Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Long Live the Queen! EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Long Live the Queen! EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Long Live the Queen! EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Long Live the Queen! EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Long Live the Queen! EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Long Live the Queen! EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Long Live the Queen! EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Long Live the Queen! EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Long Live the Queen! EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Long Live the Queen! EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Long Live the Queen!

Go down

Long Live the Queen! Empty Long Live the Queen!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 pm

CASE FILE: Transmutation Equipment
Long Live the Queen! 2nixn42 Long Live the Queen! 2nixn42 Long Live the Queen! 2nixn42

Quarter Queen
NAME:
→ Long Live the Queen!

TYPE:
→ Alchemy: Elemental; Wind

LEVEL:
→ One

FORM:
→ The spokes of her wheelchair were made into the shape of her transmutation circle, allowing her to activate the two circles by spinning her wheels with the break on to cause friction. She keeps two pairs of gloves on her person at all times in case she is separated from her wheel chair.

BRIEFING:
→ Quarter's alchemy is the result of her combined efforts with the deceased Rowan Greenfield. The alchemy focuses on creating and manipulating wind. The way this is done is by heating air the air around them to cause cool air to rush in. By doing this at an unnaturally quick pace, the air goes into a thermal shock of sorts. To settle itself, the cold air rushes in stronger and faster in order to replace the warm air that's constantly drifting up. The alchemy basically takes advantage of a natural occurrence, the wind attempting to stabilize itself in this case. By doing so, she can create large unnatural gusts of winds by using a complex transmutation circle to create warm air. The way this part of the transmutation works is by rubbing her fingers, hands, what ever object has the circle on it, she creates friction with produces the heat needed to warm the air. If there is already a source of warmth, such as a light bulb or fire, Quarter can use that instead of friction. Saying this, Quarter does carry around a lighter and matches in her wheel chair.

PICTURE:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Quarter has two sets of two matching gloves with the transmutation circle found in the palm.
Spoiler:

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

→ The alchemy that Quarter has created half a decade after the Alchemist Rowan Greenfield left his project notes to her, is a wind alchemy that relies on heat to power it. Rubbing her gloved fingers together, she creates friction that heats the air around her. The heated air starts to expand and rise, rising up into the loose clothing that she wears. Cold air rushes up to replace the hot air as it rises, effectively creating a gust of wind. But constantly creating hot air and the gusts of cold air, Quarter can use the air to push items weighing up to forty kilograms, including herself. Quarter can manipulate in what direction the wind travels in through where she creates the friction, and create strong winds, however, as stated before, she can only blow away things weighing up to forty kilograms.

Last edited by Quarter Queen on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Long Live the Queen! Empty Re: Long Live the Queen!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 am

REVISE

I'm afraid I'm a little dubious as to the slamming effect to create hot air in order to do her alchemy. If you can find me proof/back up on it, then by all means I'll approve it but I would think that slamming something once (especially given her physical strength) wouldn't create a sustainable enough amount of heat/energy in order to complete her alchemy. Again, I might be wrong. The clapping is also a bit dubious to me, but mostly the slamming is my issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Meh, I just took it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:27 pm

REVISE

How far is the range of 'heating the air'? Does this change the temperature of a zone? Basically this isn't wind, but air and creating friction in air molecules, correct?

The crutches isn't really necessary. Also, why are the circles located on both the wheelchair and her gloves??

Also, why this mention of pushing things up to 40 kg? Heating the air is one ability, but pushing air outward is another entirely.
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Alright, took out the crutches. As for why the circles are located on the wheels and her gloves, the gloves are meant to be a back up in case she ever gets separated from her wheel chair. Her older brothers insisted on having a back up because she lives alone and runs her own shop while being in a wheel chair.

The way that works is that when air becomes warm, it rises, and cool air rushes up to replace the empty area left by the warm air. It's how wind is made, and its one of the factors in creating a tornado (Of course, Quarter can't do that yet.) So, when she creates warm air, she's actually creating wind that rushes up. The wind comes up from beneath the hot air, so it pushes the air upwards. Did I not explain that properly? If there are any issues with it, please let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Archive date is May 2nd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:32 pm

APPROVED

Oh okay, that makes sense.

XD Yeah, I know; my character Reila's ability is to form a tornado. And I see now what you meant. It's clear now that you explained it like that. In essence, friction > heat > wind is created. That wind then blows objects away. However, know that the direction of that wind cannot then be controlled considering the nature of how it is created.
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down