Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Scenery Delish Delight EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Scenery Delish Delight EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Scenery Delish Delight EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Scenery Delish Delight EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Scenery Delish Delight EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Scenery Delish Delight EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Scenery Delish Delight EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Scenery Delish Delight EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Scenery Delish Delight EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Scenery Delish Delight EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Scenery Delish Delight

3 posters

Go down

Scenery Delish Delight Empty Scenery Delish Delight

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Seated upon his stool, amid buildings wrecked and ruined that coil towards the sky, providing shade to the sun, as well as alchemic arrays albeit unfinished and nonfunctional surrounding the place. Architecture of the finer ancient workings, patterns of hieroglyphics and other such assortments typically ancient people have complimented the scenery. Yet in the middle of all of this was a flat space of bricks and a table in the middle of it, that at the two ends opposing one another, were stools underneath. All conveniently placed there.

Seated upon one side of the chair, was Nikolaus. Promptly dipping a strawberry into his mouth followed by chewing the fruity bounty of his. Accompanied by two people of similar black uniforms behind him, as they were standing there without much to hold in what would remotely be called a weapon. Rather unarmed if not shaky over such a thing. A rather appropriate set of subordinates as they were an arm reach away, literally.

And finally behind Nikolaus was a parked and dormant helicopter laid nicely on a big chunk of flat space. A means towards moving rather fast. For all that is known, this is an area untouched by many due to the treachery and inhospitable barren desert, which claimed many lives. An appropriate location for the man whom he summoned he should be expecting before him. Rather leisure about the Homunculus he summoned once more.

Back to top Go down

Scenery Delish Delight Empty Re: Scenery Delish Delight

Post by Dai Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:00 am

B U M P
Dai
Dai
PENDING

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Envy did appear on the place for that meeting. However, he wasn't that glad about it. And there were several reasons for that, or even more. First off, this meeting was kept in the middle of a desert. And while that wasn't the main issue, the heat was still a bit annoying. Secondly, the place itself brought back some unpleasant memories about this one person, who almost got one life out of Envy. And thirdly, Envy's thoughts about this man were currently more negative than positive. Well, more negative than before. And all thanks to that went to that recent event on Drachma. Which Nikolaus would hopefully explain in that place. Envy's entrance happened from the ruins, where there were nice and cool shadows. He was in his favorite appearance, even at the risk of it being highly impractical on a desert. But the hoodie was white, to give even some form of comfort. His form walked calmly to the seat, that had been apparently brought there, and did not waste any time to pleasant things. ''So. What do you want? Hopefully to explain something''.
Envy
Envy
PENDING

Location : I move all the time, so why would I bother to tell?

-Case File-
Level: 2
Writer: Envy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:57 pm

The baby Homunculus's appearance was marked with awareness. He was too easy to spot as myriads of souls screamed out before the Colonel's vision. So very obvious that Envy was in proximity. His appearance was not meant by startling surprise, not that the Homunculus was even trying to achieve that. No, he merely sat there, as Nikolaus reached out for the food on the table, that which was presented before the both of them in the form of a plate, bringing his own grub against his mouth, inserting and devouring it. Grinding against the meat and lashing the cooked flesh to his mouth.

''So. What do you want? Hopefully to explain something''.

He swallowed the food into his mouth, looking at Envy. Ah, Envy, straight to the point, so direct, not one for cultured dining over in morning, or breakfasting. Either differences work in this case. Just what was HE doing in Drachma anyways? Questionable things indeed.

"First, have a bite. I cooked that myself and flavored it with fine spices." He insisted in a pleasant tone to the Homunculus, continuing his munching of his meat as he promptly swallows, "MMMMM-UMM, this is the best damn meat I ever eaten, then again, I have been the best fucking survivalist cook out there."

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Envy was a bit reluctant when he was offered something to eat. This was due to the fact that he rarely ate anything at all. With an exception of sweet things, of course. However, he had a feeling that this meeting wouldn't go anywhere if he would just sit and do nothing. So he eventually did join Nikoulaus on the dinner, which the man had claimed to be made by him. Envy continued to eat slowly and even seemed to be more concentrated on the food than on what the man was blabbering. His answer was delayed after yet another moment of eating. ''In that case, it's a shame that you go and serve your food to someone who doesn't give any credit for you from it''. He hadn't finished what he was saying, but he did have a small pause as he continued to eat. ''Was it intentional or just plain irony?''

That was Envy's last remark before Nikolaus would go on with whatever matter he had on his mind. And it wouldn't bother this homunculus, as he had changed his approach to this situation. Human could talk all he wanted and Envy would go along, but neither of them would leave that place before Envy got some sort of answer out of that man. But Envy wouldn't say that out loud. It was Nikoulaus' job to figure it out.
Envy
Envy
PENDING

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:10 am

He bit and bit the food until there was bits and bits left of it. Devouring the delicious meat as he set aside the meatless bone to the plate. Clearing his throat as he licked the edges of his lips with a loud "MMM-UMMM", signifying his enjoyment of such a good taste in this meal he prepared most... excellently.

''In that case, it's a shame that you go and serve your food to someone who doesn't give any credit for you from it. Was it intentional or just plain irony?"

Nikolaus briefly looked at Envy with a smile, and eased eyes, sinfully hiding behind a dagger within his mouth, metaphorically so to say.

"It was me killing two birds with one stone." He says softy, clapping away what remains of grease from the food, and spices from his hand, "I call this food, Timmy, or at least that was his name before he became chowder. Now you owe me an answer to my question given I gave you my answer to yours, my dearest Homunculus."

Fingers laced against the table, tapping against them audibly in a pattern, drumming out some nice tunes with his tips, "What of your adventure to Drachma? Hrm? Learn anything particularly interesting about anyone there? Met any new Homunculus? Maybe some familiar face?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Most of the people would have given even some reaction to Nikolaus' revelation of the food's origin. Envy didn't even make a briefest break on his meal. Animals, humans, did it really matter? It was all the same. However, the fact that that militant had added word ''dearest'' when preferring to Envy, was more questioning. ''Hopefully it doesn't become a habit''. But that was forgotten quickly as Nikolaus went on with his subject. Which was Envy's purpose to be at Drachma. Envy took a brief moment to finish his meal before he answered that.

''First of all, that was four questions, not one. But now that you asked, I did met a few interesting people. First one was an inhuman militant with some mixed background, as he was Xingese, worked for Drachma and had forgotten that he had worked for Amestris as well''. Envy leaned back a bit as he got to the important subject. ''And it's funny that you happened to ask about homunculi. Because as it turned out, there IS a few in Drahma. Very high in the ranks of that country even. But apparently no one gave me the slightest hint''. Envy leaned back forward and let his head rest on his fist. And his face wasn't happy. Not even near that. ''And I wonder why?''
Envy
Envy
PENDING

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:44 pm

So the Homunculus is a humanitarian as Nikolaus was as well. Oh the job, looks like there is much to be had out of this, MUCH to be had. It told a lot about his character, that maybe he is a stoic bunny with a hard exterior but a very soft interior, or maybe he just likes eating people. Oh so many quantities of variables exist which Nikolaus honestly doesn't care to delve into. He isn't a psychologist, and unless he was investigating Envy's psyche, THEN he would be assed to actually look further into what delves in that grey matter of his, or whatever the Hell Homunculus have in their noggin.

"First of all, that was four questions, not one. But now that you asked, I did meet a few interesting people. First one was an inhuman militant with some mixed background, as he was Xingese, worked for Drachma and had forgotten that he had worked for Amestris as well."

Oh, what a little smartass. He'd smack him right now for pointing that out. Maybe punch him one or two for that little comment, but who cares? Nikolaus was having a nice day, the food was great, and it offset his urge to prompt a swift backhand. Anyways, this part interested him. A Xingese? Inhuman? Worked for Amestris? Was... was this Hei?! No no, couldn't be, oh wait, then again, he did see that wanker before in one mop up operation with Three. This is a possibility he couldn't discount. In all this self-thought, all Nikolaus did was smile at Envy inattentively.

"And it's funny that you happened to ask about homunculi. Because as it turned out, there IS a few in Drachma. Very high in the ranks of that country even. But apparently no one gave me the slightest hint."

Interesting... besides Envy in Drachma, perhaps Greed and Sloth are there? No, these are disowned children. All of them. EVERY. ONE. OF THEM. ARE. CHILDREN. Not worth the mantle of being Homunculus, to band with the very same juvenile brats wishing to rid the world of alchemy.

"And I wonder why?"

Nikolaus leaned forward, latching one finger to another between both hands, resting his chin on his web of fingers, looking at Envy with a loss of his smile. Displeased as well in demeanor.

"You weren't envious enough to seek out the information, and also the gentleman of the Invictus Society would render judgement unto these Homunculi of Drachma to be disowned from here on then." He sighed, good grief, these little brats are being drawn to the allure of a bunch of shortsighted oafs, looking Envy with squinted saucers, "When your Father returns, and that he will, he'll take care of these little rebellious bastards, there will be NO PLACE on this round Earth they'll be able to hide."

His hand pounded against the table with a mighty hit which sent it down in half, making a loud crunching sound, standing up from his seat to back away from the broken furniture. Breathing out as his anger dwindled.

"What is the name of the Xingman you met? And what are the Sins of these Homunculi?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Envy didn't really like the way Nikolaus had explained the lack in his information. He had made it sound like it was Envy's fault. And dissing someone make them naturally irritated. Second reason for that was that was that Nikolaus had judged Vanity before he had gotten any more details than being in Drachman system of power. Sure it was healthy enthusiasm in the name of Father, but it was still a bit hasty. The irritation was distracted into surprise as the table got smashed after a mighty hit from Nikolaus. It made Envy draw himself back a little. After which he requested some details. Out of nowhere, just like that, without any buildup.

''I'm not entirely sure about the name of the Xingese one. In Drachma, he stated it was Hei Jin. But in Amestris, it was Hei Bai. It's hard to tell which one is correct, if either of them is''. Envy continued to sit and crossed his legs before he continued. ''As for the homunculi. Other one is Greed. He's not as good as the earlier one. But the other one is more interesting''. He leaned forward again and raised both of his hands. He opened them so that seven fingers were up. ''She obviously isn't me or Greed''. Envy put two of the fingers down as he had said them. And continued to put them down as he listed the sins. ''Pride, Wrath, Gluttony, Sloth and Lust. She's neither of those either. Which would obviously leave us with no answer at all. Unless...'' Now Envy raised his fingers again. But this time, there were eight of them. ''There's more homunculi than seven''. Now they went down again, expect his index finger of his right hand. ''Vanity''. Envy's hands were then set down. ''And there's nothing to worry about her. She's one of my favorite siblings. And getting to her would be a bit difficult. For as I said, she's high-ranked in Drachma. But she isn't being ordered. She makes the orders''. Envy was getting tired of sitting and stood up from his eat. ''Hopefully these revelations didn't cause a data overflow of sorts''.
Envy
Envy
PENDING

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:04 pm

"I am not entirely sure about the name of the Xingese one. In Drachma, he stated it was Hei Jin. But in Amestris, it was Hei Bai. It's hard to tell which one is correct, if either of them is."

This suddenly invited Nikolaus's mouth to grimace into a nasty scowl, a toothy one as well. So Hei was a traitor all along eh? That explains why that bastard joined Drachma, and more importantly, RIOTE. He ALWAYS knew that filthy Xingman had it in him to betray Amestris for some goal of his, perhaps for the Xingese Emperor all along. Figures Hei would do this, a triple agent all along.

"As for the homunculi. Other one is Greed. He's not as good as the earlier one. But the other one is more interesting."

Eh? He didn't meet the first Greed anyways, so it doesn't make a difference to Nikolaus. Then again, Homunculus are interesting in their own ways, that being after Father's time, they are conceited, adventurous and dastardly types with an extreme amount of independence, if not completely lost of their former purpose in life if anything.

"She obviously isn't me or Greed."

Obviously not, but it is a possibility to consider nonetheless.

"Pride, Wrath, Gluttony, Sloth and Lust. She's neither of those either. Which would obviously leave us with no answer at all. Unless..."

Oh? Was this Envy's inner detective at work? The very most basic form of Sherlockian deduction skill that weighs the options in, and with what information is with him, deduce what is and isn't around.

"There's more homunculi than seven. Vanity. And there's nothing to worry about her. She's one of my favorite siblings. And getting to her would be a bit difficult. For as I said, she's high-ranked in Drachma. But she isn't being ordered. She makes the orders. Hopefully these revelations didn't cause a data overflow of sorts."

This is disturbing. Seven Homunculi eh? Going beyond the very staples of how much someone can manufacture them. If they can do that, then they are not exclusive to Ilios. If they are not exclusive to Ilios, then they are profligates by default, depraved wastrels with no worth but the lacking of a parent to follow. Filth. It dawned to his face with unpleasantness, his infuriating anger so evident on his face for a mighty nasty scowl. Hei was his problem now, save for Vanity... whom is an interesting name. But who Vanity is... is hard to say. Perhaps she is Alena? That secretary?

"And what of her affiliation with RIOTE? Hrm? The very organization that vows the destruction of Alchemy, and to the extent, Father's works." He questioned snidely, his fist balled up and gripped tightly, as if it were a missile ready to smash whatever furniture was around, "IF she DOES have control of Drachma, and is merely biding her time to cripple RIOTE and take complete control in Father's good graces, then let her know that she has powerful friends in Amestris. If not, then you should let her know, that her enemies WILL hunt her down, no matter what strength and power she holds. There will be no place for her to hide on this Earth of ours, and the only peace she'll know is that of death no matter how far she runs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Nikolaus seemed to be questioning Envy's knowledge quite much during this meeting. But Envy was quite hesitant about whether to keep thinking into it or not. After all, this person was few of the humans who actually supported Father. Those kinds of people were vital. He decided not to think too much into those possible insults. It was quite irrelevant at the moment. ''I do know about her connection to RIOTE. The Xingman you seem to be ever so interested about told me about it. Have you met him too, by any chance? Nevertheless, I will inform about that offer/threat you made for her. I don't even think our next meeting is that far away in the future anyway''. Envy stopped talking as his hand moved to sweep some sweat from his forehead, caused by that damn sun. He looked at the hand for a small moment. ''Sweating. Why does so many convenient functions that humans have have to be so annoying at the same time?'' He did swipe the hand on his other arm. This had all been just to get more time to ask something, Envy didn't like the fact that Nikolaus was the one who asked the most of the questions. After looking at Nikolaus' general direction, he did come up with one. ''I don't know why it occurred to me just now, but are you entirely sure those two can keep their mouths shut about this meeting?'' His hand had been assigned a new task, which was to point towards those two militants in question.
Envy
Envy
PENDING

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Ah, the foretold ambiguous future of sorts that often casts adrift over seas of white and laden with golden blankets. Also known as a prediction born from a confidence that came from somewhere within the Homunculus's blackened heart. Or teeming masses of souls that flows like a tempest, shining brilliantly. It didn't make the officer curious of what Envy meant, he was too used to being given expectations without dates, and only to be on standby before updates.

"The Xingman eh? I met him. In fact, I worked with him. Had my doubts about his loyalty to Father, he was my partner before he just disappeared one day." He nods at the statement, his fumes, fires of anger died down to a cooled down state, his breathing slowed, and his eyes were no longer manic, "It is no offer or a threat, it is a choice for her to make that will naturally incur benefits and consequences, one that will be considered, heavily. A corpse left behind for the carrion? Or the crown of gold that marks her Queen?"

After such a statement, he looked at the two guards that pretend the best they can of vacancy, one that he wasn't convinced in. He didn't buy their acts. It was crappy acting on their part, before looking back at Envy. Taking a gamble that perhaps there was a minuscule chance he understood Cretan.

"Oh, zhem? Zhey vill not live to see zhe light of day vhen I grace Amestris again, mein homeland." His tongue rolled in a heavy accent distinctive in itself, "Unless you vish to turn zhese ruins into zheir graves, zhen be mein guest."

They didn't understand a word, Cretan was a common tongue, but still foreign to their ears, what plans held did not taint their minds for what designs are being held.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shula Brighton Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:29 pm

{BUMP}
Shula Brighton
Shula Brighton
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Envy nodded at Nikolaus's clarification about his message to Vanity. It was getting a bit lyrical at the end. Perhaps it was a sign of him calming down. After which he got an answer to his question about those two other men. He knew that Nikolaus had wanted to make sure that those two didn't understand what he just said. Envy also knew that all people weren't fluent in all languages. It just... it just hurt his ears a bit, that heavy accent.

However, despite of it sounding a bit rough, Envy had no reason not to answer. ''Meh. This heat is draining every last bit of activeness out of me. I think I'll decide to stick with your own judgement''. And every last bit of it was true. Envy couldn't stand this heat. He hated it. And there was next to nothing he could do about it.

And in that heat, shortly after the sentence, Envy did remember something that he was going to ask all along. It just had slipped from his mind. Maybe because it wasn't all that important. He was just a bit curious about it. ''Oh, and before I forget it...'', he started while reaching for something. Something located on his west. More precisely the back side of it. He used two fingers to pull out a knife. He used two fingers so that it didn't look even remotely threatening. Envy then just let it dangle between his thumb and index finger. ''You weren't the one who gave this to me, were you?''
Envy
Envy
PENDING

-Case File-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:02 am

He nods at Envy's statement, damned blasted heat seems to be getting hot especially so for Nikolaus and his black uniformed crony. But it wasn't as fatiguing as it were for everyone else. He sweat out a good number, but his steadier breathing, and leaving his sweat in place rather than wiping it, meant he had cooled down but stank, as opposed to his compatriots who were wiping it off in an attempt to stay cool, yet contradict themselves as it left dryness in place.

When Envy brandished a blade, the General tilts his head slightly, wondering why he has revealed it. Observing it, as he were told of it as a potential sign towards him having given it. Raising an eyebrow at the blade's appearance, gauging it and measuring it with his vision, finding it vague in recognition, if not outright alien to him. Perhaps he seen it somewhere? Perhaps not, he doesn't recall of it.

"I'd remember if I did give it to you," Nikolaus says, "Now why would you bring this up now? And why would you suspect it a parting gift of mine?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down