to hospitals, so not even a fake one would work. In fact she did't have a real identity in this time, anyways which was really complicated and hard to explain. HOWEVER, that didn't stop her for playing pretend. After all, such an excuse as "I don't have one to use because I'm from the future," wasn't likely going to work and would probably land her in the mental clinic. She fumbled in her pockets for a few seconds, only to realize they were empty! (She already knew that of course). "I don't seem to have it on me.. I thought I-" She huffed in pseudo-frustration then looked up at him. "Looks like you're my superhero today. I don't have my ID, today."

His comment on taking her home made her laugh outwardly. Acting cool, she joked, "And what would we do there? I'm pretty sure I'd be too much for you."

Hunter kicked open the door like someone from old cliche movies. Inwardly she couldn't help but laugh. Why not? She wasn't truly sure. She just felt so.. amused by him. They walked in and not a moment later the receptionist was teasing him about his lungs as well. Tatyana gave a triumph grin inwardly. Hunter seemed only slightly put off, though and as if he knew she was laughing at him, he called her Hopalong.. again. Immediately she felt her cheeks redden. Couldn't he let this go?

"I just need some ice and a wrap, ma'am." She gave Hunter a look though. One that dared him to keep making her embarrassed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Tatyana's reply about her being a chameleon was quite amusing and caused Hunter to stifle a small chuckle, "With today's science, that is entirely possible. But I have me doubts about that." He waited patiently while the woman searched herself for identification, tapping his foot in faux impatience in an attempt to fluster her just a bit more. The reason escaped him, but he just had so much fun doing it. After a short moment of waiting, Hunter pulled his wallet from his back pocket and flipped it open, handing the nurse his military ID, "First I get you hurt, then I carry you here just to save you yet again. I have a feeling you'd be lost without me."

While the nurse was running his ID through, Hunter lightly jabbed Tatyana's forehead with his index finger for her little joke after setting her down in a vacant wheelchair, "You won't be too much of anything for at least three weeks, Gimpy. But even if you were fighting fit, I could take you." It seemed that Hunter completely missed the point of Tatyana's joke, thinking she meant a fight or something along those lines. One couldn't really blame him, considering his lack of romantic or sexual experience. It was, quite possibly, the young man's greatest shame, "You won't need me to follow her into the back for her little wrap up, right? I'm sure the big baby can handle it herself." He was fully aware of her little death glare, but he wasn't too fazed, "Don't give me that look. What's the worst you could do, trip on me?" He laughed, "You're about a hundred pounds soaking wet, so I should be fi- AGH!"

Hunter was cut off by a firm palm to the back of his head and whirled around to see who it was just to be caught by another slap across his face, "Will you stop-" He dodged the third, "hitting me?" He snatched his identification away from the nurse and prepared for yet another tongue lashing about how he shouldn't be so rude to a young lady and all of that good stuff, "Hey, but she started-" He was cut off, yet again, "It doesn't matter! You're supposed to be a Lt. Colonel yet you continue to act like a little child! How in the world did they not break you of those little habits while you went through training?"

She had him there, "Look; take care of her first, bust my ass later. That seem fair?" The woman nodded and shoved her way past him to wheel Tatyana away, "He's a good kid." She said once out of earshot, "A bit volatile and immature, but good. But don't let him know I said that. It would ruin our little dynamic."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:53 am

This man would be the death of her, surely! His mocking and teasing continued in a manner that was sort of pleasant. It wasn't often that people dared to pick on Tatyana. Most were afraid to be around her in her time, but with good reason. Her father was a legend in his own way. People didn't mess with you when they thought your father could kill them in the most painful ways possible. Not like he really would, but fear was healthy she supposed. This man, though.. he was different- strange even. Her eyes found him appealing, while his emotions found herself lost in flickering uncertainty. For some reason, she felt something similar to whiplash in her veins.

He kept at it, until the woman smacked him. The nurse, that is. Tatyana was honestly surprised. First he'd missed her flirting, then he was being beat by a nurse. It wasn't very.. manly.. for lack of better words. Tat was then taken away from her new friend, to speak with the woman. "He's a good kid. A bit volatile and immature, but good. But don't let him know I said that. It would ruin our little dynamic." Tatyana laughed lightly. He wasn't very vicious, full of fight, but if she were really to fight him, she had a feeling he'd take it easy. Truly a gentleman... with boyish tenancies, but that made him a bit more fun. Life was always a wonderful thing to be full of (Even if it was mixed with tar).

"Your secret is safe with me." Tatyana laughed it off. Her eyes closed a moment, before she sat on the recliner bed that were in clinics. "It's strange, but I don't think I've really met someone who was just so.. vivid." After opening her eyes, she looked at the nurse. "It seems with all the fighting nowadays, people trudge around in pain and depression. It's good to feel alive once in a while."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum