Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Fireflies  EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Fireflies  EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Fireflies  EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Fireflies  EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Fireflies  EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Fireflies  EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Fireflies  EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Fireflies  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Fireflies  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Fireflies  EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Fireflies

Go down

Fireflies  Empty Fireflies

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Eyes poked past the corner of a door. Wide blue-purple eyes that simply stared widely at the length of room before her. The long carpet that led to a throne. The man that sit at its ranks was not a man it was before. In fact the body seemed more familiar than the previous emperor... if That was possible? Her brow furrowed and for a moment she just stood there, peeking like a pervert, though she knew no better. There was nothing wrong with just standing there and staring instead of entering the room like she was supposed to. Hesitance in herself, worry and concern and- Well what did he want? It was something to do about the emperor? SO she'd been told or.. was it that she hadn't been- or? Lian was so confused. Her brow furrowed more and she shirked back a moment. Was the man mad at her? Had she done something worth being yelled at? No..

1...2...3.. She swallowed a breath and led her feet to a scuffle up to the man. Her purple-blue eyes staring down while she focused on not tripping over her own steps. Her jacket swung with each sashay of natural cause on her hips. The hop in her step trying to trigger a stasis of pep, interest and confidence. She could do this. Once she reached a few feet away, she fell to her knees and looked up at the man. "A-Ah.. Y-You called, sir?" A stammer of nervousness flew over her words. This man was a stranger and yet- not at the same time. the face was familiar, but Lian had a lot of that. After all, she was a woman with a magical touch per-say. As if to rectify her anxiety, she tugged the hood of her jacket up and let the ears drop to either side of her face. Light purple locks drifting beneath and upon her chest, that led to her light purple Xingese dress. The gentle and dainty fingers pulled at the ears to show a bit of hyperactivity. She disliked sitting still, especially when concern rolled over her like a river. The look in her eyes

Back to top Go down

Fireflies  Empty Re: Fireflies

Post by Qin Shi Xun Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:33 am

"A-Ah.. Y-You called, sir?" Qin opened his eyes and let his odd blue gaze roam over the woman in front of him. He couldn't help but smile when he saw her, unchanged by the passage of time and the years it had been since the last time they had spoken. No it had been more then years for the newly risen emperor, it had been a life time. A life time that had most defiantly left its mark on him. As was usual for the setting he was in he wore cloths that seemed made for another man, rich decedent robes made of the finest silks, dyed to perfection and tailored for him like nothing else he had ever worn. Still with as much as they where made for him, they still felt... Wrong. He was used to the loose fitting cotton shorts and pants that had been his every day wear at home. But now circumstances had changed and he had no one to blame but him self. With a sigh he straitened and put his hands in his lap. For all that he remembered her , it seemed he had been forgotten, he really wasn't all that surprised."That i did." He had always been one to speak little and let his actions do the talking, but ever since the operation well... That had become actually necessary.

He a little laugh he started back up, his voice carrying even though he spoke in a low if happy voice."Though why your so nervous i really don't understand. Or do you not remember saving my life all those years back? Though i wonder why you should, i was just one face among a platoon of others." He chuckled some then, one never tended to forget someone who tended their wounds. But the ones who did the healing tended to forget those they helped, it was funny in a sad way."Ohh and i hope my summons didn't come at a bad time, i didn't mean to disrupt your day." Courtesy was important no matter who you where, and it was even more important in a ruler because their actions could have far reaching consequences that they could not control.

Qin Shi Xun
Qin Shi Xun
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 1
Writer: Bro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:55 pm

The man before her seemed to strike a slight familiarity. Who was he and how did she know him? She knew so many people simply from living on the streets for a time of her life. Material items were not worth the pain of collecting. There was only so much that money could buy and in her time, happiness was not one of them, unless, of course that money was to buy ice cream. Ice cream was the answer to every problem. “Though why are you’re so nervous, I don’t really understand. Or do you not remember saving my life all those years back? Though, I wonder why you should, I was just one face among a platoon of others.” He had a point. With how many faces she’d seen it was a miracle she could remember a single one. This man was certainly special with his white hair and his slightly aged face. That voice too, struck something of comfortable feeling in her stomach. Something like a family member or an old friend, but Lian could not recall. It must have been back then, when her training had just ended or the start of her new career. She didn’t visit her past often, for a lot of reasons. One main one was, she just didn’t feel interested in what had been. It was much better to live in the then and now, than the ‘what could have been’. Strive for a brighter future. “Ohh and I hope my summons didn’t come at a bad time. I didn’t mean to disrupt your day.” Disrupt her day?

The medic blinked a couple times, before awarding the man a smile and a shake of her head. “No, sir!” Her hand moved to salute him in a goofy way. That was what they did to emperors.. right? Somehow that didn’t feel right. Oh well, it didn’t matter at the time. What HAD she been up to? She couldn’t even remember, anyways. It must not have been too important (somewhere in Xing a house was on fire from her forgetting to turn off the oven. Her poor adopted mother would be freaking out, but that would be a story for another day. ) Her phone was vibrating in a pouch at her waist, but she ignored it. Emperor comes before cell phones… right? Either way, she didn’t even know it was buzzing on her hip. The frequent shake of the angry machine was just a loss to the woman who knew so little about the world. Blue-purple eyes found the man kindly as they rose to meet his own pupils. “I hope I’m not late. I- forget what I was doing, but I hurried here when I realized you had called!” Meaning she’d hopped, tripped and fell a few times. She probably chased a butterfly or two and got lost when it came to a fork in the road. Later, she would encounter thugs who chased her down the wrong alley. The normal stuff, day to day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Qin Shi Xun Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 am

“No, sir!” The girl saluted him... Which was odd considering he held no official military rank any more and well the way she saluted was well, interesting to say the least but goofy was a more correct term, though he wouldn't say that to the girl he doubted she would handle the embarrassment vary well. Still he couldn't help but chuckle some as she did so. “I hope I’m not late. I- forget what I was doing, but I hurried here when I realized you had called!” He just nodded his grin getting a little wider as she spoke. It seemed what he had told had been true, this woman was more then a tad air headed, and maybe even a little ditzy but she was one of the best in her field from what he had been told... And Qin was in desperate need of that talent. BUZZZ. That caused him to blink some and his eyes to dart... Was he hearing things? BUZZZ. No. No he was not, something some where was buzzing and well... It was kinda annoying."Do you hear that?" His head swiveled, trying to find the source of the sound and then his eyes landed back on Lian. There could be no mistaking it, she was buzzing.

"Lian...Your buzzing." He smiled a little wider and sat back and crossed his legs."You can go ahead and answer it, seems like it must be important." He let a chuckle slip out and absently rubbed his throat. The pain just seemed to get worse as the days went on, but he was at least growing used to the discomfort, growing used to the sleepless nights. But with any hope those would soon be gone and he would finally get some real rest. He hoped the rummer's where true, if not well he would live but he would not live nearly as well. "They are after all interrupting a rather important job interview, why else would you have your ringer on? Must be life or death." He let humor drip into his words to take any sort of sting out. It was not often that he got a chance to joke or kid anymore.
Qin Shi Xun
Qin Shi Xun
PENDING

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:29 am

"Do you hear that?" Buzz, buzz. Eh? Her head turned and craned around. What was it that she didn't hear? A few blinks and the woman rose to her full height and repeated the notion. Left then right, then she attempted to twist her head around all the way around, to no avail. "Lian...Your buzzing." E-eh?! Her eyes, wide and purple lifted to him. She was buzzing? Was that a bad thing? Again she jumped and seemed to look over herself then back at him, not exactly getting his point just yet. You can go ahead and answer it, seems like it must be important." OH! Her phone! Lian clicked finally with what had to be the source of the buzzing! Well, that made her feel a bit sheepish a moment, while she tried to FIND the phone. Her hands pulled and desperately pulled about her bag and jacket, while she sought out her cell. Of course nothing worked until she swung her bag by accident and OUT! went the phone, skidding on the floor with a 'THUNK!'

"AH!" Lian cried out as she staggered and stumbled, trying to race to it. Her legs giving way from the sudden shift and herself collapsing on the floor. Well, at least her hands caught her fall so she could sort of hop back to her feet. Despite her utter clumsiness, she regained a bit of dignity when she caught her body and recovered rather swiftly. A phone in hand, she hesitantly opened it, but the call was done anyways. The phone went to voice-mail and Lian was stuck standing there, awkwardly holding her phone in hand with red on her cheeks. "They are after all interrupting a rather important job interview, why else would you have your ringer on? Must be life or death." Panic flew through the young woman's veins. Was he upset? What was worse.. was who called her REALLY in a life or death situation. What if- WHAT IF HER IGNORING THEIR CALL KILLED THEM.

"Ah-ah! I-I'm so sorry, sir! I didn't mean to- My phone should have been off- but I for-got and.." Her frazzled eyes worked frantically before she shoved her phone away. She had to try and think positive. It was okay. If they were in that bad of a situation, she would be paged instead. A simple call could be something as singular as a conversation. She prayed that was it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Qin Shi Xun Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:41 am

His joke seemed to be blown out of proportion as something akin to panic filled the younger woman's eyes. What... What had he said to send her into such a state of panic? Honestly he had been kidding with the woman... But maybe his station... His new station prevented him from making jokes? Maybe kidding or fooling around was something an emperor should not do. Now that just sounded dull. He was a man after all, a man who enjoyed the odd giggle now and again and that was no crime! He had been a man and a boy before that, long before he had ever been an emperor. But looking at the panic in the young ladies eyes well, he might need to take him self a little bit more seriously. "I was only kidding, im sure who ever it is will be fine..." Here he was, leader of a land both old and powerful and he was trying to console what may have been an over grown teenager for the way she acted and flew through moods. It just wasn't something he was used to having to deal with. "Ah-ah! I-I'm so sorry, sir! I didn't mean to- My phone should have been off- but I for-got and.."

"Nothing to be sorry about Lian, I was just having a little fun with you thats all, nothing to worry about i assure you!" He shook his head and rubbed his temple and cringed as the final word left his mouth. It hurt to speak, but he couldn't stop speaking, it was an odd conundrum he just couldn't get over and that made it all the more irritating. He started to speak again, but his voice caught in his throat as the pain spiked. IT was almost unbar able, but he managed to keep his hands from flying to his neck, instead he gripped his seat tight and a single tear ran from his eyes. It seemed his life would be defined by pain, and he would never know a life with out it.

That was enough to make any man cry, but he wouldn't... No he couldn't cry more then he already had. He would bare this pain, for it meant he could better govern this nation he found him self ruling. So he gritted his teeth and went on speaking trying to shovehis discomfort away. "So, how would you like a new job?" His voice was rough and it showed the pain he was in but he managed it, and most men could not say the same.
Qin Shi Xun
Qin Shi Xun
PENDING

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:30 am

"Nothing to be sorry about Lian, I was just having a little fun with you thats all, nothing to worry about i assure you!" Her eyes raced back and forth and tried to seek out an object to capture her attention. Slowly they pooled to this new emperor's eyes. What was on his face..? Was that clear streak-? His body was clutched tightly and a frown would flicker onto her normally smiling lips. The soft curve of her pink lips forming words that went unsaid. 'Are you okay?' She'd tried to speak, but the man was putting up a fight and she didn't wish to interrupt him. However, a sadness was moving its way upon her own face. Was he.. in that much pain? She disliked that a lot. There was no need for anyone to feel so much that they cried.

"So, how would you like a new job?" His words were there, but weren't at the same time. It was almost instinctive and probably was semi-insulting as she approached him. A determined gleam in her eyes. For once, the girl with the bunny hoodie was serious. Of course, that didn't exactly fit, since she maintained her normal mannerisms. Her peppy step, but with knowing where she was going for once. Instinctively, she moved her hand to his shoulder. A gentle glide upon the skin, if only briefly, the channeling starting almost instantly. Fingers rotating simply upon the man's shoulder, not really caring how odd that looked.

It was a natural motion that pulled, channeling the energy into the 'wounds' the man had. The currents would swirl and create new waves of massaging, deeper in the tissue. WHY she was doing it, she couldn't be so sure, it was just knowing. This man was in pain. Just maybe, rubbing his muscles would work? Perhaps there was a deeper knowledge she had of this man. He DID say she'd saved him before, therefore.. maybe it was a hidden memory that he needed help in that manner? Either way, his question slowly registered and the woman blinked a couple times. "A-A job? Okay! But.... what kind of job..?" Her hands never stopped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Qin Shi Xun Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Qin was not used to being touched by others, and this womans sudden well... Advance on him was almost enough to cause Qin to become something that was akin to being flustered. Why was she rubbing him? Why did it feel so good? What was this odd sensation? The emperor might be in need of some new clothes. He would have pushed her away, told her to stop but for once he hardly noticed the pain that permeated him, thought it may also have been that he didn't really want to move right then... "A-A job? Okay! But.... what kind of job..?" Hmm job? His eyes flickered and he suddenly pulled back. An emperor was not supposed to be molested in such a public fashion. In fact he shouldn't be molested like this in any sort of fashion. "If you could please stop touching me for a moment id let you know." He waited for her to back up some and tried to smile a little to take out any sort of sting... But he wasn't sure if he had been successful or not, he still felt kind of stiff.

"Your job will be rather simple, to take away the pain i feel, to talk to me, to be a companion and i hope a friend. To put it simply to be a doctor." That was not the most coherent sentence he had ever uttered, in fact he had some trouble understanding what he had just said. It may have been he was suffering from some sort of shock, it could have been he was still some what stunned... Qin honestly didn't know. If you choose to take the position, you will be house in the palace, gain a sizable bonus in pay, as well as a marid of other benefits and perks. You will after all be one of my Dragon blooded and that will count for a lot." He shook his head, trying to clear it and let out a sigh as it just couldn't be done. Think of it as a promotion, though you are not obligated to take it of course." Yet again he had let him self ramble, and gods knew what sort of effect his voice would have on the all ready hyper active girl.

"If yo prefer your current post then far be it from me to force you from it" He didn't want his guards and advisers filled with people who felt forced to be there. That would just steal spots away from those who actually sought them.
Qin Shi Xun
Qin Shi Xun
PENDING

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Lian felt terrible in an instance. The man shirked away and spoke as if she'd done something bad. "If you could please stop touching me for a moment id let you know." O-Oh... her hands dropped to her sides and she looked down guiltily as a scolded puppy. Lian had done bad and made Emperor Qin mad. Crystal tears formed in her eyes and she bit them back. That was horrible! Maybe she made him feel even worse! What was she thinking?! Her heart dropped to her stomach and her fingers started to grind into her hands, as if nervous. She had to control herself better or the man might hate her! That would be TERRIBLE! Lian's soft eyes stared hard at the ground as she sniffed and one hand moved to pull her hood up and on her head. The floppy black ears fell as shadows over her eyes, blocking out the teary windows. A sleeve moved to wipe it all away.

"Your job will be rather simple, to take away the pain i feel, to talk to me, to be a companion and i hope a friend. To put it simply to be a doctor." Uhh.. what? Her big eyes were back on him, big and wide and confused. A blink followed another and she stared at him. She could barely catch that through his murmured mumbles. Her lips held a gaze mixed of confusion and acceptance. "If you choose to take the position, you will be house in the palace, gain a sizable bonus in pay, as well as a marid of other benefits and perks. You will after all be one of my Dragon blooded and that will count for a lot. Think of it as a promotion, though you are not obligated to take it of course." A promotion?! "Ev-even though I hurt you?" She stammered in awe. The young woman was obviously shocked she was being given such an opportunity. "Thank you! Thank you! I-I promise to do my best!" Her eyes gleamed and her lips pulled into a smile. She was excited and the way her body hopped showed it.

The last line he stated went right over her head. Lian was far too excited to start her new promotion to hear him. Her body practically tackled his and her arms looped over his shoulders. She was happy enough that she hugged the emperor. After a moment, she realized this and yelped and pulled herself off. "I-I am so sorry!" She stammered and bowed three times, before looking away as if she were in trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Qin Shi Xun Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Was... WAs she crying? A sudden lump of guilt formed in the back of Qins throat, he hadn't meant to... He shouldn't have said... Hold on why WAS she about to cry? To say the emperor was now confused was a little bit of an understatement. He hadn't said or done anything that merited tears, but he felt like he had kicked a defenseless puppy anyways...What was this? "No,no,no dont cry theres no reason to cry, im not mad or anything, you haven't done anything wrong! DOnt cry please!" He was yet again flustered, and speaking way more then he was meaning to, he knew that his words would carry their unintended message and she would soon feel the rush... What she would do with it was anyones guess at this point... Though he doubted she would get violent, Lian did not seem the type for that... But what if... She got even more emotional? Gods help him. Gods help them all. "Ev-even though I hurt you?"Hurt him? Blink. She had caused him to feel...GOOD. Why did she think...Qins mouth made a silent oh. "You didn't cause me pain... Far from it...Im just not used to being touched in public is all"

He cleared his throat and looks around to make sure no one else was with in ear shot... No one was, which was something of a small blessing. Then suddenly her body was wrapped around his and he could feel his cheeks warm up as he blushed something fierce. Then as suddenly as she was on him she was off and stammering. "I-I am so sorry!" He just blinked, cleared his throat tried to speak. Coulden't...Blinked again, cleared is throat again and finally words managed to leave him...Even if they where a bit... Squeaky. "No...No need to be sorry... You just got excited is all." He smiles some, but his features are still bright red from her hug.

"I take it this means you want the job?" He hopped it was at least... He felt the pain returning even then... and he did not welcome it as he should have."If it is ill show you to where you will be living...and make sure everything is to your expectations."
Qin Shi Xun
Qin Shi Xun
PENDING

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:19 pm

"No,no,no dont cry theres no reason to cry, im not mad or anything, you haven't done anything wrong! DOnt cry please! You didn't cause me pain... Far from it...Im just not used to being touched in public is all." His voice had worded to her. She didn't know that. In fact, how could she have? He seemed a bit confused though and she had to wonder if maybe she had said something confusing? Upon analyzing her own words.. the answer was no. In fact, she couldn't find any fault in her words, but obviously she had confused him somehow.. so somewhere along the road she'd said something crazy? Then again, maybe she just didn't understand something she said? That was a thought she found strange. How could she not understand her own words?

He hesitated after her hug. Had she hurt him this time? It appeared not as he cleared his throat twice before squeaking out words. "No...No need to be sorry... You just got excited is all." Well, it was true, but his face was still bright red. Did he have a sudden fever? Was the emperor so sick? Her eyes were rimmed with confusion as she watched him intently for the next response. A fever and a squeaky voice? It could be strep throat, but that wasn't right.. he had been fine before. This had to be one of those emotional things her mom had taught her.

"I take it this means you want the job? If it is ill show you to where you will be living...and make sure everything is to your expectations." Her expectations? What was she to expect more than even a bed. "I-I'm sure it's all great! You don't have to give me a place to stay!" She stammered humbly. It seemed wrong that the emperor was giving her somewhere to live. How strange was that? Twice she bowed. "Thank you so much. You really don't need to do anything for me! I love to help, is all!" Her eyes closed and the friendly smile she often wore was born on her lips. Lian was a happy girl, ecstatic and always full of such energy. "When can I start?" Was naturally her next question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Qin Shi Xun Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:36 pm

"I-I'm sure it's all great! You don't have to give me a place to stay!" One had to wonder why people would argue or disagree with an emperor on such a tiny matter. He knew he didn't need to house her, he knew he didn't NEED to do anything for her. But as her Emperor he had a responsibility to make her life as good and comfortable as he could. It was his duty, just like it was hers to fallow his orders to the best of her ability. She bowed twice, which was once more then what was necessary, and twice more then what he was personally comfortable with receiving, but yet again he was owed these demonstrations and he could not ask them not to... It would not be proper. In the end the relationship between and Emperor and his people was one of give and take, and Qin understood something that all successful leaders have understood since the dawn of time. A nation is made by its people, and he ruled by their grace, and their whim and at the end of the day it was them that he served not the other way around. "Thank you so much. You really don't need to do anything for me! I love to help, is all!

"No i don't need to, but i want to, and one of the perks of being Emperor is that im able to do what i need and want to do in order to make my peoples lives just a little easier." He had been Emperor for such a short time, yet he had tried to do so much. Funding hospitals, rebuilding villages, feeding those who needed to be fed. He cared for his newly acquired subjects, some said he cared to much and that it blinded him from the reality of the situation. "When can I start?" He smiled, his oddly colored blue eyes sparkling in the sunlight that streamed through the stained glass windows of the Jade Palace. "How does now sound?"

Qin stood, his robe rippling as he strode down from the dais. It was odd, the way he moved, it was as if he floated. His figure not even bobbing as he moved, just moving in one fluid motion. "Let me show you to your rooms, and your work area" With out waiting for her to say anything he turned and stated to make his way out of the audience chamber. He halted at the door and opened it then stepped aside so that his guest could get by. "After you." He may have been royalty now, but for most of his life he had been nothing more then a normal if well educated man, and that was how he acted even now that he had the weight of a nation firmly held on his shoulders.
Qin Shi Xun
Qin Shi Xun
PENDING

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 pm

"After you." He had said. His hand gestured slowly to the doorways and the lined up doors that followed. She wondered how far exactly hers was from their start and who would be near her. In fact, she wondered if she might even get lost in the process, after all the Jade Palace was a large building nearly ten times the size (probably more) than an average mansion. It may have become her basic home, but it was somewhere she might be too intimidated to live frequently in. Her eyes sought to follow him. Soon after, her legs followed him. She didn't fight it and as she walked, colors lined down the walls. Different pictures, frames and statues were forming a collective picture to be imprinted on her mind. It was difficult, trying to create a mental map of where she was going. In fact, her mind was forgetting more as they walked about the area. When at last she had arrived to what would be HER room, she stared hard at it, trying to burn a permanent copy into her mind. Hopefully it worked. She gave the man her thanks and bowed, before slipping into the room, trying to grow accustomed to the new feel of it all.

[End thread]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum