Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
When We Dance EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
When We Dance EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
When We Dance EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
When We Dance EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
When We Dance EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
When We Dance EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
When We Dance EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
When We Dance EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
When We Dance EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
When We Dance EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

When We Dance

2 posters

Go down

When We Dance Empty When We Dance

Post by Shula Brighton Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:38 pm

-When We Dance-

Secrets. Oh dear Lord, Shula seemed to be swimming in them more and more, and most of them Shula just wished she could forget. The wisdom of her grandfather echoed in her mind that some secrets really were better left alone. Some of the secrets she was holding onto could cost her her rank, her career, her family's pride, and her life from more than one front. Other secrets, however, were much less threatening and actually happy. They were only being kept secret to keep the news from infesting the rag papers and making everyone and their mother have an opinion about things that weren't their business; especially her own family. That was the clincher. Shula would tell them eventually, but for now, nobody needed to know but her. But... Oh man, it was hard not saying anything to anyone, especially when so many people she knew already had little hints just from watching her.

Bringing shocking news to her family would result in long, unfun lectures. But girlfriends? Totally fair game! And Csilla was the one person Shu knew could keep from telling Central's gossip chain... Shu'd given the Chancellor her ears in the form of the Gossip Queens of Central's secretarial pool; last thing she needed was for this to hit Hans' ears through them and lead to a lot of unfun questioning about the direction of things. That was all unfun stuff that she just didn't have the answers to yet and that frankly could wait. So for now? Best friend was the top of Shu's list, and what better way to do that than at a favourite haunt?

Since Central's rebuilding, lots of new businesses had emerged, and one that new the tiny General very, VERY well was a little pink shop shaped like a schoolhouse. Frosting white windows and lavender trim, pretty azalea bushes in bloom all around with a purple pi symbol at the top above the door. The House of Pi. The name was cute and punny, but inside it was owned by the most fabulous pastry chef and a waitstaff that was almost entirely all cute and somewhat effeminate young men. And all of them were cute, which went well with dessert. Always.

Shula had been spending more and more time back in Central, driving up after work and staying over on days off, being seen more and more back in Central HQ to lend a hand when she wasn't busy, and even telecommuting to South HQ (but only once! Her work ethic killed her for it for a week). Spade and Shu knew why she couldn't up and move back to Central right now, but staying there as much as she could and vice versa helped her feel safer, and Spade feel better. Today was one such aftenroon off that she'd been staying in town, and she'd met with Csi after work for "mandatory girl time" since they were behind on their every-other-weekly habit. A cookie in the breakroom, a quick hug and kiss and promise of a proper brunch date was NOT sufficient, dammit! So now, dressed in a light blue and white sundress and at least a dozen bangles, Shula drove her darling bug from Csi's flat to the House of Pi, nervous, fidgeting, and insisting she had something important to talk about with Csi.

Her legs swung under the table lightly after they scooted into a booth, waiting for someone to come take their sugar-laden order, Shula looking all around them in classic nervous-Shula behaviour.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

When We Dance Empty Re: When We Dance

Post by Csilla Angelis Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:28 am

Pi Pi Piiiiiiiiiiii~ It was time for Pi! Csilla couldn't be more excited. She felt like she hadn't gone for the delicious-godliness that was Pi in one hundred-million years. (In fact, it had only been three weeks.) And today she was going to Pi with Shuuuula!! That was even better. Csilla had opted for flat, black, ankle boots today, which complemented her dark blue skinny jeans and black and silver striped tank top. She had an enjoyable car ride and soon enough, they were settled into the usual cozy booth. There were two dainty menus, filled as could possibly be with all of the delicacies that came out of the 50s diner-style double doors that led into the kitchen. Csilla scanned her eyes over the menu, knowing clear well what over half of it read. The shop was not at a busy peak so only half of the tables were full. The waiters were scurrying around and looking so positively adorable. Csilla brightly smiled at Shula. “This really was a great idea! I'm glad we were finally able to do this.

Csilla paused in her bemused viewings of a particularly adorable sandy-haired waiter when she felt Shula's leg brush against hers for the millionth time under the table. She took a closer look at her friend noticing that she was slightly more... well, almost twitchy. She was antsy and looking everywhere and... Csilla shook her head. “What is wrong with you today? You just look really spooked. What's the deal?

She frowned, crossing her arms over her chest. She felt the urge to reach over and prod an answer out of her, but Mr. Sandy-Blonde-Dream-Boat decided to waltz his way over to them. He gave them his big, goofy smile and Csilla just melted a tiny bit. Sandy blonde hair (of course), green eyes, tall, lanky and just... delightfully unattainable. He was her all-time-favorite waiter. Mr. Sandy-Blonde-Dream-Boat was always super polite and always made sure that Csilla received just a little bit extra of whatever she ordered, already wrapped up for her to take home. What a doll he was! Although, sure. He did have a name. Csilla would never call him Mr. Sandy-Blonde-Dream-Boat to his face, of course. “Oh, Seth! My favorite waiter!

Oh, Csilla! My favorite customer!” He grinned down at her with a very outlandish wink. He then turned and offered his bright smile to Shula. “And, Shula! It is SO good to see you again! Let's start the two of you off with some...” He tapped his chin thoughtfully. “Hot chocolate? Whipped cream and a little caramel drizzled across the top?” Csilla smiled at him and nodded. “That sounds great, Seth!

Seth smiled down at them again and then sauntered off, his skinny hips bouncing from side to side. OH, but he was PRECIOUS. Csilla smiled after him for a moment before leaning over to Shula and poking her in the arm. “So. Spill.
Csilla Angelis
Csilla Angelis
LITE BRITE

-Case File-
Level:
Writer: Csi

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Sniff sniff sniiiiiiiiiiiff Mmmmmmmmmm PI! There was just something about theis place, down to the way it smelled, that was amazing. Everything was delicious. The drinking chocolate, the mocha frappy coffee thingies, all the many kinds of sweets, the staff.... All of it was delicious. She would say it was kind of like a house full of kittens and puppies, but that would just be weird; you don't usually stare at those they way you do these boys. There was Seth, who had Csilla as a dedicated regular, and Shu adored him, too. And then there was Zach, and he just had the nicest arms and shirts so tight that you could juuuuuust see the outline of his pecs through, though that could be really distracting. Cassidy only worked weekends but was a dance major, which always scored extra brownie points with Shula. And Angelo's accent was just to die for... Everyone had a guilty pleasure. Shu's just happened to be sweets and really cute waiters that had a habit of flirting and spoiling their regulars.

“What is wrong with you today? You just look really spooked. What's the deal?” Shula was oddly distracted today, though, fidgety and nervous, smiling a little too brightly as Seth came to the table, hips gracefully moving as he walked, and knew immediately what both girls wanted to drink. Shula wanted cake too, but.... Cake? Pie? Nerves were making her far too flighty, unable to decide right now on anything other than breathing regularly. Wait, she was still doing that, right? Checking. Checking. Okay, still breathing. But ashe curbed her tiny leg swinging and tried to sit still, finding some newfound interest in the menu that everyone knew Shula already had mostly memorized. As Seth walked off to get their drinking chocolate, Csilla reached across the table and poked Shu in the arm. "So. Spill."

Deeeeeeeeep breath. She'd come here planning on teling her best friend something important. Shula glanced around once more, making absolutely for certain that nobody shifty was there peeping over their papers or being a secret listener. Finally she looked back to Csilla sheepishly. "Sooooo....." Great start there, Bright Eyes. "I have something really, really important to tell you, but you can't tell anyone since it kinda affects South and Central HQ's." There were several reasons Shula had been quiet about it for now; she didn't want to cause problems between the two bases and be lectured about the conflict of interest and compromised judgement and whatever else she'd be in for sooner or later. And the news flies. And her family. Oh dear Ishvalla, her family. Shu was burnt toast.

Her voice quieted, Shula leaning forward a bit, propped on her elbows, still fidgeting with her hands as her index fingertips poked together idly. "So recently something happened that kinda complicated things a bit... You know this thing me and Spade have. Aaaaand things have sorta progressed and I know he's never really called me his girlfriend or even really definied out loud what we were since it's nobody's business and so he kind of asked me to marry him and I know I haven't come out publicly to state that we're involved since that would just get the newshounds to bug him and he can't just punch them when they annoy him and I know it's a rather complicated thing but I'm really kind of happy and excited and I kinda said yes and my family's going to kill me and is our chocolate done yet?' Well. Oops. She'd opened her mouth to say something and there'd been a bit more than Shula had anticipated.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Csilla Angelis Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:20 am

"Sooooo..... I have something really, really important to tell you, but you can't tell anyone since it kinda affects South and Central HQ's."

Well... that was... not exactly what Csilla had expected Shu to start with. Csilla's eyes quickly darted away from her friend as Zach slid past the table, giving her a smile and a wink. She smiled back at him and then looked back at Shula... WHO HAD NOT NOTICED ZACH??? WHAT IN ALL OF OLYMPUS WAS GOING ON? She seemed so painfully uncomfortable and so un-Shula. Gosh, what was HAPPENING? She leaned forward slightly as Shula finally opened her mouth again.

"So recently something happened that kinda complicated things a bit... You know this thing me and Spade have. Aaaaand things have sorta progressed and I know he's never really called me his girlfriend or even really defined out loud what we were since it's nobody's business and so he kind of asked me to marry him and I know I haven't come out publicly to state that we're involved since that would just get the newshounds to bug him and he can't just punch them when they annoy him and I know it's a rather complicated thing but I'm really kind of happy and excited and I kinda said yes and my family's going to kill me and is our chocolate done yet?

Csilla was still in the middle of deconstructing the longest run-on-sentence in history when Seth arrived with their hot chocolate. He placed them down on the table with a bright smile, which quickly faded as he stared at his two customers. They looked... strange. Shula sat, almost completely still, looking decidedly uncomfortable. Csilla sat with her eyes wide, her mouth slightly open. He looked back and forth between the two of them for a minute then murmured, “I think I'll come back in a couple minutes.

He shuffled away as Csilla finally regained some of her functions. First she shut her mouth. Then she blinked a couple of times. She then reached across the table, carefully avoiding the hot chocolates as she grabbed at Shula's hands. She held the two of hers clasped between her own and she then begin to shake them violently. Up and down and side to side, in short bursts of shaky shakiness their hands went. A smile slid across her features, growing wider and wider until she thought her face would burst. She felt a squeal coming up her throat and let go of Shula's hands quickly to clasp a hand over her mouth. She managed to muffle it, though tiny trickles of girlish happiness manage to spill out from the corners. It took another moment or two to compose herself before Csilla felt totally comfortable putting her hand down away from her mouth. “Shuuuuula!” She whispered excitedly. “You're engaged... You're getting married!
Csilla Angelis
Csilla Angelis
LITE BRITE

-Case File-
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 pm

The thick, sweet aroma of drinking chocolate and the lighter smell of cream and caramel lifted upward, rising up to fill the void that was Csilla's and Shu's stares at each other. Shula's was almost uneasy, her cheeks flushing a brighter and brighter pink; Csilla's was pure and total shock as she processed what Shula had just said. Oddly, Csilla didn't say anything, instead grabbing Shula's small hands and proceeding to shake them all over the place as though they were a pair of maracas. Finally, Csilla smiled, bigger and bigger; between the brightness of her smile and shaking she looked ready to pop, even as Shula's cheeks heated up from the massive blush that came from admitting that small truth out loud. Finally she let go, Csi's hands covering her mouth to try and cover up the trickles of girly squee that were trying to escape.

"Shuuuuula! You're engaged... You're getting married!” Finally Shula grinned, cheeps a brilliant pink as she tried to casually take a sip of her chocolate but only managing to successfully lick off a little whipped cream. A tiny, warm and excited giggle rose up, Shula trying to keep herself quiet to not draw attention to them; last thing Shula wanted was this to ht the gossip train, at least just yet. She nodded, giggling happily.

"Looks that way," Shula finally managed, looking somewhere between insanely excited and a bit nervous.Unabled to help herself, Shula bounced a little in her seat, finally letting out a faint, girlish squeak of her own. When he'd actually asked her shortly after New Year's, Shula had been in too much shock from everything else, too afraid for her life to really let the happiness she'd just agreed to to sink in and let it fill her mind. But it had been a few months, now. She and Spade were still very careful, especially about her being alone, but even though she made her 'deposits' regularly, no action had yet been taken against her. She knew better to think Raistlin had simply lost interest in her; if that were the case, she'd be dead. But for whatever reason he had, he hadn't pulled Shula aside for a friendly boss-to-informant "chat," and Shula was more than glad of that. The reprieve had given her time to recover, and plot for her freedom, and now, she realized, let her brave thinking about the future as she admitted one of her big secrets to her best friend.

Another giggle erupted, Shula picking up her cup to finally get an indulgent sip of her chocolate. It felt... oddly freeing to admit that little tidbit out loud, and let Shula escape into something warm and fuzzier than fresh towels, and infinitely happy. "I... I haven't even told my family yet! So... You're kinda the first to know. I dunno that Spade's even told anyone yet."
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Csilla Angelis Wed May 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Having finally worked out most of her excited giggles, Csilla was able to focus on the steamy drink before her. She casually swooped her pointer finger through the whipped cream and scooped a lovely scoop, licking it off her finger. She giggled a little bit as the sweet creaminess filled her senses. There really was nothing quite like the drinking chocolate at Pi. She picked up the cup in two hands, taking a small sip, letting the drink roll over her tongue. This was quickly turning into the best afternoon EVER.

"I... I haven't even told my family yet! So... You're kinda the first to know. I dunno that Spade's even told anyone yet."

Well, your family is going to flip. Duh. I'm far too awesome to lose my cool like that.” Csilla winked broadly, giggling at her own joke. A moment later, Seth returned, somewhat cautiously. “You girls all right now?” Csilla nodded with a smile. “Just work drama! All's well now. Now... we need more sweet in our life!

Seth nudged at Csilla, sitting beside her as he took out his little notepad. “But you two are sweet enough already! But if you insist.” Csilla shook her head with a laugh, casually taking Seth's notepad out of his hand. She also took his red pen and began to sketch across it. “I want a surprise today, Seth. No cookies or cupcakes. But other than that, I am open to anything!” Seth nodded and turned to Shula. “And for you, dearie?” As Shula gave her order to Seth, Csilla began shading her sketch.

Seth stood up when Shula had finished, reaching out his hand. Csilla sighed dramatically and handed over his pen and paper. She had drawn a quick sketch of Seth's cat, a beautiful Siamese named Diamond. True, she wasn't red by nature, but one had to work with the materials one had. Seth laughed and moved over to put their orders in. Once he was out of earshot, Csilla put her hands under her chin, looking at Shula with another bright smile. “SO. When are you going to tell them?
Csilla Angelis
Csilla Angelis
LITE BRITE

-Case File-
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Mon May 14, 2012 8:10 pm

"Well, your family is going to flip. Duh. I'm far too awesome to lose my cool like that.” Going to flip was a mild understatement. Her papa? Yeah, he'd flip and probably go into overdrive to plan things. Her mother.... Oh, she didn't want to think about that fight yet. Giggling, squeeing and girly shakiness subsided, Csilla calm enough now to indulge her first taste of the deliciously thick drinking chocolate, Shula grinning brightly as she lifted her own cup to enjoy the first sip. Whatever their recipe was, it was amazing. Hot, thick, rich, and intesely chocolatey. It was therapy in a cup. Shula let out a litle purr as she took a loving taste, her cheeks still rather flushed from admitting something so big to Csilla. Seth came back toward the table cautiously. "You girls all right now?"

Shula looked up at Seth sheepishly as he nudged in to sit down next to Csilla. God he was far too cute, especially when he was flirting with his tables. There was something beyond awesome about this place; the staff was always cheerful, flirty, ans sweet (and cute! Very, very cute), the food and drinks were amazing, and it just always put SHula at ease to be here. Maybe she'd host a party here sometime. Not the reception... Shula was almost scared to start thinking about trying to plan those kinds of details; she hadn't even let herself look at lehenga or the bridal jewelry her uncle Pasha had put in the trunk in her bedroom for her. “And for you, dearie?” Hm? Shula blinked, suddenly her attention snapped back to where she was. Oh right, Seth was waiting to take her order. Her mind blanked for a second since she hadn't really been thinking about food until a quick glimpse at the pastry counter pinged her mind.

"There's that flourless chocolate torte you've been teasing me with, so how about a nice big slice of that!" Shula beamed happily, knowing that the dark chocolate cake would most likely live up to its title of Death By Chocolate. As Seth walked off to go get their orders, Shu let out a little breath, looking back to Csilla.

“SO. When are you going to tell them?”

Ah, there was the rub. Spade had actually asked her in January, and Shula was only now telling her best friend. She couldn't say exactly why she was waiting so long to tell anyone in a way that made sense; she didn't want to draw too much attention and push Raistlin to react or give him something else to hold over her head as a threat. "Well... I don't know, really. Not until after we both go public about it I guess, or just before. I know it's going to cause more than a few issues from my mother's family." Spade wasn't Ishvallan, they didn't know him personally, and a thousand other reasons. Shula let out a soft laugh."For now I'm just enjoying the calm before the storm, but I'll tell them soon. I just have to figure out how to break it to Mama gently."
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Csilla Angelis Wed May 23, 2012 8:27 pm

"Well... I don't know, really. Not until after we both go public about it I guess, or just before. I know it's going to cause more than a few issues from my mother's family. For now I'm just enjoying the calm before the storm, but I'll tell them soon. I just have to figure out how to break it to Mama gently."

Nice card? Singing telegram?” Csilla shrugged her shoulders lightly. “I honestly have no idea, but I'm sure you and Spade will think of something.” She wished that she could think of some genius plan because Csilla expected that when Shu told her mom... things were going to get ugly. At least Shula would have others to back her up. Herself, Spade, Phillip (probably), and... hm. What about Aaron? That had been a shocking thing to hear, through the rumor mill in Central. Aaron Brighton had returned from the dead and caused his sister to faint in surprise. They had not talked about him much since his return; she figured Shula was still processing everything. “Do you think telling Aaron first might help? Or do you think he'd flip the most?” She paused a moment as Seth appeared with their delicious delights. He placed the chocolate torte in front of Shula while sliding... OH BY ZEUS~

A beautiful concoction of all things delectable stared up at her from the plate on the table. It was... it was beautiful! It was a backwards-strawberry cake, for lack of a better word. Layers of sliced strawberries sandwiched a slice of what appeared to be white cake. It was drizzled with chocolate across the top and just looked... divine. Csilla grinned up at Seth. “You read my mind!” Seth winked at her and scooted off to another table. Csi grabbed her fork and gently got herself a piece of the creation. She popped it into her mouth and heaved a heavy sigh of contentment. She could just about die right now! Strawberries were her favorite!
Csilla Angelis
Csilla Angelis
LITE BRITE

-Case File-
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:56 am

Large chain bookstores often had whole sections devoted to wedding stuff. Everything from planning your own to manners and formalities for ceremonies from every country and culture. Shula hadn't braved that section yet, still too uncertain about her future to tempt fate by letting herself daydream and plan a little. She didn't really have any close office friends who were married she could go to, asking Grandfather would give it all away the wring way, and her divorce with Philip had left a more than sour taste in Amira's mouth about the whole affair. Csilla really was the only person Shu could tell right now in safety and get approval.

"Nice card? Singing telegram?" Shula smirked faintly, thinking about that. A singing telegram going out to a tiny village in southwest Amestris known only for its beautiful blue clay deposits and farms to go tell a rather pissy Ishvallan woman that her only daughter who was fighting constantly to do things her way was getting married to a non-Ishvallan man that the mother had never met. Somehow Shula concluded that the result of this would leave the poor singing telegram with much the same end as the one in Clue had. And while that was a very effective way to get out of paying a tip, it still didn't sound like a very good idea for anyone involved. No, no. These were delicate issues that needed to be handled with care; sending a notice from afar to break the ice, or worse, eloping.... That would only end up in disaster and possibly being disowned.

Shula shook her head slightly, taking another soothing sip of her luxurious drinking chocolate. "It's only funny in theory. Much as I'd like to get away with something like that... I know better. I need to go home to talk to Mama in person. Hopefully I can get Spade to meet her too. But if I go and the dragon torches me and I don't come back alive, you can totally have my bug." Letting out a small laugh at her own dumb joke, Shu took another sip as she thought more about it. She knew Amira wanted Shula to find another Ishvallan and have a more traditional life, especially since going outside tradition had ended badly for her in so many ways. But her family was such a delicate thing when it came to life changes by Shula and her brother. Aaron coming back had been a miracle, but he was so different now, so distant and cold and difficult to approach.... and still so very protective of her.

"Do you think telling Aaron first might help? Or do you think he'd flip the most?” Her wonderful, unbreakable, unstoppable big brother who, in all their lives, had seem to want and do nothing but make sure Shula was cared for.... As an adult and looking back on it, Shula only felt guilty, like she'd robbed Aaron of his childhood. Mama was strict about relationships, but she'd never seen Aaron date or even talk about a girl when they lived at home. He'd fought with Mama and joined the military for the soul purpose of taking care of her and helping pay for her treatments. Even after Shula had joined herself, he still refused to stop supporting her, even though she knew Aaron wanted her to get out of the military more than anyone else in their family. And after she was released from Aerugo she'd only wanted to tell him that she was fine now and he didn't have to worry, but by then it was too late... Shula fidgeted in her seat a bit.

"I need to tell Aaron alone, I think. Just he and I talk like we used to and work up to it. He'll be working here in Central, so he'll get to know Spade one way or another, I'm sure. He's always been super protective of me, though, so I'm pretty sure he might freak a bit if I tell him I'm engaged just out of the blue." Shu managed a small smile, thinking back to a time when she'd lay there curled up to her brother's side and tell him everything that went through her young mind or try to have deep, moving conversations about the alchemy work their grandfather would give them to practice with. Her thoughts were interrupted as Seth came back to the table, his charming smile always a mood-lifter, especially when it came backed with cake.

The flourless chocolate cake was very, very dark, dense, and given just the faintest dusting of powdered sugar over the top to contrast the deep red raspberry and dollop of cream. Of all the greatest things Ishvalla provided to the world, chocolate was, by far, one of the most perfect and wonderful. Or maybe that was just Shu's inner chocaholic screaming in happiness with the first melting bite. The second melting bite was held off the end of her fork for Csilla to taste the edible Ode To Joy. Chocolate was a magical thing, really, and had a knack for making unfun issues seem less horrible, Shula's smile returning and warming. "Ishvalla willing I make it to my wedding in one piece, would you be my maid of honour? No hideous dresses, I promise." Not even having any idea about when or what kind of wedding it might be, all she was was that somehow it would be, and as long as she could have her friends to celebrate with Spade and herself and hopefully the support of at least most of her family, then nothing else really mattered.
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Csilla Angelis Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:37 pm

"It's only funny in theory. Much as I'd like to get away with something like that... I know better. I need to go home to talk to Mama in person. Hopefully I can get Spade to meet her too. But if I go and the dragon torches me and I don't come back alive, you can totally have my bug."

Csilla laughed, shaking her head. “I think you're going to be just fine. I'll make you a dragon-proof shield.” And she would! Sure, it would be made out of a paper upon which Csilla had drawn it, but if nothing else it would be a good luck charm of sorts. And Csi suspected that Shula would need as much good luck as she could get. Actually, she should probably make a shield for Spade as well. He wasn't going to get away with a motherly hug of welcome; Csilla was almost sure of that. Csilla nodded sagely as Shula mused about Aaron finding out about the engagement. It wouldn't go over well right away, for sure. Hopefully Spade would manage to endear himself to Aaron rather than alienating so that Aaron would be happy when Shula finally broke the news.

All of this talk of marriage and breaking it to the family caused Csilla to internally sigh as she continued to steadily devour her sweet. She had no family to get excited or even mad at her for getting engaged (when that ever happened). She didn't have a father to walk her down the aisle, or a mother to plan a wedding with. It was heart-wrenchingly sad in an instant and Csilla blinked suddenly. She didn't want her realization to spoil Shula's excited moment, so she pushed the thoughts away. They were always with her in heart and that would have to be enough.

"Ishvalla willing I make it to my wedding in one piece, would you be my maid of honour? No hideous dresses, I promise."

Csilla laughed and blinked again, this time as happy tears struck up in her eyes. She nodded enthusiastically, smiling brightly. “Ishvalla will make sure you'll be there and I promise I'll be right up there next to you.” The whirlwind of emotions stuck with Csilla as the two women finished up their delectable delights and paid Seth. Waving a fond farewell to the boys of Pi, they exited the shop. Csilla declined the ride home, preferring to go on a leisurely walk back home. She had a lot on her mind to reflect on. And besides, she had shields to start designing!

[END THREAD]
Csilla Angelis
Csilla Angelis
LITE BRITE

-Case File-
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down