Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY

4 posters

Go down

TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY Empty TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:19 am

Oh, here was a splendid day indeed! He'd just returned from work to his place of sleeping in North City, and decided to walk from there to his favorite tea shop in all the lands, from the northern tips of Drachma to the southernmost points of Aerugo, from the far-away western coast of Gelemort, to the eastern coast of Xing. THE SWEET PEA TEA SHOP!~ And most importantly, he could get his tea on while having a nice chat with his good friend Mr. Peach! Ah, Peachy... WHAT A NICE OLD MAN. Made Einy glad that he decided to settle down at Briggs... So on he walked, towards Peachy's place. As he moved, he noticed those nice trees that Peachy often plucked leaves from for his tea. With a broad, helpful smile on his face, Einy reached up to a long, leafy branch and SNAP. Broke it off. "THERE WE GO! I THINK MR. PEACH WILL QUITE ENJOY THIS NICE LITTLE GIFT." Toting it hand-in-hand with Heathen Hammer, he whistled a tune all the way to the shop. On his long legs, with his quick stride, it didn't take too long, and indeed, he was at the tea shop within minutes. With the broadest grin acrosshis giant face, he stooped down and opened the door, entering the tea shop with the branch full of leaves. "GOOD AFTERNOON MR. PEACHY! HOW ARE YOU?" And now it is time for hilarity to ensue...

Back to top Go down

TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY Empty Re: TEEEEEEEEEA PAAAAARTY

Post by Reila Tsukino Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Reila turned from her place half-leaning on the counter and gave Ein a pair of wide, golden eyes. Aside from the giant Thor-hammer that the teacher tooted around, he was grasping an...an entire branch of a tree. She blinked a few times and took a deep breath, letting a soft smile fall onto her polished lips. "That...'s from outside, ...isn't it?" No, that wasn't a question. Actually, ...actually, it brought back a sudden burst of memory--a foggy recollection of a time now past. Reila was running through grass as tall as her knees, tiny fingers brushing along crusted green and the faraway sound of cicadas screaming a sorrowful song of summer. She reached high to grab a tree branch filled with flowers, breaking it off and dancing through the heat. Her father...her father was there, too tall to see his smile that wasn't a smile but a grimace--a grimace because she was there. The sun silhouetted that expression, raying into her eyes of the same shade. Kindness: the sun was kind, blinding that image from her. She smiled then, despite knowing his loathing, she smiled and kept trying to until her mother turned her back too. The streets...the streets.

Reila snapped out of the reverie and pointed at the tree branch in Ein's hands. She took a sip of her green tea before continuing. "THAT. BLASPHEMY!"
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:35 pm

The old man sat up from his noon nap and looked out of the oaken-framed window. Ah, the snow had stopped and some red-breasted robins were eating the bird feed just outside the pane. That must've been what had woken him from his sleep. He lifted his old bones from the cozy cot that was layered with multi-colored quits and a worn yellowing pillow. He straightened his brown suit and purple tie as he was trying to figure out what he was doing before his wonderful nap. Nothing. So he folded up the cot and placed it in the closet, it's wheels rolling against the mahogany floorboards.

A second later, a tea kettle whistled in the next room. The shop kitchen. Peach's groomed mustache twitched twice in excitement. That's what he was doing! He was meeting the lovely soldier Lia for some tea and his overzealous buddy Ein. He slipped in his fluffy pink slippers and shuffled to the kettle. These were a welcoming gift from one of the townspeople. As a play of words off of his name, it was peach pink. He poured the water into the decorative pot and placed it on a rolling trolley with two delicate cups and a large glass pint. Not only the utensils were on there, but sugar, variations of his own tea, milk, lemon, and scones with potpie. He rolled the assortments into the next room, giggling to himself lightly. " I worked all morning on the scones, and placed extra honey in it. You could say I set up 'the works'" He laughed quietly. He had always wanted to try and say a slang word. His mustache twitched in his own mirth.

As he slid the trolley to the table, he looked up when the door opened and Ein came in. His healthy shape shadowed his frail self, though Peach knew a time when he was almost just as strong. " Oh, good day Ein. How are...." Mr. Peach opened his eyes from his tired beaming and absorbed in the frame some more. Ein was holding a perfectly strong piece of... " You ripped off Jessica's limb!!" He quickly shuffled to Ein's side, trying to take the branch from the misinformed man. "It'll take her another twenty years to patch up that spot, let alone grown a new one!" Yes, he names his trees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:43 am

"OH, HELLO REILA! HOW IS YO-" And he was cut off by Reila accusing him of blasphemy, apparently? Right-ho, okay then... DOOOOOOH. He KNEW something was done wrong! What could he have done wrong... Blasphemy. Pointing at the branch. He ripped Jessica's limb off, whoever Jessica was. And Peachy was reaching for the branch... HE MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN TO TAKE HIS SHOES OFF INSIDE! Oh, OR he apparently wasn't supposed to carry branches into the tea shop. So with his most embarrassed and guilt-ridden face possible for an aged viking warrior, he twiddled with his thumbs as he spoke, FOR ONCE in his inside voice, which was still rather loud for an inside voice. "D'aaaaw, I'm sorry... But I thought you liked to put these leaves in the tea, Peachy?" Relinquishing the poor branch to the other old man, face still covered in remorse, he RATHER QUICKLY snapped back to his normally goofy, loving self. Taking a seat near Reila, he smiled. "SO HOW ARE YOU GUYS? GOOD, I HOPE?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:58 am

The works...The works. Reila tapped her chin, suddenly distracted from whatever she had been pointing her finger out. But...what did that even mean!? She tilted her head smoothly to the side, watching pink strands splay across the crisp, wooden counter--SCONES. Starry golden eyes, blazed to life and she flew to the pink-slippered old man with a plate of HONEY-FILLED SCONES. She nearly drooled just smelling them, looking from them and then back at Mr. Peach, from them back at Mr. Peach, and-- "You ripped off Jessica's limb!!" Oh right. Reila frowned and swiped her hair from her shoulders to her back. She really needed to keep her Briggs teacher in tact before Mr. Peach turned him in into tea leaves. She finished off her tea and put it back down on the counter, waltzing the distance to Ein. Waitasecond she was nearly twenty. It would take her entire lifetime to grow a branch like that?

"Hot damn," Reila slanged without thinking, covering her mouth a moment later with a fiery blush. That didn't just happen. She side-glanced Mr. Peach and laughed nervously, stealing a scone and chewing it to prevent further speech. When Reila did things, she went all out.

When the moment passed, she swallowed, letting out an exaggerated sigh. "I'm just totally exhausted. On call right now, Ein, you know. Briggs is in so much danger with the war with Drachma and...RIOTE." She spit out the last word, hate-coated venom and despise trickling off the double syllables. Frost slithered into the corners of her eyes despite there being a smile on her lips, albeit a nervous one. The lives of so many people were in her hands and yet her she was taking a break. A break. Well, Dai said she needed one. She hadn't visited Mr. Peach for a long, long time...she was overdue. Funny, how Ein chose today to come as well. "Ein, do you come here often??"

Last edited by Reila on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Lucas Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Akito walked through the snow, headed towards this tea shop. While nobody he had talked to, granted that amounted to two people, had been able to give him directions to Briggs, or perhaps this was some people playing a little prank, whatever, so he could meet the Ice Alchemist Reila that he had heard so much about, he did gain a map from the convenience store owner, and the knowledge that this particular tea shop was about a mile from Briggs from the lady who was paying for her coffee. Ugh, coffee. What swill. Thus he walked to the tea shop, dusting snow off of his coat. There was another reason he had come to one of the business establishments with a fireplace. That lady who was buying coffee? Yeah, she spilled it on Akito. During his walk, the stuff froze. It had gotten in all the little holes in his pumice stones, too, and Akito couldn't work with H2O, much less whatever the heck coffee was made of. So he walks up to a group, shivering, and notices an old man talking with some of the customers. He figures this must be the Mr. Peach that ran the tea shop, so he walks up and begins speaking; "Excuse me, I hate to be rude, but I'm covered in frozen coffee so my manners are a little lacking at the moment. Could I get a cup of chamomile tea, please?" Akito stood there, awaiting the answer and shivering.

((Fixed. I hate myself so much for not bothering to look @ the canon sheets. Thought this was an NPC run shop. Please don't make Kito suffer for my stupidity. He's freezing and he wants his tea. Had to spill the most deplorable of drinks on him to give myself ideas.))

Last edited by Akito Satay on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Felix Lucas
Felix Lucas
BLOODY INNOCENT

-Case File-
Level: 1
Writer: Kito

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:25 am

Mr. Peach heard the bell and looked up from the horrible scene. " I'm quite well Reila, but this unfortunate man isn't..." Handing Ein a cut of steaming pot pie he turned to the poor man. His squinted eyes looking at the liquid and at the haggard man.

"Excuse me, I hate to be rude, but I'm covered in frozen coffee so my
manners are a little lacking at the moment. Could I get a cup of
chamomile tea, please?"

He smiled, a small glint in his wrinkled eyes. Without a word he tapped his right foot twice quickly before casually walking to a table next to Reila. Even though It was next to the window, the heavy log house and triple pane windows kept the inside warm in winder and cool in the summer. Mr. Peach pulled out the heavy chair which scraped across the hardwood floors. The decorated floral cushion was showing a large picture of a forget-me-not. It was crocheted. He then walked slowly to the kitchen, his slippers moved from hardwood to concrete as he passed through the frame of the door.

He stared at the multitude of pots, kettles, pans, and tiny leaves. Though the scent wafting from the kitchen was beautiful. The dried or dying little bushels that were hanging on the ceiling made up most of his teas. Mr. Peach took an electric kettle and set it at a specific degree. 98 degrees. He pulled dried chamomile heads and took some lemon balm and started to gently chop them. As he did so, he looked outside the door and into the main room. It was warm and friendly, his own pair of friends enjoying the time they spend here. He then moved his head to the other man and watched as the coffee began to melt back into liquid. The closest place that would serve coffee would be the store not far from this spot. Not very good coffee, but to briggs everything that wasn't made in Sweet Pea Tea wasn't very good. He looked back down and smiled...and turned to another project.

A while later he took another trolley and carted in a decorative tea pot filled to the brim with tea, some sugar, milk, lemons, and a few pine sprigs. What was under it was a tad different. As he stopped the trolley in front of the man, he bent down to pull something out from the lower level. It was a cup of coffee. " It's funny how such a simple thing could come so far. The first discovery of coffee was when a farmer saw his goats acting giddy after eating off of a bush. So, he took the berries from the bush to his village." Mr. Peach chuckled. " And what do you know, when they cooked them a lovely aroma rose to the air. So they took the nice smelling seeds and made soup." He set the coffee down. " This coffee is from my collection. Hand ground, with cocoa butter, brown sugar, a touch of caramel, and my secret ingredient of chili seasonings with a touch of milk from Tanya out back." His mustache twitched in mirth. " If you need anything else, you'll have to pay for it, but that coffee is free of charge." He quietly laughed to himself as he went back to Reila and Ein. It was a while since he was able to bestow such a large amount of information to someone. Most of the people who walk in had already known most of his drink tales. He sat down in a chair next to Reila and Ein, hoping they helped themselves to drinks. He looked down at his own and his mustache twitched. Someone had put lipton in his tea...

((perfectly alright. Though, you might want to color the words your character speaks so we know what language your talking in. That, and it's much much more convenient.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:31 am

Oh, oh well! Seemed nobody was angry at him anymore, so Einy delicately placed a scone betwixt his pointing finger and his thumb, carefully, so as not to squish the lovely snack. Smiling at his moustached friend, he popped the scone into his mouth, and chewed it, and swallowed it, as people tend to do. "THESE ARE DELICIOUS, PEACHY." Indeed, he'd always liked Peach's scones and tea, ever since he met him! Which was only a month or so ago, when he came to Briggs, but still! So, after munching another scone, quite happily, he noticed someone enter, and as Peach went to get the man's drink, Einy poured himself and Reila a cup of tea from the tea Peach had just brought over. Passing Reila her teacup, he sipped at his as she spoke, gingerly trying not to destroy the little thing in his iron grip of doom.

"AH, OKAY. WELL, WITH YOU IN CHARGE, BRIGGS SHOULD BE SAFE FROM EVERYTHING. Y'KNOW WHY? BECAUSE BRIGGS IS BRIGGS, THAT IS WHY!~" Yes, he was confident in the awesome might of his new friend, and his new home. Briggs did indeed have some power, as he could tell; he was the one that turned recruits into warriors, after all! Taking a few bites of the nice-smelling pot pie he'd been given, he smiled happily, before answeing Reila's next question. "EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, YEAH. PEACHY HAS THE BEST TEA AND FOOD, YOU KNOW." Nodding matter-of-factly, with that friendly grin mounted on his face, he did ndeed know what he was talking about; Mr. Peach was the best of the best of the best of the chefs! Or something similar... As Mr. Peach arrived back at the table, to sip at his tea, Einy noticed that his moustache- a highly prestigious 'stache, indeed- had twitched. Glancing at his friend, his eyes showing his concern, he spoke to him, as softly as he could manage, for Peach's poor ears' sake. Which... Wasn't too soft, but oh well. "SOMETHING THE MATTER, PEACHY?" Indeed, he hoped not! When things were the matter, there was nothing left to be the antimatter! Which makes no sense... BUT STILL!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:29 pm

"I'm quite well Reila, but this unfortunate man isn't..." Her eyes shifted over to the bell jingling, eyes scrutinizing every bit of everything the man possessed, including the coffee stain lingering on his person. She inwardly shivered and shifted in her seat, crossing her legs tightly and envisioning a time when Dai accidentally spilled something (she couldn't remember) on her and it was FREEZING. Speaking of freezing, that was her forté, however such a talent only went so far...like when you were already cold... She looked down at her hands and back up, catching Mr. Peach in her peripheral vision and following him across the shop where she fell into a trance simply watching him make a drink. Her thoughts mindlessly drifted, lost in a spiral of pleasantries and peaceful release. She forgot where she was, forgot that Fort Briggs could very well be under attack, and forgot that she was Reila Tsukino: a woman with too many responsibilities. Mr. Peace joined them once more and slowly she drifted out of her stupor, letting the waves of sleepiness wash off into her usual authoritative bubbly attributes.

"AH, OKAY. WELL, WITH YOU IN CHARGE, BRIGGS SHOULD BE SAFE FROM EVERYTHING. Y'KNOW WHY? BECAUSE BRIGGS IS BRIGGS, THAT IS WHY!~" Reila snapped fully out of it, blinking fervently and focusing entirely on Ein. JESUS COULD YOU TALK ANY LOUDER!? She was practically dozing on a beach and he like the tide coming in and lapping at her toes. She shuddered visibly, eyes ablaze with so many enjoying thoughts. Instead of responding right away, she felt herself nodding in acceptance of not just his words but the rupturing of her momentary peace. As Reila poured herself some of the best coffee in existence, she listened soulfully to the inquiry MADE BY THE LOUD ONE. Hm. Her eyes drifted back to the worse-for-wear newcomer and she smiled softly, ignoring the old men for just a moment.

"Hi, I'm Reila." She nodded for formality's sake and sipped half her coffee away. "Yeah...Briggs is safe from everything because we make it that way, you know. Without us, there is no Briggs... I'm just worried. I feel like maybe...something is going to happen. I have a bad feeling."
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Lucas Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Akito accepted the coffee with a gracious nod. The swill that had been spilled on his chest was almost all thawed, and he was feeling a lot better just from being in a warm building. He wasn't too keen on drinking a cup of coffee so soon after his incident at the other store, but it was complimentary, and it smelled so nice, he took a sip without thinking about it. His eyes widened a little in shock, and he looked at Mr. Peach, for he had no doubt that this was the man he had heard ran the tea shop, and excitedly stated "This is, by far, the best coffee I've ever had. Thank you very much!" He heard the woman standing next to him introduce herself as Reila. Standing a little straighter, he turned to face her directly, still a little excited from the coffee, but more excited from what he just head, he exclaimed, "Really? You're the reason I came all the way here!" He took another sip of his coffee, then continued. "I heard that there was a talented ice alchemist named Reila living near Fort Briggs, and I came from Dublith to try to learn a few things." Normally he wouldn't have been so forward, but between the sudden increase in his body's caffeine level and his excitement at finding the object of his search so easily, he was a little hyper. While it may have been in his best interest to drink the soothing herb, he had completely forgotten about his chamomile tea. He almost forgot how awkward it would be for him to hold his fake guitar case over his shoulder, but he remembered to set it down against a wall. He kept one eye on the case, but most of his attention was still focused on the coffee in his hand and on Reila.
Felix Lucas
Felix Lucas
BLOODY INNOCENT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:11 am

Mr. Peach glowed inside on how the young man loved the coffee, though he started a conversation with the lovely Reila the next second the boy who he served piped in. It was fine that way, since Peach had some problems of his own to deal with. In addition, he was always happy to see his customers mingling with the militants. He pulled out a tea bag that had a staple on it. Lipton... He thought. Such a horrible liquid. He placed it daintily on the side of his cup, drinking the cold tea anyway. He hated lipton with a passion and would never even invite it into his mind, let along his cup. The only way was if it was filled with something he made himself. Though in real truth he placed the bag in his cup to make sure no one would take it. For a long time he's been poisoning his own tea in order to immunize himself with various things using the tea bags that was specifically marked for himself. In this case it was just some old poison he had acquired from a rattlesnake that he was immune to a long time ago, but if he didn't constantly keep his immune system healthy and robust...he might just be weak enough for it to do him in. That means to keep poisoning himself to make sure no one could kill him with that blend. It was a small price to pay to have a lipton bag in his beloved tea.

Ein was quite worried about him, Mr. Peach looked up from his own thoughts and beamed. He should be looking after his guests and not worried about an old fart like himself. " I'm just a bit hazy, Ein. No need to worry about me. I woke up a bit too suddenly is all. I need to replace the straw in my cot with something that will support these old bones." He took a long drought of his tea and refilled everyone's cups. " How's your job? Settling in fine?" As he listened to Ein's shouting, he also kept tabs on the conversation across from both Ein and himself.

He caught on about Reila's profession and her gut. " The buds have been fruitful this year and the talk of war with ROITE is inevitable. If there is going to be something coming just as Reila predicted; now's the best time while nature and everyone's senses are at their peak." Mr. Peach's smile turned to a frown as he opened his eyes. They were a steely blue that showed experience in war and hard times under those groomed brows. Looking at nothing but the past and names long forgotten. Contrasting his welcoming face. Something was coming...something maybe even Ein could sense. No. Of course Ein could sense it. People who have learned of war had that feeling in their muscles and in their souls. Including Ein, Reila and maybe this young lad too...

Mr. Peach closed his eyes again. " Scone anyone?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Csilla Angelis Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:01 pm

{BUMP}
Csilla Angelis
Csilla Angelis
LITE BRITE

-Case File-
Level:
Writer: Csi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Ah, okay. Well, at least Peachy wasn't in any immediate danger from assassins, or supernovas, or- heavens forbid it- LIPTON. Indeed, Einy knew of his hatred for Lipton tea, and he always assumed it was probably an allergy or something. And as a friend of Mr. Peach, Einy would NEVER want him to puff up like a pufferfish and EXPLODE! But anywho, he snapped back to Earth as Peachy asked about his job. With a smile, he munched on a scone from the cart Einy had offered up earlier. When he finished chewing, he looked at Peach, his bright blue eyes glimmering with good cheer. "PRETTY GOOD, PRETTY GOOD. I MUST SAY, OUT OF EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD, NEXT TO AEVADAOUR, BRIGGS IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO BE. HECK, IF I HADN'T GREW UP THERE, BRIGGS MIGHT BE EVEN BETTER THAN AEVADAOUR!" And how; Einy loved his new home nearly as much as his homeland. About that time, though, Reila began to speak.

Nodding with what Reila said, the massive man took a sip of tea. Indeed, Briggs was Briggs because Briggs makes Briggs Briggs. Did that make sense? If it didn't, he was positive that Briggs would make it make sense, because Briggs was Briggs! Oh, but then she noted that other stuff, whatwith the gut feelings and things, to which Peachy contributed his own sagely predictions of a storm on the horizon. "WELL, THANK THOR THAT BRIGGS COULD NEVER FALL, EH? THAT WAY, IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO US, WE'LL ALWAYS RISE RIGHT BACK UP. YOU'RE A LUCKY WOMAN, REILA, TO LEAD THE GREATEST WARRIORS IN ALL OF AMESTRIS." And warriors, they were. Not a single soldier at Briggs would abandon their post, no matter what. Indeed, few things could stop any Briggs soldier from defending their fortress. As it was, Einy would only ever leave Briggs to fight without him in direst emergencies, such as if the Chief of his people called him to Aevadaour, or if his granddaughter needed him more than Reila. Otherwise, here he would be, and if it was the will of the Gods, he would die for Briggs, and would probably continue fighting the enemies of Briggs in Asgard, should he be slain in the name of the greatest place on the continent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:53 pm

She finished her cup, turning it in her hands and staring uselessly at how it was made not by human hands, but by that of a machine. She placed it down on the counter and took a deep breath, trying to will the bad feeling out of her system. However, it seemed she had some help.

"Really? You're the reason I came all the way here! I heard that there was a talented ice alchemist named Reila living near Fort Briggs, and I came from Dublith to try to learn a few things." Talented? She was the reason he was here? Dublith? Sun-filled eyes turned from the empty cup and met the boy's eyes directly. He didn't even look much younger than she. Pink bangs drifted across her forehead by and inside breeze, curling over her eyes lashes as she blinked in surprise.

"Really?" She echoed instantly, batting the hair out of her face, and leaning closer with a soft smile. "What were you looking to learn from me? I would certainly be happy to teach you, however...there isn't much time as of recent because of the war. I don't live near Briggs; I run it!" Saying that still filled her with pride regardless of how many years passed since she acquired the job. She still remembered vividly the same day she found out was the say Danny told her they were going to invade Drachma... It created danger for her, but...she was going to follow him. Then, he vanished. Just like that...and she never knew what happened to the ex-Lust who played with her life and then threw it away. Reila had a habit of being thrown away--hah! She bit her lip. "It's really dangerous there now. What is your name and do you have any experience...?" She really didn't know what he was looking for. To her, he looked like a kid, but Reila knew from experience never to judge someone from their appearance alone, therefore she kept those thoughts silent, waiting for an answer from him before coming to any decisions or assumptions.

With her question came a brief pause, the other conversation between the old men (<3) fading into her ears. "I'm just a bit hazy, Ein. No need to worry about me. I woke up a bit too suddenly is all. I need to replace the straw in my cot with something that will support these old bones."

Annndddd she wanted to cry. In fact she shot the boy a bewildered stare and immediately looked up, blinking away tears that were threatening to fall. She flew to her feet, and dive-bombed the conversation, but words flew by and she stopped, biting back the slur of words about to spill out.

"The buds have been fruitful this year and the talk of war with ROITE is inevitable. If there is going to be something coming just as Reila predicted; now's the best time while nature and everyone's senses are at their peak."

"WELL, THANK THOR THAT BRIGGS COULD NEVER FALL, EH? THAT WAY, IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO US, WE'LL ALWAYS RISE RIGHT BACK UP. YOU'RE A LUCKY WOMAN, REILA, TO LEAD THE GREATEST WARRIORS IN ALL OF AMESTRIS."

"Peach...Why didn't you tell me!? I can bring you something! We have plenty of mattresses and anything you need. Y-you need to tell me these things! Don't go on forcing yourself....I mean I--" She looked down, twirling a piece of her long hair around her pointer finger. "I just... I lead the greatest warriors in Amestris...possibly, but...we're all human. That's something we can't forget. And as humans, we must depend on others sometimes." Her eyes met Mr. Peach's full of tears. There was too much. Too much was happening. Too much stress. Too many problems in the world, big or small. To fix them all, she just had to start with the things in front of her and go from there. In time...
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Lucas Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Listening to Reila, as well as Peach and the large man with the larger voice, Akito realized that he hadn't introduced himself! Still facing Reila, he responded, "Sorry I made a lady have to ask my name. Akito Satay, at your service, ma'am. I'm hoping to learn how to work with ice. Right now, I know how to manipulate stone, but if there's water frozen inside, it renders the stuff useless to me. I'm trying to become a State Alchemist, for... personal reasons." Shaking his head to dislodge the memory of his father's face as the man came home, he continued, "I've been doing alchemy for a while. About six years, actually. I could make myself useful around Briggs in exchange for some lessons, if you'd like. I'm a decent marksman, if I say so myself." Turning to Mr Peach, and digging out some money to pay for it, he said, "I'll take a scone, please." Draining the last sip in his cup, he said, "That was the only cup of coffee I've ever liked in my life."
Felix Lucas
Felix Lucas
BLOODY INNOCENT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Mr. Peach smiled sadly at her. " Don't fret your little heart about me, Miss worry." He took a cloth napkin and dabbed the tears from her eyes before they had time to fall. He knew that wasn't all that was bothering her. It takes a lot of time for one to be emotionally ready for such a job as head of briggs, and many lose themselves along the way. When he was a soldier in Briggs before even Reila's mother was born, he saw his leader lose the core values even before ROITE came upon the map. The burden of keeping everyone healthy, let alone ready for an attack was hard. Mr. Peach shouldn't put any more water in a full bucket. Mr. Peach pulled out a dried cattail from his pocket. It had the same scent as Mr. Peach. " These cattails help me fall asleep and wake up slowly. I have them imported from Xing, where I learned about tea. My body getting old is nothing to get upset about. I'll live as long as there's a smile in the North, so let this wrinkly man live long." The corners of his eyes crinkled into rivers of long creases, meeting the stretches of his grin. Anyone could see that the cattails meant a lot to him and had a certain reminiscent quality to their scent.

He left the cattail on the table as he got up to get a scone from the tray, onto a plate and dribbled sweet honey over it's crusted surface. After taking a cloth napkin from the tray, he placed it in front of the man, placing the money in his back pocket. " Thank you for that compliment. If you don't like something, then it isn't fresh enough. " Also, I don't think I've said my full name in front of anyone in a long time." Mr. Peach sat back down in his spot. He turned to Ein. " Ein, if Reila thinks he needs some extra training you and I could help her out by giving him a few chores. I have a tree that needs plucking that I my ladder doesn't reach and I'm a bit squeamish of killing my lovely hens..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 am

Oh, Einy had been listening to Mr. Peach talk when he first noticed it; Reila was crying! Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO, that would not do! Moving with an agile grace and speed that most people would never expect from a hulking giant in his late sixties, Einherjar moved over to where Reila was, and gave her a hug, smiling gently as Peach explained the situation. Speaking, for once, in a NORMAL tone of voice again, to try and quell her tears, he spoke as softly as he could; still a bit loud, but not ear-punching. "Don't cry, Reila, don't cry! Everything's going to be fine, don't worry!" Breaking from the surprisingly NOT bone-shattering hug, he seated himself again. Indeed, he suspected that Reila was upset over more than just Peachy's sleeping arrangements, so hopefully his comforting words and loving hugs would ease her mind. Her mind needed to THINK and to be eh... REILA-Y! Is that even a word? WHO CARES. IT IS NOW!

That was ALSO the point in time he noticed the new guy. With a broad, cheery grin, he waved at him. "OH, YEAH, I THINK I FORGOT TO INTRODUCE MYSELF TO YOU! HELLO, AKITO SATAY, I AM EINHERJAR EGIL, MILITARY INSTRUCTOR AT BRIGGS!" Indeed, if Akito was to come to Briggs, he and the lad would meet up again at some point, he figured. So, twas good to meet him now! And speaking of his coming to Briggs, Peach spoke up, offering up an idea or two, to which Einy grinned over to his fellow senior citizen, and back at Akito. "SOUNDS LIKE IT'LL BE FUN, PEACHY. AND AS THE RECRUITS' INSTRUCTOR AT BRIGGS, I'LL HAVE SOME STUFF FOR YOU TOO, IF YOU NEED ANY EXTRA TRAINING, AKITO. IF NOTHING ELSE, A GOOD WORKOUT EVERY NOW AND THEN TO KEEP YOU IN SHAPE FOR BRIGGS, AYE? SHOULD BE FUN, I THINK!" And indeed, Briggs recruits tended to like Einy for his teaching, since he started working there. Mostly, he played games to keep them in top form, with the occasional Mr. Miyagi challenge, and some basic military drills now and then. And of course, what soldier DIDN'T enjoy a good game of basketball, at work, no less?

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:19 pm

She sniffled, sucking it up as best she could. She couldn't cry at Briggs...so was it here that she let the emotions rise? Overwhelmed, and battered from months of tension, Reila tried to let it all out in one long sigh. With her tears dabbed away, she looked to Mr. Peach with fluttery golden eyes sprinkled with an unknown emotion. Thank you--she couldn't say it out loud, but he knew...just as he knew the frailty of himself. "I'll live as long as there's a smile in the North, so let this wrinkly man live long." She broke through the heavy fog, moist and batter-beaten, and smiled softly.

"Then you will surely live forever." Still, she worried. Still, she would get him a proper bed. Understanding the old was something Reila just couldn't grasp. He had no one to look after him...no one to care about him. But that wasn't why she cared. Reila cared because Mr. Peach was the closest thing she had to a grandparent. Hell, she didn't even know what it was like to have parents or a family...how was she ever going to attempt to start her own. Dai, how? She gnawed on her lip, trying to will away the tears that oh-so hated her. However, suddenly a shadow morphed into the corner of her eye, making her heart hammer violently into her rib cage. A hand automatically went to her tachi, panicked. ...But it was only Ein lumbering over to wrap her into himself. She disappeared into all that was him and his giantness, vanishing from the world for just a moment: a moment long enough to regain herself. Smiling a little more brilliantly, she gave the tree of a man a fond look. She needed that.

Turning sparky eyes back to Akito, she hesitated a moment.

"A state alchemist? I can't help you there, however we could work on your training at Briggs?" Her eyes flicked back to Ein in indication. "As mentioned, Ein here teaches at Briggs. Maybe he would be inclined to... Mr. Peach, I could send Dai over to do that for you? You should have just asked. He'd be happy to help!" She beamed. "But yes, you are certainly welcome to join us, but be aware that the work is strenuous and you must be admitted first into the military." She sighed and pulled her hair into a messy ponytail, standing up with a pouty look. "For now, I gotta go back... I just...have a really bad feeling." She waved with a small smile and left a twenty on the counter before heading to the door. "I'll come by soon again! And I'll send Dai over!!" Reila waved and was gone back to the frosty fortress.

[EXIT THREAD]
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Lucas Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:25 pm

As Akito watched Reila leave, he was a bit shocked. He had come prepared to argue his case for a long while, but she had accepted almost instantly. He was also a little shocked from the volume of Mr. Egil's, or Ein, as everyone else called him, voice, which seemed to increase when it was directed at him. Fighting the urge to be sarcastic with the veritable wall of a man, out of self-preservation, mostly, he responded, "I think that would be a good idea. I must admit, I haven't had time or equipment to work out for a while. It takes some time to get here from Dublith, and I had the most curious setback in Rush Valley..." He trailed off, remembering his encounter with the veritable lunatic Animos. Shivering a bit from the thought, he continued, "But, I'm rambling. Who do I talk to to get into the military?" Akito took a bite of the scone, smiling at the pleasant taste. He would've said something to Peach, but his mouth was full.

Last edited by Akito Satay on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Friend's touch screen computer, friend pushed send before I finished. Done now.)
Felix Lucas
Felix Lucas
BLOODY INNOCENT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Mr. Peach cleaned her side of the table from the plates and cups and picked up the twenty. He then walked away into the kitchen and started cleaning the dishes. As he let them soak in his special formula, he slowly took a stepping stool and placed it in front of a cupboard. He then stepped on it and reached a dark earthen pot where he stored all of his money. There were several bills of varying amounts. Some in wads of cash and some just wrinkly one-dollar bills for the people who were tight on cash but needed something to cheer them up. He gleamed at the green he had acquired through smiles and put it vack without putting the twenty in there. He then picked up a silver box with the name "Friends" on it. There were pictures of Ein, Reila, and Dai on there along with half the battalion of the North there. It was here that he stored the money that he would buy things for his friends. Things like scarves, cookware, a lovely trinket or a small parcel of special food he would order overseas. No one knew about this tiny stash of money, not even the perceptive Dai.

He took the twenty and put it gently in the already-full box and closed it shut with the decorated little knob that clicked shut. After that, he put it back and shakily got off the stool. Maybe he would buy Reila something nice for her birthday. A necklace maybe? Or was she still into books? It was hard figuring out what to get. He then remembered how she nearly cried with his bed. Maybe I could get a new bed so Reila would be more at ease. He took that out of his mind. He spent enough of his life worrying about himself and how to escape the reaches of society. It was about time to immerse himself into it at last. Without any exceptions.

He walked back, cautiously placing one slippered foot over the other to make sure he didn't trip. He caught a piece of the conversation in the meantime. "But, I'm rambling. Who do I talk to to get into the military?" Mr. Peach chuckled. "That would be Einherjar Eigil. You've been talking to him for the past twenty minutes. " Mr. Peach sat back down, but not before refilling everyones cups. He placed his teacup up to his mustache, but the liquid was cold again. He looked at the cup with an irritated look, his mustache swishing. The drops falling expertly on his napkins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:49 am

Aww, Reila was leaving! Well, it seemed his hug and Peach's kind words had soothed her stress well enough, so she was allowed to leave, he figured. Though were she still stressed out that much, he'd have never let her leave without ensuring she was happy and stress-free! Since coming to Briggs, everyone had become akin to his family, and Reila was like a precious daughter to him; he would never let anything bad befall her, especially not the frustrations of her workload. It was overwhelming to be in command of Briggs, he knew, but he also knew that under optimal circumstances, Reila would never be overwhelmed; stress from everything all at once was keeping her from top performance, and he wouldn't have it. But, he digressed...

Ah, so Akito admitted to being out of shape for the military, eh? NO MATTER! That's what Einy existed to solve! And when Peachy noted to Akito that Einy WAS INDEED the handler of Briggs' recruits, he gave a friendly wave. "VERY NICE TO MEET YOU, LAD. RIGHT NOW, I'M OFF-DUTY, BUT STOP BY THE RECRUITMENT OFFICE TOMORROW MORNING, I'LL BE THERE. I GET THE FEELING YOU'LL MAKE A FINE SOLDIER, AKITO!" With a smile, and by "smile", I mean a large toothy grin, he gave Akito a thumbs-up of confidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Lucas Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Akito smiled back at the giant as Einherjar said that he'd make a fine soldier. Still, the man was extremely loud. Really? It had been twenty minutes already? It was amazing how easily that Akito lost track of time. He'd need to pick up a watch some time, even though he'd probably forget to check it. Anyway, he had some items to pick up and/or scrounge up before tomorrow. He listed them off in his mind as he finished off his pastry. Oh, what a good scone it was, too. He'd definitely need to find someone who carried the specialty ammo for his handgun, and he'd need to find a stone that was less porous than his pumice, at least until he learned how to work with ice and water. Much to do. Turning to Mr. Peach, he said,
"That was an excellent scone."
He then returned his attention to Einherjar.
"I suppose I'll see you tomorrow then."
And then, addressing them both,
"It was a pleasure to meet you both, but I have to go. I've got some rocks to find and some people to meet before tomorrow. So, goodbye, until we meet again."
He stood, smiling, and walked out the door, waving as he did so. As it swung shut behind him, he wrapped his coat closer around him and set off toward town. He would have to get some more of the coffee.
Felix Lucas
Felix Lucas
BLOODY INNOCENT

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 3:13 am

Mr. Peach smiled at the compliment and didn't mind the random comment of what he needed to buy. He remembered that he had once forgot to mop the hardwood floors and a bit splotch of tea was on a white rug and he was out of glasses. So he went to the small shop and bought bleach and a shot glass. My there was some horrified stares and even the manager whom had been his friend took him aside and talked about the wonders of life. What a saddening misunderstanding it was that spring. Lovely.

He sipped the cold liquid after putting a few lemons in it, configuring into a summer glass. When it turned empty, he let out a sigh. His mustache bending forward with the sudden wind from his wrinkled hidden lips. " I say, Einherjar. People submitting their lives to the military are so young they don't know just what they're signing up for." He covered his heart with his hand as he stirred the dregs in the old Xing tradition. " As soon as you don that uniform, your life is no longer your own and it's only duty is to everyone else. Nothing can be as selfless...and selfish as that."

Mr. Peach placed his spoon on a napkin and placed the cup upside down and tapped it a few time. " I remember when I was in Xing learning about tea... they had a wonderful way to view the world. Sort of alchemical, but with souls. The human soul can only be transferred and never taken away." He flipped the tea cup over and it showed what looked like a knife and a heart. "Though I'm sad to say, they didn't say anything about it being corrupted."

Mr. Peach stopped looking into the bad omen in his cup and smiled up at the hulk of the man. He had been patiently listening to this old fool and his superstitions. " So anything on your mind, Einherjar?" Mr. Peach remembered when people asked why this old fool referred Ein by his full first name. He simply replied. " That is the name of which he was given as he was introduced to this world. Saying anything different would be an insult to his soul and what that name represents."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 12:03 am

Oh? He was leaving? So soon? How odd... Ah well, people fluttered in and out, only old men truly stayed for hours on end. "UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN, MR. SATAY!~" Giving a hearty grin, he took a swallow of tea and a few bites of scone as he turned his attention from waving goodbye at Akito, to looking at Mr. Peach, as his friend spoke words of wisdom. Nodding in his sagely way, a faint, somewhat sad smile on the face of the elderly Lokhyn warrior, he spoke in agreement to Peach's words. "AYE, FAR TOO YOUNG... YOU KNOW, I JOINED UP, AFTER MUCH CONSIDERATION, WHEN I WAS WELL... NOT TOO MUCH OLDER THAN I AM NOW, HEHEHE... EVEN THEN, IT WAS A WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE, AND I'M ONLY THE RECRUITS' INSTRUCTOR. CRAZY..."

Glancing at Mr. Peach as he fiddled with a tea cup, he listened to a rather enlightened view of the world, one he'd heard before, of Peach's times in Xing, learning the trade he so skillfully honed. Indeed, it seemed to be that way, souls being like that and all. And indeed, the corruption of a soul was never good...

But off that topic, he glanced up from the tea cup that had held his curiosity briefly, and smiled at Mr. Peach, who'd asked him a question. And using his lengthy, hard to pronounce name to, as it is in the eyes of many, like he always does... Einherjar always did appreciate that show of respect, as he quite liked his name; Einherjar Fenrir Egil Thorson; First name, the noble warriors of Valhalla's halls. Second name, the great, powerful monster wolf, Fenrir. Surname, the great king of Lokheim, Egil, all those years ago. And his clan name, Thorson, stated that he was a son of Thor, mighty God of the Sky! Indeed, he too took care with what he called Mr. Peach, but in a fashion reversed of the tea-brewer's; by calling him Peachy, it was his way of showing friendship and affection for the kind old man, whom he'd grown to like, as he had all of Briggs' inhabitants. Oh, right, the answer to Peach's question! "AH, JUST STUFF. I'D SAY I WAS HOMESICK, IF BRIGGS WEREN'T MY NEW HOME, HAHAHA~ THOUGH I DO MISS MY FATHER, BACK IN AEVADAUOR... AND COME TO THINK OF IT, I REALLY SHOULD VISIT MY GRANDDAUGHTER, IN DRACHMA, AT SOME POINT." Hmm... Actually, that was a concern of his... All this tension with Drachma. A frown beset itself on the man's face. Speaking softer than normal, though still within his normally high range of volume, he looked into Peach's eyes, as if to find an answer there, before asking of him what was on his mind. "SAY, PEACHY... DO YOU GET THE SAME FEELING I'M GETTING, LIKE SOMETHING'S SETTLING ON THE HORIZON? OR DID I JUST HAVE TOO LARGE OF A BREAKFAST TO BE ENJOYING THESE SCONES...?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Sun May 20, 2012 5:12 pm

{BUMP}
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down