Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

All This for a Pack of Cigarettes?

Go down

All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? Empty All This for a Pack of Cigarettes?

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:00 pm

JD walked calmly onto the Central streets and stood under a tree, waiting for Greed. She had challenged him for a fight earlier, in what he suppose she thought was a sneaky and secretive way. If he won, she would buy him cigarettes. Of course, that, coupled with his boredom, was enough to make him accept her offer. Of course, if he lost, he would have to apologize to her. For what, he wasn't sure. He supposed he was an asshole to her, but he thought she'd gotten used to it by now! Honestly, he was surprised things like this didn't happen more often with the way the two of them bickered. It did happen from time to time, and the two of them were sort of even as far as fighting skills went, but Envy didn't have much of a...technique. He just threw around punches and hoped he'd eventually get passed her shield. Occasionally, he could trick her with his transformation powers, but he usually used that in fights to cause people to freeze up by appearing as someone close to them. Greed didn't get close to people, which was a problem. Although, he could always fool her in some other way. He sighed and laid his head back on the tree trunk, hoping she'd just get here already and ease his boredom.

Back to top Go down

All This for a Pack of Cigarettes? Empty Re: All This for a Pack of Cigarettes?

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Greed smirked from where she sstood in the tree. She wasn't one for sneak attacks, but Hell he was just begging for it this time. With her agility from training,. she flipped down, hardening her fist and aiming for where Envy's stomach was at the moment. She grinned "You think you'd learn not to let your guard down, sweety." She usually used terms to annoy the boy further. For some reason he hated when people were affectionate towards him. She wondered what it would be like if a girl tried to kiss him. He'd probably change shape. For once Greed didn't smell of liquor, but she stunk of smoke. Throwing aside her leather jacket, her white camasol served as a target. She may like to win, but she wasn't going to win unfairly. It floated for a minute then landed as a pile almost next to her at the same instant that hr fist would make impact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:21 pm

JD smirked and side-stepped out of the way. "And you'd think you'd learn to approach quieter," He growled. She was right about one thing, he couldn't stand affectionate terms like 'sweety.' It made his skin crawl. The whole idea of affection itself made him uncomfortable. Never taking his eyes off Greed, he chuckled. "I've got to hand it to you, though, you damn sure know how to make an entrance." He was a bit impressed by the whole jacket thing. He wondered if she'd practiced it. The thought of Greed sitting in her room punching the wall and trying to get her jacket to land at just the right instant made him crack a grin. She probably had had nothing better to do while she'd been 'grounded.' He had gotten her grounded in the first place, hadn't he? Maybe that's what he was supposed to apologize for. His eyes still on Greed, he stood ready, anticipating her next attack. He was better at defense, really, so he let her make all the moves. It seemed to make her happy, probably because she thought he didn't have the guts to attack her, therefore making her better than him. Everything seemed to make her better than him and, let's face it, everyone else in her mind. Must come with being Greed, he thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Greed stood there a minute and laughed. She figured she'd miss, but hell it was worth a try! Pulling her fist out of the ditch she had just created, she surveyed the distance and rubbed her wrist. She could only harden her fist or foot for now, so the impact did sort of affect her wrist. Grinning her usual devilish grin, her eyes glinted from behind her shades "I know right?" She stretched her arms and looked nonchalant as she pulled herself into a horse stance and grinned "Let's get started shall we? First down for 5 is the loser." She smirked. This was how fights usually ended up with Envy. They were always competitions. Within a second, she darted towards him and swung a right upper towards his chin, using her other hand to block her self from incoming attacks. When she first fought Envy, she had left herself open far-too often and ended upo feeling a cracked rib. As if that wasn't bad enough, her swings were too wide and left her open yet again for another hit, but this time she was doing defense and offense... if only for her torso.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:43 pm

JD grabbed her fist as it swung towards him and went to twist her arm around. Greed was pretty damn good at offense, but he was pretty good at defense, too. The thing about a fight between the two of them was that they were both so damn competitive and so eager to win that the fight ended up as some elaborate competition in which both of them would give it everything it took. Although he couldn't speak for Greed, Envy would rather die than lose a fight with anyone, and it went double for Greed. It wasn't that he honestly hated Greed (he didn't) it was just that Greed liked to brag. A lot. He gloated a bit himself, obviously, but Greed went crazy. He supposed, again, that it was a part of being Greed, but he wasn't about to just sit back and let it happen. With this in mind, he went to throw a punch into her ribs while still keeping a firm grip on her fist. A few times, he'd managed to break a few of her ribs this way, so he knew she'd probably be expecting it, but he was just warming up. He defiantly had better moves. It had been a little while since the last time they'd fought, after all, and he'd had a lot of time to think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:31 am

Greed grunted slightly as the boy suceeded in twisting her arm around. She grimaced, because well, it kinda stung! However he then went to swing his fist at her ribs, she was ready for that and blocked with her free arm, then in the same instant, used her feet to kick at his ankle, aiming to knock him dfown or at least surprise him so he'd let go of her good arm. Greed had to admit that Envy had a good defense, here she was missing her good arm and lacking in offense, so basically if she couldn't get her arm free, she was screwed! However she'd never give up, sometimes she was worse than Pride in these matters, but it was simply her greed. Her yearning to win. She had to have it all, and thjat fueled her punches. She held the punch with her frees hand and they looked like a complicated game of twister without the mat. She chuckled "Oh so you're dancing with me now?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Envy grunted as her foot struck his ankle. He stumbled and released her arm, but didn't fall. He chuckled. "Did you want to dance with me?" He asked, changing shape as he spoke. When he finished his transformation, it appeared to be Lust rather than JD standing in front of Greed. "Or perhaps you'd like to dance with me now," He purred in Lust's flirty tone. It was obvious, at least to him, that Greed had feelings for Lust, even though she barely knew him. Lust obviously liked Greed, at least as much as Lust could have feelings for someone, to have told Envy to leave her alone. He knew that this wouldn't stop her for long, but it was worth a try. After all, he did have the right to use his powers to his advantage, even if it wasn't effective for long. He faked a punch towards Greed's ribs, but swerved at the last moment, aiming at her head instead. He wasn't quite sure if Greed would fall for it, and even if she did, it wouldn't slow her down with that crazy greediness and needing to win. But he was also competitive and determined to win, because he wanted those cigarettes, damn it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Greed laughed at his response at first, and spun around to hit him, bt hesitated, now seeing Lust. She was more surprised than anything and the reason she didn't hit him at first was because, well she didn't have a need to fight Lust. She blinked, but then remembered as Envy swung at her who he actually was. Going to block the fake-out towards her ribs, she grunted in surprise as he made contact with her chin. Luckily however she had managed to harden the skin, but it was still a hard enough punch to make her stagger back slightly. She chuckled and took her hands, turning her head and cracking her neck, then ran a hand over her chin as small little lightning-like fibers sprinkled momentarily. "Damn you're gtettin' smart, En." She ginned, seeming surprisingly not one bit pissed. She lunged at him, her hand now hard and claw-like "But you're too damn slow!" She swung with her left fist towards his groin, then with her clawed hand, she aimed an upper cut, eye for an eye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 11:38 pm

The first punch got JD, who was still appearing as Lust, in the cheek, and he staggered backwards slightly, but, not wanting to show the slightest sign of weakness, shook it off and grinned. Transforming back into his normal form, he said in a mocking tone, "I'll bet I'm faster than you, Greed!" He laughed and dodged the attack she threw at her with her clawed hand, but grunted as her left fist found its mark. "That was such a cheap shot," He muttered, obviously in pain. Swallowing, he shook it off the best he could and scowled. Now he was just pissed off! Glaring daggers at Greed, he threw a kick towards her knees, hoping to knock her to the ground. He wasn't sure how well this would turn out; Greed was hard to fight with her Ultimate Shield and all, but catch her off guard and it made it a bit easier. He was pretty good at catching her off guard, too. As much as they annoyed each other, they knew how each other's minds worked, which made it almost impossible for one of them to win in a fight against each other. Get them on the same side, though, and they were unstoppable. Of course, they rarely ever agreed to actually fight side by side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 8:21 am

Greed was a little more calm then Envy at the moment and managed to jump back just far enough away that she was out of reach of his kick. She snickered, "Hey you play cheap I play cheap, it's all good, hun." She sneered and aimed a kick at his other leg, diving sort of as he was off-balance. She knew that was just plain UNfair, but he had deserved it in her mind. She was completely focused on the battle now, determined to win and her face lost all expression, she wasn't going to let Envy read her movements now and she wasn't going to stop until he was on the ground. After she dived at his knees, she stood up and backed up, glring at him, wondering how the hell he knew about Lust. It all had happened when she was grounded and well.. normally noone visited her when she was locked up in her room, then she gasped, pissed, "YOU BETTER NOT BE READING MY GODDAMN DIA-JOURNAL!" She refused to call it a diary.. it sounded far too girly. It was her 'personal journal'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Envy quickly hopped backwards to avoid her kick, almost losing his balance. But, due to his complete determination to win, he refused to let himself fall. So, I'm aloud to play dirty? Though, she will defiantly bitch at me later, I'll hold her to that. He grinned and morphed back into Lust. "Come on, Baby," He purred in Lust's voice, "You wouldn't really hit me, would you?" He had obviously hit a nerve with this before, so he'd use it to his advantage. He wondered what diary she was talking about. Oh, he would defiantly have to look for that later. It would be awesome blackmail. He was sure that every other page would say how annoying he was and how sexy Lust was. He grinned at the thought. Let her think you've already read it, he told himself, Just to piss her off. And it would piss her off, he knew. And so, at the diary comment, he simply grinned and shrugged. "You didn't hide it very well, Darling," He said, still in Lust's form and using his voice, "Maybe I could help you with that later. What do you say? Just the two of us?" He almost laughed out loud, wondering how many times the real Lust had used that to get into bed with someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 8:18 am

Greed frowned and shook her head with a smirk before boldly walking up and stopping hard on his foot. "You know you're an awful liar." She smirked and leaned up, kissing him on the lips. She chuckled and stepped back. She knew it wasn't Lust and to be frank she was glad about it, more than anything, she just wnted to get Envy back for this frustrating conundrum. "HAD you read my journal, you'd have known Lust left me already." she shook her head, pain in her eyes, but a smile on her face. She wouldn't show weakness. She rubbed the back of her head, then pulled something out of her pocket and tossed it at him; a pack of cigarettes. "I'm leavin' En. You probably won't see me again, so be thankful." She grinned "And if you DO see me again, it'll probably be on fFather's orders to kill me." She shrugged and pulled out a smoke. "I know you hate me more than anyone's hated anything and frankly I can't blame ya." she smirked as if she was touying with him, but she was utterly serious. "But I decided to say bye before I left."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 5:32 pm

When she kissed him, JD wrinkled his forehead and stepped back. He almost felt guilty about bringing up Lust. Almost. Of course, he probably wouldn't have said anything, had he known. He caught the cigarettes as they came at them and put them in his pocket, never taking his eyes off Greed. It was unlike her to leave in the middle of a fight, and part of him didn't trust that she was done. But another part of him knew that something was...off about her tone. "Greed," He said, grabbing her arm, "Wait. You can't leave, Father will kill you. It's not smart. What happened to you wanting everything? The men? The immortality? The cigarettes? You can't enjoy any of that if you're dead, and trust me, Father won't let you live long if he knows you've run off. As soon as he finds out you've left, he'll send someone after you. It'd be in your best interest to stay, wouldn't it? You can leave when you're strong enough to fight the old bastard off. If you go now, you'll be dead in a week." He tried to sound nonchalant, as if he didn't care, but he did, a little. He paused and wrinkled his forehead. "Look, you're not exactly my favorite person in this world and I know damn well you feel the same about me, but I don't want to see you dead, Greed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Greed sighed and frowned "That's the thing En.." She slumped onto the ledge of a sidewalk, staring at the ground. She was definitely off, that was true. Her eyes stared hard, then rose up to the moon. "I ain't gainin anything stayin here. Only thing I'm gainin is frustration and if anything I'm losing things." She sighed and rubbed the back of her head, "'Specially time. Father's gonna kill me anyways, whether it's now or later's my choice. My last screw up pushed him over the edge." She shook her head and laughed "'Sides noone'd miss me if I was gone.. you'd all get a new Greed soon and I'd be forgotten anyways." Nonchalantly, she shrugged her shoulders. She wasn't sure exactly who she was trying to convince and what she was trying to convince him, she just knew staying here was causing her pain at the moment. Humiliation probably.. She felt like a failure, nothing hurt Greed more than when she didn't get what she wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 3:33 pm

"Look, Greed," JD said, wrinkling his forehead, "I've gotta say, you really get under my skin. It's no secret. The thing is, though, if we get a new Greed, and like you said, we probably will, there's no guarantee that they won't annoy me even more. And you know what they say, the devil you know's better than the one you don't. So maybe you won't really gain anything, but who knows? You might. You have no chance of that if you're dead, not the slightest. But if you stay, Father'll at least let you off for a little while for your loyalty. Y'know, most of the time when Greed is born, they always go against him, but you've been on his side for a while, haven't you? He'll never admit it, but as long as you're loyal, he really has no choice. I mean, there's no telling if the next Greed will be loyal or run off and betray him, so for now, he's stuck with you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Greed chuckled, "Stuck? Is that what you all are callin it?" She sighed and took a long inhale of the cigarette. "I suppose you're right, but I've gotta check on my place." She sighed and pulled out her flask, opening it and groaning "Goddamnit.. out of beer again." She sighed and clenched her eyes closed. "I swear I can already feel the withdrawal symptoms." She placed her head between her hands and rested her elbows on her knees. "Honestly Envy, I don't know what to do. Have you ever felt ripped in half?" She paused. "Actually you probably have." No offense was meant. "I feel like I've died three times simply from not getting what I want... I canm't take this pain." She stared hard at the ground. "I need more power, more money, more fame... more smokes." She flicked her done cigarette and spoke the last one as she opened her, now-empty pack. "Fuck... I'm outta booze and smokes. Sonuvabitch."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Envy shrugged and tossed her a cigarette. "You can't have it all, Greed, that's the thing. I suppose it's easy to let your sin get the best of you though, eh? I can't tell you how many times I've killed someone just to get something they had and then, once I have it, I don't even want it anymore. It's ridiculous. I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes," He took out a cigarette and lit it, taking a long drag and blowing out smoke when he spoke again, "You just have to ignore that feeling, if it's even possible. I know you're naturally greedy, just like I'm naturally envious, but maybe if you stopped thinking of everything you want that you don't have, you won't feel so bad anymore." He took another drag of his cigarette. This was the closest thing to an actual conversation he had had with Greed without the two of them wanting to kill eachother. He realized why they fought so much, now. They weren't honestly that different. They were both always chasing after things they could never have, and they both felt depressed when they couldn't get it. And, for some reason, that made it impossible for them to get along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Greed caught the cigarette and lit it, placing it gently between her lips as she inhaled, closing her eyes. "Easier said, than done." She sighed exasperratedly. "This is the longest we've not tried to kill each other. Tell ya what, I'll talki to the old man and see what he wants me to do, maybe if I get on his good side I can go home for a little bit. I just need a break. Fucking Lust screwed with my head." Her voice slurred a little from word to word as she folded her hands beneath her chin. "Can't believe I fell for that again." She sighed and bit her thumb as she thought silently a moment. "I guess you MIGHT be right, I'll give a try to ignoring my sense of avarice, even if a little. Who knows where it'll get me." Standing up, she held out her hand "Good fight by the way, En. You ALMOST broke my arm again."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 4:25 pm

JD laughed. "So it is, Greed," He muttered under his breath, "Although we did open with trying to kill eachother. Old habits die hard, I suppose." He smiled. "Sounds good, you'll have to try hard to get on that old bastard's good side, though." He chuckled. "That means, and you'll have to try hard with this, not calling him any names. Like, at all. The whole time you're asking him. And not blabbing on about him not owning you. God, you're doomed." He couldn't even imagine Greed being nice to Father, not even for a second. He took a long, thoughtful drag of his cigarette, wondering just what Lust had done to upset Greed like this. From what he could gather, they'd dated briefly and Lust had broken it off, but there had to be more than that. He glanced down at Greed's hand and grinned, shaking it rather roughly. "Yeah, yeah. And you almost made it impossible for me to piss."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Greed grinned, ear to ear. It was unique for the two of them, but he had a point. She needed to really suck up, "I suppose calling him old bastard would classify as name-calling, huh?" She chuckled and finished off her cigarette and grinned. "Oh please you would have healed.. in a day or two.. maybe you'd learn not to fuck with me." She grinned, "And besides you had a choice, it's not my fault you chose the worse of the two." She licked her fingers and sighed, "Well I'm off to see the old man." She sighed in an annoyed tone. "Wish me luck, I'm gona need it." Which was true her attitude would probaby piss him off with ease. She'd have to swallow her own Pride which could be worse than Jack's sometimes.

[topic exit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down