Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
In the Grass EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
In the Grass EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
In the Grass EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
In the Grass EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
In the Grass EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
In the Grass EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
In the Grass EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
In the Grass EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
In the Grass EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
In the Grass EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

In the Grass

Go down

In the Grass Empty In the Grass

Post by Marcelina H. de León Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Another typical day in the life of renowned pirate extraordinaire, Marcelina Henriquez de León was just beginning. She was up by 7am, enjoying some delicious toast and jam in the kitchens of the new pirate manor. Then it was time for a hot shower, always long and drawn out on days when the majority of the crew were not in the house. Then she returned to her room, settling herself in her chair to brush out her long hair. Today she decided that she would plait it. She put on one of her many CDs, this time the bag-piping drama that was Tartanic. Her feet tapped to the drums as she went through the ministrations of braiding. Three parts, over and under and all around. It never took Marcelina too long, mostly because of practice. Hair successfully braided and tied, she rose and went to her chest. Time to find clothes! For it was truly unseemly to walk around in a towel all day. She glanced out of her window to see the sun shining in the mid-morning. It would be hot today, to be sure. Best to spend her morning outside, then work inside when the sun got to its hottest point. She slipped into her black shorts and her calf-high black boots. She threw on one of her big white shirts and a tattered black vest over it. She considered a cravat, just for fun, but decided against it. Giving herself a once-over in the mirror, she grabbed at her belt, putting it snugly at her hips before slipping Parley into his sheath. She decided against her new dagger today; she wanted to focus strictly on swordplay.

She was downstairs and outside within moments, taking a deep breath of the sweet air that only being near water could bring. The island was grassy and beautiful, with lovely sandy-rock beaches. It was a beautiful home. She could see the Ole Miss sitting at the dock, proud on the lake. That ship needed to be in the ocean but sadly, they were land-locked. One day. Marcelina was trying to figure out where to go and settled on an area of tall grass. As she approached, she could hear movement in the grass. She knew it wasn't any intruders; being on Pirate Island without permission was forbidden. At first she thought it an animal, but it seemed to large. Then some kind of giggle emerged. A... child? OH! Yes. The new woman in their crew, Kata. She had a son. D-something-or-other. He was clearly playing in the grass. Now Marcelina found herself at an impasse. Did she continue on her merry way to practice and risk terrifying the boy with her presence. Or did she announce herself and then continue on her merry way. Or did she find a new place to practice?

Marcelina decided for the second option. She had little brothers... who weren't so little anymore. But she did now that scaring boys was kind of rude. Nor did she want to go somewhere else! Cautiously she called out, “Here I am to practice! I hope no one is here!” She wasn't entirely sure the boy knew Amestrian, but she could bet quite a few coins that he didn't know Esparian. Hopefully this would save her some trouble.
Marcelina H. de León
Marcelina H. de León
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 1
Writer:

Back to top Go down

In the Grass Empty Re: In the Grass

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 am

Here I am to practice! I hope no one is here!

Rustle, rustle. The boy adjusted in the bushes. Darren's eyes adjusting to the woman before him. Who was she? He wasn't sure, but he was sure she was in his territory! He shifted more in the hiding spot. "Go away! She finds me!" He struggled a bit. His Amestrian of course needed work, but he was only 7, so it wasn't like he was expected to be perfect. Green eyes stared down(up at) the woman, warning her if he got her caught in his game, he'd be mad. A sound of footsteps and he stiffened, silent once more. A sneaky grin on his face.

Katayuun, looking rather confused, looked around. Her legs pulling her to the area to meet the other woman crewmate. A soft smile translated a lot of things, before she called out. "Darren!" Hands on either side of her mouth, she projected her voice, making him stiffen more. A disdainful Katayuun turned to the woman. It took her a moment to debate on what language to use, but she assumed on Amestrian. "I am sorry to bother you." Naturally and accent fell rather roughly on her speaking, but the words were understandable. "But, have you seen a small boy?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcelina H. de León Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 pm

"Go away! She finds me!" Well, how rude! She announces her presence and she gets told to vacate the premises. Impudent youth! She had half a mind to tell him to stop being irritating... then the rest of his statement seemed to click in her mind. AH! He was hiding from someone! And that someone was most likely his mother. Interesting. Giving D-whatever a conspiring nod, she began to move towards another part of the grass, giving the area a wide berth. She paused as she also heard footsteps. Turning, she saw Kata approaching. Definitely playing hide-and-seek! She listened as Kata called for her son, catching the name “Darren” despite the obvious unknown accent around it. Darren... Darren... she would really have to work on remembering that.

"I am sorry to bother you. But, have you seen a small boy?" Marcelina had to battle with that for a moment. Loyalty to captain and crew meant she should give up the location. But before she had been a pirate, Marcelina had been a sister. In fact, she still was. And ruining a game was a very mean thing to do. She gave a look around the grassland and into the sloping hills beyond. She shrugged a shoulder lightly with a friendly smile. “I'm not sure. I thought I saw someone running off towards the hills as I was coming up here. Do you want a hand in looking?” She gently steered Kata toward the hills, walking casually side by side. As she did, she subtly put her hand behind her back, giving little Darren a thumbs up. This game must go to the children! Huzzah!
Marcelina H. de León
Marcelina H. de León
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:51 am

I'm not sure. I thought I saw someone running off towards the hills as I was coming up here. Do you want a hand in looking?” Hmm... Well if not here and headed towards the hills? Katayuun could have sworn she told her son not to go so far! Ack. Well, what was done, was done. Her eyes fell upon the woman kindly still. If she said towards then- to the hills it was. Her body kept in step with her pirate friend. Darren secretly grinned from behind the bushes. A smile of a child as he couldn't help but giggle. A covered and hidden one but one nonetheless! Glowing green eyes watched the two retreat to the hills. The boy found the hiding place well, nestling into the little make-shift fort of bushes and twigs.

Katayuun followed Marcelina. Side by side headed towards the hills she claimed her son was hiding within. Hm...Her little boy was a pain in the butt, sometimes. She loved him so much. At the moment she was praying he wasn't hurt. Secret wishes he was okay. Clouds swaying above. Katayuun was lost in thought, not saying much of anything. Her scatter-brained mind was on eight different thing so she could barely actually think. As always multi-tasking and occupying her mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcelina H. de León Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Marcelina walked side by side Kata, wondering how far she should actually lead the woman on before suggesting they turn back. Or at the very least, that Kata turn back. Marcelina had not been invited to play this game, and she did not want to intrude. She merely wanted to ensure that Darren was successful. Although she DID want to practice in the tall grass today. If the boy was found, then she would get her practice arena child-free! Which was the ultimate goal in all things. Oh, the decisions she could make!

They walked quietly for a few moments and Marcelina closed her eyes briefly as a breeze tickled a few strands of hair against her neck. This island was lovely. It was SO much better than living up north, that was for sure. She opened her eyes again, looking as the hills moved closer. She glanced over at Kata. “Do you and your son like it here?

Marcelina H. de León
Marcelina H. de León
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:55 pm

The outdoors. Something about the heat, the air an the grass tickling her feet made her feel all-around amazing. Her heart felt in paradise. A beautiful world it was. She knew that much. It had to be based on her home. The insects played a song for her ears and only furthered her internal warmth. So much amazing stuff was in this world. An amazing planet that held things from the gorgeous turquoise seas to the powder blue skies and every pink and red to even be thought of. Vivid everything was about her. Senses were wide with perceptive sight. Where was that boy? That dear son of hers? He could be so darn stubborn but something- told her she'd looked right over him. Mother's instinct was never wrong, after all.

“Do you and your son like it here?” Kata laughed a bit and nodded. There was no need to lie or say anything of the sorts. Obviously the answer was 'yes'. "Actually, yes. I love to sight-see and he's excited to meeting new people. Believe it or not, he adores the crew-mates." Of course she wasn't very good at pirate-talk. It was lucky enough she knew how to speak in the same language as the woman. A happy expression was upon her face. "Unfortunately, I believe this is the wrong way and I think that Darren is closer to-"

"ON YOUR GUARD!" The boy shouted as his stick prodded Marcelina's butt. The small boy looked up with a devious and serious look, as if he had accomplished something major as something so small and minute. Yet, it was victory. Kata blinked and grabbed the stick. "It's not nice to stab our friends, Darren." "But mamma! She must learn to expect the unexpected!" "I'm pretty sure she knows that." Her hand ran through his hair, ruffling the mass of ginger fluff. "Now be nice and introduce yourself."

Darren grimaced and grunted, as if turning an internal lever. "Hello. I em Darren." His hand was out for a moment, green eyes peering up with intensity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcelina H. de León Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 pm

"Actually, yes. I love to sight-see and he's excited to meeting new people. Believe it or not, he adores the crew-mates. Unfortunately, I believe this is the wrong way and I think that Darren is closer to-" Marcelina was happy to hear that the new crew member was enjoying herself on Pirate Island, however she had fallen for the trick, apparently! She was ready to turn around!

"AR FERD GADRIDN!" Marcelina's thought process was as cut off as Kata's sentence as a stick poked her sharply in the butt. Her initial instinct was to reach for Parley and turn towards her foe. But the voice seemed to high-pitched to be any foe. The fact that Kata had turned and swiped a stick out of said foe's hand and was now chiding him in some strange language allowed Marcelina to breath a little. It was her son... Darren. Marcelina turned and looked down at the little boy who seemed awfully serious as he extended his hand.

Hello. I em Darren. Marcelina bent her knees so she was more level with the child as she reached and give him a hearty handshake. “Hello Darren. I am Marcelina.” Her tongue rolled over the double “r” in Darren's name, giving it the usual Esparian flavor that she had in her tone. She stared at him, equally serious. “If you wanted fight, little sir, all you had to do was ask. Not every person you sneak up will respond as calmly as I did.” She stood up and moved a few paces back from Darren and Kata, pulling Parley deftly out of his scabbard. She then casually began to practice a few short jabs, her feet dancing lightly on the ground. She then looked down at Darren, giving him a smile and a wink.
Marcelina H. de León
Marcelina H. de León
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: