Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
Quinn, Rosaleen EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
Quinn, Rosaleen EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
Quinn, Rosaleen EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
Quinn, Rosaleen EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
Quinn, Rosaleen EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
Quinn, Rosaleen EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
Quinn, Rosaleen EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
Quinn, Rosaleen EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
Quinn, Rosaleen EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
Quinn, Rosaleen EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

Quinn, Rosaleen

3 posters

Go down

Quinn, Rosaleen Empty Quinn, Rosaleen

Post by Rosaleen Quinn Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:44 pm

CASE FILE: Alkahestrist / Creig Militant
Quinn, Rosaleen 2nixn42 Quinn, Rosaleen 2nixn42 Quinn, Rosaleen 2nixn42
"Don't tell me what I can and cannot do. Trust me, I will prove you wrong."

FULL NAME:
        → Rosaleen Quinn

SEX:
        → Female

BIRTH PLACE:
        → Athenry, Carraig

RACE:
        → Carraig

DATE OF BIRTH:
        → December 12th, 1976

...........................................................................

HEIGHT:
        → 172.72 cm

WEIGHT:
        → 65.770894 kg

PICTURE:
        →
Spoiler:

DESCRIPTION:
        → "Oi! I told you not to start fights in here! Take it outside!" Calls the strong, commanding voice of a red haired woman behind the bar. It's clear by the way she spoke that she has had experience leading men, her head turned to where the two men were beginning to scuffle. Her eyes are a striking dark green, but it isn't clear if she can actually see you or not. For you notice that her eyes don't really focus on the men even though she's looking in their general direction. It doesn't really draw away from allure in the least beat though, her presence is enough to hold ones attention.

She is clearly taller than most women, probably at a good 5'8". For her age, she is still in excellent shape. It furthers the assumption that she's been in the military or some such career. One of the men stumbles, yelling about some insult the other has said. The woman slams her hands down on the counter, a quiet settling around the room as all look at the three of them. "I won't repeat myself James. Outside. NOW." She says a low, dangerous tone, daggers and promises practically licking underneath that voluptuous figure. The men fall quiet and go outside without another word, life returning to normal within the quaint pub.

Her clothes almost seem like a stereotypical barmaid from the renaissance era, yet it's clearly been modified for modern convenience. Rather than a corset, there was a vest of sorts in it's place, though it still came up underneath her breasts, effectively pushing them up like a corset might. It was hardly as oppressive or restraining though, the dark brown complimenting the dim red of the dress. A necklace hung around her neck, the green stone glittering at her collar bone with the promise that it held a story for itself. It complimented her eyes, and the accents of green in her clothes, rather nicely. The sleeves of her dress fit close to her arm, coming up at a three quarter sleeve, the cuff at the end of it an emerald green lined with a slight white lace border around the edges. The neckline also is lined with the white lace, helping to cover some of the cleavage thats peeking through her dress. She couldn't help her proportions, that was simply what she was born with.

As you come up to the bar to sit down, you realize that there a couple of scars that are visible on her chest and neck. There is also a very faint scar on her cheek running back towards her ear, the length of it about an inch or so. Her long red hair falls around her shoulders, though it is visibly flowing down to about the middle of her back. The aura that comes from the woman is one of warmth and light, akin to that of a pleasant fire on a chilly night amongst friends. Yet there is a knowledge in her face that says she has seen much, and experienced much. Not all of it good, but not all of it bad. Turning to you, she smiles, her eyes seeming to rest upon you. "Ah, good evening. Welcome to the Bards Dream, what can I get you?" You order a drink, and then a night of merriment, laughs, and friendship begins.

PERSONALITY:
        → Have you ever been told that you'd make a good mother? I was told that often by my friends, my family, even co-workers as I grew up. For one of the biggest things that I do is take care of people. I like to see everyone having a good time, smiling, content with themselves and where they are at in their lives. Even if someone is puking on my floor from drinking too much like an idiot, I'll clean it up later and get them comfortable while they sleep it off. It's probably why I re-opened the bar. But if you are in a position where you won't even help yourself despite options given, then there is nothing I can do for you. You have to be willing to take steps in order to reach your goal. If you aren't? Then you are a stone unwilling to be moved.

It is said that Creig's hold grudges, and their fury is one to be reconned with. Well.... this is true. When I was younger, I held terrible grudges for longer than I'd care to admit on a couple of occassions. With age though, there does come wisdom. Much as it may not seem like it. I rarely hold grudges for long nowadays unless it has really hit my core, so something completely unforgiveable. I've still got a temper, but that's been trained to be controlled. I'm also rather blunt since I've never seen the point of not saying exactly what you mean. Unless in the situation it's kinder not to. In other words, I'm blunt, but I realize when it's better not to be.

Aye, training. Military training to be exact. So I know how to be controlled, commanding, ruthless if need be, and contained. I remain organized, strict (at times), and well.... you get the idea. I know how to speak to those above me, and those in my command, and I maintain what I learned from those years. Only reason I was discharged.... well... I'll get to that later. Point is, I've learned how to contain things if I need to. Not really the best idea to blow up too often, you lose people that way. And it's bad for business. So I find other ways of releasing that tension in less.... destructive ways.

Love life? Hm. Love is complicated alright? I've met amazing people, and I've met complete asses. I've made fantastic decisions, and I've made shitty ones. I like to think that there's someone out there for me, but I also realize that that is a silly fantasy not likely to happen. So I let the possibility of it find me, and I see what it wants, what it has to offer, etc. If I like what is going on, maybe it will last. Granted, it hasn't yet. At the moment, I've.... taken a leave from such things due to certain circumstances. I'm just letting life flow. If a relationship flows my way, then.... well.... we'll just see. I gotta get back to work now, I think things are getting restless.

LOVE:
        → Peace
        → The ocean
        → Accents
        → A good time whether thats hanging with friends, or what have you.
       → Helping people, especially those she cares for.
       → Sailing
       → Listening to peoples stories
       → Roses and lilies
       → Tolerance
       → Falcons
       → Singing
       → Bartending
       → Her home, her people, her country.
       → Gavin

HATE:
        → People who are dumb as a stone
        → Creepers at the bar
        → Being called old
        → Religious pricks
        → Nagging. Either having to give or receiving
        → People who bad mouth things that they clearly know nothing about
        → Lecherous bastards
       → Abusive parents whether it's physical, verbally, or emotional.
       → Betrayal
       → Passive-aggressive BS
       → Pity for whats happened to me and/or my disability
       → Being stared at.
       → Being vulnerable.
       → The incessant paparazzi
       → Anyone who makes Gavin's life harder.

DEEPEST SECRET:
        → I really.... really don't like it when I can't "see" anything. I become very.... uncomfortable. Whether it's being unable to use my alkahestry to figure things out via sonar, or if my senses can't pick up on anything. I... I don't want to call it a fear, but it's close to it.

HISTORY:
        → What can be called a "full life?" Is it all of the experiences bound into one? Or is it the journey that makes you the wiser? As I grow into my older years I keep wondering about it, or maybe it's when I've had enough to drink. I can never really decide.

I never knew me parents for I was raised in an orphanage. I was a good child if but a little rebellious here and there. But what child isn't? I used to dream that I'd find them, but that faded once I was moved into a foster home. No, no I wasn't moved around like some other kids I'd heard about. They were nice people, and I liked them. I knew they weren't me real parents, but what does it matter really? Family is family whether it be by blood or no. Me pa owned a bar, and me mum was in a band. Apparently they met when she was performing, and so they hit it off. Didn't have no other kids to compete with neither. Mum couldn't conceive herself ya see. So they adopted, and there I was.

I was a pretty normal kid, a real fireball actually. Me pa got a temper sometimes, and I guess I picked that up by observing him. Heh... got me in trouble in school sometimes. Ooo.... I was downright unforgiving back then. My parents whipped me into line though so I never got too out of hand. Least not with them. During high school was the worst though since all of those hormones were flying all over the place. I just made sure if anything did happen, it was away from school. Didn't want to worry me parents ya see. Besides, I had begun to sing with me mom and her band on occasion after school and that was a blast.

My ma got sick when I was in my senior year, and she passed right after I graduated. My pa and I stayed strong though. The Quinn's don't just roll over when we lose someone, we keep going. We just might get more prickly is all. So he kept the bar open, and I worked with him for a year and a half to stick close to home. That was probably where I realized that I loved bartending. That I loved listening to people tell their stories, where they came from, what they'd done, all that jazz. Heh... picked up that phrase from someone who was visiting once.

It was also where I realized that I wanted to serve my country. My pa didn't disagree once. He was all for it. I could tell it bothered him a little, that he was afraid to lose me or that I'd change. I told him I wouldn't. And I didn't. I joined the military when I was 19, and I served for 10 years. Whenever I could go on leave, I went back home to my pa and I'd help him with the bar. Hahaha... that man never seemed to change. He was always a hardass with the biggest heart I'd ever seen, and he knew the power of laughter.

As I said, I served for 10 years. I was 29 when I was in a fire fight with a rogue group of alchemists and I lost my eyesight. I have no idea what that kid actually did. What I do know is that I was looking down the scope of my rifle when I saw him smirk, then there was pain, then just.... darkness. The bullets around me were louder, the screams ringing in my ears, the ground shaking beneath where I lay. I was a sniper, and I couldn't see. We took out most of that rogue group, but I was medically discharged. Least it was honorably.

When I came home.... my pa... he, he didn't change. He still treated me as the daughter he was so proud of. His soldier. Some of the guys at the bar though... I began to notice the pity in their voices, and I hated it. I learned to live with the disability as best as I could, but it was a difficult adjustment. I remember I used to wake up in the mornings a month or so after it happened and wonder why I couldn't see. Then I'd remember, and I'd punch the wall. Heh, pa would get mad at that. Said the wall didn't deserve it and if I dented it, I had to fix it.

About a month after I'd come back, a man came into the bar and I was singing since it was one of the few things I could still do. We ended up talking, and it turned out he was from Xing. He began to tell me about alkahestry, how it used to be a primary form of medical treatment. He couldn't help me with my eyes, but he could teach me how to make life easier to live with again. He stayed for 3 years, giving me lessons every day until I finally mastered the "ping" technique that I now use. Turns out he had moved to our country so personal reasons. I'll admit, there was a thing between us briefly, but it didn't quite work out.

Now I've taken over the bar for me pa so he could retire since I can now function outside of singing. I still "see" that man who helped me regain my life on occasion, but he's doing his own thing now. So am I. And you know what? I think up till now I have lived a full life. I hope it grows even more as I get older.

Well, its been a while since I've updated this old thing hm? Lets get started then. It's been a flurry of motion ever since Gavin returned me to active duty. First I owned a bar in Creta for a while after that war with Amestris that they had YEARS ago. I listened, met some interesting people, and reported back to my country what I found out. That lasted for several months, or was it a year…? Either way, I eventually came home and applied to join Faolchú which I did get accepted back into. I met some compelling folks such as Seamus, Roarke, Artemis, and more. It was, and is, an honor to work beside them. At this point though… I had already begun to find myself attracted to my king. My King. I-It's unheard of! As if fraternization weren't bad enough, I just HAD to go for the man at the top. I received much flak from people, but none really from those that mattered. My father was supportive, and no one in Faolchú told me to stop. And… Gavin seemed to feel the same.

It was after we had sparred and had spoken together after I was done with my rounds that we sat down and spoke as we had so often now. We… kissed. We began to date at that moment. I felt like such a school-girl again for being as giddy as I was, but I just couldn't believe it. Heh, we do make a bit of a pair though, don't we? We continue to prove, however, that disabilities will never stop you if you truly try to succeed. We have had to be a bit careful though, since the reporters never stop wanting to catch the next "scandal" and break in tradition for us. I… do not care. They can degrade me all they want, but Gavin? I swear, if any of them dare to try and tear him down in front of me they will find my spear in their throat so fast no one will know whats happening until the next one is pointed at them. I do not appreciate it when they harass my boyfriend--Oo thats weird to write. That is STILL weird to write!

Though I must say, its been a bit terrifying ever since we have begun dating since… well… I have to accompany him on social outings. The coronation of Queen Rachel for example, I wasn't a guard there. I was… a woman. I have NEVER been so scared in my life as in front of all those people, all those dignitaries. We were fine! It went off with a smash and my nerves began to ease towards the end of it all but it is still something I remain unaccustomed to. Least my parents taught me proper manners hm? Heh, though now… There is the festival in Amestris with our showcase of technologies and the like. I am… worried. A little. But I know I will try to ensure that Gavin has fun for he has been swamped with work and stress and it isn't good for him. Maybe… Maybe it won't be too bad after all.

TRIVIA:
        → She's blind.
        → Her name means Rose in Creig.
       → She was a sniper, and a damned good one too. She's proficient at any and every military grade gun though.
       → Now that she has ways of being able to see, she wonders if she's going to get called back to the military.
        → She remains in excellent shape, and does continue to work out.
        → Her hits, whether it's her fists or her kicks, are rather deadly.
        → She's really good at giving massages.
        → Spears, swords, and closer range weapons are her strongest at the moment.
        → Despite her renewal in military matters, she still continues to sing on occasion at her fathers bar/tavern.
      → Fluent in Creig, Cretan, Esparian, Xingese and Amestrian. She does have an Creig accent when she speaks as much as she tries to hide it.

ALIAS:
        → Vi, Vivi

OTHER CHARACTERS:
        → Alisa, Jeu-Hee, Zabulon, Rebecca, Lisbeth, Sabina, Selina, Wei Zhao, Izanami, Feona

CREATOR'S COMMENTS:
        → I have to give credit to Dai and Nika for helping me out with her alkahestry.

FACE CLAIM:
        →1st five pics =
Code:
[b]Unknown[/b]/[i]Originals[/i]
Code:
[b]League of Legends/Edmundo Sanchez, Troy "Troyzilla" Adam, Jay Davies[/b]/[i]Miss Fortune[/i]

CUSTOM RANK:
        → Blind Bard

OFFICIAL TITLE:
        → Rose of Carraig

Last edited by Rosaleen Quinn on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rosaleen Quinn
Rosaleen Quinn
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 2
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Quinn, Rosaleen Empty Re: Quinn, Rosaleen

Post by Reila Tsukino Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:08 pm

APPROVED

Nice~
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaleen Quinn Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Level 2!! Ready for Review! Working on Alkahestry next~
Rosaleen Quinn
Rosaleen Quinn
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 2
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Csilla Angelis Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:27 pm

{APPROVED}

Considering the position in Faolchú and the level up, you've been promoted to 1st Lieutenant.
Csilla Angelis
Csilla Angelis
LITE BRITE

-Case File-
Level:
Writer: Csi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down