Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Modern Day Alchemists
WHY AREN'T YOU SIGNED IN!$#%@? -sends Aurel after you-
Modern Day Alchemists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» This is the end I fear
MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 4:18 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Best wishes
MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 pm by Reila Tsukino

» Simon Eris
MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm by ChaosAlchemist

» Pumpkin Spice
MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:13 pm by Rhea Stevenson

» BARBERSHOP BRUNCH, BRO'S.
MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm by Wolfgang Murinyo

» Training Private Daw (Open to Amestrian Militants Only)
MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm by Dawsic

» AKI'S NEW FORUM
MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am by Silvac

» Baldursdóttir, Ymir [done]
MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm by Jay Furor

» Practice Makes PERFECTION
MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 am by Zayne O'Reilly

» Just a Checkup
MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:55 am by Crassus

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 74 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am
Join us on Facebook!

MISSION: Attack on Two Sides

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

MISSION: Attack on Two Sides - Page 4 Empty Re: MISSION: Attack on Two Sides

Post by Xan Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Xanthus Icarus was walking slowly down the hall of Briggs. Though to anyone looking at him his alchemical feats of the day had done nothing but make him laugh, in actuality the Ishvalan was jsut the slightest bit tired. Creating an ice pillar big enough to transport him and a passenger to the roof of Briggs, using the ice on the walls to surround a dome made of metal from inside of the Fort, turning the ice of an avalanche to water then back to ice in the shape of walls, and killing hundreds of men with ice shards had really taken a bit of a toll on the Alchemist.

'However, it did not take that much effort, because after all, I am the Infinity Alchemist; heir to the powers and techniques of Scar himself, and I am power incarnate!'

The Ishvallan stopped for a moment to consider what he was saying. Although he had not noticed it much before now, he was starting to become the slightest bit arrogant these days.

'Better watch that because as they say, pride comes before the fall.'

Icarus' musings were interrupted by the sound of a cell phone dropping to the floor of Briggs. He looked up and before his eyes stood an astonished looking Reila. "Stand down." He had heard her say. Xan chuckled darkly.

Reila Tsukino, the Icicle Alchemist, Ice Queen of Briggs, and freshly made a Major General to boot. Congratulations, though you'll excuse me if I don't rush to bow before you. After all, you were the very person who expelled me from the military, or at least the main branch of it. I no longer answer to anyone but the Fuhrer. Ironic right? How have you been? And on that note, where are the Ice Princess and Metal King? I'd have expected them both to be with you, just in case someone were to have infiltrated Briggs during the battle...just as I have done, now that I think about it. Now isn't that quite amusing?

Hmm...I find myself wondering: how long has it been since you and I had an actual conversation. I don't recall us actually 'talking' in South City. Only a few...unpleasantries that occurred. Ah, but that should be just water under the bridge, am I right?

The Ishvallan's tone was jovial, he was smiling, and his eyes reflected no emotions of bitterness, regret, sadness or anything. In fact, his eyes were filled with what appeared to be amusement.

What was he thinking about at this moment?

Even while he had been speaking, the Ishvallan had been moving at the same slow pace as before, as though he were still the second head of Briggs and he had just stepped in from outside, rather than a former rebel leader (now secret agent of the Fuhrer) who had just sneaked in to the Fortress in the aftermath of the chaos.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Level: 4
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:25 pm

Now how was this amusing?! Reila's expression of shock turned to that of annoyance. She bent down and picked up the cellphone, closing it, and stuffing it back into her pocket. The girl's long, strawberry blond hair brushed against the frozen ground as she stood up to her full height. With strength resonating from her golden eyes she looked directly at her ex second in command. "Fancy meeting you here." She said in a dull tone. Folding her arms behind her back, she strolled the rest of the distance between them. Reila's eyes flashed dangerously, threatening him to make one wrong move. She motioned with her head, "Dai's in there. And Yoshi started on the paperwork. I'm about to start clean up." She sighed, obviously stressed--not to mention her headache was only getting worse as the day wore on. "You asked for it, Xan." She kicked at a piece of ice in frustration. Why was he making it sound like what she had done was evil? It was the other way around, dammit! "Do you not understand what it feels like to suddenly see someone you trusted standing among the rebels opposing you?" She ran a hand through her hair, looking down to attempt to stay calm. "It hurts more than you know." She clenched her fist behind her back and dropped her arms to her sides. In a low, pained voice she murmured, "...it's never just water..."
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:06 am

Xanthus laughed; a sound that was completely without mirth. "Fancy meeting you here?" Was that all that Reila was capable of in the form of a greeting. The Ishvallan studied Reila's visage for a moment. Her eyes were daring him to make one wrong move, her body was tensed, as though stressed, and her mind was undoubtably processing many different emotions right now. It was enough to make Xan think for a moment. 'Man, she is NOT having a good day today.'

The Ishvallan vaguely listened as Reila informed him of Dai and Houka's whereabouts, then listened more intently when Reila began to speak about the events of South City. "It hurt Reila more than Xan knew huh?" How interesting.

It hurt you did it? I wonder about that. One hundred men and women appeared before the army of Amestris on that fateful day, led by the infamous Zaska, who now lies in something less than pieces on the ground of South City, almost utterly forgotten. Those troops were led by a man whose name had gone down in the history books as a traitor to his country, even though he technically committed no crime. Or am I mistaken? Xanthus Icarus was guilty of doing what? Protecting rebel troops at maximum I suppose, and only so that they could disband somewhere in the fields and continue living, instead of being slaughtered for no good reason. *sigh* Oh well, I may as well not even broach that subject right?

Judging by the sudden fury that had sparked in Xan's voice, if only for a second, this topic was far from finished. He was simply catching his breath and waiting for Reila to respond.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:48 am

He sounded angry... It made Reila twitch slightly with surprise. She had never seen him get this emotional over something. But it made her feel determined, more certain of herself than before. She put her hands on her hips and moved yet closer to him with her cocky smirk. "You didn't even make the news let alone the history books. And let me tell you something... you're exactly right, but do you think I had any idea what you were doing? All I could hear were the lies dropping from your lips and all I could see were the bodies of rebels pointing their guns at me from behind you. What was I supposed to think!? I lead these people; I have to protect them! There were so many better ways to go about it. If you just--if you just talked to me none of that would have happened!" Tears caressed the lids of her eyes, making them burn with the effort to disappear. If only, if only, the woodpecker sighs, The bark on the tree's as soft as the skies. The wolf waits below, hungry and lonely, And cries to the moon, if only, if only. She turned her eyes back to him full of resolve. "But there's nothing we can do about it now, except apologize." She lowered her head and shut her eyes. "I'm sorry."
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:30 am

Teimo let out a low, satisfied sigh as he soundly defeated his nemesis. The apple pie tray now layed empty on the kitchen counter and its few, sparse remnants rested around Teimo's lips. The pie had been demolished and his hunger was abated. Pie was good, that's what the book he looked at called it at least. A cookbook it was called. Amestrians were so weird. Whenever he returned home, if ever, he would have to remember to bring that awesome pastry back with him.

With another sigh, the young boy hopped off the counter. He couldn't linger here long. Any minute more of the Amestrian soldiers could show up and they probably would not take kindly to their pie being gone. The boy's eyes scanned the room he was in and eventually fixed on where the holes in the ceiling used to be. There was a sizable margin of space between the ceiling and the roof if he remembered correctly. It wouldn't hurt to check.

With a twirl for artistic flair, Teimo drew his blow gun and fired it at the point where the hole once was. It took two shots, but the boy punched through the metal and quickly jumped up into the space that was left. There was a space here, most likely for ventilation, and it stretched the length of the base. This would work. Teimo could crouch down on one knee and still fit in the space, once again being tiny was paying off.

The boy took off down the vent, slowly and silently. He was trained to make the utmost minimal amount of sound in situations such as this and he was particularly good at it. He heard voice up ahead, well not completely up ahead. It was more like up ahead and below him. Slowly and silently the boy crept into the space directly behind the higher pitched voice. It was a voice that sounded familiar, like he had heard it recently. Then a second voice, a male one. That was the old man. Now things were getting interesting.

The woman began speaking again. It was Amestrian, so Teimo could understand scant bits of it. It didn't matter what they were talking about though. He had a hunch as to who the voice belonged to and he was going to find out, preferably without giving her a chance to react. Teimo brought the blow dart to his mouth again. With his weight added on, it shouldn't take much to blow another hole in the metal. The word "apologize" was said and then.

Without any warning, the ceiling above the two collapsed and a boy came crashing down behind the woman. Teimo drew his sword mid-fall and before either of them could conceivably react given the depth of their conversation, the tip of Teimo's sword was placed a few measly millimeters from the woman's back. His hunch was right, this was the woman from the roof. The one the man monologued at.

"This woman is the one on the posters. All the guys made sure I understood who she was. She is kill on sight, without reservation."

How serious Xan could take the boy might be in question, considering that he had apple pie covering his face. That and normally, Teimo was very unimposing, but he was given a job. His job was to kill this woman, regardless of how little he actually wanted to. There was none of the usual joyfulness in the boy's tone and pointy swords were also to be taken very seriously.

"Old man, you saw her."

It was a question more than a statement. Teimo wanted to know why she was still alive if the old man had the same directive that he had. They were supposed to be on the same side and their side did not want the commander of this fort to be among the living.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Xanthus listened up to the point that Reila said the part about the "lies dropping from your lips and the bodies of the Rebels pointing their guns at me." Then, his desire to pay attention became overridden by his desire to hear nothing more of what Reila had to say.

You're sorry? You're sorry? You wanted to have me burned, crippled, and perhaps even killed without listening to a single word that I might have to say and you're sorry?! Honestly Reila, I just want to know what went through your mind when you learned that Xanthus Icarus and Leviathan were one and the same.

Before Xan could get his answer, Teimo crashed through the ceiling with a blade in his hands, and it was pointed directly at Reila. His reflexes being better than most humans', Xanthus had already created a blade (in the form of a blade-staff), and had assumed a combat position before Teimo had even begun to speak, thankful for the fact that he had just been using the wall next to his left hand to provide him some balance. Then, the Ishvallan recognized the boy, and relaxed a little bit, but didn't put the sword back into the wall.

Well, yes I did see her. As for the kill on sight part, this one is most definitely NOT one of those, even though she is the commander of this garrison. The commander of the Drachman forces and I had an agreement concerning this one, but of course you weren't informed about that, were you? Hmm...I see that you really did raid the kitchen. Did the pie that the Briggs' head chef made please you?
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:58 pm

Houka had done a substantial amount of the paperwork. About two thirds to be precise, but now she was bored and a lot of this had to be done by the ranking officer at Briggs which was Reila so she decided to go and re-join her. As she got nearer she stopped at the sound of voices, especially at that of two she recognished. Xan was talking to Reila. Reila could be in trouble. Houka drew her sword and moved round the corner so she could see them. She was prepared to attack, but decided not to right now and walked down.

"Well Xan, I suppose I should thank you for your help in defending Briggs, though I have no idea why you would do such a thing." she said quietly with a frown on her face. She walked closer. "You've made up for what you did in the past and I apologise for attacking you, but...I suspect you had an alterior motive for helping us." She was being cautious the kid who had disrupted her hail and wind earlier was targeting Reila and Xan had a weapon. Xan likely held a grudge for her attacks on him, but it was the right thing to do in the situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:45 pm

"No!" Reila cried angrily, glaring viciously as the Ishballan she had once trusted. She wanted to slam her fist into the wall again in frustration, but refrained; she honestly didn't think the bruised thing could take anymore. "I did not want to kill you. You didn't even try to talk to me...you--" There was a hole in the ceiling...a giant gaping hole. She was taken aback when a boy dropped down from it. Not only did he have the audacity to put a hole in her fortress, but he was now pointing a blade at her. She had no idea what he said, or what Xan was now saying in a foreign language, but it wasn't very inviting. Her hand gripped her tachi, her golden eyes trained on both of them in case any confrontation occurred. What the hell was going on here?! To add to her confusion, Houka walked up behind her from nowhere. The major general shed a glance...a brief glance in her direction. Had she...done any amount of paperwork that quickly? It was amazing! But Reila didn't have time to compliment her or thank her for that matter. She mentally confirmed that she would have to repay the redhead at a later time. Shooting her a nervous smile, Reila stepped up to the plate, facing the odd boy who had fallen from the sky. "Xan, will you translate?" She asked quietly, her eyes holding resonance. "I want to know the reason for a hole being in my ceiling and why you are pointing that at me..." She looking up as if trying to see where he had come from. "...Did you just come from the kitchen?" The apple pie wasn't a give-away or anything.
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:30 am

"And add from me that if he moves to hurt the Major General in anyway he'll have to learn to live without a head." she said sweetly. This was perhaps a bit over the top, but Houka would not let anyone harm Reila if she could stop them. She had already lost one friend, though temporarily, today due to her foolishness and she was not about to lose another. She was in a bit of a foul mood due to putting Mura in a coma and was itching to take it out on someone or go to sleep. She re-thought her statement there had been enough death today. "Or maybe without a hand....i'll see which is the easier shot." As if to to prove her point she drew her sword slightly, which make it quicker to draw and showed she was serious. "There are other ways I could stop him too, which would be a lot more painful. Warn him of that too." Whilst doing the paperwork Houka had been thinking up new ways to use her powers to make her more deadly. She would prove a much more able sparring partner against Mura when he woke up that she was certain of. She had some very powerful moves planned that she could already do without any new circles or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:59 am

Teimo's eyes narrowed further, if that was possible, when his odd clothed accomplice stated that she was not to be killed. Whose side was he on? What purpose did that monstrosity he created earlier serve? Was he not an associate of those angry people? The Drachman? Who did he owe more to? The man who led him to food and away from the bullets or the people that tied him up and made him go into the bullets for crackers? Teimo was severely confused, more than duty would usually cause him to be, but he didn't really have time for confusion, his target had begun to turn.

As the woman turned to face him, Teimo quickly raised the sharp of his blade to a few millimeters below her neck, primed to slice through the jugular. He had heard the woman behind him, but she wasn't going to do anything with her commander in such a compromising position. He didn't understand what she was saying and he had heard the word "Xan" before. That wasn't in the lexicons. Perhaps it was the odd clothed man's name. It must be an interesting sensation, being understood but not able to understand. Teimo could hear and understand Amestrian perfectly. Speaking it was slightly troublesome, but he did not need Xan to translate that for him. He figured a sword at her back was reason enough for there being a hole in her ceiling, he was obviously there to kill her.

The woman behind him spoke again with obvious irritation in not only her words, but in her tone. The feigned sweetness wasn't a good camoflauge, unless she really did derive a good deal of pleasure from relieving someone of their head. Then she had some serious issues. He heard a sword slowly unsheathe behind him, it was a sound he was quite familiar with.

"I might not even need to kill her. The lady behind me is so anxious for bloodshed, I could make a sudden movement and she might just kill her for me. Why do I always get into such annoying situations?

This was so troublesome. It was his duty to kill the pretty lady after all. No, he did indeed owe Xan a good deal more than he did the probably now dead angry people. His self-imposed sense of duty was getting in the way of common sense.

So you don't want her dead, old man?

The boy's facial expression immediately change and the extremely tense look quickly morphed into a wide grin. The sword was still a hair's breadth away from her throat and she could probably smell the appley tinge on his breath, but any intent to kill was visibly gone.

"Tank yuu for the pee

Teimo dropped down to his knee before resheathing the sword, to make it visible that any movement was not an attempt to injure her, just to make sure the woman behind him did not kill the woman by accident or, more importantly, Teimo. The boy walked around the woman and paused for a moment next to the bladed weapon the odd clothed man created out of the wall. The boy looked up from the sword and grinned, the same wide, face encompassing grin.

You weren't going to hit me with that were ya, old man?

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Xanthus Icarus was slightly amused by the turn of events that had taken place. First Teimo pops in from the ceiling, then Houka comes around a corner saying words that Xan could only smile at. She suspected him of having an ulterior motive? Was it that obvious? And interestingly enough, Xan thought that he heard words of apology come from Houka's mouth. Were Reila and Houka really apologizing for their attacks on him, both in the present day and (in Reila's case) in South City? That was slightly unexpected, and the Ishvallan would have liked more time to think on the issue, but unfortunately, everyone except for Teimo was asking him to translate things for them.

Shrugging, Xanthus told Reila that Teimo was a boy whom Xan had found outside and hired to help him get into the Fortress without much trouble. However, Teimo had taken his mission a step further, and (following the orders of a Rebel leader) sought to kill Reila. Figuring that Teimo could understand Amestrian, Xan neglected to tell him what Reila and Houka were saying. After a few seconds, Teimo said something about annoying situations, asked for a final time if Xan wanted Reila dead, sheathed his sword with a grin, and walked over to stand by Xan himself.

To answer your question, this blade-staff was not meant for you kid. My thought was that someone new could appear around the corner and try to strike one of us in the back. Apparently, that theory was half correct eh?

Xan smiled at Teimo for a moment, then turned his attention back to Reila and Houka. He had thought about what to do and say for a few seconds, and had decided that his life would probably be much easier if he just forgot all about what happened in South City. Well, mostly at any rate.

Reila and Houka, I must admit that when I walked into this Fort I was not expecting to be...greeted in such a manner by you two. I was expecting more wind, ice, and water thrown in my general direction, hence the Xingese assassin here. Oh well, it looks like I may have been a tad overly prepared for this meeting. While we're all here, why don't you introduce yourself to the Major General here kid? I'll translate if it's absolutely necessary.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Reila took her hand off her tachi and straightened herself, golden eyes boring into the Xingese boy with intrigue. So he could understand her for the most part; he just couldn't speak Amestrian...very well. Reila's fiery intent burned out slightly as she held out a hand to him. She mustered the brightest smile she could in a situation like this and replied with a silky voice, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Teimo." She bowed slightly and let go of his hand, long strands of hair falling around her. "About the Pie..." She was trying very hard not to let the humor leak into her voice, "I'm glad you enjoyed it... maybe you'd be willing to join us for dinner?" Though Reila sounded gracious, she knew Houka had her back. She also felt that Xan wouldn't try anything; he was taking a big enough chance by breaking in in the first place. Plus... there was something else there--something more. Why had Xan come? Certainly it hadn't been to argue over the South City incident. But what?

Xan began speaking again and her eyes focused on him in deep contemplation. Then she smirked, amusement tracing the deep hue of her eyes. "First, I try to avoid fighting indoors; repairs are a bitch. Second, why would we attack someone who assisted in defending this place? Clearly you have a reason for being here, and I would like to know what that is." She was looking at him directly, holding authority and a bit of excitement. "But first, I have to clean up my mess, so would the two of you mind going with Yo--Houka for a while? We can continue this at dinner, ne? Just...refrain from killing anyone, please."
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:30 pm

Teimo gladly took the hand and beamed a smile back up at the woman. He did indeed enjoy the pie. He enjoyed it a good deal. He would have to figure out how to recreate that ingenious concoction. Oh my he would have to figure it out. That was his mission! He was going to steal the secret knowledge of pie making. Oh these people wouldn't have the slightest clue it was coming. He would return home a hero, a full fledged culinary hero. It would be amazing. His nefarious plans would have to wait however. He had other more pressing matters.

As soon as the major general turned her attention away from him, he slung his way over to the other woman in the vicinity. This one was the angry and anxious one. She would be fun to goad for the time he was here. For a few moments, he just stared up at her, trying to get a read. A read on what, he wasn't exactly sure, but there was something about this woman that kind of put him off.

When the authoritative but not creepy feeling lady requested that they didn't kill anyone, Teimo did an about face and performed the best interpretation of an Amestrian military salute that he was capable of. What it actually was was an overdramatic lesson in arm flailing that managed to barely come close to his temple. He quickly turned and extended his salute to Houka, believing he was actually doing it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:03 am

Menoitos sighed. The Drakkar didn't seem to be responding to his presence, his voice, nothing. And that annoyed him. He at least wanted his betrayal to be noticed. And he was beginning to get even more annoyed by this guy. His eyes narrowed, and he held his swords in the air.

"Draco, commander of the rebel Drakkar Army! Hear my voice! You have lost, so your head is mine!" He shouted out in rage, and lunged forward at an unnatural speed. He swung his blades through the air, and cleanly cut through the man's throat. A pair of crossed red lines appeared along his neck, and the head slid off, blood squirting out of his main artery. His body slowly fell to the ground, and some of the blood squirted out and got his clothes. Menoitos groaned, but picked up the severed head by it's hair and quickly moved to where all the commotion was happening, not encountering any resistance.

As he made his way to the group of people standing around the infirmary, he sighed, and stepped in behind them, before throwing the severed head onto the ground in the middle of them. The moment they turned around, he smirked.

"The Drakkar are dead and gone. Name's Ares, and I just betrayed the people I worked for for the sake of your cause. Got any cute animals around here? Or maybe..." The homunculus' eyes fell on Reila. "Other cute things?" He then noticed the look in her eyes. No, she had eyes for another man, that he could see. Ah well, it was worth a shot...

He pulled a small bottle of stain remover out of his pocket, and began to attempt to clean off his white suit that he wore. The stain slowy faded away, until Menoito's suit was completely flawless. As usual. The homunculs suddenly recognised the red-eyed man and the little Xingese kid. He smiled brightly.

"I see that you're feeling a bit better. Not so hungry?" He grinned, and looked around at everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:14 am

Xanthus suppressed a laugh, albeit with a great effort. Reila was inviting him and Teimo to dinner? Now that was quite unexpected. The Ishvallan nodded, then he sighed. If today didn't bring back old memories and make him feel nostalgic, nothing would. Xan did not enjoy nostalgia very much.

We'd be glad to join you for dinner. I haven't forgotten the fact that Briggs' bear steaks are not a thing to be missed. And yes, you and Houka are indeed correct about me being here for a reason. In fact, I have at least three reasons, maybe more. However, those are things that are to be discussed at dinnertime, are they not?

Just then, Wrath appeared and threw a severed head in the middle of the group. 'Hmph, some people really just don't have any subtlety or tact, do they?'

Well Wrath, as usual you have to come in the most barbaric style possible huh? But what's this? You killed the annoying Drakkar! Very nicely done; I can admire the cleanness of the cut that severed his neck from his shoulders now that I stop to look at it. But enough of that. What are you doing here?

Then Xan switched to another language, so as not to arouse the suspicions of the others. Well, any more than he and Wrath might already have done at any rate.

Hello Ares. I thank you on behalf of my friends here for killing the Drakkar, and for helping Briggs in its hour of need. Tell me, is there anything besides cute animals that you might want as a reward?

The Ishvallan thanked his lucky stars that he hadn't deconstructed his blade-staff yet. With Wrath, one could never be to careful after all.
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:48 pm

"Yes, sounds good~" Reila chimed, smiling brightly at Xanthus. She usually ate alone or with Dai and Houka, but somehow having dinner with Xan and everyone else felt exciting to her. Still, the anticipation for Xan's reasons was going to bother her until then. Her attention was stripped from the white-haired man and stuck to one that adorned green hair...

Reila was seething. How on earth did this guy break through their security?! Something was wrong, something had to be wrong! Now there was a severed head laying on her floor!! Lovely. It leaked blood into the melted ice which then snaked down the drain. She felt nauseous and had to look away quickly, wrapping an arm around her stomach as if to keep it contained. When the man spoke, Reila blinked at him strangely. No shit the Drakkar were all dead; she and Houka had taken care of them personally, but... She glanced down at the head again and her stomach flipped from the sight of his blood. Wait...wasn't that the commander of the Drakkar forces? Ah, so he had lived and this guy had went to kill him? She sighed. So that's how it was. He wasn't an enemy, but she knew very well that her forces would have contacted her about letting him through. She touched her radio and cursed silently under her breath. It was off again...she really needed to stop hitting that switch on accident. Ugh! They probably had contacted her and then decided on their own to let him in without confrontation. Idiots!! She had to teach them better.

He was looking at her with telling eyes--that green-haired man who said his name was Ares. Wh-what!? Was he labeling her as one of those cute things? Things?! She hated perverts...he was clearly one. The long-haired girl clenched her fist in an attempt to contain her anger, secretly wishing that Xan would just kill him and get him out of her sight. She knew he wouldn't though especially after what she had just said. If only-- ...wait. Not that again. Reila noticed the pervert withdraw his attention from her abruptly and she almost heaved a sigh of relief. At least more blood wouldn't be split in her hallway.

Shit, he knew Xan!? Not only that, but Teimo too? He was speaking that language to them; it sounded like Xingese. She was beginning to feel left out...not to mention nervous. What could Xan have said? The pervert was grinning... But just then, she suddenly could understand what Xan was saying again! Reila looked straight at Xan as he thankfully spoke in Amestrian. Then she looked back at the greenhead with fiery eyes. There was just something about him that felt so strange... so oddly familiar. It was like the air around him was different...it felt nostalgic. She shuddered and gathered herself back together, stepping forward away from Teimo and Houka. "Ares, is it? What compelled you to waltz into my fort, throw a decapitated head at my feet, and declare that it's for the sake of our cause? Who are you really? What are you after?"
Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Houka sheathed her sword when Teimo dropped his blade away from Reila. She didn't trust this person, but it was better then nothing. She stifled a laugh as he thanked her for the pie. So this could speak the language...but not very well. How entertaining. She almost leapt back in surprise when Reila invited them to dinner. What was she up to?

"Everyone here seems to have got in uninvited." she said with a shrug. "Major General we really need to boost our security. I'm going to have to talk to them." She sighed deeply. "I suppose we should head down to the cafeteria and order some food...if any of it is dry that is." she said looking at them and turned back to Reila and then stared at the head. "Is...Ares invited as well?" she questioned. She was annoyed at his comment. Though in her opinion that was the act of a typical male....being a pervert.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Teimo immediately ceased the arm flailing and looked down at the severed head on the floor. A small scowl appeared on his face as he looked down at the lifeless mass that once used to be the focal point of a person. Teimo had gotten used to killing, it was part of his profession, but this was sort of sad. Sad, in a grotesque and gruesome sort of fashion, but sad all the same. The boy's head tilted slightly to the side as he looked at the head. It didn't look like a happy head, which was a shame. Whenever he died, he wanted to be happy. It would be miserable if your last moment wasn't one you were happy with. You'd have to spend the entire afterlife regretting your last moments. That would be a horrible damnation.

His language broke him out of his reverie and his eye's immediately snapped up to find something that brought an immense joy. The white clothed man had appeared! Teimo was initially afraid in the back of his mind that he had gotten hit by a stray bullet or a stray avalanche, but no! He was healthy! He was healthy and...dirty?

Without warning, and seemingly ignoring that the man just dropped a severed head on the floor, Teimo dashed behind the white clothed man and jumped. With a light thud, Teimo landed on the white clothed man's shoulder, much like he was riding on the odd clothed man's shoulders earlier. He quickly leaned forward and pointed at the spot where numerous blotches of grime had just been.

"Seeeee? I todd yuu, yuu git deer-tay!"

With an overwhelming sense of triumph, Teimo sat upright and placed his fists on his waist. He had been right after all, that was obviously cause for country-wide celebration. Riding that wave of triumph, he quickly pointed down a random hallway.

"Yosh! To the Coffeeteary room!"

He of course hadn't the slightest idea if the direction he was pointing led to the cafeteria, but that definitely wasn't going to stop him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:51 am

Menoitos sighed and laughed softly. Waltzing into her base? They were just at the end of a battle, and their forces had been regrouping. That, and he'd used the head of the foolish and arrogant Drakkar as a bargaining chip. A severed head, especially the one of the enemy commander, made for good use. He smirked, and went to lean casually against a wall, just as the kid jumped on to his back. Instead of rebuking him, Meno just laughed and nodded.

"Well, you were right! I did get it dirty!" He said, no appearing Wrath-like at all. He sighed, and let the kid down again, before turning back to Xanthus. This guy knew too much. Somehow, he knew that Menoitos was indeed Wrath. Only Father and the other homunculi knew that, but this guy reeked of human. He smirked. So, he knew Father, then? But what was their connection, huh? Was it simple, or was there more depth to it that first met the eye? He sighed, and shook his head.

"Nothing, really. I just came to help, is all. I saw that this side of the battle would be better for me than the other, so I shifted my loyalties. And I did it for free, you should be grateful for that..." Menoitos flashed white teeth, and brushed some hair away from his eyepatch that covered his Ultimate Eye. The next words he spoke were for Xan, and only Xan.

"You're hiding something, human."

Back to top Go down

Post by Xan Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:26 am

Xanthus kept his eyes on Menoitos while everyone else reacted to his presence in different ways. Although no one else knew of his identity, Xan knew, and he also knew about the powers of the Homunculus. If his eyes were to wander for even a second while Wrath had him practically in arms reach...

The Ishvallan's attention became less focused on Wrath when Teimo jumped onto his back. Or rather, his attention became more focused on his blade-staff, and formulating a way to get him off of the homunculus, until he saw 'Ares' laugh. That surprised him, and it showed on his face for about the merest fraction of a second. Then he regained control and his expression became the normal calm look. And right on time too, because 'Ares' looked at him and revealed that he knew that Xan was hiding something.

Xan's expression became amused, yet remained calm at the same time. He brushed back some of his white hair, which had recently grown a bit longer, and his red eyes stared at Wrath intensely, like he was making a guess about what made the homunculus tick.

Tell me Wrath the Furious, what gave you that impression? Was it the fact that I'm referring to you by your true name? Or was it the fact that I'm a bit more careful than everyone else? Yes, I'm hiding a rather big secret, what of it?

Xan leaned against the wall and continued to look at Wrath.

Let's keep things simple, shall we homunculus? I am gathering allies so that I can destroy Father, and the Briggs Brigade just so happens to be on my list. Is there a problem with that? If you find offense, then by all means, try to kill me. But then again, maybe you're not exactly a loyal homunculus? At any rate, I think that such things are best discussed during or after dinner, don't you?

At this point, Xan started to walk toward the Homunculus with a chuckle, and a wide grin. He still hadn't put the blade-staff back into the wall.

Well Ares? Are you coming to dinner with us?
Xan
Xan
PENDING

-Case File-
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reila Tsukino Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 am

Reila nodded at Houka's comments, agreeing with them completely. They really had to teach security a lesson. Even if someone is waving a head of their enemy, it doesn't exactly mean that he's on their side. What Reila could tell thus far was that he wasn't exactly on their side. In fact, she didn't trust him at all, therefore inviting him to dinner wasn't happening. Her hand drifted to her tachi where it stayed in anticipation. Though tense, she managed to smile slightly at Houka's joke. "Everything but the hard floors will be dry; that includes the food."

The green-haired weirdo was now speaking three different languages--two of which Reila couldn't understand. One was Xingese, and the other just completely threw her off. It was putting her even more on edge. She wasn't sure how much more stress a human could take in a day. It was making her feel dizzy and her hangover only feel worse. So what she gathered was that Ares was trying to figure out who exactly Xan was and Xan was giving him answers strangled with his amusement. But what the green-haired weirdo said, rung in her ears over and over again. You're hiding something, human. Not only did it tell her that Xan was in fact hiding something like she suspected, but it also told her...that this guy was not human himself. Chills ran down her spine, her golden eyes ablaze with thought. Then...what...was he? Memories of Danny washed through her--all the faded smiles--all the betrayal. She took a step back, the hand on her hilt shaking slightly. She wanted to run. For the first time since she was little, she wanted to run. But she didn't. She stayed right where she was, hardly breathing, not even protesting when Xan invited him to dinner.

Reila Tsukino
Reila Tsukino
PENDING

-Case File-
Level:
Writer:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Houka looked at the head. It was really grossing her out. "Could one of you deal with that somehow?" she asked looking at Xan who she felt would be most easily able to get rid of it or do something with it. "Then i'll lead you all to the cafeteria, which my...strange friend...is the other way." She added pointing down the other hall. She looked at Reila wondering whether or not she was coming then decided to add something to her.

"Remember Reila after dinner we have some other things to take care of in my office." she said trying to remind Reila of the game tournament they had arranged to cheer them up. Houka was hiding her depression for now to prevent herself seeming weak infront of Xan and these other 'guests'. "Oh...and on a darker note...you still have some paperwork to do. Some things do need your signature and seal afterall." She looked at the head again. "Someone please get rid of that thing?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Meno's uncovered eye brightened. Father... this man wanted to take down the one bane of his existence... The one man who was stopping the Homunculus from living a somewhat regular life? He looked up with a smile, before pulling out the katana, Skill, and holding it up into the air.

"You want my alliegance against Father? This blade won't be sated until it is garnished with the blood of the man who created me. I wish to have Father's head on a platter, and I won't rest until it is done!" He resheathed the blade. "It's the only way... that I can atone for my sins." His eyes went down to the ground, but then he looked up at the prospect of free food. His eye glistened at the idea, and he smiled. If Xan did indeed bring up Father at this dinner, he'd have to try and reveal his own identity as Wrath without allowing for bloodshed. These people seemed to be one of the few forces of good left in the World. He could just see that, and he smiled.

I have forsaken my own birth. That is what I know. If I am to atone, I shall be the one to rend Father's body asunder. He shall die. And I shall be the last known as Wrath!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Teimo's eyes darted cautiously back and forth between the white clothed man and the odd clothed man. They were speaking in another language and this was not the first time the odd clothed man had done this to Teimo. It was an atrocity beyond measure to speak a language only a few in the group could understand! This was also the reason that all these people should learn Xingese, obviously.

When the testy looking woman spoke about the head Teimo turned his attention back to her, immediately losing interest in the conversation he did not understand in the slightest. The boy did not understand her problem. What was wrong with the head? It didn't bite, at least not anymore. Why was she so bothered by it?

"Yuu do nut lick the hippy edd?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:13 am

She was distracted from the head by the conversation between Xanthus and 'Ares'. She didn't like the fact they were talking in a language neither her nor Reila understood. THey could be saying anything, including plotting to take over Briggs or hurt Reila. She thought about this. She definately needed to improve on her linguistic skills as currently she only spoke the language of Amestris. She was sure Reila spoke more then one language, afterall she had heard her converse with Dai in a language she did not understand. She sighed deeply. Maybe Dai or Reila could teach her some languages? She suspected Mura would know plenty, but...he couldn't help and that was all her fault. A tear came to her eye which she quickly wiped away before turning to Teimo who had just spoken. His grasp of Amestrian, at least in speech, was terrible, but even he spoke more then one language. At the moment Houka felt pretty stupid.

"No its creepy. Head's should either be on the body or on the battlefield not on the floors of my home." she said staring at the head again. It was quite disgusting and had leaked blood all over the clean floors. "And also now I am going to have to arrange to have these floors cleaned."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next