Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
The Grand Tour EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
The Grand Tour EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
The Grand Tour EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
The Grand Tour EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
The Grand Tour EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
The Grand Tour EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
The Grand Tour EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
The Grand Tour EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
The Grand Tour EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
The Grand Tour EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

The Grand Tour

Go down

The Grand Tour Empty The Grand Tour

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:09 am

”I’m sorry, but we don’t rush authorizations through. These permits take time to approve. And considering she’s on the blacklist…”

”I have neither the time nor patience to wait for the approval process, and I’m not leaving until-“

”I’m sorry, sir, but Royal Guard or not, the rules apply to everyone. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll be going on break now.”

”Is there a problem, Sergeant Thum?”

”Lord Dietrich, sir,” the guard says, saluting.

”Prime Minister, I can explain,” the bureaucrat says nervously.

”Ah, yes, I was afraid of this…” Stepping forward, he pats Thum on the shoulder. ”I’m afraid he can be a bit brash, of which I do apologize for. However, I’m afraid that I need these authorizations approved immediately.” Reaching into his jacket, he pulls out a few folded papers, smirking as he sees the man cower slightly. ”A copy of the new blacklist, approved by parliament just yesterday. As for those permits, I’m afraid I’ll need you to approve these now. I’m afraid this is a diplomatic visit, brought on by myself, so I’m sure that management will forgive this breach of protocol. Now, please, simply stamp them and we’ll be on our way.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Straightening his coat, he stood diligently, flanked by Cravetz and Sullivan. He had extended a branch of friendship to General Tsukino, part as thanks and part to show no hard feelings. A tour of the country, or at least parts of it. He knew staying in one place became stale after some time, and imagined Briggs wasn’t any better than London. Perhaps stepping onto foreign soil as a tourist instead of a soldier would help, as well.

”I still don’t see why you insist on holding a sign with her name on it, Cravetz,” Dietrich comments.

”I’d believe it would self-explanatory, sir.”

”Really? I’d presume a friendly greeting and a smile on my face would be enough.”

”Nope. Sign works better.”

”Well then, carry on.”

Just then, he saw a familiar face emerge from the airport.

”Told you the sign works.” Cravetz mutters.

”Ms. Tsukino, pleasure to see you again! It’s good to know that you have room for some downtime these days. I presume everything’s going reasonably well in Amestris?”

Taking an envelope from Sullivan, he hands it to Reila. ”Authorization permits for your alchemy, allowing its use for defense, should you end up in such an unfortunate situation. I’m afraid some of the public, as well as many members of parliament, aren’t so keen on you still, so I figured I would err on the side of caution.”

Last edited by Dietrich on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Grand Tour Empty Re: The Grand Tour

Post by Reila Tsukino Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:52 am

Leaving Fort Briggs was hell. Well, not outwardly, but in her mind, she had been iffy about it the entire time. Since the tensions between Amestris and Drachma we so high, she could almost see it as she squinted through the wintry divide. Plans were scrabbled on papers all over her desk, whole pencils worn down to nothing. She had had Dai buy her new erasers twice, and probably killed way too many trees to be considered environmentally friendly anymore. Still, no attack came though it could come any day. No hit-them-while-they're-down came banging at the walls of their fortress despite there being hundreds of eyes on the look out all across the mountain range. Dai had urged her to leave--to get out of there because the stress was nearly driving her mad. Weeks of waiting and staring at the ready while other exterior guards were on tight two-hour shifts, had Reila putting her scarf in the refrigerator and eating her soup with her hair brush. She was off and everyone knew that she needed a break or Briggs would slowly degrade without Drachma even attacking. Since Murazar was back, the pink-haired leader could possibly afford to clear her mind. The idea was briefly mentioned to Dai first as she was nearly falling asleep in her dinner. She described how she really wanted to travel to all these countries so she understood who she was befriending or who she was fighting. All the killing was making her thirst for the images of what life looked like. And after Creta had attacked West City and the battle in Drachma, Reila couldn't shake the uncomfortable feeling she had since witnessing the two sides of Dietrich. The evil warmonger with a lolling mouth which opted someone to erase her memories and meddle with Dai's all for victory that wasn't needed: one. The kind leader that offered a helping hand to them against RIOTE and then retreated together, scathed: two. It seemed he changed depending on the circumstances of the two nations, and Reila understood that entirely. But Creta and Amestris had no need to play war anymore when they could very well hold decent conversations that saved lives. She only hoped Dietrich understood that. Still, that wasn't the reason at all why she wanted to go to Creta. Dietrich was intriguing and she was more than convinced that he would not only make a wonderful ally, but more so a friend.

Yeah, she was naive, so suck it. It's not like her naivete was anything that would bring down anything she had built...especially when she could back it up guns blazing. People were people...not all of them were assholes that wanted to see people suffer. There were definitely those out there that respected other people's feelings and were looking for some enjoyment in all of the hell of war and death. Reila wanted to see Dietrich's country, where he was coming from, let loose a little, and possibly see eye to eye in order to better their relationship. She mentioned that to Dai and immediately was told to go. When someone you love says go, it is not taken lightly. She fought it at first for a few days, but when she passed out in the shower and woke up with him holding salt under her nose, he mentioned it again. She agreed to go sooner than later and contacted Dietrich. But...would Fort Briggs be okay without her? If they attacked right now... Dai shoved her out the door with a wave and she boarded a private plane in all secrecy just in case eyes were watching...as they always did.

The plane ride was nothing longer than she expected and she was basically asleep the whole ride. They landed and she entered into the bustle that was the airport with her small suitcase lugged behind her and a single carry on messenger bag around her shoulders. Bobby pins held her rebellious pink hair out of her face and a maroon headband did the rest. Annndddd....she was so damn lost. Why didn't they make MapQuest for airports?!? She whipped out her iPhone 4S and stared at the GPS function as if it would save her...to no avail. Stumbling through the millions of exit signs, she finally made it to the designated meeting spot, but where was-- Oh! A sign! She ran up, a trail of hair behind her with a grin plastered on her face. Ms. Tsukino, pleasure to see you again! It’s good to know that you have room for some downtime these days. I presume everything’s going reasonably well in Amestris?

"King Dietrich, I'm so glad to see you finally while we're not on a battlefield! You can call me Reila if it's easier. The tension is extremely high at Briggs, I had to get out for a brief time. That's not the reason why I'm here though. I'm so excited to see Creta...you have no idea!!" She nodded at the men around him in greeting and winked at the one with the sign. It was a great idea. "Don't worry I'm sure I'll have no need for my alchemy at all with you here, Lord Dietrich." Reila grinned, hoping that she wasn't being too pleasant.
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:35 pm

”King Dietrich, I'm so glad to see you finally while we're not on a battlefield! You can call me Reila if it's easier. The tension is extremely high at Briggs, I had to get out for a brief time. That's not the reason why I'm here though. I'm so excited to see Creta...you have no idea!”

”Fair enough, Reila, but just call me Dietrich. This is vacation time, not a formal meeting. Relax and enjoy yourself while you’re here. You’re a guest of the Prime Minister, after all.”

Feeling rather proud of Reila’s approval, Cravetz straightens up even more, smirking at Sullivan and silently boasting to the other guards.

”Don't worry I'm sure I'll have no need for my alchemy at all with you here, Lord Dietrich.”

”Just a precaution, Reila. I’d rather you be able to protect yourself and not need it, then to need to protect yourself and not be prepared... legally speaking, that it.” That, and he had to pull quite a few strings in parliament, so he was in a mood to milk it for all it was worth.

”But, we’re in the City of Brotherly Love after all. We have little to fear, and plenty of sites to see – provided you wish to stay in the city.”

”We’re done here,” he says to Sullivan. ”Notify Elastor to start wrapping things up here.” Turning towards Cravetz, he adds, ”I believe we’re ready to move out now.”

As Cravetz starts up the saloon car, Dietrich opens the door, motioning to Reila. ”Sullivan will handle your bags. Now please, ladies first.” Waiting respectfully for her to enter first, he takes a seat and closes the door behind him. ”Now, Philadelphia has a lot to offer, so I’ve come up with some things we could do. Olde City is filled with many fine restaurants and stores, in case you’re feeling hungry or in the mood to shop. Besides the normal tourist traps – some of which are of the patriotic sort, and I wouldn’t be offended if you had no interest at all – it’s almost certain that we can find some form of entertainment here. Don Giovanni is playing at the Theatre of Music tonight, there are countless movie theatres at offer mainstream and foreign films if such interests you, or anything else that comes to mind. Or perhaps an insider’s tour would suit your fancy?”

Dietrich pauses for a moment, pondering whether he’s offering up too much. ”And, while you’re here, don’t worry about room and board. I’ve arranged for you to stay at my old residence from when I was Duke here, and should you prefer to visit any other city, I can make similar arrangements as well. If you’re willing to accept, of course. I don’t mean to put you on the spot like this.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Fair enough, Reila, but just call me Dietrich. This is vacation time, not a formal meeting. Relax and enjoy yourself while you’re here. You’re a guest of the Prime Minister, after all. Omgomg...was she dreaming? Reila blushed, almost trying to cover it up with her hands like a school girl who had finally talked to the boy she liked. No, Reila, it's not that big of a deal. Calm down. Calmcalmcalm... But it was! The Prime Minister of Creta that just a few months ago wanted her dead was now allowing her to call him...Dietrich. Her cheeks grew hotter and she quickly averted her eyes to the pavement in order to get her hair to fall down and cover the rouge. She was...a guest of the Prime Minister. She was in Creta! From trashcans to skylights, she really was flying. Just a precaution, Reila." She looked up quickly, eyes refocusing on his. She was smiling, but the color has finally drained out of her cheeks. Was this...what happiness felt like? But now, he had her full attention and she listened seriously. "I’d rather you be able to protect yourself and not need it, then to need to protect yourself and not be prepared... legally speaking, that is. Reila nodded, that sharp intensity entering briefly into the gold like it did every time she thought about aggression or her alchemy. But, we’re in the City of Brotherly Love after all. We have little to fear, and plenty of sites to see – provided you wish to stay in the city. Brotherly Love? Oh right, she had read about that before when she was trying to study up all these countries she nearly had known nothing about. It had such a peaceful sound to it...nothing to fear, kind people, Dietrich looked more than a little satisfied with the outcome of her coming here. Sites to see, staying in the city? She thought about it a moment, listening to the interesting language of Cretan being passed around by Dietrich and his men. It seemed he was informing them about their departure? She felt like the honorary princess she was for the first time in her life.

"I would love to stay here," she said just as soon as it seemed they were done exchanging Cretan. Then a car started up nearby and she nearly had a heart attack, but didn't reveal the surprise at all. Jesuschrist, after all the talk of having to defend herself, she was definitely on her toes. Maybe it was also the idea that maybe...this all was too good to be true. She was...too happy.

Sullivan will handle your bags. Now please, ladies first.

"Ah, oh, okay." She let go of her wheeled suitcase and left it sitting there as she ducked into the beautiful car and scooched in to the other side, putting her seat belt on. The door shut, leaving the outside out. Dietrich began talking again, filling her mind with images and captivating her completely with the regality of his city. Not necessarily his, but... Olde city: shopping, food, she was famished. Tourist traps...she really would fall for them--Reila was the mouse in this case. Don Giovanni and the Theatre of Music? It sounded strangely like Phantom of the Opera to her and she was instantly intrigued. An insider's tour? Dietrich paused and Reila opened her mouth to ask a million and a half questions, but not to her surprise he yet again continued and Reila was yet again hanging off each word.

"...If you’re willing to accept, of course. I don’t mean to put you on the spot like this.

"Yes! I mean...I would be honored, Dietrich. Thank you...so much for allowing me to come here." Okay crying now before doing anything would be stupid, suck it up Reila. You've been grateful enough so far. The emotion in her voice faded off with the stars in her eyes as she continued. "Don Giovanni sounds amazing for tonight as well as visiting Olde City. Maybe you know of a good place to get lunch?"
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:42 am

”Yes! I mean...I would be honored, Dietrich. Thank you...so much for allowing me to come here.”

”No need to thank me, Reila. I’m just repaying you for your hospitality after our incursion into Drachma. I look after my friends.” Were they actually friends? Probably not. Capable of being friends, certainly, but at this current stage? Well, what mattered was that he was returning a favor in kind. And maybe showing good faith to help pave some past issues between the two. ”And it’s the least I can do for you.”

Don Giovanni sounds amazing for tonight as well as visiting Olde City. Maybe you know of a good place to get lunch?

”There are plenty of excellent eateries in Olde City. Just… Sullivan? Get us some tickets to Don Giovanni. And the usual security.

Cravetz starts up the car, with Sullivan riding shotgun, as the car smoothly starts off towards center city, quickly making their way to the freeway. Besides the luxury car, the quartet seemed to be keeping things more low-profile, going along with traffic instead of forcing people aside.

“Sorry about that. Anyway, there’s Wüstenfuchs, if you’d rather stick to Amestrian food. Pretty close to the actual thing, though it has a noticeable hint of Cretan if you know what to look for. However, we have other things as well. Huli Jing is known as the place to go for Xingese, or Zorro del Sombras for a more exotic variant of Esparian. The Naughty Kitsune is a surprisingly upscale Aerugese restauraunt, and serves sake in a traditional style. La Volpe serves their food Cerisian home-style: big plates, lots of food, and a cosy environment. Finally, if you want simple Cretan food, there the Sly Fox Brewery. Pub-style, but still delicious.

“Those are only my recommendations, of course. They’re all relatively close to one another. Downtown Philly has a rather heavy concentration of fine restaurants and shops, so going to one place isn’t an inconvenience at all.”

Looking out the window, he smiled as he saw the city skyline draw closer. The towers, the skyscrapers, the mix of old and new… With a sigh, he takes in the sights of his old home away from home.

”Did you bring a dress for this evening, Reila?” he asks, as their progress slows down, the car exiting the freeway onto the streets. ”If not, then that’s a priority, I think. Although not required, some people do enjoy getting dressed up for the occasion. All a matter of opinion, honestly, but I’m sure we could find a dress that you look stunning in, something nice to show off to Mr. Ito. Just not too stunning. I can’t have the Duchess of New York getting envious of you.” He chuckles at that last part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:56 am

No need to thank me, Reila. I’m just repaying you for your hospitality after our incursion into Drachma. I look after my friends. What did she do though? She really didn't do anything. They sort of just went there and lost terribly...somehow. Creta and Amestris defeated by a terrorist group out to force peace by aggression. It was wrong. SO WRONG. And yet...the good didn't win out. This scared her. It terrified her. Leaving Briggs alone was something that was more than a little horrifying... She nodded slightly, engrossed by the muffled lights outside the window.

"I'm glad," she murmured, turning to look at him with a bright smile. "I'm glad to be called Lord Dietrich's friend." Once enemies, now friends. It was so unbelievable that it made perfect sense. At least to her. Love is borne from Hate and vice-versa. Not to say she ever hated or loved Dietrich, but the concept of dualism worked just the same. Being friends...made he happy, which was more than evident in her star-reflecting golden eyes. The car began moving and once again, Reila was glued to the window, looking out upon the city that was Creta. She was so excited, she felt like a little kid again, lost in the wonderment of an unexplored world all new to her. She listened to the man talk, glancing at him now and then to show him that he had her full, distracted attention. "How about Sly Fox Brewery then? All those sound wonderful, but if I don't have Cretan food in Creta that would be certainly funny!" She laughed slightly, following Dietrich's eyes to the window where suddenly the crests of skyscrapers burst out of the horizon, mixing with the old. She loved it. No snow in sight. "Beautiful..."

There was a pause. Did you bring a dress for this evening, Reila? She turned to look at him questioningly. "...something nice to show off to Mr. Ito." ...Eh? EH!? She blinked, suddenly bewildered and beside herself. Instantly, she blushed and quickly looked away, twirling her hair around her finger. How...how did he know about that? She knew that he knew about Dai, but that was in the war...and she hadn't forgiven him then... Ahhhh... she couldn't underestimate his information network. It was scary actually and Ahhh!!! She bit her lip and turned back to him with a mixed look of embarrassment, surprise, struggle, and confusion. "I can’t have the Duchess of New York getting envious of you.

"Hah! As if!!~" She shot back at him as she would any other friend of hers, using casual mannerisms and showing her full smile. "I did bring something... maybe you can access it and see if it is worthy!!" She winked and settled back in her seat. "Thank you...for all of this. It truly means a lot."

[Then they have fun and all that stuffs and Reila doesn't want to leave and they are friends! Kay? Yay~]
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down